[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect I've seen this debate before, but: Necrotic or Metabolic when crossbreeding?

Metabolic increases mutation chance by 80%, but Necrotic lets you cycle three times faster....

Maybe Metabolic for low-fertility bees, and Necrotic for high?
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

The best way to do it (if you're not using Gendustry) is to have 1 Oblivion frame and 2 metabolic frames. If you don't have oblivion frames, then I go with 2 necrotic frames and 1 metabolic. Gendustry is the best way to breed bees though, hands down.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

If you don't have oblivion frames, then I go with 2 necrotic frames and 1 metabolic. Gendustry is the best way to breed bees though, hands down.
I feel like I probably just wasted my last two hours of play. I'll try that tomorrow :)

Also: I'm guessing everything Gendustry is a bit later than LV.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also: I'm guessing everything Gendustry is a bit later than LV.
Very solidly MV yeah, requires aluminium for basically every part/machine and they use HV machine frames so you'll need a bunch of stainless steel and some polyethylene too. Once you've got them it's not too bad in terms of upkeep costs, RF usage is rather high but can build up for bursts, needing a diamond every seven operations for more labware could get nasty fast though.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I'm trying to work out the math needed for a 3x3 Solid Fueled Boiler Furnace array, and the calculations for the amount of bronze required for the Bronze Furnaces that go into the boiler fireboxes are saying I will need a minimum of 220 bronze ingots.

Does anyone with experience with solid fueled furnace setups know if this number is accurate, or way off? It seems right to me, given that this is GregTech we're talking about here. :D

On a side note, would Jason have any interest in adding that mod that calculates material costs for you by looking at the recipes? It's on these forums, I believe, would be really handy if I could at least verify in-game what material costs are needed for a particular project. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Very solidly MV yeah, requires aluminium for basically every part/machine and they use HV machine frames so you'll need a bunch of stainless steel and some polyethylene too. Once you've got them it's not too bad in terms of upkeep costs, RF usage is rather high but can build up for bursts, needing a diamond every seven operations for more labware could get nasty fast though.
Right. Also, if you want to use the mutatron, which is really the most powerful bit of it all, you need a ton of imperial bees for royal jelly and also a lot of uranium in order to make the Mutagen required. So even if you do use gendustry you still need to get to clean imperial bees before you can really use the best parts of it.

Also note that the witching gadgets biome changer is quite handy for bee breeding/production as well. Industrial Apiaries from gendustry are also fantastic, but they drain a fair bit of EU/t.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Gettin to the point of Alveary's (Imperial and Industrious) isn't really that hard, most of the basic Forestry mutations are not that complicated, the nice thing about the mutatron is it's ability to skip the requisites for bee breeding.

Don't need Blocks of Ore/Shard clusters/Blocks of Gems etc etc etc

S

Sven "flamestrider"

To get the same amount of nitrogen cheaper in cell O30 in your "Low tech power systems" tab I'd recommend using a centrifuge rather than a distillery.

This setup uses 205,13EU in the centrifuge and 64,10EU in the compressor(since it needs twice as much air per nitrogen compared with a distillery setup).
Compared with the distillery setup this is cheaper at a total cost of 269,23EU compared with 4134,62EU, you'd also get a bonus 1000L Oxygen per 3900L Nitrogen.
Additional bonus is that the compressor uses 2EU/t and the centrifuge uses 8EU/t, so it's easier to use in a larger setup, ie needs fewer amps.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
To get the same amount of nitrogen cheaper in cell O30 in your "Low tech power systems" tab I'd recommend using a centrifuge rather than a distillery.

This setup uses 205,13EU in the centrifuge and 64,10EU in the compressor(since it needs twice as much air per nitrogen compared with a distillery setup).
Compared with the distillery setup this is cheaper at a total cost of 269,23EU compared with 4134,62EU, you'd also get a bonus 1000L Oxygen per 3900L Nitrogen.
Additional bonus is that the compressor uses 2EU/t and the centrifuge uses 8EU/t, so it's easier to use in a larger setup, ie needs fewer amps.

I assume youre talking about the manufacturing process of nitro diesel, or at least one of its composites, glycerol?
This is mentioned in the quest book that its substantially cheaper to use a centrifuge/compressor instead of a distillery to extract both nitrogen and oxygen - what you do with the latter, given the conversion ratio, is subject to question - but over time you could acquire enough to be remotely useful in the manufacture of steel.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I assume youre talking about the manufacturing process of nitro diesel, or at least one of its composites, glycerol?
This is mentioned in the quest book that its substantially cheaper to use a centrifuge/compressor instead of a distillery to extract both nitrogen and oxygen - what you do with the latter, given the conversion ratio, is subject to question - but over time you could acquire enough to be remotely useful in the manufacture of steel.
Partly yes, though any process using Nitrogen gas is way cheaper using the centrifuge rather than the distillery to get the gas... the page I was referring to is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit#gid=1649246740

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for reminding me, i actually found this out myself a while ago (back when i was calculating the low tech distillery process), just forgot to fix it.

