[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
If possible i would like a clarification on the turbines. Is the nominal flow the same regardless if you use SHS or steam or is it rather the EU output that is constant?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
They are, even when they had EV wiring in them they were. The difference is this makes them late MV with a very rare resource as opposed to early HV with rare resource. Not really sure how you'd argue mid-game, they're one of the most late-game things in there that isn't in the eldritch tab, and also the gate to the focal manipulator (which is pretty much the only meaningful thing they are needed for). There's a couple of others like boosted crystallizers or the infernal furnace without ignis essentia but those are merely boosts to already functioning items, they're damn near useless for charging a wand compared to the really solid options of things like bees. Naquadah is used for endgame stuff and the ingots are mid-late HV yeah, but just because something is used for lategame stuff it doesn't make the acquisition of the material in raw form endgame in itself, it's a lot easier to do things like collect iridium or tungstate ore than it is to actually use iridium or tungsten.

So late MV early HV is midgame? I mean maybe it's in the middle of progression sure but if you can't deal with the dragon by that point you're probably doing something wrong or giving absolutely no care to combat, because it should absolutely be within your capabilities by then. It should spawn in the end too, at least the small ore should, swear I've found some while checking around the end for testing things in creative.

Ah yeah, there should be two method of turning uranium to naquadah, one requires all of that, the other stops at about step 0.5. You need a good bit of warp sure but that doesn't require anything close to the vast majority of the thaumonomicon and you only need void seeds for naquadah, primordial pearls just offer a simpler alternative with higher raw resource cost. It requires basically all of the transmutations but that's just one tab and not even all of that. It's harder than going to the end and finding naquadah, but it's not the basically finished thaumcraft and definitely does not require primordial pearls or opening the eye.

Feels like longer, maybe because it was for me as that recipe has been there for quite a while, EV wiring doesn't need EV anyway, it's just used for that. The only EV things are the osmotic enchanter - and that was a close call away from being disabled - and the HV magic generators which is a lowering of the cost iirc, not that they aren't good anyway. I could add an alternate recipe, but if being early HV is disliked while being recommended within the same post that says it's a stupid idea I'm really not sure what to go off.

I second Dlur on his opinion, even though I haven't touched TC in 3.2. Naquadah requirement just doesn't make sense. Why include something super, and I mean super rare and endgame (I'm talking about its usage, not processing tier) to a thing like Node Transducer? This recipe is do dumb too - hv machine parts and RAW naquadah dust? You clearly just threw random rare stuff just for the sake of more grind.

Reactions: Dlur100

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I second Dlur on his opinion, even though I haven't touched TC in 3.2. Naquadah requirement just doesn't make sense. Why include something super, and I mean super rare and endgame (I'm talking about its usage, not processing tier) to a thing like Node Transducer? This recipe is do dumb too - hv machine parts and RAW naquadah dust? You clearly just threw random rare stuff just for the sake of more grind.
You could argue that, you'd be wrong but you could say that, naquadah dust was originally chosen as one of the most reliable methods of making something require the end in a way that isn't inane like including some random HEE dust. Special dust with incredible energy harnessing properties that requires significant effort to circumvent the need for the end? Sure why not. Even the sensor and emitter weren't chosen without any care, as more techy components capable of capturing and emitting energy. The super endgame uses for naquadah are the kind of thing you'd want the actual veins for too, not just scavenging small ores from the end, the really super endgame use for the stuff requires small mountains of the stuff after all.

Really the only things I'd consider possibly too grindy are a couple like the crystallizer, some things might be gated a bit further than they deserve but that's not really grind.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Which items do I need to use to produce scrap?
I know wood plank works, I used it to clear the quest... though I dunno all the things you can scrap, I thought the scrap-recipes weren't hidden in this version?

