[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I only ever used clearblocks once when I first discovered this modpack. I did it on a test world so I could learn how the oregen actually works. I never tried the countblocks command. If you try it, let us know how that works for you.

EDIT: But I suspect that it would work... a bit cheaty imho... but if your goal is to find the tin without the grind of searching, it should work.

Okay, I might not need to try it, I went on an exploratory trip to find some caves or more tin, and found a nice Tin vein in one of them. Hopefully it'll be enough to get past the Steam Era and into using an Ender Quarry to mine some more tin up from veins or wherever it's hiding. I have got to say, though, it is a hard resource to locate.

In any case, I now have some tin should I need to try locating it. :D

Quick question, Tetrahedrite is easy enough to find does anyone smelt it directly to copper if they need it? I've got plenty of copper locations I can get the raw ore from so hopefully won't need to. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Cloudie

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell why this is not pumping into the QDS? I also have the same problem with a rain tank. Sorry for my newbieness!

Turns out you have to right click on the ender IO conduit connection at the bottom of the tank and make it so it works without a redstone connection. Just a heads up for those starting out!

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Naphta is produced in a few steps and the easiest low tech way is to take any oil (they all produce naphta but in varying amounts) and distill it. With the right chip this will produce sulfuric naphtah which then has to be cleaned of sulfur in a chemical reactor. The desulfurisation process requires hydrogen which can be created from electrolyzing water (LV) or electrolyzing methane gas (MV). The process also produces hydrogen sulfur which can be made into sulfuric acid to recycle the cells back into the process.

To automate the process you need 1 distillery (for sulfuric naphtah), 2 chemical reactors (one for desulfuring, one for sulfuric acid), 1 electrolyzer (to electrolyze water), 2 canning machines (uncanning oxygen, canning hydrogen). This can be automated with ender io item conduits with round robin setings on conduits. However for the more advanced desulfurisation processes you will need extra utilities hyper rationing pipes which requires the QED

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Naphta is produced in a few steps and the easiest low tech way is to take any oil (they all produce naphta but in varying amounts) and distill it. With the right chip this will produce sulfuric naphtah which then has to be cleaned of sulfur in a chemical reactor. The desulfurisation process requires hydrogen which can be created from electrolyzing water (LV) or electrolyzing methane gas (MV). The process also produces hydrogen sulfur which can be made into sulfuric acid to recycle the cells back into the process.

To automate the process you need 1 distillery (for sulfuric naphtah), 2 chemical reactors (one for desulfuring, one for sulfuric acid), 1 electrolyzer (to electrolyze water), 2 canning machines (uncanning oxygen, canning hydrogen). This can be automated with ender io item conduits with round robin setings on conduits. However for the more advanced desulfurisation processes you will need extra utilities hyper rationing pipes which requires the QED
The hyper rationing pipes are useful but also Lp can keep supPLIED. I have an eio tank with hydrogen and added a crafting module for cell to empty cell.

Ive been trying to create oil processing with LP for liquid transfer and keeping things in stock and its pretty interesting to see.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

R

Rogash

Okay, I might not need to try it, I went on an exploratory trip to find some caves or more tin, and found a nice Tin vein in one of them. Hopefully it'll be enough to get past the Steam Era and into using an Ender Quarry to mine some more tin up from veins or wherever it's hiding. I have got to say, though, it is a hard resource to locate.

In any case, I now have some tin should I need to try locating it. :D

Quick question, Tetrahedrite is easy enough to find does anyone smelt it directly to copper if they need it? I've got plenty of copper locations I can get the raw ore from so hopefully won't need to. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Ideally i use tetrahedrite to get the antimony too.
I don't wanna disappoint you but if i'm right an ender quarry should be hv-tier cause of all the enderium you need

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Ideally i use tetrahedrite to get the antimony too.
I don't wanna disappoint you but if i'm right an ender quarry should be hv-tier cause of all the enderium you need
It requires hv machines but using TC you can bypass the nichrome coils at least.

