[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
C

ColdComfort

Yeah, need annealed copper and aluminum for the next phase.

I thought the input EU seemed low, but the instruction guide says to use 3 LV hatches, which would be sufficient. How do you put more power in?Just add more buffers and cables? I'm a bit hazy on the whole "amps" thing, and the amperage that the LV hatches could accept was not listed, so far as I could see...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, need annealed copper and aluminum for the next phase.

I thought the input EU seemed low, but the instruction guide says to use 3 LV hatches, which would be sufficient. How do you put more power in?Just add more buffers and cables? I'm a bit hazy on the whole "amps" thing, and the amperage that the LV hatches could accept was not listed, so far as I could see...
Three LV hatches yes but most recipes require 120 eu/t or more.

Each hatch can accept 2 amps (packages) of power. You're currently sending only 1 amp to each hatch

Since each amp can carry at most 32 eu/t, you're sending (at most) 32 * 3 = 96 eu/t. Minus loss from that cabling.

If those three machines feeding it are battery buffers, your simplest option is to use 4x battery buffers with 2 batteries each, attached via 2x cables (or directly against the EBF)

A 4x battery buffer with 2 batteries in it can send 2 amps. That would be enough to make your annealed copper.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Teaching with MS Paint!
upload_2016-6-24_9-47-5.png

Reactions: sprAngles

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Actually 3 separate batbuffers is bad. The energy Draw is not even, so it will not evenly drain. Build one 9x or 16x batbuffers, put it in the middle and wire it up with one 8x and two 2x cables on the side. There will be slightly higher loss because of the one block longer cables, but one fully used bat buffer.

The 2x and 8x cables will not burn because of the energy hatches drawing only 2amp each. So even with 16 batterys in only 2 or 6 Amp will Flow.

Reactions: Yeti and MrPopov

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The 2x and 8x cables will not burn because of the energy hatches drawing only 2amp each. So even with 16 batterys in only 2 or 6 Amp will Flow.
As a rule I still prefer to put enough amp-capacity on my cables for the full buffer output, just in case I forget and try to connect a new machine onto that cable later.

(Also, just for clarity to everyone else, my wire-fire scenario in top-right pane does apply: the hatch potentially requests 2A on a single-amp wire)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
To be exact on your 3x 2amp batbuffer setup, i would have removed the cables completely and placed the batbuffers right next to the energy hatches to have zero cableloss and no danger of burning cables.

N

Navarin

Am I the only one who only uses 2 LV inputs for the EBF? I mean, I realize that not having a soldering iron for a long time was a problem, but now that it's in I find that smacking 2 buffers against two energy hatches is the easiest thing to do. Starting to wonder if I'm missing something.

Unrelated: I think I might go buy a lottery ticket. My first five shafts in my newest world.

http://i.imgur.com/dekOhdv.png

Reactions: sprAngles
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Am I the only one who only uses 2 LV inputs for the EBF? I mean, I realize that not having a soldering iron for a long time was a problem, but now that it's in I find that smacking 2 buffers against two energy hatches is the easiest thing to do. Starting to wonder if I'm missing something. - crop -
I generally only use three E-input hatches until I can make a soldering iron, then "upgrade" the setup to have only two hatches with one 4x batt buffer with four lithium bats inside... total Eu/t is 126 ( 132 - 2 - 4 ) and that's enough for LV imo.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The recommendation for 3 energy hatches is only because 2 are too close to the limit. Just a cable too much or some other little unintended loss a new player has while building his first EBF and they do not know what is wrong and ask in dozens. Recommending 3 gives enough leeway for most beginners to have it work from the beginning.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

The recommendation for 3 energy hatches is only because 2 are too close to the limit. Just a cable too much or some other little unintended loss a new player has while building his first EBF and they do not know what is wrong and ask in dozens. Recommending 3 gives enough leeway for most beginners to have it work from the beginning.
Definitely, though I'm still miffed that the quest requires me to make four... since I never use the fourth(for the EBF) it feels like a waste that early in the tech-progression. I do understand the logic inherent for having four, since not every GT player knows that you can put 2A into each, and in those instances having four is needed... but tbh the information could be given in the quest, since it's already dealing with energy hatches.

Garthor

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm having an issue with the JSON Loot Bags mod. Specifically, the bags I open always end up with the same result (per bag type), unless I open a large number at the same time, in which case subsequent bags will have new, random contents.

My assumption would be that whatever RNG the mod is using to generate the loot bags is getting reset periodically, ie: every hour or so. Opening multiple bags likely gives the same sequence of results, though I haven't tested that assumption to be sure.

F

FutureCode

Definitely, though I'm still miffed that the quest requires me to make four... since I never use the fourth(for the EBF) it feels like a waste that early in the tech-progression. I do understand the logic inherent for having four, since not every GT player knows that you can put 2A into each, and in those instances having four is needed... but tbh the information could be given in the quest, since it's already dealing with energy hatches.

GT is quite vague here. In the beginning I expect 4 energy hatches to supply 128EU/t. Then I learnt with 1 issue unfixed you need to have 132EU/t, so I expect 5 energy hatches. But 5 hatches won't work because it would cause overclock. Then I know that each hatch takes 2A and the multiblock is actually able to pull the full 132EU/t with just 3 LV hatches (3*32=96 but 96 has no meaning at all).

TLDR: 3 hatches are enough. But be sure your energy source is more than 132EU/t (and a bit more considering loss).

Corax

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone problems with Ewy's Workshop workshop tables? i placed 2 in my base (both in the same chunk) and my fps drops from 70+ to 30-40. When i remove them i have 70+ fps again

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

has anyone problems with Ewy's Workshop workshop tables? i placed 2 in my base (both in the same chunk) and my fps drops from 70+ to 30-40. When i remove them i have 70+ fps again
@Navarin
Same here, when I removed my EWY workbench in my SMP base I noticed a definite improvement on playability inside my workshop.