Reactions: Astrik

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
Is Distillation Tower supposed to output the same liquid from the same Output Hatch (=the same height) everytime? It seems to do so mostly, but every once in a while I get 125mb of Water stuck in my Biogas piping.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Jason, will blue alloy wires no longer be available with the removal of "Blue Power" Teslatite or will we be able to make the wires from "Project Red" Electrotine ingots?

Edit; maybe either have
4 electrotine dust + 1 silver = blue alloy ingot or
1 silver + 1 electrotine ingot = 1 blue alloy ingot

Advantage of the first is that it's closer to the previous recipe of 4 teslatite + 1 silver = 1 blue alloy.

Second recipe is slightly more expensive per wire, but not prohibitively so. The second recipe is better in some ways, atleast if electrotine ingots are going to be included in recipes... otherwise it's an unneccesary step, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daur

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
They are, even when they had EV wiring in them they were. The difference is this makes them late MV with a very rare resource as opposed to early HV with rare resource. Not really sure how you'd argue mid-game, they're one of the most late-game things in there that isn't in the eldritch tab, and also the gate to the focal manipulator (which is pretty much the only meaningful thing they are needed for). There's a couple of others like boosted crystallizers or the infernal furnace without ignis essentia but those are merely boosts to already functioning items, they're damn near useless for charging a wand compared to the really solid options of things like bees. Naquadah is used for endgame stuff and the ingots are mid-late HV yeah, but just because something is used for lategame stuff it doesn't make the acquisition of the material in raw form endgame in itself, it's a lot easier to do things like collect iridium or tungstate ore than it is to actually use iridium or tungsten.

The number one reason to energize a node in mid-game (personally it's early game if you ask me) Thaumcraft is to be able to put a Vis Charge Relay on top of your Arcane Workbench so that you don't need to run around all over hell and back to charge up your wand every single time you need to craft anything. Certainly there's a wand recharge pedestal for recharging wands also, but that requires the acquisition of multiple high quality nodes in order to be even as remotely effective as a Vis Charge Relay running off of continuously regenerating cVis. Magic Bees such as Rejuvenating and Empowering are absolutely fantastic and frankly a bit overpowered, but they're not any sort of reasonable solution to recharging wands in the early game. Finding Attuned bees is as much of a crapshoot as finding Naquadah. I started playing this pack because it was about problem solving and skillful design. Now it seems that a World of Warcraft esque grind for ultra rare items has been introduced into the progression. It doesn't belong here. Time does not make something difficult, it just makes it tedious and less enjoyable.

Perhaps the Focal Manipulator manipulator should be gated, that's fine and understandable. It's a very powerful tool...more powerful than the individual wand foci themselves in their stock form. Yet somehow the Focal Manipulator is still a stock Thaumcraft Recipe. That could be changed to some EV recipe component or ultra rare component, fine. But changing and gating things like Node Stabilizers and Node Transducers that are so fundamental to the Thaumcraft experience, theme, and progression is unwarranted.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The number one reason to energize a node in mid-game (personally it's early game if you ask me) Thaumcraft is to be able to put a Vis Charge Relay on top of your Arcane Workbench so that you don't need to run around all over hell and back to charge up your wand every single time you need to craft anything.
Plausible.

Certainly there's a wand recharge pedestal for recharging wands also, but that requires the acquisition of multiple high quality nodes in order to be even as remotely effective as a Vis Charge Relay running off of continuously regenerating cVis.
This is actually a terrible argument. I have 8 nodes in my base for exactly this reason. If people could just get energized nodes early, nobody would ever go through this standard part of TC progression. You're proposing adding a system where people don't have to do this, when the ability to capture and improve nodes was generated precisely for this purpose.

Is it perfect? No, its your early thaumcraft solution which you're expected to use (for a long time) until you can develop a super solution.

Magic Bees such as Rejuvenating and Empowering are absolutely fantastic and frankly a bit overpowered, but they're not any sort of reasonable solution to recharging wands in the early game. Finding Attuned bees is as much of a crapshoot as finding Naquadah. I started playing this pack because it was about problem solving and skillful design.
People like me are also terrified of attempting to look at bees, so its a good thing its not our only method of regenerating wands.