Edit: Does anyone know a good way to make a dye farm? I used to use the dynamism tablet but it is very gated now so it isn't really possible to use the bone-meal on grass + water + vacuum chest. I want to get into working on my railcraft station but I need lots of dyes, arethere any reasonable alternatives?

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
It requires hv machines but using TC you can bypass the nichrome coils at least.

Explain what you mean? I don't get it from looking at the recipes, maybe I'm looking at a bugged recipe or something. The recipe for molten Enderium says 88EU/t - that is only an MV era machine according to the GregTech tier system for it's own batboxes.

If this Ender quarry really is so difficult to get I can always just cheat one in along with a Creative energy cell and whatever the quarry needs to operate and just not care about Jason's nerfs or the GregTech tiers anymore.

The whole point of an Ender Quarry is to make mining easier, I can't believe Jason wanted us to go all the way to HV just to get a quarry up and running. That is just unfair, especially for single-player users.

The deeper I get into Infitech, the more it is about GregTech and less about caring how the player is going to get there. This is not what I imagine a GregTech balanced modpack to be like.

Is there an early-game alternative to an Ender Quarry for those who don't want to mine manually?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

R

Rogash

Explain what you mean? I don't get it from looking at the recipes, maybe I'm looking at a bugged recipe or something. The recipe for molten Enderium says 88EU/t - that is only an MV era machine according to the GregTech tier system for it's own batboxes.

If this Ender quarry really is so difficult to get I can always just cheat one in along with a Creative energy cell and whatever the quarry needs to operate and just not care about Jason's nerfs or the GregTech tiers anymore.

The whole point of an Ender Quarry is to make mining easier, I can't believe Jason wanted us to go all the way to HV just to get a quarry up and running. That is just unfair, especially for single-player users.

The deeper I get into Infitech, the more it is about GregTech and less about caring how the player is going to get there. This is not what I imagine a GregTech balanced modpack to be like.

Is there an early-game alternative to an Ender Quarry for those who don't want to mine manually?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
For an ender quarry you need: molten enderium/enderium/vacuum freezer/enderium dust/ ebf with nichrome coils/enderium base that needs a hv chemical reactor and platinum
Or you take the taumcraft way which is a difficult transmutation
Then a QED for the crafting
Aside from that also diamonds gold and nether quarz

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure? The tooltip states stuff that can be run in a diesel generator and not all liquid fuels can be run there. Or is all liquid fuels at 20% efficiency? Also then what is the difference in efficiency between the different GT boilers. For instance would creosote be 2000*2=4000 steam in a bronze boiler and 50% more in the tungstensteel boiler (the difference in efficiency).
Oops I read the wiki page...don't remember how I thought of it as 25% fuel efficiency, but yeah I guess all liquid fuels can be burnt for 80% efficiency, which I think is blanketed across all boilers (sorry currently too lazy to test anything so pardon me if I'm wrong yet again).
An alternative way for automation (after attaining the distillation tower) for all four oil products is to overload all machines (four chemical reactors for desulfurisation, chemical reactor that produces sulfuric acid and the hydrogen canning machine) with empty tin cells. Whenever there is a reaction the hydrogen canner will just fill up the blank space with another hydrogen cell. I've only done this while testing the 5.09 oil system for the first time, gonna do it in survival but it's gonna cost a buttload of tin.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

As soon as I can create titanium, that is just a chemical reactor + hv energy hatch I create the arcane bore. Using void pick w/ repair and a decent excavation focus it can mine a large part of a vein relatively quickly. While it's not a quarry, I just look at what I need and dump it at the edge of a vein that I need and return like an hour later and it has mined out stacks of ores.

Early-game not really, sadly, but fully automated mining shouldn't really be achievable in LV era.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Does anyone know a good way to make a dye farm? I used to use the dynamism tablet but it is very gated now so it isn't really possible to use the bone-meal on grass + water + vacuum chest. I want to get into working on my railcraft station but I need lots of dyes, arethere any reasonable alternatives?

