[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
ofcourse. it runs but it eats my materials. it has no bad maintenance so ive been confused as to why its not getting enough power. im producing way more power then it can use. i have mv power production but not enough aluminum from exploring to make a mv energy connector for the EBF so thats not an option.
This is what I use now to power an EBF with LV. Have 3 energy hatches and hook all of them up with a 4x LV battery buffer using 4x tin cables. Since there's only one source of EU, there will be no preferential depletion.

Last edited:

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Ive started working on a new sheet in the google docs document now and i was wondering if anyone could share some light on some specific calculations.

Does anyone know heat up times for Large heat exchanger?

Also many liquid fuels does not have a burn value in NEI, how do you translate a eu fuel value into steam for large boilers? for instance creosote has a burn value in a semifluid generator of 8000eu/bucket. once i know the baseline conversion i could do it for all other fluids as well

So I guess someone should add this into the wiki if anyone else verifies this: LHE consumes up to 8000mB of hot coolant on the first cycle (second) without outputting steam, then gradually increases steam output per cycle until hitting full efficiency after 125s. Unfortunately I only bothered to experiment with 1000mB/s and 2000mB/s of hot coolant; anyone else who wishes to test any other flow rate or with lava is more than welcome to do so.

As for liquid fueled large boilers, iirc those fuels shown for semifluid boiler can be burned in a large steam boiler for the steam equivalent of 1/4th the amount of EU shown. Creosote oil will therefore give 2,000EU's worth of steam per cell. As for other fuels like nitro diesel and light fuel, I'm not sure whether they can be accepted by the large boiler.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I use now to power an EBF with LV. Have 3 energy hatches and hook all of them up with a 4x LV battery buffer using 4x tin cables. Since there's only one source of EU, there will be no preferential depletion.

ill attempt to make some extra battery buffers and have them directly input into the machines power connectors

F

FutureCode

You need to unlock the eldritch tab for it since it requires void metal afaik, though that shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

For gregtech tools you just use disassembler and just recycle. For normal stuff there's no alternative machine to repair tools, you can use enchantments or similar solutions instead.

For the liquid fueled firebox you need quite a bit of coke ovens. I don't have the numbers on me, but a 36 LP firebox requires a fair amount of coke ovens to the point where, depending on your progress, a pyrolyse oven is a better solution since that can probably keep up with creosote production.

The dish washer is used to repair items, and IIRC they seem to forget to change its recipe. ( i.e. it is a LOT cheaper than the thaumic restorer)

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
As for liquid fueled large boilers, iirc those fuels shown for semifluid boiler can be burned in a large steam boiler for the steam equivalent of 1/4th the amount of EU shown. Creosote oil will therefore give 2,000EU's worth of steam per cell. As for other fuels like nitro diesel and light fuel, I'm not sure whether they can be accepted by the large boiler.

Are you sure? The tooltip states stuff that can be run in a diesel generator and not all liquid fuels can be run there. Or is all liquid fuels at 20% efficiency? Also then what is the difference in efficiency between the different GT boilers. For instance would creosote be 2000*2=4000 steam in a bronze boiler and 50% more in the tungstensteel boiler (the difference in efficiency).

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Go into the saves folder in your infitech instance and copy paste the world then? That should give you an exact duplicate. The re-create option at the single player menu should duplicate a world with the exact same seed too.

The re-create option gives me an option to revert to a backup of my world. I wasn't sure exactly how that would work and didn't want to mess with getting my current world backups corrupted because I reverted to a previous backup. I don't understand the backup system in this modpack at all, so not wanting to go there.

As for the copy/paste of the world I assume you mean I can make a new folder name so as to make it different and dump the data into that then? I'm not sure how that would work either. I don't mess with files on my storage system much nowadays, I used to know a lot but have no idea if any of it has changed much in Windows 10 from earlier versions of Windows. They still seem to be using the primitive MS-DOS filesystem method of 8 character names and assigning folders for Windows by adding extra data within the file system structure, along with a kludge that allows you to navigate using Windows folder naming conventions.

If the copy/paste is doable from within File Explorer, I might be able to not care about the details and try it that way.

Also, do you have the exact COFH command to use to clear non-ore blocks?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Google told me you were looking for this :)

http://teamcofh.com/docs/cofh-core/features/commands/#clearblocks

so just use that to clear stone (and maybe dirt) so you can see all ore that remains.

Interesting, I notice the countblocks command on that page, does that work for GregTech ore blocks or is it better for vanilla or modded ore blocks? If I could use the countblocks command to find how many tin ores are within a certain radius of me, that could work to find the veins.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i notice how to make the fancy oil for circuits however im not certain on how to get the naptha with the distillery?

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I notice the countblocks command on that page, does that work for GregTech ore blocks or is it better for vanilla or modded ore blocks? If I could use the countblocks command to find how many tin ores are within a certain radius of me, that could work to find the veins.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I only ever used clearblocks once when I first discovered this modpack. I did it on a test world so I could learn how the oregen actually works. I never tried the countblocks command. If you try it, let us know how that works for you.

EDIT: But I suspect that it would work... a bit cheaty imho... but if your goal is to find the tin without the grind of searching, it should work.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
i cant remember if i can use a circuit board on a forestry farm and have the basic one so i can have 3 tree farm sides and a peat bog on the last one? or does it shut off the other 3 sides?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The dish washer is used to repair items, and IIRC they seem to forget to change its recipe. ( i.e. it is a LOT cheaper than the thaumic restorer)
It's left in because it should only work on vanilla tools and armour I believe, which is steadily outpaced by modded versions. Repair your iron pick? Should work, repair your thaumium pick? Shouldn't work.

Cloudie

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell why this is not pumping into the QDS? I also have the same problem with a rain tank. Sorry for my newbieness!

5177a68598.jpg

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell why this is not pumping into the QDS? I also have the same problem with a rain tank. Sorry for my newbieness!
I assume because it does not recognize the QDS as an actual tank. This one was tricky for me to get too and it has been a while since I completed that quest, but I think I just put the QDS connected directly to the bottom of my Railcraft Water Tank. I did not try attaching it directly to the bottom of a raintank, nor did I use any BC tank or other pipes, iirc.