[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Maybe asked already by someone, but I wonder is there some method to 'farm' redstone without using mob farm/ic crops/bees?

You could mine at the level for GregTech redstone ores, or search for Magic Bees hives which usually contain clumps of vanilla redstone around them. Apart from that, it's either go tech up and build a powered spawner or become a Witch Hunter at night for the chance they'll drop some redstone as one of their loot drops.

As others have said, there's always the Nether if you don't care about being shot at by Ghasts and fending off other hostile mobs in the Nether. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can someone remind me what the hell you get from centrifuging lava? I seem to recall tungsten is a product but I can't remember the rest. Gold? Something else?

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone remind me what the hell you get from centrifuging lava? I seem to recall tungsten is a product but I can't remember the rest. Gold? Something else?
Silver and copper also. Maybe gold. I used this method of getting silver when i couldnt locate any Galena veins.

R

Rogash

small sulfur; I'vemachinethrough lv up to first MV machines untill I've found first sulfur vein..
however chemical reactor & solidifier or assembler are very important (much more important then they were before)

Also centrifuging netherrack dusts
Okay thanks...so my first lv machine will be a centrifuge and no bending machine

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as Dark Steel Ore in this modpack? I think NEI is lying to me or Jason has really overdone it with the oregen. Dark Steel Ore isn't even listed in the GregTech achievements page so I don't know what's up with that! :D

It even had all of the centrifuged/dusts/cracked versions listed.

Looks like a configuration error to me! The only valid recipes which I can still see for Dark Steel are either to macerate Dark Steel items or to combine Obsidian Dust and Electrical Steel in a Blast Furnace to get it. This is on 3.2.3.1 or whatever version just got released.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as Dark Steel Ore in this modpack? I think NEI is lying to me or Jason has really overdone it with the oregen. Dark Steel Ore isn't even listed in the GregTech achievements page so I don't know what's up with that! :D

It even had all of the centrifuged/dusts/cracked versions listed.

Looks like a configuration error to me! The only valid recipes which I can still see for Dark Steel are either to macerate Dark Steel items or to combine Obsidian Dust and Electrical Steel in a Blast Furnace to get it. This is on 3.2.3.1 or whatever version just got released.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
There definitely should not be any dark steel ore. In fact, there will be a lot of ores in NEI that GT automatically registers but won't exist.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
There definitely should not be any dark steel ore. In fact, there will be a lot of ores in NEI that GT automatically registers but won't exist.
I think there are quite a lot of ores that gregtech don't register, but still generate sometimes.. Like that Pylons in the woods, Can't find the posts to refer it here, but I 100% remember seeing those screenies. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think there are quite a lot of ores that gregtech don't register, but still generate sometimes.. Like that Pylons in the woods, Can't find the posts to refer it here, but I 100% remember seeing those screenies. :)
Not sure what you mean by pylons in the woods, that sounds like a bug.

But GT registers a ton of weird things that you'll never actually see in the pack. That's perfectly normal. Ideally we'd filter them out somehow so they didn't cause confusion, but I dunno if there's any means to do so.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Yeah, I figure Jason normally would just hide such items, because they just suddenly show up out of nowhere. I know a wild goose chase when I see one! :D

I have enough trouble remembering what ores I need to hunt for to get copper and tin. All these extra ores just make me go "huh"? I report them so Jason can fix those he can.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
In endermans new fashion - wear on pig's head

---------
Sorry for my english

Attachments

• 2016-04-02_08.05.19.png
    2016-04-02_08.05.19.png
    726 KB · Views: 74
R

Rogash

Confirmed. Went to Y-10, went 350 blocks before finding sulfur (ran into two limonite veins in between as a bonus)
Yep same for me 2h in the nether found tetrahedrite limonite and a huge sulfur vein

Last edited: