[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
That warp drive thing seems interessting, could be a realy fun endgame thing. Strange i never saw it implemented anywhere...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Bee question:
If I'm trying to combine a Majestic/Noble with a Majestic/Noble to attempt to make a Majestic Bee, does this require a "mutation"?
My understanding is that a mutation is just went a create a new species (entirely new name) rather than a hybrid.

In this case, I would want to remove my metabolic frames and just rock 3 necrotics, or even 2 necrotics and a Gentle to reduce mutation chance...right?

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
What do you do to get these plants? I don't see anything with "tina" or "coppon" in the name, only "Cyprium" (Copper) or "Tine" (Tin) when I look in the brown colored bags with a seed on them in the tab labelled "IC2 Crop Breeding" on looking through NEI.

I do know one thing, though, I'm staying well away from the "Eating Plant Seeds" as I do heed warnings like that! :D I wonder if that particular plant likes eating hostile mobs or just passive mobs? :D Doe it also eat mob drops or would I be able to use it as a grinding option?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I'm not sure why it's not showing up for you. I'm playing on the "recommended" version. I did say "tine", not "tina"; so that seems to appear correctly for you. I do see the cyprium you're talking about, but there's also the coppon I was talking about too.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Biogas inquiry:
People have been churning out lots of numbers on biogas vs ethanol etc. Any final word on what route is preferred for LV?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Bee question:
If I'm trying to combine a Majestic/Noble with a Majestic/Noble to attempt to make a Majestic Bee, does this require a "mutation"?
My understanding is that a mutation is just went a create a new species (entirely new name) rather than a hybrid.

In this case, I would want to remove my metabolic frames and just rock 3 necrotics, or even 2 necrotics and a Gentle to reduce mutation chance...right?

If you really want to know - and get - what mutations are possible from a bee, you want to get the Advanced Mutatron which unfortunately is not in this pack right now. But if Jason would add it, you could simply pick your desired bee mutation from the available ones. *sighs* I really wish I could help more, but my YouTube encyclopedia keeps getting in the way of what's actually available! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Bee question:

Keep in mind that I'm a complete nrwb in forestry when reading this, but to my understanding mutation is change of species. So you want to have your mutation chance as low as possible to get x/x bees out of x/y's.

Reactions: Pyure

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
Biogas inquiry:
People have been churning out lots of numbers on biogas vs ethanol etc. Any final word on what route is preferred for LV?
edit:derp, you said ethanol not methane sorry x)

I get something like 4times more eu with biogas just using the fluid/canning machien (so 1-1 ratio with bio chaff/industrial biomass) but it requires 650000eu to process the 32buckets of biogas in total, you need more ressources to makes the machines so it may be a factor for LV, methane is pretty simple centrifuge => turbine + methane is more "dense" so it takes less space to store (less ressources again) I would say start methane and switch to biogas once you can build a pyrolyse oven and a distillation tower (and have enough production to keep them going) you get 1/5 more biogas with the pyrolyse and the distilation tower cost a little less (+gives you 5 fertiliser ber biochaff)

I'm not 100% sure about my numbers (I never am) so i'd like some insight too

btw is quartzite biome dependant? I can't find any on the map :( no lithium as well

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks nouille_07. Quartzite is not biome dependant: I see it all the time. You tend to find it frequently on the surface near ravines and rivers and such (essentially anywhere low-Y with exposed rock)

Lithium is mostly a salts byproduct, which you'll also find near the surface.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks nouille_07. Quartzite is not biome dependant: I see it all the time. You tend to find it frequently on the surface near ravines and rivers and such (essentially anywhere low-Y with exposed rock)

I thought I was lucky enough spawning near a HUGE extreme hills biome but the time spent looking for tin was still too long and I now have a big place with high elevation.. damn! what can I do to scan the ore bellow ground? I really don't like digging holes to check every few chunks.

