[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on the flow you want it may be possible to use gregtech pipes to force the right amount (checked, there isnt any GT pipe with 32000mb/s). You will need one output hatch per pipeline and then you use a GT pipe that has a maximum capacity that is the nominal flowrate of the turbine. There are a few things you can controle flows but typically not at such high flowrates as you are looking at right now. i think 4 flowcontrollers (max 20000mb/s per controller) would solve your problems though. If you have a decent amount of tungstensteel i would recommend the 48000 mb/s turbine, it works really well. Thats the solition i used for my oversized lava setup. It consumes 1800 mb of lava per second to produce about 14400 eu/t in a superheated steam system. SInce im using large fluxed electrum pipes i can controle the flowrate into the turbines with the huge tungstensteel pipes

@Joel Falk this was from quite a while back but I just discovered a nifty item from GT: fluid regulators as covers, available in all voltage tiers and configurable with a screwdriver.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I know about them but i have actually never gotten around using them, what are the configuration options with them? Anything that could make GT pipes easier to use would be much appriciated :)

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
I know about them but i have actually never gotten around using them, what are the configuration options with them? Anything that could make GT pipes easier to use would be much appriciated :)
From what I see every hit of the screwdriver increases the pump speed by 16mB/t (320L/s). You can do this until you've hit 640L/s for LV and correspondingly up to 163,840L/s for IV.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make compressed iron? I tried leaving iron on the ground, threw dynamite on it, all 3 stacks disappeared. Then I tried with a powderbarrel, same effect. Is it a specific explosion?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How do you make compressed iron? I tried leaving iron on the ground, threw dynamite on it, all 3 stacks disappeared. Then I tried with a powderbarrel, same effect. Is it a specific explosion?
It is definitely a narrow list of specific explosions.

Vanilla TNT works. Creeper explosion works. Not sure what else.

U

UNG_God

Shop: New purchase options appear after you unlock new metal(and gem) "tiers" in the other quest tabs
thanks

TC: Compared with "vanilla" TC progression you need to complete much more research to reach higher crafting options, for example you need to go through crystal reconstitution(if that's what it's called) to get a prerequisite for making the "Crafting Matrix" for altar crafting. In general just research more stuff that you would in normal TC and you should be fine.
after knowing why the step is so far ahead, do make some sense, pity the book dont give any hint.

Tip: save at least some coins to purchase lithium for easier good batteries, unless you have a good source of salt ;) (Even with a good vein of salt you still can benefit from buying lithium imo)
that might be, on the past i managed to run fine using ic2 batery.

afaik should be any explosion vanila like, i did it with alumentaum.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop -
that might be, on the past i managed to run fine using ic2 batery.
- crop -
You need a lithium battery for the soldering iron, and it's way better to use lithium for the rest of the powered GT tools.

S

Steamlord

I ran in to be of a snag. I was trying to complete one of the quests in the quest book. The quest would be components quest in the steel age. I was building the 2 pump components that act as covers, as I was checking to see how to build them and put in what was needed, it would not make them. So I doubled checked to see if I was missing something and notice and that I wasn't. So I'm not sure if someone else ran in to the same issue. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew about it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I ran in to be of a snag. I was trying to complete one of the quests in the quest book. The quest would be components quest in the steel age. I was building the 2 pump components that act as covers, as I was checking to see how to build them and put in what was needed, it would not make them. So I doubled checked to see if I was missing something and notice and that I wasn't. So I'm not sure if someone else ran in to the same issue. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew about it.
Ok so if i understand correctly, you were trying to build Pump components, you checked NEI for recipe, put it the materials and it doesnt craft it. Can you please make a screenshot of what materials are you putting into crafting table for us to check if you aren't putting something wrong in there. It can happen and happens to all of us.

P

Pyromancer56

So I don't know if it's just not possible or it's another hidden recipe but how do you make Pig Iron?

P

Pyla

So, here's something no one else seems to be dealing with right now.

My ores are turning into GT.blockores.0 ...

I'm not sure why. Restarting the client doesn't help, restarting the server doesn't help, and it's not naturally generating either. I had a magnetite vein in the south on my island, and when I went there to get gold today, the entire vein was gone and replaced with these stone blocks. The worst part is it's spreading.

What do I do?

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not sure why. Restarting the client doesn't help, restarting the server doesn't help, and it's not naturally generating either. I had a magnetite vein in the south on my island, and when I went there to get gold today, the entire vein was gone and replaced with these stone blocks. The worst part is it's spreading.

What do I do?
back up your worlds, redownload the entire client, copy your worlds into it. don't forget the journeymap folder for the world, too.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

What do I do?
This happens when the ore looses its state. Not sure why that happens. @Blood Asp knows about it but havent yet found how to solve this.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see other peoples bases and builds and worlds...
Is there a way to make a place where people can post pictures? Not somewhere where someone can upload photos, but more someplace where anybody that plays this modpack can post there their pictures

I think it would be really cool, theres probably so many ideias and cool builds that we may never know about, cause people dont share or dont have a place to share them...

Well, either way, share your world... I would love to see other peoples work :D

Enviado do meu SM-N910F através de Tapatalk

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see other peoples bases and builds and worlds...
Is there a way to make a place where people can post pictures? Not somewhere where someone can upload photos, but more someplace where anybody that plays this modpack can post there their pictures

I think it would be really cool, theres probably so many ideias and cool builds that we may never know about, cause people dont share or dont have a place to share them...

Well, either way, share your world... I would love to see other peoples work :D

Enviado do meu SM-N910F através de Tapatalk
We have just recently setup subreddit, so you can all start posting stuff in there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/InfiTech/

Bear in mind, that I am complete noob when it comes to reddit, so its going to look bit... boring... until I figure it all out :)
(or until we get some moderators in) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FutureCode

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! :)
I have a little problem:
My scroll feature is not working correctly... When I want to get my items by scrolling then this item wants to go to my inventory, but it can't.
Could you please help me? :)
Sorry, I know my english is bad :)

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! :)
I have a little problem:
My scroll feature is not working correctly... When I want to get my items by scrolling then this item wants to go to my inventory, but it can't.
Could you please help me? :)
Sorry, I know my english is bad :)
I understand, you want the mouse wheel you send/take items from a container. Transfer items.
It's a bit odd, have you tried turning the wheel both ways?
Second, does the mouse wheel work outside the game?

Reactions: Niidikene

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Question to anyone good at KAMI/TC: Does the Ichorcloth wand have similar boni as the primal staff? The primal staff recharges automaticaly and adds +1 potency to each focus, but what does the ichor one have in advantage over the higher vis storage?

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
I understand, you want the mouse wheel you send/take items from a container. Transfer items.
It's a bit odd, have you tried turning the wheel both ways?
Second, does the mouse wheel work outside the game?
Yeah! It does...
If I remember correctly, then last week it worked correctly....
Now it doesn't :/

S

Skegon

Love this modpack, but I'm having a problem.
I wish to research Straw Golems in Thaumcraft, but it says "Missing required research".
Usually you just have to research the Hungry Chest, and you get the straw golem, but this is not the case.
How do I get the straw golem research? :)