[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is the longest I have ever spent in one pack/world. well done.

a couple questions:
do steam turbines consume steam constantly with nothing connected/running?
TC research, what do I need to look at to be able to research spirits/man/beast/things that move etc. Im at the point where I have (mostly) either already gotten the aspects off of something, or cant yet. or do I need to spend more time in the research table?

and a few annoying but not critical problems:

every so often one of my blast furnaces stops working. plenty of iron, charcoal, only interaction removing steel and ash, yet it completely stops mid-processing. happens more if I leave chunkload range.

similarly, my alloy smelter, while processing larger quantities of bronze, will start stalling out even with no other machines running, despite a full 5x4 iron tank of steam buffer. are the small bronze pipes (200/s) too small to fully supply the smelter?

finally, and this is a general MC issue, world holes (either 1 wide strips, or a massive area) that I have to exit the game to fix. probably nothing to be done as im already on lowish graphics settings, but I would appreciate any advice.

you really need larger pipes for the alloy smelter, even with a large buffer in the pipes, the pipes become the issue with steam sloshing around in them. use regular bronze pipes. thats what i use for all my steam pipes.

R

Rogash

i was wondering if gregtech has any mining tools that mine in a 3x3 area? or anything such as that?
The advanced drill is diasabled...however you can use the ichorium pickaxe from thaumcraft...the mining laser from ic2 has also an "explosion option"

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
ok im not certain i can help without knowing what you are making? or is it just crystallizing? anyways use an essentia reservoir that can act as a buffer and pull aspects from the alembics and hold onto them in between the centrifuge and the alembics.

I have a mob farm linked directly to an advanced furnace, which then pipes directly into 9x crystallizers. However, I am in need of some compound aspects, and I though I could set up some filtered essentia pipes along with a centrifuge to get them, however that freezes up the flow of essentia :(

Edit: It seems that in the pipe below the centrifuge constantly fills with primal essentia, is there any way to regulate the suction? I am pretty bad with the essentia system.

Last edited:

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mob farm linked directly to an advanced furnace, which then pipes directly into 9x crystallizers. However, I am in need of some compound aspects, and I though I could set up some filtered essentia pipes along with a centrifuge to get them, however that freezes up the flow of essentia :(

Edit: It seems that in the pipe below the centrifuge constantly fills with primal essentia, is there any way to regulate the suction? I am pretty bad with the essentia system.

use the essentia reservoir it should act as a buffer and have a lot more suction

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
ok i got a big question ive set up my boiler the way it tells me to in the book and the block itself and its not working anything that might be different?

nvm it seems to work after replacing the bottom layer of blocks... no idea what was wrong.

is there a way to auto turn off with redstone signal if a tank of steam is full? or does gregtech machines not work with redstone?

Last edited:
P

Pyromancer56

do you know of any pick that is fast? or would i have to wait for hv electric tools?
The Destruction Pickaxe when made with Mobius Ingots gets efficiency X on it and is indestructible. As for a tool that mines in a 3x3 the Primordial Warhammer can do that.

The advanced drill is diasabled...however you can use the ichorium pickaxe from thaumcraft...the mining laser from ic2 has also an "explosion option"
KAMI isn't enabled last I checked.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

Buffers are what you're missing I think. Check here for a great reference on automating essentia without AE2: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/327a78/automated_essentia_distribution_and_the/

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
i was wondering if gregtech has any mining tools that mine in a 3x3 area? or anything such as that?
The only true 3x3 pickaxe is the primordial warhammer from Witching Gadgets (thaumcraft). Making this requires multiple trips to the Eldritch Lands.

GT drills are pretty quick and you can make an iridium tip from chest loot at LV stage.

Upgraded Dark Steel pickaxes from EnderIO are quite nice also.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
The only true 3x3 pickaxe is the primordial warhammer from Witching Gadgets (thaumcraft). Making this requires multiple trips to the Eldritch Lands.

GT drills are pretty quick and you can make an iridium tip from chest loot at LV stage.

Upgraded Dark Steel pickaxes from EnderIO are quite nice also.

yeah but autoclave to make the crystals... lol i got lots of iridium from veins. i just dont like the idea of powered tools breaking and taking power. but hey its gregtech xD

P

Pyromancer56

yeah but autoclave to make the crystals... lol i got lots of iridium from veins. i just dont like the idea of powered tools breaking and taking power. but hey its gregtech xD
Drills can be put in a LV disassembler and give you most of the parts back, including the drill tip. Of course getting everything back from an LV disassembler isn't guaranteed and is a slow process that takes a lot of energy based on the item you are taking apart. Higher tier disassemblers have greater efficiency.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Drills can be put in a LV disassembler and give you most of the parts back, including the drill tip. Of course getting everything back from an LV disassembler isn't guaranteed and is a slow process that takes a lot of energy based on the item you are taking apart. Higher tier disassemblers have greater efficiency.

well i still have the question of is the drill durability actual? or is it like the pick/regular tool version. using more then 1 of the durability?

P

Pyromancer56

Irradiated Combs have a centrifuge recipe but don't produce anything. I don't imagine that is intended.

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
@Joel Falk however seeing as MauveCloud linked me to the code which apparently has a slightly different way of calculating optimal flow, I may not be correct all the time.

Using helium plasma and small fluxed electrum turbine,

My calculation:
Optimal flow = 32,000EU/t / 4,096EU/L = 7.8125L/t which is rounded up to 8L/t.

Code calculation:
Optimal flow = (32,000EU/t + 4,096EU/L - 1) / 4,096 EU/L = 8.81L/t which is rounded down to 8L/t.

From the way both methods work my optimal flow will always be pretty much 1L/t lower than the code's. However, I do not know whether I should always round up as the code rounds down, or whether I do not need to. Unfortunately I can't verify anything these few days.

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

ok i got a big question ive set up my boiler the way it tells me to in the book and the block itself and its not working anything that might be different?

nvm it seems to work after replacing the bottom layer of blocks... no idea what was wrong.

is there a way to auto turn off with redstone signal if a tank of steam is full? or does gregtech machines not work with redstone?

one more thing the steam boilers from gregtech. can they be auto shut off with redstone?
GT has something called covers that lets you use redstone in many different ways. One cover deals with liquid amount being represented by a redstone signal and there is a "machine controller" cover that lets you use redstone to control if a machine with this cover will turn on or off. On multiblocks the machine controller must be on the control-block. I'm pretty sure there is a quest in the book regarding covers and such.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Buffers are what you're missing I think. Check here for a great reference on automating essentia without AE2: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/327a78/automated_essentia_distribution_and_the/

Cheers, I put up a few buffers and now essentia occasionally goes into the centrifuge :D , need that vacuos + tenebrae from the alienis.

Anyways, it's time to build a new railway station. Aesthetics aside, any ideas on what to do? I generally try to do some kind of queue system with different processing lanes for ores, oil, other items etc. Sadly it ends up being a cube probably but oh well.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Cheers, I put up a few buffers and now essentia occasionally goes into the centrifuge :D , need that vacuos + tenebrae from the alienis.

Anyways, it's time to build a new railway station. Aesthetics aside, any ideas on what to do? I generally try to do some kind of queue system with different processing lanes for ores, oil, other items etc. Sadly it ends up being a cube probably but oh well.
I generally get my vacuos from wooden bowls, but I guess alienis is pretty easy to get if you have a good enderman farm.