[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

D

Daur

Blue Alloy wires will not disapear, however they will no longer be craftable. Electrotine is not generating currently, because it doesnt have any real use (all powered machiens in PrRed are disabled), but I might consider it.

Perhaps make Nikolite obtainable then? If I remember correctly that's already used in place of teslatite in an alternate recipe for blue alloy but there's no way to produce it. Maybe make it a byproduct of lapis/lazurite or whatever is appropriate. Just a thought.

L

lionheart

How do you submit the water for "Water from the sky" quest? I've submitted over 2000 mb of water so far and no quest progress. GT pipes don't connect, tried with BC pipes and even with buckets.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Blue Alloy wires will not disapear, however they will no longer be craftable. Electrotine is not generating currently, because it doesnt have any real use (all powered machiens in PrRed are disabled), but I might consider it.
Oh, I figured you'd add it in so I used MCEdit to replace all teslatite ore in my save with electrotine ore :)

By the way :
Code:
/cofh replaceblocks -400 1 -1300 2500 255 -980 gregtech:gt.blockgranites bluepower:basalt

Replacing 235712000 blocks from -400:1:-1300 to 2500:255:-980 with gregtech:gt.blockgranites

Successfully replaced 897502 blocks from -400:1:-1300 to 2500:255:-980 with gregtech:gt.blockgranites
So the "from here to there" replacement works, I just think you need to make sure all the "here" coords are lower than the "there" coords.

Only problem I ran into by using this was that unfortunately all red granite was also changed into black granite... which was odd, so I used MCEdit instead.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

How do you submit the water for "Water from the sky" quest? I've submitted over 2000 mb of water so far and no quest progress. GT pipes don't connect, tried with BC pipes and even with buckets.
Jason said the fix is en route with the next update.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Fix is already staged for v3.2.4. No ETA, but should be this week

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
/cofh replaceblocks -400 1 -1300 2500 255 -980 gregtech:gt.blockgranites bluepower:basalt

Replacing 235712000 blocks from -400:1:-1300 to 2500:255:-980 with gregtech:gt.blockgranites

Successfully replaced 897502 blocks from -400:1:-1300 to 2500:255:-980 with gregtech:gt.blockgranites
So the "from here to there" replacement works, I just think you need to make sure all the "here" coords are lower than the "there" coords.

Only problem I ran into by using this was that unfortunately all red granite was also changed into black granite... which was odd, so I used MCEdit instead.
Hmm.. Ok... thats good to know.

As for replacement also red granite to black granite.... I have no idea why it would catch that.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a headsup
I've found this while investigating some fastcraft mystery:
http://mods.stjerncraft.com/tickdynamic/
that's a mod that tries to maintain serverTick at 20, by limiting the amount of entities that tick every tick. It was mentioned on Fastcraft thread, and several players stated they've had improvements and elimination of lagspikes with it.
Tick Dynamic is a Minecraft Forge CoreMod, which will attempt to maintain a server Ticks Per Second at 20. It does this by individually controlling how many Entities and TileEntities update each tick. As the server TPS goes down, the number of Entities and TileEntities that update each tick also goes down, to maintain a high server TPS.
Github of the author:
https://github.com/wildex999/TickDynamic
is quite active, but last official release was over a year ago. Its alpha, but may be someone would benefit from it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a headsup
I've found this while investigating some fastcraft mystery:
http://mods.stjerncraft.com/tickdynamic/
that's a mod that tries to maintain serverTick at 20, by limiting the amount of entities that tick every tick. It was mentioned on Fastcraft thread, and several players stated they've had improvements and elimination of lagspikes with it.

Github of the author:
https://github.com/wildex999/TickDynamic
is quite active, but last official release was over a year ago. Its alpha, but may be someone would benefit from it.
I have a feeling that it was used on the official server in past? @lafflam @Grove confirmation?

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
Will someone be able to put up a simple stepwise guide to fixing up bluepower removal at the time we update to 3.2.4? I am currently on 3.2.2 and reticent to keep updating if it screws up my world. Would rather not have different ores in current explore chunk to those in new chunks. Like my world spawns to stay the same and have never used MC Edit and don't really like the idea of changing blocks after spawning.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Will someone be able to put up a simple stepwise guide to fixing up bluepower removal at the time we update to 3.2.4? I am currently on 3.2.2 and reticent to keep updating if it screws up my world. Would rather not have different ores in current explore chunk to those in new chunks. Like my world spawns to stay the same and have never used MC Edit and don't really like the idea of changing blocks after spawning.

