[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I second Dlur on his opinion, even though I haven't touched TC in 3.2. Naquadah requirement just doesn't make sense. Why include something super, and I mean super rare and endgame (I'm talking about its usage, not processing tier) to a thing like Node Transducer? This recipe is do dumb too - hv machine parts and RAW naquadah dust? You clearly just threw random rare stuff just for the sake of more grind.

I've avoided giving two cents on this till now, i do agree that some of the changes to TC are just a little bit obscene ... like needing warped research to explore the core concepts of TC like infusion crafting, but not gaining any warp from say; the osmotic enchanter which, honestly, the entire delivery of that enchanter reeks of dark magic.
Niobium for the shock focus, while i'll agree its an insanely powerful item, a fully drawn bow still kills far faster for a few very basic materials that can be pulled out of your ass indefinitely and if you have done the research, you dont even have to spend the ammunition to fire it, niobium is something that i've never actually obtained and i have been playing this pack since its initial posting and i do alot of exploring, i've got a short-project attention span ...
I'd also like to note that some of my researched items are again showing as "required research incomplete" (basic stuff like greatwood cores and the revealing goggles) since the 3.2.3.1 patch the other day and i crafted the goggles yesterday, i also cannot move a charcoal pile igniter once ive placed it, even with a tier three wrench. (says wrench T1 on gui) - i'm not sure if that latter piece is intentional or not, since you are given recycling recipes for the igniter - i do have to say that its a very interesting addition that though.
i'm having a little trouble grasping the concept of the core for a golem needing an HV arm, instead of the golem itself and would like to ask how everyone else is handling automatic fuel sources prior to stainless steel, because thats my biggest lynch pin right now. (though im still powering most of my stuff from small boilers and a rather large buffer tank)
I've thrown around the idea of refining oilsands (i lost count after 10 veins) into fuel oil and burning that, but it seems like a fairly large undertaking to make this early in the game - sulfuric light fuel actually seems to show a net gain when you burn it straight up, which is a little silly - but i wouldnt be using it in that state.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Yes, but if you die, with the price of all of your items on you (except whatever you'll shove into mirror), you'll respawn in Overworld.
So minimum looses if you're fast & lucky is just a hand mirror.

Do OpenBlocks gravestones not spawn in The End? If they did, it'd simply be a minor inconvenience to go out and get your stuff back. Could be quite a trip depending on where you died in the first place. The only bad thing about gravestones is it's unwise to fill your character up in the end because they can spawn at a Y-level where some of your items could spill into the void if not caught immediately. This is why I would prefer Ender Chests, that mod has the Ender Pouch, to get your items safely home, all you'd do is throw it all into an Ender Pouch, including the Ender Pouch itself! :D

Most items are replaceable, but Direwolf20 - a popular YouTuber playing modded Minecraft - used this technique himself to save all his items he cared about whilst in The End on at least one occasion. :D

Some items are very expensive, I look forward to crafting the Magic Mirror from Thaumcraft, when I finally get there.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Do OpenBlocks gravestones not spawn in The End? If they did, it'd simply be a minor inconvenience to go out and get your stuff back. Could be quite a trip depending on where you died in the first place. The only bad thing about gravestones is it's unwise to fill your character up in the end because they can spawn at a Y-level where some of your items could spill into the void if not caught immediately. This is why I would prefer Ender Chests, that mod has the Ender Pouch, to get your items safely home, all you'd do is throw it all into an Ender Pouch, including the Ender Pouch itself! :D

Most items are replaceable, but Direwolf20 - a popular YouTuber playing modded Minecraft - used this technique himself to save all his items he cared about whilst in The End on at least one occasion. :D

Some items are very expensive, I look forward to crafting the Magic Mirror from Thaumcraft, when I finally get there.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Nah the graves don't spawn, I've just checked it.
Mirrors are like techy EnderChests, imho.
I;ve loaded myself in createive with non-enchanted armor & tools, plus some regen potions, plus speed potion, plus fire resistnace. This allowed me to survive about 2.5 minutes in normal difficulty, while I was running around & searching for stuff. I died after I've thrown 5 dust Naqua and 3 crushed ones into the mirror, and I died only cause my regen buff has dropped. If I'd have one more potion or would've been less greedy, I'd get all of my stuff except, for mirror, back. And, if one really would want to save all of his stuff, one would make a chest somewhere in the end to put the mirror in.. The catch is to avoid dragon smashing it, so place a chest and run away from there like hell is following.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Nah the graves don't spawn, I've just checked it.
Mirrors are like techy EnderChests, imho.
I;ve loaded myself in createive with non-enchanted armor & tools, plus some regen potions, plus speed potion, plus fire resistnace. This allowed me to survive about 2.5 minutes in normal difficulty, while I was running around & searching for stuff. I died after I've thrown 5 dust Naqua and 3 crushed ones into the mirror, and I died only cause my regen buff has dropped. If I'd have one more potion or would've been less greedy, I'd get all of my stuff except, for mirror, back. And, if one really would want to save all of his stuff, one would make a chest somewhere in the end to put the mirror in.. The catch is to avoid dragon smashing it, so place a chest and run away from there like hell is following.

