[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain this to me exactly? I don't really understand what this changes.
Just like clay bees required clay blocks underneath the apiary to breed you now require a block of the resource for all the GT comb bees to breed them, also that block has to be nearby for them to function until you breed out the flowers trait.
Farewell OP LPG, I barely knew thee.
It's still a good fuel source, just several times better than any alternative.

H

Herrminator1994

Just like clay bees required clay blocks underneath the apiary to breed you now require a block of the resource for all the GT comb bees to breed them, also that block has to be nearby for them to function until you breed out the flowers trait.

It's still a good fuel source, just several times better than any alternative.
Before IIRC a bucket of LPG burned as long as 52 blocks of coal.

P

Pyromancer56

So after messing around with mana bean farms most of this patch and dealing with the issues regarding order upgraded harvest golems I decided to finally bite the bullet and make some Use Core golems.
Harvest golems with order upgrade mix crops over a wide range that doesn't even require physical access. In the case of mana beans you need to separate different mana bean types by more than 8 blocks in order to prevent the order-upgraded harvest golems from jumbling everything up. Arcane warding blocks don't help, preventing physical access to the blocks doesn't help. This is just one of the messed up things about thaumcraft that isn't changing.

With mana beans use golems are a challenge too because the use core can only plant mana beans on the logs above it, yet golems aren't tall enough to reach a log that is 2 blocks above it. I've tested trying to get the use golem to plant on a log below it, but that doesn't work at all.

So basically, the only way to get use golems to plant mana beans is to have only a 1 height gap between the floor and the planting log. If you do that, then there's not enough space for a player to walk through and use a golemancer's bell to assign the logs to plant on.

Fun stuff.
My mana bean farms are 7 blocks apart and have no issues with beans cross-contaminating. An extremely handy thing when it comes to a mana bean farm is that golems can harvest and replant the beans from above the logs.
2016-04-30_22.53.52.png
2016-04-30_22.56.53.png
The warded blocks are to prevent the golem from trying to run off the top and get them from below. This allows me to have the beans with 2 blocks of space under them to allow me to walk underneath and change the beans out easily if needed.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
My mana bean farms are 7 blocks apart and have no issues with beans cross-contaminating. An extremely handy thing when it comes to a mana bean farm is that golems can harvest and replant the beans from above the logs.
View attachment 27215
View attachment 27216
The warded blocks are to prevent the golem from trying to run off the top and get them from below. This allows me to have the beans with 2 blocks of space under them to allow me to walk underneath and change the beans out easily if needed.
That's a cool looking farm. The problem for me is that your design only has 2 types of mana beans that can grow at one time. I'm trying to produce at least 9 types of mana beans regularly. Of course your deal can scale, but it requires a lot of dead space between the growing pads :(

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
anyone know a good way to autocraft pams harvestcraft butter and edible salt?

Other than a significant amount of messing around with Logistics Pipes early-game and power options for it, I don't know of much off the top of my head. Later on once you get advanced enough for it, you might try AE2 autocrafting, but that will require a significant investment into GregTech machines and resources. :D

Even getting into most of Logistics Pipes will require some GregTech infrastructure, as a lot of the better pipes are not available unless you have access to circuits which of course requires more GregTech infrastructure. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Garthor

Jul 29, 2019
My loot bags appear to be stuck generating the exact same results every time, ie: 27 copper ingots and 32 tin ingots out of every T1 material bag, 8 motors 8 pumps out of every T1 component bag. Started at an arbitrary time, it got un-stuck at some point for a short time (got some pumps and robot arms) but then went back to the same results. Persisted through update to 3.2.5.1.

Incidentally, if you can rely on getting 27 copper + 32 tin out of the t1 material bags that means the repeatable quest to turn in 5 blocks of bronze is an infinite source of tin and copper ingots (by spending the credits on more copper).

Last edited:

AlecZ

Jul 29, 2019
Hey pals I have a quick question. So I'm trying to use an IC2 semifluid generator to get some greg power from my excess creosote oil. Problem is I can't figure out how to output the power from the semi-gen to my battery buffer. I've tried a semi-gen>gregtech transformer>bat buffer - no luck. I've also tried semi-gen>ic2 transformer>greg transformer>battery buffer - no luck. I just want a way to use my creosote oil to get a little more power. If I should be using a different setup or I'm simply doing it wrong any insight would be greatly appreciated.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Modpack hotfix v3.2.5.1

- Fixes Dim Transceiver craftability

Sorry about that.

