[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

K

Kiama

I'm in 3.2.3.1 I believe, its not an issue there. I haven't migrated yet because the blue power thing is a pain in the ass.
I am using the same version and it is happening for me. Are you saying you think it isn't an issue or you just tested it and you can't turn specifically iron into wrought iron and vice versa with a barrel? And is there anyone using 3.2.4 who can check if it is 'fixed' (assuming it isn't somehow just me that it happens for) there?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Recalculated the nitro diesel line with a centrifuge and added all the changes to processing of oil. Heavy oil is now WAY better than oil. Moreover now the second cracking unit and second distillation tower is MUCH better than before.

Also with the changes made now hydrogen is way better than steam in the cracking unit

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
I usually set up a nitro-desel refining bay before going to mv+ tier, since that fuel is really concentrated power. I'm guessing you have fluid extractor-into->assembler set up for making cheaper circuits with soldering alloy? Making a bread mixer is also helpful for progressing into 5+ foods... If you havn't gotten yourself soybeans already you should, and invest in atleast one Pam's Presser... Getting a paper machine setup is also useful before MV.
What processing lines do you already have set up?

I'm have 2 macerators, 1 ore washing, thermal centrifuge, electrolyser and centrifuge
I can't reduce the cost of circuits with the assembler as I need polyethylene for that but I think I got everything I need to craft it
I don't really want to make nitro diesel as I'm going to use "green power" (because I really like crops, I don't care about carbon emission :p)
and for the mixer it looks like the recipes takes 256eu/t is it the one you talk about?

seeing what you suggest I should create a processing line for poylethylene and a chemical bath for paper?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that I can skip cooking my iron into wrought iron by placing iron in a barrel that has wrought iron, either a problem with the way oredicts were assigned or the way unification works. But not really an issue as I am just being careful not to do that.

EDIT: Sorry forgot I wasn't using the latest version, this might be fixed in 3.2.4

Its not a problem in later versions for sure.

I am using the same version and it is happening for me. Are you saying you think it isn't an issue or you just tested it and you can't turn specifically iron into wrought iron and vice versa with a barrel? And is there anyone using 3.2.4 who can check if it is 'fixed' (assuming it isn't somehow just me that it happens for) there?

This definitely should have been fixed way way back... Maybe I missed something with it... checking right now

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I'm have 2 macerators, 1 ore washing, thermal centrifuge, electrolyser and centrifuge
I can't reduce the cost of circuits with the assembler as I need polyethylene for that but I think I got everything I need to craft it
I don't really want to make nitro diesel as I'm going to use "green power" (because I really like crops, I don't care about carbon emission :p)
and for the mixer it looks like the recipes takes 256eu/t is it the one you talk about?

seeing what you suggest I should create a processing line for poylethylene and a chemical bath for paper?
NAND chips can be made pre-plastic with soldering alloy in the assembler, that was what I referred to.
Green power, going Ethanol/BioGas/Methane or Wood-into->Oil?
Ah, the mixer recipe is fixed in 3.2.4 :)
Chem bath for paper is good, especially if you use red alloy cables for early circuits(instead of copper cables, the expensive rubber recipe is expensive).
Getting a machine line for cheaper rubber production, aka cable insulation, is good.

I hope you aren't using that thermal centrifuge a lot, it's a power hog and most of the processes it can do can be done cheaper in other machine configurations.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban
S

Sven "flamestrider"

ugh, they rebalanced and changed the output positions on the distillation tower, took me over an hour to sort out :( Now its big mess of pipes after i managed to retrofit it :p

Also gonna have to recalculate a fair bit in the google docs :(

At least the wood-Heavy oil is working just fine now :) Now i just need to get started on the biogas production

http://prntscr.com/asybm1
I looked into Nitrogen a bit more, If you use a Vacuum Freezer to make liquid air and then refine that in a centrifuge you get a lot more "bonus" output in the form of 11'000L Oxygen, 1'000L Argon, and 1'000L Noble Gases, per freezer cycle. it's only slightly more expensive than the "raw" air in the centrifuge version (with vacuum freezer it's 326EU with only centrifuge it's 269EU) for the nitrodiesel processing line... and you don't lose any significant time either, So it's a way to combine more resource gain for a tiny bit of extra cost once you can make a vacuum freezer.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
NAND chips can be made pre-plastic with soldering alloy in the assembler, that was what I referred to.
Green power, going Ethanol/BioGas/Methane or Wood-into->Oil?
Ah, the mixer recipe is fixed in 3.2.4 :)
Chem bath for paper is good, especially if you use red alloy cables for early circuits(instead of copper cables, the expensive rubber recipe is expensive).
Getting a machine line for cheaper rubber production, aka cable insulation, is good.

I hope you aren't using that thermal centrifuge a lot, it's a power hog and most of the processes it can do can be done cheaper in other machine configurations.

I am going for methane/biogas, no wood farm for me :)

about the circuits, I need NAND chips and basic circuit board, the circuit board require plastic and silicon + a precision engraver and the NAND chip takes the same amount of red alloy wire without plastic, I only save a bit of tin but I got tons so it's not a big issue. I do have a chem reactor for the rubber (save a lot on sulfur) so I use the assembler for that.

is there a place where I can check power consumption of machines that takes the ic2 NEI entry while still using GT energy? I'm thinking about the ore washer and said thermal centrifuge.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
LXyb3LI.png

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Well Joel, that's quite the boost in power output / tick :)

The new heavy oil is pretty insane. I also recalculated and now it is well worth it to use hydrogen in the cracker rather than steam. Only thing now is that you need 4 distilation towers to keep up with the first one on the cracked heavy fuel. However i think it should be almost perfect with 2 pyrolyze ovens producing heavy oil :)

With this i would say that it is extremly viable to make oil with a tree farm, im so happy :D

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Bee question:
If I'm trying to combine a Majestic/Noble with a Majestic/Noble to attempt to make a Majestic Bee, does this require a "mutation"?
My understanding is that a mutation is just went a create a new species (entirely new name) rather than a hybrid.