I see. I suppose this question has been asked a million times by now, but does the HEE dragon respawn if defeated? Does obsidian or any other block stop it from destroying items? From your description, it doesn't sound like a place you'd want to stay for any length of time! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I suppose this question has been asked a million times by now, but does the HEE dragon respawn if defeated? Does obsidian or any other block stop it from destroying items? From your description, it doesn't sound like a place you'd want to stay for any length of time! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
IIRC you can respawn it, but it won't respawn by itself
warded blocks won't be destroyed.

edit: okay bad news, while ender dragon can't break the warded glass blcoks (which do not require nether star btw), he can still pass through them freely.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I've avoided giving two cents on this till now, i do agree that some of the changes to TC are just a little bit obscene ... like needing warped research to explore the core concepts of TC like infusion crafting, but not gaining any warp from say; the osmotic enchanter which, honestly, the entire delivery of that enchanter reeks of dark magic.
Niobium for the shock focus, while i'll agree its an insanely powerful item, a fully drawn bow still kills far faster for a few very basic materials that can be pulled out of your ass indefinitely and if you have done the research, you dont even have to spend the ammunition to fire it, niobium is something that i've never actually obtained and i have been playing this pack since its initial posting and i do alot of exploring, i've got a short-project attention span ...
I'd also like to note that some of my researched items are again showing as "required research incomplete" (basic stuff like greatwood cores and the revealing goggles) since the 3.2.3.1 patch the other day and i crafted the goggles yesterday, i also cannot move a charcoal pile igniter once ive placed it, even with a tier three wrench. (says wrench T1 on gui) - i'm not sure if that latter piece is intentional or not, since you are given recycling recipes for the igniter - i do have to say that its a very interesting addition that though.
i'm having a little trouble grasping the concept of the core for a golem needing an HV arm, instead of the golem itself and would like to ask how everyone else is handling automatic fuel sources prior to stainless steel, because thats my biggest lynch pin right now. (though im still powering most of my stuff from small boilers and a rather large buffer tank)
I've thrown around the idea of refining oilsands (i lost count after 10 veins) into fuel oil and burning that, but it seems like a fairly large undertaking to make this early in the game - sulfuric light fuel actually seems to show a net gain when you burn it straight up, which is a little silly - but i wouldnt be using it in that state.
Warp was one of the things I didn't really change, solid point on it though, I don't normally consider it a concern so overlooked it myself.

For the research incomplete that's because a whole bunch of things got prereqs then, for example the infusion altar now requires having researched how to make a vinteum gem to make. Due to how it all spirals out this could've affected more stuff, the most notable thing is transmutations, the greatwood core should require steel transmutation for example as it requires steel, might've set the goggles to needing gold when I was going through. Mainly just if you're stuck try researching more metals, knowing how a metal is structured magically could help unlock things that require that metal.

Why does the Use core contain a robot arm? Because something something magic precision science! The cybernetic enhancements grant the golem the fine dexterity needed to manipulate items precisely enough to replicate your own capabilities?

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Also, to all the smarties out there. I've just tried to nuke the End, and it killed ender dragon (64 industrial tnt plus 64 plutonium) in one shot. But.. The bad news is it does not spawn the portal, so you still won't be able to get back, lol.
Warded glass or warded blocks can't be destroyed by dragon, but he passes freely through them, so he destroys the stuff you've put inside the warded box, so no real reason to do that.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Also, to all the smarties out there. I've just tried to nuke the End, and it killed ender dragon (64 industrial tnt plus 64 plutonium) in one shot. But.. The bad news is it does not spawn the portal, so you still won't be able to get back, lol.
Warded glass or warded blocks can't be destroyed by dragon, but he passes freely through them, so he destroys the stuff you've put inside the warded box, so no real reason to do that.

