[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
K

Kiama

I am only just now getting into crops... do I need to keep the metal block underneath after the plant appears?

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
I am only just now getting into crops... do I need to keep the metal block underneath after the plant appears?

Yes, that is right

Attachments

• 2016-04-15_07.10.26.png
    2016-04-15_07.10.26.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 76

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
which is nice considering it takes 20x longer to make (jk)
I didn't used trees but potatoes for the biochaff the other day and I found a gain of aproximately 185000 in the buffer next to the turbine (so with the losses) after cutting the cost of running the machines, you can increase this with the pyrolyse oven but the railcraft boiler seems easier to set up (if you can keep him running non stop) if using the diesel generator it's half as good for power/sappling.

what does matter the most? power output or power/sappling ? as modded minecraft goes, you can always put more turbines to reach the ethanol power output with 2 times less sappling right? biogas poor density is also better than steam so if you go the boiler route you lose a bit of density (as you have to keep the boiler running and store the steam).

can you try the numbers with high sapiness saplings with honey or fruit juice? this might be the deal breaker here.

for me it will be methane then biogas, I used ethanol too much and I prefer using the gregtech way! :p

the route in NEI is fir sappling in compressor gives plantball in macerator gives bio chaff in fluid canning machines givees industrial biomass (but go to the pyrolyse oven to click on the liquid industrial biomass) then distillery to biogas then click the biogas cell to see the fuel value.

K

Kiama

I am following the quest book and am currently on Water from the Sky. I have bound the quest to a QDS block like the quest says and piped in at least 8,000 water and tried to click 'manually submit' but still nothing is happening. According to the quest I should only need 2,000 water. What could I be doing wrong?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I am following the quest book and am currently on Water from the Sky. I have bound the quest to a QDS block like the quest says and piped in at least 8,000 water and tried to click 'manually submit' but still nothing is happening. According to the quest I should only need 2,000 water. What could I be doing wrong?
That fix still not in?

Anyway that's a known issue that should be fixed whenever we get an update hopefully, the bug is it's looking for the water item, not the water fluid. You can use /hqm edit or cheat in 2000 of the water item from NEI to bypass it if you want.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
It was fixed in last update, 3.2.4.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
what does matter the most? power output or power/sappling ? as modded minecraft goes, you can always put more turbines to reach the ethanol power output with 2 times less sappling right? biogas poor density is also better than steam so if you go the boiler route you lose a bit of density (as you have to keep the boiler running and store the steam).

Biogas has a long way to processing, but after the experiment on pumpkins (best for methane), I can say that profit is something like 148 buckets of biogas from 1 stack. Efficiency on percents better for methane, but there is some difference between rough 35% (in an ideal 39%) from 370 buckets of poor fuel and 48% from 4.6 buckets of good fuel. Actually, we can use methane for making hydrogen)

K

Kiama

I just noticed that I can skip cooking my iron into wrought iron by placing iron in a barrel that has wrought iron, either a problem with the way oredicts were assigned or the way unification works. But not really an issue as I am just being careful not to do that.

EDIT: Sorry forgot I wasn't using the latest version, this might be fixed in 3.2.4

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just noticed that I can skip cooking my iron into wrought iron by placing iron in a barrel that has wrought iron, either a problem with the way oredicts were assigned or the way unification works. But not really an issue as I am just being careful not to do that.

EDIT: Sorry forgot I wasn't using the latest version, this might be fixed in 3.2.4
Its not a problem in later versions for sure.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
ugh, they rebalanced and changed the output positions on the distillation tower, took me over an hour to sort out :( Now its big mess of pipes after i managed to retrofit it :p

Also gonna have to recalculate a fair bit in the google docs :(

At least the wood-Heavy oil is working just fine now :) Now i just need to get started on the biogas production

http://prntscr.com/asybm1

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
ok guys I found the quarzite and made a scanner for the crops but I don't really know what to do while waiting for the crops to do their crops things.

I'm in LV era but things changed since I last played gt5, should I start producing polyethylene before starting MV ? what kind of machines are good to get before going further? I have the basic machines to reduce costs and process ores but that's it.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

ok guys I found the quarzite and made a scanner for the crops but I don't really know what to do while waiting for the crops to do their crops things.

I'm in LV era but things changed since I last played gt5, should I start producing polyethylene before starting MV ? what kind of machines are good to get before going further? I have the basic machines to reduce costs and process ores but that's it.
I usually set up a nitro-diesel refining bay before going to mv+ tier, since that fuel is really concentrated power. I'm guessing you have fluid extractor-into->assembler set up for making cheaper circuits with soldering alloy? Making a bread mixer is also helpful for progressing into 5+ foods... If you havn't gotten yourself soybeans already you should, and invest in atleast one Pam's Presser... Getting a paper machine setup is also useful before MV.
What processing lines do you already have set up?

Reactions: Sixpaq