Perhaps the Focal Manipulator manipulator should be gated, that's fine and understandable. It's a very powerful tool...more powerful than the individual wand foci themselves in their stock form. Yet somehow the Focal Manipulator is still a stock Thaumcraft Recipe. That could be changed to some EV recipe component or ultra rare component, fine. But changing and gating things like Node Stabilizers and Node Transducers that are so fundamental to the Thaumcraft experience, theme, and progression is unwarranted.
I have no particular public opinion on this matter.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
The number one reason to energize a node in mid-game (personally it's early game if you ask me) Thaumcraft is to be able to put a Vis Charge Relay on top of your Arcane Workbench so that you don't need to run around all over hell and back to charge up your wand every single time you need to craft anything. Certainly there's a wand recharge pedestal for recharging wands also, but that requires the acquisition of multiple high quality nodes in order to be even as remotely effective as a Vis Charge Relay running off of continuously regenerating cVis. Magic Bees such as Rejuvenating and Empowering are absolutely fantastic and frankly a bit overpowered, but they're not any sort of reasonable solution to recharging wands in the early game. Finding Attuned bees is as much of a crapshoot as finding Naquadah. I started playing this pack because it was about problem solving and skillful design. Now it seems that a World of Warcraft esque grind for ultra rare items has been introduced into the progression. It doesn't belong here. Time does not make something difficult, it just makes it tedious and less enjoyable.

you can have X nodes in stabilizers with the Wand Recharge Pedestal instead.

F

FutureCode

Thaumcraft is an excellent exploring and secret-finding mod, which focus less on tech tree progression.

IMO energized nodes can be compared to fusion reactors, which provides free, constant and MASSIVE amount of energy. I say massive because you can hardly make full use of it, unless you delve deep into the mod and build quite a lot of end game energy consumers, just like what you do to a fusion reactor.

Not quite sure why Azanor decides that the transducer is an early game item.

D

DenlaDen

Hello. Cant create a coke oven..
Help me please.

Attachments

• 2016-04-03_20.05.52.png
    2016-04-03_20.05.52.png
    242 KB · Views: 54
D

DenlaDen

Recipe got changed with 3.2 update. You need Mixer to make Wet Coke Oven Brick which you then turn to regular Coke Oven Brick in furnace. If you don't have electricity yet (for the Mixer) use the Charcoal pit. NEI is your friend.

Omg =) Thx !!!
When electricity is needed to be an oven?

faradiel

Jul 29, 2019
So late MV early HV is midgame? I mean maybe it's in the middle of progression sure but if you can't deal with the dragon by that point you're probably doing something wrong or giving absolutely no care to combat, because it should absolutely be within your capabilities by then. It should spawn in the end too, at least the small ore should, swear I've found some while checking around the end for testing things in creative.

Are you playing on easy or hard ?

edit: Because i want to know your equipement to kill him

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Are you playing on easy or hard ?

edit: Because i want to know your equipement to kill him
I did it on normal with full-blown Thaumic armor (all items 5x shields), thaumcraft bow with infinity, maximum power and repair and thaumic harness..
However you don't need actually to kill the dragon to get Naqua. Just grab a hand mirror, jump into end, mine some and drop your naqua into it. Invisibility potion is helpful to avoid endermen, but dragon would hunt you down, so you'll have to have a nice armor and nice fast tool, which you would be prepared to lose. If you have a friend, you can ask him to run around poking the dragon so it would hunt them instead of you, while you'll mine happily.
Since you only need 2 dusts to make the needed stuff, you'll be fine even on your own if you're fast enough.

Last edited:

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I thought in order for portal back to overworld, dragon must be killed.
Yes, but if you die, with the price of all of your items on you (except whatever you'll shove into mirror), you'll respawn in Overworld.
So minimum looses if you're fast & lucky is just a hand mirror.