Vanilla Minecraft to the rescue! There are many vanilla flower farm designs that use dispensers and bonemeal to grow the flowers. You can then use water flow or "piston shifting grass" to let the vacuum hopper collect the flowers. Most of the Vanilla tutorials use Vanilla redstone clocks of course, but you should be able to figure out how to use one of the fancier Project Red clocks instead. If you play on a server, you might not want to let the farm run forever in order to reduce your contribution to server lag, but it should make enough flowers that you only need to run it every so often.

In the event flowers are not giving you some of the colors like cactus green, you could also build a self-harvesting cactus farm like this one that I use to make pipe sealant for ordo.

F

FutureCode

In case you didn't know, you can directly plant red/yellow flowers on ic2 cropsticks. Other flowers are available through cross breeding.

Sprigum

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Early game automation of most processes early game is quite difficult. It appears the way its setup that until you get to MV most automation is going to be fairly basic unless you invest significant amounts of gold in building a really well design LP system.

I don't know if there are other quarries in the game. You can use thaumcraft to make Native clusters before you macerate the ore - which effectively triples some ores.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
As soon as I can create titanium, that is just a chemical reactor + hv energy hatch I create the arcane bore. Using void pick w/ repair and a decent excavation focus it can mine a large part of a vein relatively quickly. While it's not a quarry, I just look at what I need and dump it at the edge of a vein that I need and return like an hour later and it has mined out stacks of ores.

Early-game not really, sadly, but fully automated mining shouldn't really be achievable in LV era.

Yeah, it should be achievable whenever I feel tired of mining veins up by hand. I feel as though I should go off on my own tangent and unnerf the Ender Quarry and QED recipes. This is so that I can get somewhere mining ores I'll need without having to wear out my mouse.

I did want to know what Jason had to say about the Ender Quarry being tied to GregTech progression, though, if he's around.

Mining shouldn't be tied to GregTech progression for two reasons:

1. It is so hard to locate veins I need without help - I play singleplayer.

2. It really ruins the mouse buttons on my mouse, because I'm doing even more clicking than I need to. This simply is a practical matter of when I have to buy a new mouse, I'd much rather buy one later than sooner. It has nothing to do with GregTech progression or the fact that I'm still going to build all of the GregTech machines in order to progress, anyway.

Jason could make some concessions to singleplayer, but if he will not, I shall have to make recipe alterations myself.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it should be achievable whenever I feel tired of mining veins up by hand. I feel as though I should go off on my own tangent and unnerf the Ender Quarry and QED recipes. This is so that I can get somewhere mining ores I'll need without having to wear out my mouse.

I did want to know what Jason had to say about the Ender Quarry being tied to GregTech progression, though, if he's around.

Mining shouldn't be tied to GregTech progression for two reasons:

1. It is so hard to locate veins I need without help - I play singleplayer.

2. It really ruins the mouse buttons on my mouse, because I'm doing even more clicking than I need to. This simply is a practical matter of when I have to buy a new mouse, I'd much rather buy one later than sooner. It has nothing to do with GregTech progression or the fact that I'm still going to build all of the GregTech machines in order to progress, anyway.

Jason could make some concessions to singleplayer, but if he will not, I shall have to make recipe alterations myself.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

well i mean anyone can alter the recipes for their single player all they want. you dont have to get mad/irritated/upset that he wont change his ideas. everyone is entitled to their own. he made it hard and most people on this forum enjoy the change from regular vanilla modded minecraft. if you want something harder but less tech/automation try some TFC. XD then you will be really upset. that changes the whole of minecraft not just some recipes.

also if you change to many things people on here may not be able to help you. and with the quarry you still have to find the ores. it just speeds up the mining of the ores. also being that you seem to know more about this pack then me. im amazed you dont have a better pick that can mine the ores faster and is easily repaired. Dark steel as an example.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Early game automation of most processes early game is quite difficult. It appears the way its setup that until you get to MV most automation is going to be fairly basic unless you invest significant amounts of gold in building a really well design LP system.

