[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Not really. Per 8 buckets of nitric acid + 1x chalco/pentlandide purified you get a tiny pile of sludge dust. 9x per sludge dust, and each sludge dust has a 60% chance for a tiny pile of osmium. I just set it up in order to reach 7x osmium eventually, but by no means is it viable for mass production imho, unless you set up a massiive infrastructure.

This is actually very nice since osmium is the thing im really lacking atm and you get very small amounts even from the iridium veins as the iridium ore content is very small. A lot of the iridium you get from processing platinum and sheldonite (Edit). So i have rather large amounts of iridium but next to no osmium. Need to check NEI to see if you can make some more rare materials this way :)

You only need 3 osmium per 27 HSS-S ingots so you actually dont need that much if you make turbines from HSS-S. Not so sure about making turbines from osmium anytime soon thought as 78 osmium per turbine is a bit of a stretch :p

Also i get a large excess of sulfuric acid and nitrogen from my oil processing so producing the acids should be a fairly simple process for me :)

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

-crop-
sheldite (i think it was called).
-crop-
It's Sheldonite, most likely a homage to Sheldon Cooper from "The Big Bang Theory" the tv show... especially likely since the ore dictionary name for sheldonite is cooperite ;)
Not a correction to be pedantic, a correction to let all nerds in on the joke played by GT.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
After that im gonna see how much power i can produce from a ender io tree farm with sappling->biogas and wood->alumentum. Anyone have any good input of what tree in the modpack is the best for making tree farms? (both in terms of sapplings and wood).

What about fir, hmm? Same amount of wood as from 2x2 spruce and hell's cloud of saplings moreover.

Reactions: Pyure
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Anyone know if the dough recipe in the mixer is intentional?
edible salt + flour + water = 2 dough <- input voltage 256!

That means you can't use the mixer for dough until HV tier?

alexandere99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with the "Dirty Endeavors" quest. I've 5 Crushed Iron Ore but the quest doesn't register it :/ Is there a special way I have to do it?

D

Daur

Jason, will blue alloy wires no longer be available with the removal of "Blue Power" Teslatite or will we be able to make the wires from "Project Red" Electrotine ingots?

Edit; maybe either have
4 electrotine dust + 1 silver = blue alloy ingot or
1 silver + 1 electrotine ingot = 1 blue alloy ingot

Advantage of the first is that it's closer to the previous recipe of 4 teslatite + 1 silver = 1 blue alloy.

Second recipe is slightly more expensive per wire, but not prohibitively so. The second recipe is better in some ways, atleast if electrotine ingots are going to be included in recipes... otherwise it's an unneccesary step, IMO.

I would like an answer to this as well. Currently my entire setup is using blue alloy cable. I don't think the cables will dissappear since they are Gregtech technically. I agree with the proposed recipes and think it makes the most sense to just use electrotine instead of teslatite.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah fir is ridiculous. I lucked out with a fir forest near my base.

That sounds like just the thing i was looking for, hard to find or?

If they grow really fast you dont even need to uppgrade the ender IO farm so much. Probably gonna need a pretty good axe if i dont want to get new ones all the time. A maxed out dark steel axe with a wireless charger should do the trick. Probably gonna need a item transfer node if the farm behaves something like i remembered with dropping sapplings all over the place.

Something tells me the output of this farm is gonna be absolutely ridiculous :)

As long as i make enough sapplings 1 macerator and 1 pyrolyse ovens should produce enough biomass for 3 distilation towers that would produce 2 buckets of biogas per second.
In comparison to HSS-S turbines they would have a nominal output of 2100 eu/tick and consume 1.3125 b of biogas per second and have an actual output of 2940 eu/tick.

So it would actually make sense to make two distillation towers to run 1 gas turbine with a HSS-S turbine that would be able to run the entire process with a pretty hefty excess.

And then you add the wood-charcoal-Alumentum-tungstensteel boiler-> steam turbine to that :)

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If they grow really fast you dont even need to uppgrade the ender IO farm so much. Probably gonna need a pretty good axe if i dont want to get new ones all the time. A maxed out dark steel axe with a wireless charger should do the trick. Probably gonna need a item transfer node if the farm behaves something like i remembered with dropping sapplings all over the place.
Are you talking about manual-chopping or machined-chopping? If the latter, does the machine you're talking about chop down whole trees?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Ender io farming stations require an axe to run and consumes durability. A dark steel axe with the best capacitator avoids 95% of the damage and consume RF instead which can be recharged with a wireless recharger. Then add unbreaking 3 and it wont get destroyed anytime soon :) You can also repair it every once in a while with thaumcraft.

It activates every now and then and cutts down basically all the trees in one go, just hope it got the range to handle the fir trees. Sometimes when it takes down huge trees there can be some problem as it completly fills the internal buffer on items. Ile probably ad an item transfer node to pick upp anything it misses. Its the fastest woodcutter ive found so far in modded minecraft and also replants the trees. If you add capacitators it will plant trees or crops in a larger area and consume more energy on standby and the power buffer will also increase. This can be relevant as cutting down really huge trees can require a pretty hefty amount of power at once.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I would like an answer to this as well. Currently my entire setup is using blue alloy cable. I don't think the cables will dissappear since they are Gregtech technically. I agree with the proposed recipes and think it makes the most sense to just use electrotine instead of teslatite.
I wouldn't mind if they exchanged it for a different one... if there existed an equivalent wire that is.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to do it in the crafting window with the hammer though.
Ok... Tested and works perfectly fine for me. Mined some Iron Ore with hammer, picked some crushed ore from small iron ore. It registered it just fine. Then crafted it into Inpure dust in crafting window. Again works just fine. I dont know what could you be doing wrong. What version are you running?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Ok... Tested and works perfectly fine for me. Mined some Iron Ore with hammer, picked some crushed ore from small iron ore. It registered it just fine. Then crafted it into Inpure dust in crafting window. Again works just fine. I dont know what could you be doing wrong. What version are you running?
My guess is that alexandede99 mined an ore(with a pick) and then tried using the hammer inside the inventory on the ore block...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, will blue alloy wires no longer be available with the removal of "Blue Power" Teslatite or will we be able to make the wires from "Project Red" Electrotine ingots?

Edit; maybe either have
4 electrotine dust + 1 silver = blue alloy ingot or
1 silver + 1 electrotine ingot = 1 blue alloy ingot

Advantage of the first is that it's closer to the previous recipe of 4 teslatite + 1 silver = 1 blue alloy.

Second recipe is slightly more expensive per wire, but not prohibitively so. The second recipe is better in some ways, atleast if electrotine ingots are going to be included in recipes... otherwise it's an unneccesary step, IMO.
Blue Alloy wires will not disapear, however they will no longer be craftable. Electrotine is not generating currently, because it doesnt have any real use (all powered machiens in PrRed are disabled), but I might consider it.