[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got the distilation tower up and running, however i ran into a problem im quite sure is a bug. As i mentioned it before i run the distillation tower on sulfuric acid and methane gas from the cracking process, however for some reason after a while the multiblock stopped consuming power, so methane and sulfuric acid is building up without getting consumed. Anyone have any idea why this is? Basically the process is running for free. The setup i have is 1 gas turbine connected to a battery buffer with 1 rechargable battery and 3 with sulfuric acid that is connected with the power inlet with 1 cable

http://prntscr.com/ae8btk

Edit: The problem appears when i have the gas turbine connected to the battery buffer with sulfuric acid batteries, when i connected the turbine directly to the cable instead of the battery buffer it works fine

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Advanced backback doens't seem to re-charge any kind fo gregtech electrical tools.. I'd love to stay with gt tools instead of advanced ones, but I miss the ability to re-charge them on the go. What could you recommend guys?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's a bit off-topic, but..

I just fixed my dead graphics card for the 3rd time by backing it in the oven. BOOOYAH
No need to spend money for a new GPU if you can put the old one in 200C for 10 minutes :D

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Fuck this.... Spend 6 hours today working on stuff... and guess what... for some reason it did not saved, broke everything. So I need to spend another 6 hours to get that back in... That means, no update this weekend.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Advanced backback doens't seem to re-charge any kind fo gregtech electrical tools.. I'd love to stay with gt tools instead of advanced ones, but I miss the ability to re-charge them on the go. What could you recommend guys?
Hav eyou tryed right clicking with your GT Tool? I'm using Advanced Nano Chestplate at the moment and that's what i do. Should work the same lappack, etc

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Fuck this.... Spend 6 hours today working on stuff... and guess what... for some reason it did not saved, broke everything. So I need to spend another 6 hours to get that back in... That means, no update this weekend.

Very sorry to hear this, Jason. Maybe it's because I killed a Jason_McCray in my world a few hours ago. Even though I knew it was just some AI mob, I nevertheless hesitated before counter-attacking.

Reactions: lafflam

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's a bit off-topic, but..

I just fixed my dead graphics card for the 3rd time by backing it in the oven. BOOOYAH
No need to spend money for a new GPU if you can put the old one in 200C for 10 minutes :D

Whoa. First time I heard of this. Gives a new meaning to "baking it in".

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: The problem appears when i have the gas turbine connected to the battery buffer with sulfuric acid batteries, when i connected the turbine directly to the cable instead of the battery buffer it works fine

Yeah. Not logged in now to verify, but I believe sulfuric are non-rechargeable / 1-time-use / disposable / not-work-in-that-application.

You should be able to make Lithium batteries at your tech. level.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to hear that. Hope this helps...
1. We really appreciate your hard work and dedication to your modpack.
2. Sometimes it is better to unplug than get burned out. Your schedule and sanity count more than our desire to start playing 3.2, so please don't feel rushed. If delaying it a week makes your life a little better, so be it.
3. Here, take a cookie. By the time you finish it, you'll feel right as rain :)

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Not logged in now to verify, but I believe sulfuric are non-rechargeable / 1-time-use / disposable / not-work-in-that-application.

You should be able to make Lithium batteries at your tech. level.

You missunderstood the problem i'm having. The battery buffer had 3 acid batteries and 1 lithium so there was no problem with the setup itself. However the gas turbines behave very weird at times and sometimes it stops consuming fuel and blocks the acid batteries from sending power. Basically the distillery runs but i have no change in battery level on either acid batteries or the lithium battery while im consuming no methane in the gas turbine. So im getting some weird infinite power loop. Im still getting it now that ive connected the gas turbine directly to the cable in front of the battery buffer so not sure what to make of it. Its a bit annoing since when it happens i start overflowing on sulfuric acid since it wont get spent.

I feel you Jason, forgot to mend a hole just above ALL of my machines and basically all of my LV, MV and HV GT machines and most of my tools was turned into a crater when it started raining. Took me 1½ hour to fix most of it in creative :( I was basically back to bronze age :p

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
You missunderstood the problem i'm having. The battery buffer had 3 acid batteries and 1 lithium so there was no problem with the setup itself. However the gas turbines behave very weird at times and sometimes it stops consuming fuel and blocks the acid batteries from sending power. Basically the distillery runs but i have no change in battery level on either acid batteries or the lithium battery while im consuming no methane in the gas turbine. So im getting some weird infinite power loop. Im still getting it now that ive connected the gas turbine directly to the cable in front of the battery buffer so not sure what to make of it. Its a bit annoing since when it happens i start overflowing on sulfuric acid since it wont get spent.