Jason: Update on the Endercore.cfg problem setting. I still don't see an option to change the fireworks option to false from within the game. As i said before, I tire of having to run your modpack twice, but I can and will turn this option off manually forever, it just is maddening having to do it over and over again every time any update to your pack comes out. I'm not going to say much further on this but know this, I do not want fireworks in my game for achievements.

Note to Pyure: I do not see this option as being critical to modded Minecraft gameplay at all. It's just an annoyance factor to me.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason: Update on the Endercore.cfg problem setting. I still don't see an option to change the fireworks option to false from within the game. As i said before, I tire of having to run your modpack twice, but I can and will turn this option off manually forever, it just is maddening having to do it over and over again every time any update to your pack comes out. I'm not going to say much further on this but know this, I do not want fireworks in my game for achievements.

Note to Pyure: I do not see this option as being critical to modded Minecraft gameplay at all. It's just an annoyance factor to me.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Go to menu > Mod Options (Or mods, i dont remember how it is called) > Find EnderCore > look for Better Achievements > Set it to false > Click Done, Ok, next, done, etc

D

Daur

I have an ore processing setup going using 4 Processing Arrays with 8192 energy hatches. This should be able to run 16x 512 machines in each one if I am right. So I have 8 macerators to put ore in to start, 16 ore wash, 16 thermal centrifuge, then 16 macerators to finish, that should be processing an ore properly. However this doesn't work as the processing array with the Thermal Centrifuges is taking 2x as long as it should be to run its process, so the process hangs at that point. If I run a stack of crushed ore in a standalone ore washing, and a stack of purified ore in a standalone thermal centrifuge they both finish at the same time. I feel there is some kind of bug with the thermal centrifuges being in a processing array.

Clarion of Loss

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know a good way to autocraft pams harvestcraft butter and edible salt?
I'm doing it with Golems and Automagy's crafting table. Water and milk collect in thirsty tanks, which a pair of usecore golems bucket into golem crafting tables. An ordered emptycore golem can craft the bucket into fresh water, then turn around and make salt in the same crafting table. Does anyone know if I can get a usecore golem with a bucket to balance it's time between the milk tank and the water tank? it would save me three golems I think.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my game. I've built up to tungstensteel, and I think I could either have a go at the Enderdragon or head into the Thaumcraft outer lands. I've beat the vanilla enderdragon before with arrows, but I'm a bit nervous about HEE, as I have no experience with it. My armor is Thaumium Fortress, although I usually keep the chest swapped for the EnderIO chest and its' glider. My main weapon is a Cursed Spirit's blade which does 19.5 dmg, but I also favor a potency IV chain lightning focus and "The Ender", also from EnderIO, which doe 13 dmg. I figure with this getup, I could easily gank the vanilla enderdragon, using the uprising focus to get up to column level and gliding around zapping crystals, and not be in much danger, but with HEE, I dunno. I could hit the dragon, hit the outer lands, or keep grinding my gregware into Galacticraft. What do you guys think I should do?

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
Also i noticed from your calculations that i have most likely calculated wrong in my document the amount of hydrogen needed for the cracking unit. Can you confirm than you need 0.5x the amount of heavy fuel you crack? If that is the case i will update the setup asap

Also VERY nice overview. I think it is sorely needed for setups of that complexity which is not properly shown in an excel sheet. Would it be okay if i added a printscreen of that to the google docs sheet?

yes, the hydrogen usage in the oil cracker is definitely 50% of the heavy fuel. On the printscreen - absolutely no problem.