My own oil system is currently on a standstill since my oil source ran out and i moved on to lava power and don't really need nitro diesel that much. However now that you reminded me i will try and get around to fixing the document at least. The power consumption was something like 24 times more efficient than the distillery if i remember correctly so it is a rather large improvement in the nitro diesel line

Regarding the bees i think a nice way to go about it is first to get into the metabolic and necrotic frames (the oblivin frame requires a dragon egg so i think ile pass :p) to cultivate the industrius and imperial bees. Once you have a nice production from those bees you can then start moving into gendustry that is the real end game of bee breeding and production.

Someone with some nice suggestions what bees one should aim for when you start getting into mass producing things with them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sixpaq

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
Got to my PC, math is as follows:
72 mb of methane per carrot,1440 eu; 1000 methane in lv gas turbine = 0.95*45000 eu = 42750 eu
soo (1000/72)*1440 = 20000 eu needed to produce 1 bucket of methane, so 22750 eu as "profit" eu for 1 centrifuge powering 1 turbine.
If you run a forestry farm, this becomes energy neutral, if not energy-negative; so what I did on my base was a small 1x1 steam boiler from RC, feeding into steam turbine, running forestry farm (enough energy for 3x4x4 non-managed farm structure); 3/4 of farm w/ carrots, 1/4 with resin; all carrots go into centrifuges, which feed 1 gas turbine and RC tank. Tank is slowly gaining some methane, which I'm using in my polyethylene-production.

You probably forgot what gas turbines, as any blocks which emitts energy, for each eu-pulse taking amount of fuel for pulse+2^tier, i.e. for produce 32 eu/t it consumes fuel for 32+2=34 eu\t, and total profit from 1 bucket =(0.95*45K*32/34) - 20K = 20235,2.
Gregtech such gregtech)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikhail Krutov

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with adding transmission losses and cable losses is that it is setup specific. If you change turbine type and placement of the machines the numbers can change. Thats why i usually go with the raw numbers as it is more generall. Then you usually have to ad a bit of energy from losses. In general the higher the tier the lower the losses are thought, they can be rather high in LV (5-10% easily)

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Right. Also, if you want to use the mutatron, which is really the most powerful bit of it all, you need a ton of imperial bees for royal jelly and also a lot of uranium in order to make the Mutagen required. So even if you do use gendustry you still need to get to clean imperial bees before you can really use the best parts of it.

Also note that the witching gadgets biome changer is quite handy for bee breeding/production as well. Industrial Apiaries from gendustry are also fantastic, but they drain a fair bit of EU/t.
About this biome changer - did you try to breed bees in these artificially made biomes? I had no success at all with frugal bees (have humidity and temp req), which made me believe that this doesnt work.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
You probably forgot what gas turbines, as any blocks which emitts energy, for each eu-pulse taking amount of fuel for pulse+2^tier, i.e. for produce 32 eu/t it consumes fuel for 32+2=34 eu\t, and total profit from 1 bucket =(0.95*45K*32/34) - 20K = 20235,2.
Gregtech such gregtech)
Hm I didn't forget that since its impossible to forget something one does not know. Thanks for info!

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
About this biome changer - did you try to breed bees in these artificially made biomes? I had no success at all with frugal bees (have humidity and temp req), which made me believe that this doesnt work.
Nope, I just saw that Taumto and Ghouls used the biome changers so figured they worked.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Makes sense, and from looking at Gendustry stuff in youtubes last night, I can't argue with this.

Also note that the witching gadgets biome changer is quite handy for bee breeding/production as well.
I watched an ancient youtube video on the Mutatron last night that suggested that it had a chance to create short-lived bees (a precursor to ignoble stock). Is this still the case? The wiki's I've read simply suggest that ignobles have a chance to die in the mutatron.

Dang I had been planning to use this myself for bees. I wonder if its like the silverwood biome tree, where it happens block-by-block instead of redoing an entire chunk instantly. Is it possible your apiary was in a still-unconverted chunk?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Makes sense, and from looking at Gendustry stuff in youtubes last night, I can't argue with this.

I watched an ancient youtube video on the Mutatron last night that suggested that it had a chance to create short-lived bees (a precursor to ignoble stock). Is this still the case? The wiki's I've read simply suggest that ignobles have a chance to die in the mutatron.

Dang I had been planning to use this myself for bees. I wonder if its like the silverwood biome tree, where it happens block-by-block instead of redoing an entire chunk instantly. Is it possible your apiary was in a still-unconverted chunk?

Whenever I use the mutatron I always use pristine princesses. If you use ignoble princess in the mutatron it will often give you genetic waste. Pristine princesses can still give genetic waste, but it's incredibly rare.

Sometimes the mutatron process will give you an ignoble queen. If that happens just toss it in an apiary with some necrotic frames (and an enderio conduit to automate) and let it gather up a bunch of drones (at least 15, but probably more). Then plop in a pristine princess of whatever race of bee and let it get brute forced into being the same as the drones.

That process gets easier as you start to pile up diamonds and bee traits from the trait sampler. Then you can build a generic genetic template that includes your best humidity, temperature, fertility, etc traits (without including breed). Apply that to your excess pristine princesses before you brute force them into whatever breed of princess with a pile of drones. That way you can go out in a desert and get tons of bees easily as they are easier to see in the desert and plus there are 3 breeds of bees that spawn in the desert. Also looking for bees hives at night is helpful if you're struggling. I always carry an apiarist's backpack and a thaumium scoop enchanted with repair2.

Edit: And yes, the biome changer works block by block.