I'm quite sure you shouldn't place a single-use batteries into battery box that is being hooked up to some generator. just 2c. no idea about the infinite loop reasons tho.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed no problems from having 1 lithium and 3 acid batteries actually, when it was actually working it makes sure that most of the energy will be taken from the acid batteries as they all share the output. if i wanted to have a larger share on acid i could do so with a larger battery buffer and more acid batteries.

Centrifuging lava for tungsten now and im starting to realise its gonna take quite a lot of lava. What is the best solution to get a large amount of lava without to much work, ender pump? Also i think all my tin, gold and copper mining days are over :p

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I feel you Jason, forgot to mend a hole just above ALL of my machines and basically all of my LV, MV and HV GT machines and most of my tools was turned into a crater when it started raining. Took me 1½ hour to fix most of it in creative :( I was basically back to bronze age :p
Well forgetting something is totally different. I did not forgot anything. Minecraft just said nope, I am going to just break for no real reason and you can do shit about it.
Well... Played a little bit of Subnautica and feeling bit better. Will resume the finishing touches tomorrow. No promisses I will make a release tomorrow. It might be moved to next weekend.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Something that makes me worried.

U6QkVRA.png'

First time I see this kind of talk from small guys, lol.

I've clicked through the guy for like 10 times, out of that there were ~3 nice puns (ctulhu speech, "I hate you", "I don't know thing about golem uprising"), other ones were mundane "I'll protect this area"

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to craft an speed upgrade from pneumaticraft but it uses a "lubricant cell" different from the one in gt5, but acording to NEI both are made the same way. The recipe for the upgrade uses the id:5672:30724 but u only get the one with the id:4235 no matter how u craft it, any idea?

Thanks!

A

ArchAngelThomas

Hello everyone.

I am brand new to this pack, been playing modded minecraft for a while, but always wanted to give gregtech a go. Just starting out this weekend, and obviously, running into a few hurdles. My biggest problem, is trying to find the veins I need. I managed to find Copper, Tin, Coal, and Iron, pretty much by random exploration, but is there a specific way to go about hunting down the veins you need? I realize they spawn large amounts of ore in one general area, and at certain elevations (i have a link showing me the elevations) but I'm still having difficulty finding things like redstone and diamonds, lapis, etc.

Any tips one the best method of hunting down the different ore veins?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone.

I am brand new to this pack, been playing modded minecraft for a while, but always wanted to give gregtech a go. Just starting out this weekend, and obviously, running into a few hurdles. My biggest problem, is trying to find the veins I need. I managed to find Copper, Tin, Coal, and Iron, pretty much by random exploration, but is there a specific way to go about hunting down the veins you need? I realize they spawn large amounts of ore in one general area, and at certain elevations (i have a link showing me the elevations) but I'm still having difficulty finding things like redstone and diamonds, lapis, etc.

Any tips one the best method of hunting down the different ore veins?

Make the "Gregtech Ore Guide" book, and it will give you better information on how Veins spawn for this pack.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Also going into thaumcraft transmutation really helps as you can then quickly fix ore doubbling for the more regular metals and skip certain veins by duplicating the contents of the small veins. You can also make steel nuggets

The ores you need to find to get into electric age is copper (tetrahedite, calcopyrite) tin , iron, redstone, antimony ( inbetween tetrahedite veins), lead (make do with small veins on high altitude or galena ore). A difficult one is lithium or sodium for batteries, most likely you will have to make a LV centrifuge to centrifuge dirty dusts from leopodolite for tiny piles of lithium. leopodolite is found in salt veins

If you get stuck on something this is the right place to go :)

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
The method I love and use currently, for finding new ores, is an ic2 miner w/ basic scaner (OD scanner I think). I plant one of theese with a nice batterybuffer somewhere I never been before, chunkload it, then just get back to it half-an-hour later to see what did it find.
before you get to it, you can use Arcane bore from Thaumcraft to do basically the same thing.

H

Herrminator1994

I'm getting massive block lag which seems to be coming from my golem tree farm. I'm using 2 by 2 fir, with a lamp of growth.