[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I figure Jason normally would just hide such items, because they just suddenly show up out of nowhere. I know a wild goose chase when I see one! :D

I have enough trouble remembering what ores I need to hunt for to get copper and tin. All these extra ores just make me go "huh"? I report them so Jason can fix those he can.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
GT should hide the not generated ores by itself since the last update. The ~2800 ores in NEI got down to ~100.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Added most large turbine materials to the document. Surprisingly Fluxed electrum is among the best materials you can use. The only downside is the low durability however if the recycling of turbines could be automated somehow they would be extremly good. Other than that both HSS-S and tungstencarbide are very all round with both nice efficiency, durability and output.

Osmium is actually awesome as a turbine material however i dont think its likely you can make a lot of turbines out of that.

A lot of the high efficiency materials have a problem with low output.

The problem with that can very clearly be seen when you check the turbines per 1000 eu/t and material cost per 1000eu/t.

If the output is very low the cost per output quickly becomes very large as you need a lot of turbines to reach a decent output.

Last edited:

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
One of the players on the Official Public Server says that some of his Thaumcraft research has dissappeared. He had it researched, and now he does not. He has the pre-requisites, but when he tried to research it again, it says he does not. Here is a screenshot showing an example: http://imgje.com/u/2016/04/02_b51K.png

Any ideas?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to reconsider the use of pneumaticraft circuits for most Open Computers components? A large portion of Thaumcraft is now gated behind Pneumaticraft. On an 8 person team, not a single person is keen on doing anything with that mod.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Would it be possible to reconsider the use of pneumaticraft circuits for most Open Computers components? A large portion of Thaumcraft is now gated behind Pneumaticraft. On an 8 person team, not a single person is keen on doing anything with that mod.
Why? I'm surprised nobody's up to that challenge.

Reactions: lafflam

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Why? I'm surprised nobody's up to that challenge.
Nobody likes the mod in our group as far as I can tell. And it's yet another thing we need to much around with oil to accomplish. We're already burnt out on oil processing from all the advanced circuit board stuff in GT now.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Just to check what you mean by large portion, can you give a few examples? The only things I can think of are the two upgrade golems, maybe the use core, and the girdle, and the girdle is changing to an easier recipe.

Some of the changes in Thaumcraft were specifically chosen to try and make you find out about more stuff, some were not, having to look at pneumaticraft or open computers before you can get the more advanced automation shouldn't be that bad. Besides, pneumaticraft has the most OP furnace fuel in the game, LPG is refined from oil and a bucket of the stuff will smelt 4500 items iirc. Should last over 12 hours in a furnace, of course as you get more advanced furnaces that matters less but still nifty.

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019

I second this. I wanted to mess around with Computers this weekend but changed my mind after I found out I'd have to build some PneumatiCraft infrastructure. I mean, it's obvious that GregTech progression is required for progression in other mods - that's what this pack is about and why I play it - but I don't like gating ''supporting'' mods behind other ''supporting'' mods. GT has it's own Circuit Board(s) why not have OC use those?

Caldyen

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get the QDS to accept fluids for a couple quests. In 'Water From the Sky'. I've selected the task, and right-clicked so the mushroom symbols are on the QDS, and placed it next to my RC Water Tank. The tank empties out in a flash, but no progress is given for the quest. For 'Better Steam Storage' I cannot get a GT pipe to hook to the QDS. Running 3.2.3.1 in SMP.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
What PneumatiCraft can do, that other mods cant anyway? I watched some YouTube vids, and i got impression that its "just another" industrial mod. Every machine this mod got to offer could be replaced with IC2/GT machine. So, why bother?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Not in this modpack :(
You realise you linked to a commit about recycling recipes while replying to a comment about hiding unused ores right? In fact directly below that and visible in the commit is a config option for HideUnusedOres which is set to true.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I can't seem to get the QDS to accept fluids for a couple quests. In 'Water From the Sky'. I've selected the task, and right-clicked so the mushroom symbols are on the QDS, and placed it next to my RC Water Tank. The tank empties out in a flash, but no progress is given for the quest. For 'Better Steam Storage' I cannot get a GT pipe to hook to the QDS. Running 3.2.3.1 in SMP.
The GT pipes won't connect since the QDS isn't a tank, but you can work around it by placing a pump component on the pipe side facing the QDS.
If you select the quest, then right-click the QDS you can't pick it up without resetting the QDS, the quest assignment isn't saved on pickup...

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
After 3.2.3.1 update, some of my TC researches deactivated.
http://pix.my/Yig3k3sn
I can view them, their recipes; but i cant progress past them.
I tried re-research them - no use.
I tried to give myself research through commands - no use, i get the notification that i got the research, but nothing actually happens.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
After 3.2.3.1 update, some of my TC researches deactivated.
http://pix.my/Yig3k3sn
I can view them, their recipes; but i cant progress past them.
I tried re-research them - no use.
I tried to give myself research through commands - no use, i get the notification that i got the research, but nothing actually happens.
Make a copy of your world, remove playerdata/<nickname>.thaum, <nickname>.thaumback, add your researched items & points via console. Theoretically should work.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Is this an april fool's joke btw?
DEQp8dO.png

This sort of thing frustrates the living hell out of me, but I can manage. What do you think a newer player to the modpack is going to do when they see something like this? Quit is the likely response.