Here is what we are currently doing on the Official Public Server:

1. Updated to 3.2.3.1 in order to add ProjectRed.
  2. Players need to transfer items out of BluePower canvas bags into newly made ProjectRed backpacks (then discard the canvas bags... it's just string and sticks, after all) Do this or the precious items in your canvas bags will go bye-bye!
  3. Players need to remove all BluePower machines from service, or else they will be removed when we eventually update to 3.2.4... better to do this in a controlled manner, eh? Start replacing them with ProjectRed or other alternatives.
  4. Most importantly, convert ALL of the already-discovered BluePower basalt volcanoes to ProjectRed basalt. On our server, Groveham has been teleporting from volcano to volcano to issue the following command that converts the BluePower basalt to ProjectRed basalt (Standard disclaimers: back-up your world first, and maybe practice in a new world first to make sure it works for you... do not operate heavy GregTech machinery until you know how this command affects you... your mileage may vary... please use all clean plate.)

Code:
/cofh replaceblocks <playerName> 100 100 100 1970#3 bluepower:basalt

That's about all we are doing currently. We are not worried about the pockets left by missing Teslatite. We are not worried about the missing BP flowers. Is there anything I am overlooking?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Most importantly for the command, make sure to double check the id of projectred basalt in NEI first, while unlikely to matter if you've done any changes to the pack or even just started on a different version there is a chance the number ids are different as those are automatically assigned. Particularly if you start a test world and try that command it probably won't work as the 3.2 server was generated without projectred and a world started with projectred would almost certainly have the ids being different.

Good to know you can use numerical ids though, thought you could only use item names with those commands, makes things much easier in my test worlds.

whiteTigr

Jul 29, 2019
How unlock silverwood wand core research in thaumcraft? Infusion and essentia distilation already researched (some wiki say that requiered), and can't find any more prerequisites. :(

A

Astrik

I got a problem with the quest "Blast Furnace Upgrade - More Storage". I have made 1,4,9-slots Medium Voltage Battery Buffer. None of them worked

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How unlock silverwood wand core research in thaumcraft? Infusion and essentia distilation already researched (some wiki say that requiered), and can't find any more prerequisites. :(
Silver wood cores require titanium here, you'll have to research that first. One of the later metal researches in alchemy.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Ender io farming stations require an axe to run and consumes durability. A dark steel axe with the best capacitator avoids 95% of the damage and consume RF instead which can be recharged with a wireless recharger. Then add unbreaking 3 and it wont get destroyed anytime soon :) You can also repair it every once in a while with thaumcraft.

It activates every now and then and cutts down basically all the trees in one go, just hope it got the range to handle the fir trees. Sometimes when it takes down huge trees there can be some problem as it completly fills the internal buffer on items. Ile probably ad an item transfer node to pick upp anything it misses. Its the fastest woodcutter ive found so far in modded minecraft and also replants the trees. If you add capacitators it will plant trees or crops in a larger area and consume more energy on standby and the power buffer will also increase. This can be relevant as cutting down really huge trees can require a pretty hefty amount of power at once.

Well last time I tried (on 3.1) farming station didn't work with any modded trees - Thaumcraft, EBXL, Forestry. Only vanilla trees.

@edit: Just checked, still doesn't work.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Well last time I tried (on 3.1) farming station didn't work with any modded trees - Thaumcraft, EBXL, Forestry. Only vanilla trees.

I guess you hafto use a forestry type autofarm for mod-trees then...

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019

Then i might just go for a vanilla oak farm, the smallest size of farming station is 7x7 but it can go all the way upp to 11x11 in size and then the output should be large enough even if its only oak. I will have to check the amount of sapplings and wood i need to produce to run the previous mentioned setup but it should be a bit less than 1 wood every 1.2 seconds and maybe 16 sapplings every minutes. So i think it should be possible within 7x7 to 11x11 farms. I suspect that the amount of sapplings will be much higher than the wood thought so i should check the ratio between the amount of excess sapplings and wood the farm produces. With the above setup i would need a ratio of 4 wood for every one sappling. I will probably make more detailed calculations for the requirement output of the farm later.

If the speed is not enought maybe there is something that can improve the growth speed of vanilla sapplings, maybe lamp of growth?

Now i also have to figure out what to do with the apples :)

Last edited: