[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Make a copy of your world, remove playerdata/<nickname>.thaum, <nickname>.thaumback, add your researched items & points via console. Theoretically should work.
Same thing happened to a player on the Official Public server. I asked here, but had not received a response yet, so this post is good timing.

At his request, I issued the command "/tc research playerName reset" which reset all of his research back to zero. Side effect is that he kept his aspect points. We will see if there are any bugs with this approach. Otherwise I may need to use Mikhail's suggestion.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
even after removal of thaum/thaumback files & re-adding the researches?
No, i didnt want to manualy add all the stuff so i played with backups.
And if i would, i would get lots of unkown before stuff because of read below.

Anyway i kinda figured what is the problem.
Apparently, after 3.2.3.1 some of researches require more stuff to be researched before being available to research.
For example, i had to research metal (GT steel to precise) transmustation to restore my Greatwood wand research.
Same thing goes to Infusion altar - Vinteum crystal needs to be opened before Infusion. While i did "rush" to Infusion pre 3.2.3.1 just fine.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
No, i didnt want to manualy add all the stuff so i played with backups.

Anyway i kinda figured what is the problem.
Apparently, after 3.2.3.1 some of researches require more stuff to be researched before being available to research.
For example, i had to research metal (GT steel to precise) transmustation to restore my Greatwood wand research.
Same thing goes to Infusion altar - Vinteum crystal needs to be opened before Infusion. While i did "rush" to Infusion pre 3.2.3.1 just fine.
So just to be clear... re-researching the prerequisites fixed allowed you to proceed?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have a question to anyone who knows the Railcraft boilers: Is 4 stacks of Abyssal stone considered enough to make a decent solid-fueled boiler setup or should i go back later for more? :D

I came across the stone whilst caving, looked it up, figured that's probably worth having so grabbed some of it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Is 4 stacks of Abyssal stone considered enough to make a decent solid-fueled boiler setup or should i go back later for more? :D
7 items per firebox, and you need up to 9 of fireboxes.. Not sure if the boiler tank recipes inlcude abyssal stone.
9 fireboxes, steel 36 tank items = 720 steam/tick
quite awesome amount.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is this an april fool's joke btw?
No that's been like that for a while now, was originally (for the scripts) too, just changed to EV wiring for a bit at one point. Just get to the end and go looking, small naquadah ore isn't that rare. Plus with Thaumcraft you can produce the stuff from uranium anyway.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
No that's been like that for a while now, was originally (for the scripts) too, just changed to EV wiring for a bit at one point. Just get to the end and go looking, small naquadah ore isn't that rare. Plus with Thaumcraft you can produce the stuff from uranium anyway.
You are completely off your rocker if you think it's appropriate game balance to require naquadah as a prerequisite to being able to energize a node. Jesus fucking christ.

Reactions: Aiwendil

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Isnt naquadah end-game stuff, and energizing nodes like mid game?
I couldn't remember, so I had to go track down experts on the matter.

The picture I'm getting is that naquadah dust is an ultra-rare low-tier material. You need virtually no tech to get it, you just need to be able to find the damn stuff. While I'm not sure whether or not that makes it appropriate for a node transducer gate, I'm also not certain it should be considered "end game" material.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Energized nodes are mid-game thaumcraft tech. They should be late MV, early HV stuff going on here if you want to relate it to GT. Naquadah is near end game stuff.

Naquadah is actually really rare in the wild. It doesn't really spawn in the end anymore, if it all. That's been changed. And that was if people even have access to the end with HQEE. Just because a team of 8 veteran people can rush the ender dragon in a couple of days doesn't mean that every player ought to be expected to kill the ender dragon prior to midgame. And you certainly shouldn't balance mid-game gear around reaching GC asteroids.

And certainly you can transmute Uranium to Naquadah. All it takes is researching the vast majority of the thaumonomicon, getting insane levels of warp, opening the eye, fighting through an eldritch dungeon that can be more deadly than the End, and then doing it again. Implying that someone that is doing Thaumcraft is going to be ready to transmute uranium into naquadah prior to having an energized node is just plain silly, and frankly disingenuous of Xavion.

The Node Transducer should have never had EV wires in it either. It's just simply not EV or end game gear. And it hasn't been like this for "a while" now. In the 3.1.x version it was still a vanilla TC recipe of a node stabilizer, nitor, iron ingots, a redstone comparator, and a couple redstone dust. That was a while ago. 3.2.x is barely a month old yet.

