[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
so im inbetween mv and lv... i say that because i now have mv machines and power. however... i havnt even got past 60% on the steel age... so should i still get the rewards for crafting things ive already made? or does it require me to remake it or rebuild the multiblocks to hold the blocks/parts?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

so im inbetween mv and lv... i say that because i now have mv machines and power. however... i havnt even got past 60% on the steel age... so should i still get the rewards for crafting things ive already made? or does it require me to remake it or rebuild the multiblocks to hold the blocks/parts?
I've "accidentally" competed quests by ignoring the corrects quest-paths... only time you might need to "remake" some items is when you need a specific quantity, where you previously made a little less but in general I'd say you get all rewards retroactively no matter if you have the quest unlocked yet or not.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
so i saw someone was using creosote oil to fuel a liquid fueled firebox from railcraft... ive never been able to run one without running it on low pressure almost to the point where it isnt even producing steam... is this what your doing? or can two keep up since the last time ive tried this. (many many months ago, different packs)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
ok ok so for the sake of thuamcraft annoying me to death with this giant pile of things i dont really need/if i do im no where near my manufacturing steps to get said things. how hard is it to unlock thaumic restorer? or anything in this pack able to automate repairing of tools?

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
ok ok so for the sake of thuamcraft annoying me to death with this giant pile of things i dont really need/if i do im no where near my manufacturing steps to get said things. how hard is it to unlock thaumic restorer? or anything in this pack able to automate repairing of tools?

You need to unlock the eldritch tab for it since it requires void metal afaik, though that shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

For gregtech tools you just use disassembler and just recycle. For normal stuff there's no alternative machine to repair tools, you can use enchantments or similar solutions instead.

For the liquid fueled firebox you need quite a bit of coke ovens. I don't have the numbers on me, but a 36 LP firebox requires a fair amount of coke ovens to the point where, depending on your progress, a pyrolyse oven is a better solution since that can probably keep up with creosote production.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
ok one big question ive been having some sort of issue after a while or if i go through a portal or even tested with a tp i sometimes get disconnected from the server. now this only happens to me once in a while i was wondering if anyone else was having any issues with this pack doing it to them? before you say its a connection thing. it effects no one else on the server and im a localhost. i know this isnt the place for this kind of thing but it only happens on this pack.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
ok one big question ive been having some sort of issue after a while or if i go through a portal or even tested with a tp i sometimes get disconnected from the server. now this only happens to me once in a while i was wondering if anyone else was having any issues with this pack doing it to them? before you say its a connection thing. it effects no one else on the server and im a localhost. i know this isnt the place for this kind of thing but it only happens on this pack.

What does the server log say when you get disconnected? What does your client log say? This is more than likely where you would find out whats going on. Most likely it isn't the pack, especially since you are the only one experiencing the issue. Your computer may not be loading the new area fast enough causing you to drop or your internet connection (or router in your case) may not be keeping up, etc.. Theres quite a few things that would cause this outside of the pack.

Edit: Forgot to mention that being the local host may be the problem as well. Direwolf20 use to overload my computer back in my pre-server days as soon as my world got to a decent size.

Last edited:

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
What does the server log say when you get disconnected? What does your client log say? This is more than likely where you would find out whats going on. Most likely it isn't the pack, especially since you are the only one experiencing the issue. Your computer may not be loading the new area fast enough causing you to drop or your internet connection (or router in your case) may not be keeping up, etc.. Theres quite a few things that would cause this outside of the pack.

Edit: Forgot to mention that being the local host may be the problem as well. Direwolf20 use to overload my computer back in my pre-server days as soon as my world got to a decent size.

well im not sure as to how to hide this?
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [yampst/yampst]: Dumping stats!
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:357]: [YAMPST] Data posted to YAMPST server follows:
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:358]: {mcversion=1.7.10, version=3.2.7, trackid=4a3cbc3191a7b0ff63bbe7232fc6a9c69acf486eb88f07767e884663, platform=server, install=0, launch=0, uptime=3600, yampstver=1.3.5}
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:371]: [YAMPST] Sending POST to YAMPST server
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:372]: [YAMPST] Response code : 500
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:387]: [YAMPST] post-failed;arc-failed
[12:21:32] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:22:17] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:23:02] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:23:47] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:24:14] [Server thread/DEBUG] [NotEnoughItems/]: Sending serverside check to: Ultimaheart4
[12:24:37] [Netty IO #5/ERROR] [FML/]: NetworkDispatcher exception
io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException
[12:24:37] [Server thread/DEBUG] [NotEnoughItems/]: Unloading Player: Ultimaheart4
[12:24:53] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:25:17] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:25:45] [AromaBackup/INFO] [AromaBackup/AromaBackup]: Suspending Server Thread.
[12:25:45] [AromaBackup/INFO] [AromaBackup/AromaBackup]: Continuing Server Thread.
[12:26:47] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:27:32] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:28:21] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:29:02] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:29:47] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:30:32] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:31:17] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:32:02] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:32:03] [Netty IO #7/TRACE] [FML/]: $ClientHello->FMLHandshakeServerState$2:HELLO
[12:32:03] [Netty IO #7/INFO] [FML/]: Client protocol version 2

its from right before i get my "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

the client side is too large to post on here. :/

Last edited:

