[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
"Useful" means "full of use", "full" is spelled "full" not "ful". Duh

The serious explanation is that my native language isn't English and sometimes I mispell words, anyway I can't remember being corrected for spelling "useful" wrong and I got the impresion I was spelling it right.
Your English is exceptional, and better than most native speakers, good job sir :)

Reactions: RealKC

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I encountered a strange bug with the ore generation.
Basically, in every world I generate, the vanilla redstone ores (minecraft:redstone_ore) get spawned. (Counted up to 400 blocks of redstone per 4x4 chunks).
Adding to that, even small clusters of glowstone get spawned in the overworld.

The GT redstone ore (gregtech:gt.blockores:810) veins still spawn, like expected.

I checked through all configs, but there is no option that would allude to this behaviour...
As to my knowing, GT should disable all of vanilla ore gen and only spawn their own variants , right?

It's not a bug. Vanilla redstone ore or glowstone blocks spawn deep underground near some of the 'special' beehives.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It's not a bug. Vanilla redstone ore or glowstone blocks spawn deep underground near some of the 'special' beehives.
This was my thought as well, but he mentioned more redstone than I figured the beehive clusters could account for (400 "blocks" of redstone in 16 chunks)

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
HM.based on my experience of deep-mining, the beehive block can be surrounded by up to 2 lines of redstone which gives 63 blocks (maximum) (4x4x4 cube minus central block). Of course it is less usually, so let's say 20 blocks of redstone around bee hive. Which gives 20 deep hives per 16 chunks. Not sure if that is too high.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
This was my thought as well, but he mentioned more redstone than I figured the beehive clusters could account for (400 "blocks" of redstone in 16 chunks)

I remember finding 3 hives in pretty close vicinity, each with 15-20 blocks of redstone ore, so if he's lucky there can be 400 blocks in 16 chunks.

Clearblocks command is probably the best way to check if it's oregen bug or bee thing.

A great way to get a look at how GT oregen operates is to make a random SSP world and use /cofh clearblocks to reveal everything so you can fly around and see how it works, how large they are on average, etc.

Here's the list I use (there's a character limit for text input which is why I have to break it up into multiple):
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 *fluid *tree *repl *stone *sand *dirt *plant *fire
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 chisel:marble chisel:limestone BigReactors:YelloriteOre
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 chisel:granite chisel:diorite chisel:andesite
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 gregtech:gt.blockgranites Thaumcraft:blockCustomOre

Replace "<username>" with your in-game name, no brackets. This will reveal a 256-radius area around your location. Unfortunately the GT small ores cannot be removed or else the view of GT ore distribution would be even better. Most other blocks will be removed. Use NEI Data Dump to get mod:item names if you wish to add more blocks to the list. Vanilla minecraft items do not need to use the "Minecraft:" prefix.

More info here: http://teamcofh.com/docs/cofh-core/features/commands/index.html

(Don't do it in your current world. Make a copy or generate new one to test it.)

Reactions: Pyure
S

Sacaros

14114068.jpg

Holy crap, no wonder you always managed to get copper and iron with ease. These veins are absolutely massive!

As a side note, how do you remove sandstone? Couldn't remove it with commands listed before.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
So I made some Neutronium. And without really thinking it through I macerated an ingot into dust. I then tossed it into a scanner to create a data orb.

I'm not sure how long it will take for 3.2 to hit, but I'm going to guess that it will be less than the 118 days that this dust will take to scan :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So I made some Neutronium. And without really thinking it through I macerated an ingot into dust. I then tossed it into a scanner to create a data orb.

I'm not sure how long it will take for 3.2 to hit, but I'm going to guess that it will be less than the 118 days that this dust will take to scan :)
Not if Jason ETA's are anything like @Eyamaz with Blood N Bones. (@Eyamaz i sure hope you do read this comment! :p)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, anyone else tryed the Industrial Grafter? I play with Hardcore Gregtech (need the right tool for the right blocks) and my Industrial Grafter won't harvest pollinated leaves. Normal grafter works fine.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Grats Dlur on Neutronium! I remember it needs 30 days to scan in an IV scanner, i also calculated the plasma needed. But with 3.2 closing in i thought thats irrelevant anyway...

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Is that Minecraft days? If it is, then it will take approximately 15-16 RL hours to scan it. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, is it possible to automatically replace batteries in battery buffer? I wanted to build a railway and I've setup a small base far away to which I want to send fresh batteries there via train. But no item pipe I tried seem to be able to pull the batteries out of the buffer. Is it somehow not counted as an inventory? Is there maybe an alternative block/machine capable of recharging batteries? Thanks!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi, is it possible to automatically replace batteries in battery buffer? I wanted to build a railway and I've setup a small base far away to which I want to send fresh batteries there via train. But no item pipe I tried seem to be able to pull the batteries out of the buffer. Is it somehow not counted as an inventory? Is there maybe an alternative block/machine capable of recharging batteries? Thanks!
I think this is not possible because it would allow you to transport energy without wireloss.

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is not possible because it would allow you to transport energy without wireloss.
Yeah, that makes sense. I just recalled that there are IC2 MFE and CESU rail carts so I'll just use those with transformers.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
No, it is RL days. Neutronium is quite crazy in that place.

Is there some way to un-crazy the amount of time one has to wait for something to complete? I play modded Minecraft in single-player, and don't have that much time to wait for any kind of scan to complete. I'd be okay with about 6-8 RL hours but that's about my limit. Besides, who puts that amount of days into a Minecraft playthrough anyway?

It seems some modders are just interested in making some things super difficult to get without taking into account the various kinds of playstyles and amount of playtime various normal people actually have. I really hope, going forward, that there's a way to speed things like this up to reasonable and sensible wait times.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Single use batteries can be automated. What I am planning to try out is powering my Oil Drilling Rig far away with them. 8 Batteries total, 4 always being discharged in the Drill (4slot battery buffer) and 4 being charged back at home (charged = Battery Hulls being filled with Sulfuric Acid). Empty batteries from the Drill will be moved back to base, where I will have Extractor to "recycle" them and then will be put back to fluid canner to fill up with Sulfuric Acid. Creation of Sulfuric Acid is fairly simple. Either use Sulfide produced as byproduct during oil processing. Or just have dedicated Sulfuric Acid reation with Sulfur + water.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, never realized i could use sulfur for power, might as well start doing it since im likely going into the advanced oil processing in the future.

I wonder if you get enough sulfuric acid from oil processing to run the oil-gasoline-nitro diesel processing. Gonna see if the numbers add up, would be really cool to have a sulfuric acid powered fuel processing.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that there is Magnetite and Vanadite ore almost everywhere? I have been looking for Tetrahedite and Casserite in hilly biomes, and every cliff face I look at has Magnetite in it. It's easily the most common ore I have seen so far.