Regardless, I'm done playing InfiTech2 until some of this ridiculous crap is sorted out. Hopefully that happens because I've really enjoyed this modpack for the past several years. Now, not at all.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Regardless, I'm done playing InfiTech2 until some of this ridiculous crap is sorted out. Hopefully that happens because I've really enjoyed this modpack for the past several years. Now, not at all.
Sadly I read this part first before I started the entire comment, so I'm not gonna bother going through the rest.

Bye.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Energized nodes are mid-game thaumcraft tech. They should be late MV, early HV stuff going on here if you want to relate it to GT. Naquadah is near end game stuff.
They are, even when they had EV wiring in them they were. The difference is this makes them late MV with a very rare resource as opposed to early HV with rare resource. Not really sure how you'd argue mid-game, they're one of the most late-game things in there that isn't in the eldritch tab, and also the gate to the focal manipulator (which is pretty much the only meaningful thing they are needed for). There's a couple of others like boosted crystallizers or the infernal furnace without ignis essentia but those are merely boosts to already functioning items, they're damn near useless for charging a wand compared to the really solid options of things like bees. Naquadah is used for endgame stuff and the ingots are mid-late HV yeah, but just because something is used for lategame stuff it doesn't make the acquisition of the material in raw form endgame in itself, it's a lot easier to do things like collect iridium or tungstate ore than it is to actually use iridium or tungsten.
Naquadah is actually really rare in the wild. It doesn't really spawn in the end anymore, if it all. That's been changed. And that was if people even have access to the end with HQEE. Just because a team of 8 veteran people can rush the ender dragon in a couple of days doesn't mean that every player ought to be expected to kill the ender dragon prior to midgame. And you certainly shouldn't balance mid-game gear around reaching GC asteroids.
So late MV early HV is midgame? I mean maybe it's in the middle of progression sure but if you can't deal with the dragon by that point you're probably doing something wrong or giving absolutely no care to combat, because it should absolutely be within your capabilities by then. It should spawn in the end too, at least the small ore should, swear I've found some while checking around the end for testing things in creative.
And certainly you can transmute Uranium to Naquadah. All it takes is researching the vast majority of the thaumonomicon, getting insane levels of warp, opening the eye, fighting through an eldritch dungeon that can be more deadly than the End, and then doing it again. Implying that someone that is doing Thaumcraft is going to be ready to transmute uranium into naquadah prior to having an energized node is just plain silly, and frankly disingenuous of Xavion.
Ah yeah, there should be two method of turning uranium to naquadah, one requires all of that, the other stops at about step 0.5. You need a good bit of warp sure but that doesn't require anything close to the vast majority of the thaumonomicon and you only need void seeds for naquadah, primordial pearls just offer a simpler alternative with higher raw resource cost. It requires basically all of the transmutations but that's just one tab and not even all of that. It's harder than going to the end and finding naquadah, but it's not the basically finished thaumcraft and definitely does not require primordial pearls or opening the eye.

The Node Transducer should have never had EV wires in it either. It's just simply not EV or end game gear. And it hasn't been like this for "a while" now. In the 3.1.x version it was still a vanilla TC recipe of a node stabilizer, nitor, iron ingots, a redstone comparator, and a couple redstone dust. That was a while ago. 3.2.x is barely a month old yet.
Feels like longer, maybe because it was for me as that recipe has been there for quite a while, EV wiring doesn't need EV anyway, it's just used for that. The only EV things are the osmotic enchanter - and that was a close call away from being disabled - and the HV magic generators which is a lowering of the cost iirc, not that they aren't good anyway. I could add an alternate recipe, but if being early HV is disliked while being recommended within the same post that says it's a stupid idea I'm really not sure what to go off.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I have a question to anyone who knows the Railcraft boilers: Is 4 stacks of Abyssal stone considered enough to make a decent solid-fueled boiler setup or should i go back later for more? :D

I came across the stone whilst caving, looked it up, figured that's probably worth having so grabbed some of it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

7 items per firebox, and you need up to 9 of fireboxes.. Not sure if the boiler tank recipes inlcude abyssal stone.
9 fireboxes, steel 36 tank items = 720 steam/tick
quite awesome amount.
As Mikhail said, 63 Abyssal stone for a 9 firebox solid boiler, so four stacks is plenty for a long while, either for a 4 x 36 LP setup or HP setup.

Personally I like LP more due to it being more fuel efficient than HP... at least prior to a good automatic farm... the HP or LP tanks don't have stone as part of the recipe, just two plates of either iron, LP, or steel, HP... so per "resource" it's more efficient to use steel, but per "fuel" it's more efficient for the LP setup... and since steel is a no-loss upgrade from iron you could easily start out with a 36 iron boiler, then upgrade it later on :)