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
go to extreme hills biomes its easier to find regular tin ore in the hill areas. you want a clear open area. the reason i say that high is because there is less ore in competition.
I agree that IF tin spawns in the mountains that is tends to be easier to find, but I think this logic of looking for tin in the mountains needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Let's assume there is only air above y=64 in a particular area of the world, but there WOULD have been tin at y=80 IF mountains had spawned instead, then no tin spawns there at all. If you limit yourself to looking for tin in the mountains, you are missing all the tin that is below y=64. That is a third of the possible volume for tin to spawn in, and there are a lot more places that have land between 40 and 64 than land up to 120. I recommend treating tin just like any other ore. If you normally do 3x3 core samples to look for redstone, then do so for tin. You might have to do three times as many cores, but you will find tin. I have been playing this pack for a long time and have only ever found tin in the mountains once. All the rest was at or below sea level.

($0.02)
:)

T

turtle0574

I've mostly been finding my ores by digging branch mines at the levels that they spawn and so far I have found iron, copper, gold, coal and lignite from the tunnels that I've made. In one tunnel I was using my hammer to prospect and found a single side of a stone block that says "traces of tin". I've heard that the prospecting hammer has a range of 5x5x5 but I've dug 5 blocks in each direction and made a big room but still can't find the tin. No other stone blocks in the vicinity give a message. How does the prospecting work?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
well im not sure as to how to hide this?
Code:
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [yampst/yampst]: Dumping stats!
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:357]: [YAMPST] Data posted to YAMPST server follows:
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:358]: {mcversion=1.7.10, version=3.2.7, trackid=4a3cbc3191a7b0ff63bbe7232fc6a9c69acf486eb88f07767e884663, platform=server, install=0, launch=0, uptime=3600, yampstver=1.3.5}
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:371]: [YAMPST] Sending POST to YAMPST server
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:372]: [YAMPST] Response code : 500
[12:21:05] [Timer-0/INFO] [STDOUT/yampst]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager:post:387]: [YAMPST] post-failed;arc-failed
[12:21:32] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:22:17] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:23:02] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:23:47] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:24:14] [Server thread/DEBUG] [NotEnoughItems/]: Sending serverside check to: Ultimaheart4
[12:24:37] [Netty IO #5/ERROR] [FML/]: NetworkDispatcher exception
io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException
[12:24:37] [Server thread/DEBUG] [NotEnoughItems/]: Unloading Player: Ultimaheart4
[12:24:53] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:25:17] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:25:45] [AromaBackup/INFO] [AromaBackup/AromaBackup]: Suspending Server Thread.
[12:25:45] [AromaBackup/INFO] [AromaBackup/AromaBackup]: Continuing Server Thread.
[12:26:47] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:27:32] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:28:21] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:29:02] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:29:47] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:30:32] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:31:17] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:32:02] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[12:32:03] [Netty IO #7/TRACE] [FML/]: $ClientHello->FMLHandshakeServerState$2:HELLO
[12:32:03] [Netty IO #7/INFO] [FML/]: Client protocol version 2

its from right before i get my "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

the client side is too large to post on here. :/

Use paste.feed-the-beast.com/ to upload your log and paste the generated link of your log here. It will also enable you to avoid the annoying smileys in your paste or having to surround it with "code" tags. I've edited your quoted post to demonstrate how this works. There is a function on the editor to do this, and you can wrap that inside spoiler tags. There's a number of useful features the post editor on these forums has, please investigate and use those you can! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

N

Navarin

I agree that IF tin spawns in the mountains that is tends to be easier to find, but I think this logic of looking for tin in the mountains needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

-snip-

The reason I look for tin in extreme hills/redwood forest/other high biomes is (at the start a new world) I'm also looking for Thaumcraft chest altar things (that only spawn at high y-levels) and villages for metals/items that allow me to creatively jump around progression. There's also the bonus of covering chunks quickly as well as being able to scout out potential building sites, and also gathering minor things like different saplings for different types of wood as well as Pam's garden things for later food production.

I don't know which method is faster (and I could find tin faster if I wasn't scouting multiple things), but that's why I prefer to use exposed rock faces instead of core sampling. I generally have no issues finding tin within a reasonable (for me) time frame, and I also find some/all of tetrahedrite/iron/oilsands/gold along the way.

Texture pack is also worth considering. I can see tin on the side of a mountain from render distance, but some others have expressed an opinion that tin is hard to see.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Let's assume there is only air above y=64 in a particular area of the world, but there WOULD have been tin at y=80 IF mountains had spawned instead, then no tin spawns there at all. If you limit yourself to looking for tin in the mountains, you are missing all the tin that is below y=64. That is a third of the possible volume for tin to spawn in, and there are a lot more places that have land between 40 and 64 than land up to 120. I recommend treating tin just like any other ore. If you normally do 3x3 core samples to look for redstone, then do so for tin. You might have to do three times as many cores, but you will find tin. I have been playing this pack for a long time and have only ever found tin in the mountains once. All the rest was at or below sea level.