I guess you would have to either delete your End map or respawn another dragon through Creative/NEI Cheat mode. :D

Is it intended that the Ender Dragon can pass through warded blocks? I think this would mostly be due to the way Minecraft code works for the vanilla Ender Dragon.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I guess you would have to either delete your End map or respawn another dragon through Creative. :D
half nope, half yep
http://hardcore-ender-expansion.wikia.com/wiki/Ender_Dragon
Once it's killed, it will not spawn again naturally but a player is able to spawn the dragon using Temple Caller and Dragon Egg, which will destroy the whole dimension, resulting in loss of any man-made structures inside the End.
Is it intended that the Ender Dragon can pass through warded blocks? I think this would mostly be due to the way Minecraft code works for the vanilla Ender Dragon.
don't think so.. HEE doesn't expect player to be able to place blocks that can't be destroyed by the dragon.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
the greatwood core should require steel transmutation for example as it requires steel
That might make sense, i guess ... but transmutation for something thats so easily created with basic tools? and again, moderate warp for something as basic as steel?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That might make sense, i guess ... but transmutation for something thats so easily created with basic tools? and again, moderate warp for something as basic as steel?
Yeah, should probably remove some warp from stuff. Steel isn't that easily created with basic tools, I mean yes you only need basic tools but technically you just need a HV centrifuge to get the plutonium for a fusion reactor, doesn't mean you won't spend absurd amounts of resources for your point on doing so. Although the plutonium is much more extreme than a BBF.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Have to say i love the new recepies for how to make tungsten and titanium. There has always been a lot of material that rarely see use but now all of a sudden its actually usefull with hydrogen, chlorine, magnesium, etc. Had really great fun yesterday making enough titanium for the large heat exchanger. I don't think ive even mined for salt and magnesium before :)

Also dimensionall transiever with endothermic pump is insanely fast in the nether. I think it pumps close to 15-20 buckets of lava per second AND it chunkloads itself. I just turn of the dimensionall transiever in my base whenever my max size railcraft tank is full (took like 40 minutes to pump 20k buckets of lava :p). The entire setup is rather expensive on power thought as the upkeep on the transievers is about 1300 rf/t plus 100 for the pump. Although it can easily be supplied with a HV GT diesel generators that you convert from Volts into RF with a capacitator bank.

Now i just need to figure out how many turbines i want and how the hell im gonna manage the get the steam flowing as i want it.
Do the large heat exchanger split its output into output hatches if it has several? I was hoping i could just use several seperate output hatches that directly dumps its content into a huge tungstensteel pipe (42k/s per pipe) that goes directly into a large turbine.

Probably gonna need to mine out the entire iridium vein to get enough osmium to produce the HSS-S turbines :)

After that im gonna see how much power i can produce from a ender io tree farm with sappling->biogas and wood->alumentum. Anyone have any good input of what tree in the modpack is the best for making tree farms? (both in terms of sapplings and wood).

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Have to say i love the new recepies for how to make tungsten and titanium. There has always been a lot of material that rarely see use but now all of a sudden its actually usefull with hydrogen, chlorine, magnesium, etc. Had really great fun yesterday making enough titanium for the large heat exchanger. I don't think ive even mined for salt and magnesium before :)

Also dimensionall transiever with endothermic pump is insanely fast in the nether. I think it pumps close to 15-20 buckets of lava per second AND it chunkloads itself. I just turn of the dimensionall transiever in my base whenever my max size railcraft tank is full (took like 40 minutes to pump 20k buckets of lava :p). The entire setup is rather expensive on power thought as the upkeep on the transievers is about 1300 rf/t plus 100 for the pump. Although it can easily be supplied with a HV GT diesel generators that you convert from Volts into RF with a capacitator bank.

Now i just need to figure out how many turbines i want and how the hell im gonna manage the get the steam flowing as i want it.
Do the large heat exchanger split its output into output hatches if it has several? I was hoping i could just use several seperate output hatches that directly dumps its content into a huge tungstensteel pipe (42k/s per pipe) that goes directly into a large turbine.

Probably gonna need to mine out the entire iridium vein to get enough osmium to produce the HSS-S turbines :)

After that im gonna see how much power i can produce from a ender io tree farm with sappling->biogas and wood->alumentum. Anyone have any good input of what tree in the modpack is the best for making tree farms? (both in terms of sapplings and wood).