P

Pyromancer56

That's a cool looking farm. The problem for me is that your design only has 2 types of mana beans that can grow at one time. I'm trying to produce at least 9 types of mana beans regularly. Of course your deal can scale, but it requires a lot of dead space between the growing pads :(
I have 4 types growing at the moment, the picture only shows half of the room. It's possible that you could move them closer than 7, I just made my farms the size they are to go along with the layout of the building. I don't recall what my initial layout was, but I'm pretty sure it needs more than 4 blocks of space. If I ever decide to have more types growing then the plan would be to repeat the layout on the floor below as needed. Essentially a tower of mana bean farms.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my game. I've built up to tungstensteel, and I think I could either have a go at the Enderdragon or head into the Thaumcraft outer lands. I've beat the vanilla enderdragon before with arrows, but I'm a bit nervous about HEE, as I have no experience with it. My armor is Thaumium Fortress, although I usually keep the chest swapped for the EnderIO chest and its' glider. My main weapon is a Cursed Spirit's blade which does 19.5 dmg, but I also favor a potency IV chain lightning focus and "The Ender", also from EnderIO, which doe 13 dmg. I figure with this getup, I could easily gank the vanilla enderdragon, using the uprising focus to get up to column level and gliding around zapping crystals, and not be in much danger, but with HEE, I dunno. I could hit the dragon, hit the outer lands, or keep grinding my gregware into Galacticraft. What do you guys think I should do?
You would probably have an easier time with the Ender Dragon at this point then you would one of the Outer Lands bosses. I'd suggest working towards an Osmotic Enchanter if you don't already have one and use a Bow of Bone with all of the bow enchants to fight the dragon. Just be aware that the dragon will potentially summon bats (he uses his moves pretty randomly) that can swarm you and will heal itself for they damage they do. I would also suggest a Talisman of Remedium to cleanse any status ailments. I know the dragon can inflict blind and burn you. It will also be useful in the Outer Lands till you can get your first piece of Primordial armor. I would suggest the boots since they are a direct upgrade of the Boots of the Traveler.

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
yes, the hydrogen usage in the oil cracker is definitely 50% of the heavy fuel. On the printscreen - absolutely no problem.

Perfect, will fix it tonight. Should increase the performance of the heavy oil setup a fair bit

I took a small break from tech based stuff and started on bees with the magic bees addon. I have to say its a crazy timesink to work with bees even with the necrotic frames, metabolizing frames and gentle frames. There is also a substantial amount of investment before things actually start to pay off. Currently i think im gonna try and get imperial and industrius bees so i can get into gendustri so i can further increase speed of breeding bees. Then i just need to figure out what bees i should breed to actually produce something :)

Im currently using regular apiaries, is there a lot to gain to breed the bees you need to make the magic apiaris? I can already make the node vis boost to them so if it gives a significant bonus i might go for breeding those bees. Would be nice to know if they can be competitive with gendustri apiaries.

Also does anyone have any good advice on how to get a lot of honey dropps early on. Breeding new varieties consumes the little ones i have extremly quickly. Just set up a basic comb farm with ressiliant frames with one of the basic bees maybe or is there a better way?

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Im currently using regular apiaries, is there a lot to gain to breed the bees you need to make the magic apiaris? I can already make the node vis boost to them so if it gives a significant bonus i might go for breeding those bees. Would be nice to know if they can be competitive with gendustri apiaries.

Also does anyone have any good advice on how to get a lot of honey dropps early on. Breeding new varieties consumes the little ones i have extremly quickly. Just set up a basic comb farm with ressiliant frames with one of the basic bees maybe or is there a better way?

Magic apiaries and the vis booster are pretty much worthless. You can't automate the magic apiary at all (unless logistic pipes works) and it's buggy. EnderIO conduit work for every other type of bee housing (as do LP and BC pipes).

As soon as you get industrial and imperial bees make at least 2 alvearies. You need a LOT of royal jelly to do mutagen. A LOT. Alvearies produce way more product and combs without having to insert frames. I'd absolutely say that they are worth it. After you have a couple Alvearies, and you have enough extra power, then i'd go with industrial apiaries from gendustry.

Also remember with bees that you can scale out. Make an apiarist's backpack and collect every bee hive you can find. Once you get a pure bee you can create a stack of drones with 3 necrotic frames. Then just take out the queen and plop in a basic princess (forest, meadows, etc) and let the princess assume the traits of the stack of drones. Apiaries are pretty cheap, and running 4 of them with enderio conduits and a chest for product makes decent combs, even without frames.