($0.02)
:)

Likewise, I don't play Amplified terraingen, because whilst it could amplify the vanilla biomes to increase the chance of tin spawning in Extreme Hills biomes, the sheer vertical drops from the transitions in amplified to ExtraBiuomesXL non-amplified are expensive to navigate! :D

I also seem to have the worst luck finding tin if I do find it in a mountain, as it will almost certainly require a L3 pick to mine! :D Regarding tin veins, I do wish there was another ore it could directly be derived from! :D

Does anyone know if there's a way to bump up the terraingen height limits for vanilla biomes? I seem to recall some mod in other modpacks could actually do this, so I'm wondering if this is still a thing in 1.7 vanilla terraingen.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
The reason I look for tin in extreme hills/redwood forest/other high biomes is (at the start a new world) I'm also looking for Thaumcraft chest altar things (that only spawn at high y-levels) and villages for metals/items that allow me to creatively jump around progression. There's also the bonus of covering chunks quickly as well as being able to scout out potential building sites, and also gathering minor things like different saplings for different types of wood as well as Pam's garden things for later food production.

I don't know which method is faster (and I could find tin faster if I wasn't scouting multiple things), but that's why I prefer to use exposed rock faces instead of core sampling. I generally have no issues finding tin within a reasonable (for me) time frame, and I also find some/all of tetrahedrite/iron/oilsands/gold along the way.

Texture pack is also worth considering. I can see tin on the side of a mountain from render distance, but some others have expressed an opinion that tin is hard to see.

A retextured resourcepack for the GregTech ores that appear in the vanilla stone generation would most definitely be worthwhile. It doesn't seem to be a problem finding it if it spawns in red/black granite. I usually look at WAILA so I'll see if there's a block that's not stone underneath me, but it would be nice to have properly retextured ores I could actually see! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Sprigum

Jul 29, 2019
Check the recipes, the hardest to get thing a HV motor/pump should is stainless steel. They're throughly an MV recipe, the use core does need HV machines, but none of the others should.

Forestry farms are definitely available before anything else though, only LV option except maybe stripes piles? Are those LV?

Okay, good to know - what the hell is a "stripes piles" ?

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Use paste.feed-the-beast.com/ to upload your log and paste the generated link of your log here. It will also enable you to avoid the annoying smileys in your paste or having to surround it with "code" tags. I've edited your quoted post to demonstrate how this works. There is a function on the editor to do this, and you can wrap that inside spoiler tags. There's a number of useful features the post editor on these forums has, please investigate and use those you can! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

i appreciate the help with the code things dont usually use sites like this. i usually use skype and that to talk to people for my server since its private and dont need a site for it.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Argh! I can see this method of mining is going to be rather slow and painful to use. Even digging shafts spacing them out at 3 chunks apart (that is to say, dig a hole, skip 2 chunks, then dig another hole), which seems to work to find different veins, it is going to eat through resources for picks and shovels at a rate I don't like. I've found Neodymium ore before I've found a tin vein! *sighs*

I really wish Jason would reconsider his nerfing of the miner from IC2, it would have been a useful method of finding ore veins. For singleplayer this is going to take ages and how do I even know I'm mining my holes anywhere near a tin vein anyway? This modpack would be easier to play if copper and tin actually spawned within the same vein, and by that I mean the type of copper/tin you can double in an AE2 grindstone or pulverize, not the small ores. Not likely, I know, but it just isn't worth digging shafts all over the place, my screen is filling up with Journeymap waypoints and the clutter is not easy to look at!

With this method I'm finding veins I can't even process until MV/HV era ages before I'll ever need any of it!

Jason is there anything you can change regarding the tin/cassiterite vein spawning so that it would at least be 1/3rd as common as copper and more likely to generate within a certain radius of the copper/tetrahedrite/stibnite veins? This mining method just isn't working as I would be halfway to LV era except for the fact that I'm stuck with finding ores I need for the Bronze Age!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, good to know - what the hell is a "stripes piles" ?
Autocorrect, meant to say pipes, not piles. They're basically a pipe based method of using items, pipe a safe ping through them and it'll place it, pipe an axe through and I think it'll use it. Suggest googling around.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
...it is going to eat through resources for picks and shovels at a rate I don't like. I've found Neodymium ore before I've found a tin vein! *sighs*

When I dig my shafts, I don't waste my precious metal resources digging through stone. That what a flint pick is for. Yes, it is a bit slower. But more speed costs more money, how fast do you wanna go?

...With this method I'm finding veins I can't even process until MV/HV era ages before I'll ever need any of it!

That is what Journeymap is for. Mark them now. Dig them when you need them.