I'm a bit curious regarding the HSS materials. I used the green ones(HSS-E?) for my turbines since it seemed as if it had higher durability and efficiency while the iridium-based one had a lot lower. Although I haven't been able to find an iridium vein(where do you even find it lol, checked overworld/end/moon no luck) I do have a bunch of iridium from duplication but I fail to see the benefits? Perhaps I am just blind.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Did a rather large overview on turbine materials a few days ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

While the durability is lower on HSS-S turbines the main difference is that the output is 40% higher (efficiency is the same 140%). If you normalize the material cost against output (i used 8192 V 1 amps) you start realizing those 40% makes a lot of different. To produce 1 amps of 8192 with HSS-E you need 7.8 (or 8) large steam turbines which makes the material cost 608.5 (624) HSS-E. The same system with HSS-S only requires 5.6 turbines so you need a lot less material to produce a certain amount of power.

So basically at glance they look to be the same but the HSS-S is actually 28,6% cheaper in terms of material cost both in turbine blade material but also the large turbines themselvs for given output.

Iridium veins can be found in the overworld between 40-50 height but it is extremly rare so i REALLY lucked out when i stumbled upon it. I think it's the ore deposite with the lowest weight of all ore veins so just mine at 45 and hope for the best. Last server it took me a week of mining to find it.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Iridium veins can be found in the overworld between 40-50 height but it is extremly rare so i REALLY lucked out when i stumbled upon it. I think it's the ore deposite with the weight of all ore veins so just mine at 45 and hope for the best. Last server it took me a week of mining to find it.

Lucky, ive found one iridium vein and that was cheating with the clearblocks command ... right where i spawned too, sadly something went horribly wrong and all my world data got corrupted... :(

R

Rogash

Hey guys i can't make my thaumatorion going...after stacking alchemical constructs on a crucible and using a silver capped greatwoodwand...anyone knows the vis requirements? I can't find them

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Man I'll just create nitric acid en masse and get my osmium, will never be able to find an iridium vein. The platinum sludge dust is actually pretty neat, although I guess the other products can just be alchemically duplicated.
Did a rather large overview on turbine materials a few days ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

While the durability is lower on HSS-S turbines the main difference is that the output is 40% higher (efficiency is the same 140%). If you normalize the material cost against output (i used 8192 V 1 amps) you start realizing those 40% makes a lot of different. To produce 1 amps of 8192 with HSS-E you need 7.8 (or 8) large steam turbines which makes the material cost 608.5 (624) HSS-E. The same system with HSS-S only requires 5.6 turbines so you need a lot less material to produce a certain amount of power.

So basically at glance they look to be the same but the HSS-S is actually 28,6% cheaper in terms of material cost both in turbine blade material but also the large turbines themselvs for given output.

Iridium veins can be found in the overworld between 40-50 height but it is extremly rare so i REALLY lucked out when i stumbled upon it. I think it's the ore deposite with the lowest weight of all ore veins so just mine at 45 and hope for the best. Last server it took me a week of mining to find it.

I guess the primary matter is that I am lazy, and thus prefer higher durability since afaik you cannot in any way automate turbine replacement :/ Material costs are no problem, the blades just cost tungstensteel, chrome, and a few other common materials.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
For me that plays on singleplayer it really doesnt matter that much with durability as long as it is not extremly low. With steam a HSS-S turbine lasts 128 hours and HSS-E 305 hours. Thats so long it wont be a problem regardless :)

Shit, havent looked into the nitric acid ore processing now that i think about it. Can you do some nice stuff with that (maybe produce a lot of osmium)? Osmium rotors are actually the best turbine material ive found if you can live with the 48 hour durability. However it is a pain in the ass to get since the only way to get it so far ive found is by processing iridium ore

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys i can't make my thaumatorion going...after stacking alchemical constructs on a crucible and using a silver capped greatwoodwand...anyone knows the vis requirements? I can't find them
They're listed in the thaumonomicon, it's 30 ordo and aqua and 15 ignis according to a quick google, a greatwood/silver wand is fine.

Reactions: Rogash

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
For me that plays on singleplayer it really doesnt matter that much with durability as long as it is not extremly low. With steam a HSS-S turbine lasts 128 hours and HSS-E 305 hours. Thats so long it wont be a problem regardless :)

Shit, havent looked into the nitric acid ore processing now that i think about it. Can you do some nice stuff with that (maybe produce a lot of osmium)? Osmium rotors are actually the best turbine material ive found if you can live with the 48 hour durability. However it is a pain in the ass to get since the only way to get it so far ive found is by processing iridium ore
Not really. Per 8 buckets of nitric acid + 1x chalco/pentlandide purified you get a tiny pile of sludge dust. 9x per sludge dust, and each sludge dust has a 60% chance for a tiny pile of osmium. I just set it up in order to reach 7x osmium eventually, but by no means is it viable for mass production imho, unless you set up a massiive infrastructure.