for the ethanol part if you are talking about the forestry one I quickly checked the numbers and I think it depends what you are using, it may be better than biogas if you use high sapiness saplings but if you use ic² crops I would say biogas still win. or methane first as I explained above for the question you didn't asked :D )

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

You'll also find it in tungsten veins as a raw ore, but those are very rare ... i have to say that this is the first time ive had lithium batteries before i built an ore washing plant :p
It's just a shame that i have problems with fuel for boilers this time around, i've resorted to burning lignite coal (which its been buffed between 3.1 and 3.2, so its not as terrible as before) still trying to pool enough resources for a fuel line (i wonder if you can use oil sand to run an lv fuel distillery? or is it one of those things thats put in to confuse the crap out of you?)

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
You'll also find it in tungsten veins as a raw ore, but those are very rare ... i have to say that this is the first time ive had lithium batteries before i built an ore washing plant :p
tbh in 2 playthroughs I was finding Lithium/Tungsten veins in the middle of steam age. this time, however, I'm out of luck.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
I found a thorium one and a pitchblende one (I think there is uranium in there right?) which I assume is pretty valuable :D but I may end up with sodium batteries, should be good enough for LV era.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sodium batteries are fine for almost every application. You don't need to "store" power in batteries so much as "buffer" it, and any battery will do.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Sodium batteries are fine for almost every application. You don't need to "store" power in batteries so much as "buffer" it, and any battery will do.
I found its nice to have a nice big backup, just incase i fuck something up lol - i'm good at that !

F

FutureCode

IIRC you can craft soldering irons only with lithium batteries. That means the only way to get a "Running Perfectly" EBF before the first aluminium is to extract some lithium from salt veins or tungstate veins.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You can make ethanol in the distillation tower however the numbers are very poor. Very low output so i think it needs a bit of a buff to be viable.
I just did a brief look at the numbers and mine didn't seem too bad.

I took 10 fir saplings and converted them to (2500) biomass for 19239eu (Forestry Fermenter)
I then converted that biomass to (~744) ethanol for 23552eu (GT Distillery) (some loss due to trace amounts remaining)
This cost me 42791eu total. I did not include the cost of "fertilizer" or "compost" for fermentation because there's a lot of options, they're mostly dirt cheap or essentially free.

i then tossed that into the following:
a) A gt diesel generator, got 76416 eu
b) A enderio combustion generator, got 327000RF = 81750eu (requires conversion, or use for RF consumers)
c) It should apparently generate 355556 mb of steam in a Railcraft 36LP Boiler. This can be converted into power a dozen ways, but with a Large GT Boiler I believe the average return is to just divide steam by two, for 178k eu.

For Biogas, I spent 660,000eu to convert 4 saplings to plantballs to chaff to biomass to biogas, and it hypothetically generates 1,024,000 EU, but only if you get 100% power (32k eu /bucket) from a gas turbine, which you don't. You actually get 27744 eu/bucket, for 887808 total eu.

For what its worth, you can get around 99% efficiency from that bucket if you use the IC2 Fluid Heat Generator -> Stirling Generator setup.

Which is still a slightly worse cost/output ratio, and a somewhat silly amount of power generated from 4 saplings.

Unless I missed something, the Ethanol route is superior in terms of energy-output, but vastly inferior in terms of saplings->power. The Ethanol route is also way more flexible. I couldn't find any other machines that would work with the IC2 Biomass (The liquid fueled heater thingy probably works edit: confirmed it works above.). If you have no means of getting fermentables, go Biogas, but otherwise do Ethanol.

Last edited:
Reactions: FutureCode

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I noticed that disabled nets. How, then, to produce bees from hives?
I believe you mean scoops? Only forestry scoops are disabled (and technically just the recipes, you can still find them in villages)

You can still make a scoop using a GT recipe you'll find in NEI.

Reactions: Bob558

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the GT scoops are kinda stupid, they've got the same durability system as all the other GT tools so they'll last something like 20x longer than a normal scoop would iirc.