In this case, I would want to remove my metabolic frames and just rock 3 necrotics, or even 2 necrotics and a Gentle to reduce mutation chance...right?

How I do it is I use 1 necrotic + 2 metabolic for mutation, and 1 necrotic + 2 gentle if I do NOT want a mutation. I'd use the second set for the case you mentioned, to lower chance of getting Imperial trait on the bee.

Reactions: Pyure

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
The treefarm i made is completly bonkers

http://prntscr.com/at3waw

8 lamps of growth currently and its so fast i had to put in max speed uppgrades on the item conduit so it takes one stack at the time. I tried running it for a bit with a shear and i got something like 1 stack of leaves per second with items flying all over the place. It easily keeps upp with the two pyrolyze ovens i have to produce oil. Craziest tree farm ive ever made times a lot :p It currently runs on 1 MV diesel generator but once i start producing biogas i will run it of the large turbine which will also power the pyrolyze ovens

A funny little sidething is that ive started making diamonds from the tree production as well. You get 1 small pile of hydrated coal dust for every 100 cracked heavy oil. This quickly adds upp to a lot so ive started to convert them into diamonds with a bit of flint and obsidian :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In my case, I'm saying I tested it and confirmed on my side that I couldn't replicate the issue. That said, there may be a version of the nugget that i'm not trying.

How I do it is I use 1 necrotic + 2 metabolic for mutation, and 1 necrotic + 2 gentle if I do NOT want a mutation. I'd use the second set for the case you mentioned, to lower chance of getting Imperial trait on the bee.
Thanks. I think my confusion arises from what constitutes a "mutation".

Queen (Common/Noble) + Noble/Noble => Noble. Is this a mutation?
Queen (Common/Meadows + Common/Cultivated) => Cultivated. Is this a mutation?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Version 3.2.4
Question: The "[GUIDE] GT Ore Generation" book says that a Nickle vein secondary layer (bottom of the mix) has 2 layer of Nickle. The vein i struck has the bottom 3 layer as Nickle.

- Is that a change on the Infitech side?
- Is it a Gregtech change where the book was not updated?
- Simply a glitch perhaps?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Version 3.2.4
Question: The "[GUIDE] GT Ore Generation" book says that a Nickle vein secondary layer (bottom of the mix) has 2 layer of Nickle. The vein i struck has the bottom 3 layer as Nickle.

- Is that a change on the Infitech side?
- Is it a Gregtech change where the book was not updated?
- Simply a glitch perhaps?

Thanks in advance
There is nothing in the book talking about number of layers.

Nickel - Name of the Mix
Height(Y): 10 - 40 - Y Level where the ore can spawn
Mining tool level: 2 - What tool level is needed to mine the Main ore of the mix
Dimensions: OW, N, E, EA, MN, MS, AS - In which dimensions the mix vein can spawn
Primary: Garnierite (3) - Top layer ore; (x) = Mining level needed
Secondary: Nickel (2) - Bottom layer ore; (x) = Mining level needed
Inbetween: Cobaltite (1) - Scatered ore between single ores; (x) = Mining level needed
Around: Pentlandite (2) - On the outside of the vein; (x) = Mining level needed

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with my crops, I have "metal crops" that looks like ferru/aurelia but I can't make them mature, I tried with iron block, gold block, silver block and lead block, what next?

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, the patches are awesome. All the new multi block machines, thanks a lot for that.
Also, I started playing in hardcore questing mode where you start out with only three lifes.
Is it recommended to do that and how can I get more than those three lifes?
Last, the nerf to fruit juice (in Ethanol production line) was a bit too much I think.
I feel like it makes it too appealing to use water for Biomass instead of fruit juice.
Anyways, thanks for the whole patch, especially the quest book is amazing.

K

Kiama

@Kiama Can you show me screeshot of how are you doing that? I am unable to do that. I havent touched it in between the 3.2.3.1 and 3.2.4....

In my case, I'm saying I tested it and confirmed on my side that I couldn't replicate the issue. That said, there may be a version of the nugget that i'm not trying.

I was talking about ingots, not nuggets, but I just tested nuggets and that is happening too. Anyway I recorded switching ingots on 3.2.3.1. Not sure why this is only happening to me.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
There is nothing in the book talking about number of layers.

Nickel - Name of the Mix
Height(Y): 10 - 40 - Y Level where the ore can spawn
Mining tool level: 2 - What tool level is needed to mine the Main ore of the mix
Dimensions: OW, N, E, EA, MN, MS, AS - In which dimensions the mix vein can spawn
Primary: Garnierite (3) - Top layer ore; (x) = Mining level needed
Secondary: Nickel (2) - Bottom layer ore; (x) = Mining level needed
Inbetween: Cobaltite (1) - Scatered ore between single ores; (x) = Mining level needed
Around: Pentlandite (2) - On the outside of the vein; (x) = Mining level needed
Oh. Always figured the number in brackets were the numebr of layers :p