I don't know if there are other quarries in the game. You can use thaumcraft to make Native clusters before you macerate the ore - which effectively triples some ores.

acutally with only a few item conduits i have all my ores automated with lv machines. idk what you need mv for. while im mining my ores are processing so its not like i have to wait too long by the time i walk all the 30k blocks back to my cave.

R

Rogash

As we were talking automated mining options...does the advanced miner 2 mine the existing ores in the world or is it like the oil that the ores you find with a seismic prospector are just "data" that you extract from bedrock?

Last edited:

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting an Unable to Launch error, tried reinstalling the launcher, reinstalling the modpack... nothing seems to help. I appended the log:

Code:
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.4.12 Build: 10412)
Launcher Install Dir: B:\Feed The Beast
System memory: 11308M free, 14221M total
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Version: 1.8.0_91 sorted as: 1.8.0_91 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\java.exe
Java Version: 1.8.0_92 sorted as: 1.8.0_92 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_92\bin\java.exe
Java Version: 1.8.0_91 sorted as: 1.8.0_91 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\java.exe
Java Version: 1.8.0_91 sorted as: 1.8.0_91 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\java.exe
Preferred: Java Version: 1.8.0_91 sorted as: 1.8.0_91 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\java.exe
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
[i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
Checking installation location
Loading user data
Using download server CurseCDN:CurseCDN on host ftb.cursecdn.com (104.16.15.166)
Creating Console window
Creating main window
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 1 cyGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 2 daDK to options pane
[i18n] Added 3 deDE to options pane
[i18n] Added 4 enGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 5 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 6 esES to options pane
[i18n] Added 7 fiFI to options pane
[i18n] Added 8 frCA to options pane
[i18n] Added 9 frFR to options pane
[i18n] Added 10 itIT to options pane
[i18n] Added 11 maHU to options pane
[i18n] Added 12 nlNL to options pane
[i18n] Added 13 noNO to options pane
[i18n] Added 14 plPL to options pane
[i18n] Added 15 ptBR to options pane
[i18n] Added 16 ptPT to options pane
[i18n] Added 17 ruRU to options pane
[i18n] Added 18 svSE to options pane
[i18n] Added 19 zhCN to options pane
[i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
Setting up Launcher
Downloading pack data
Local Authlib Version is good, skipping Download
Adding Authlib to Classpath
Loading modpack information for obscurity.xml...
Loading modpack information for thirdparty.xml...
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Loading modpack information for technofirma.xml...
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Opening main window
Adding texture pack 1 (Soartex Fanver)
Adding texture pack 2 (Jadedcat Mixpack)
Adding texture pack 3 (Invictus)
Adding texture pack 4 (Faithful)
Adding texture pack 5 (JohnSmith Technicians Remix)
Adding texture pack 6 (Familiar yet Different)
Adding map 1 (FTB Trident Default Map)
Adding map 2 (Agrarian Skies Default Map)
Adding map 3 (Agrarian Skies Flat Map)
Adding map 4 (Agrarian Skies Server Map)
Adding map 5 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Adding map 6 (FTB Pax Challenge)
Adding map 7 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Adding map 8 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.10)
Adding map 9 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.20)
Adding map 10 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.30)
Adding map 11 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.40)
Adding map 12 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.50)
Adding map 13 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.80)
Adding map 14 (FTB Normal)
Adding map 15 (FTB Insanity)
MCVersion: 1710
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
InfiTech2
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: B3E6DB7BB36CDE869A7AADFFD0D6356C
Remote: B3E6DB7BB36CDE869A7AADFFD0D6356C
Mods Folder: B:\Feed The Beast\InfiTech2\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\Joshua\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\InfiTech2\minecraft\mods
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version 1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for InfiTech 2 v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: InfiTech 2 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 8192
Adding Optimization Arguments: -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation
[16:17:37] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[16:17:37] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]