[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
My 2 cents: I've only recently (few weeks ago) started playing Infitech 2 and I've just stumbled on something (might of been found before..don't really wanna spend a week reading 450 pages of a thread ;p)

So here goes: How to make cheap annealed copper ingots.

1 Annealed Copper Ingot cost 1k Oxygen + 60k EU in a EBF (normally.)

But if you make an Advanced Machine (i.e: Advanced Steam Turbine), It will cost you mere copper ingots and other mats. In turn, you throw that machine in a Advanced Arc Furnace and for the small price of 2039 Oxygen & 192744 EU, you end up losing a tiny bit of Bronze and end up with 11 Annealed Copper ingots.

Wouldn't it be better to prevent normal copper use for advanced machines and force the use of annealed copper?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be better to prevent normal copper use for advanced machines and force the use of annealed copper?
That's not an exploit, copper -> annealed copper in the arc furnace is an actual recipe, you'd be much better off just using copper ingots/dust as well as it's only 3 seconds at the 3x32EU/t to do it. So only LV really if you can provide the three amps, also makes it significantly cheaper than using an EBF, the catch obviously being it requires graphite which isn't exactly the easiest thing to get. The only options being finding a diamond vein or getting it from magic bees diamond shards, which require a lot of effort to get either by breeding up to diamandi bees or praecantatio crops, and while the crops may be easier to get unless you boost stats a ton you're easily looking at a few days of crop production before you get even one graphite.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh yes I just checked and wand caps had 15. I just needed to update :) By the way well done Jason and team on an amazing modpack.
Thank you.. We are trying our best. But honestly it would not be possible to make this without you players.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Do many people use superconductors in their base? It seems that, once you're high enough to use them, they have little use. Even powering my base 200 blocks away with yttrium-barium-cuprate cables, which are dirt cheap, I'm only losing 2%. I wonder why higher voltage cables aren't more lossy, or less obtainable. You can run the highest tier fusion recipe on a 1x yttrium-barium-cuprate cable; no point in even using max voltage.

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
So I managed to get my first automated processing line setup last night. It's not perfect its slow and the LP have to be programmed for the different ores I want but it processes to the second byproduct for most of the ores. However I ran into a power problem. My large steam boiler eats too much coal to keep the processing line in steam non-stop. I'm running 4 coke ovens but even doubling or tripling that wouldn't keep up. I also don't have the infrastructure to make gasoline yet. Is there some in-between steam or power generation I should look at? Or should I bite the bullet and push to gasoline using local puddles and then push for the RC biofuel for renewable.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So I managed to get my first automated processing line setup last night. It's not perfect its slow and the LP have to be programmed for the different ores I want but it processes to the second byproduct for most of the ores. However I ran into a power problem. My large steam boiler eats too much coal to keep the processing line in steam non-stop. I'm running 4 coke ovens but even doubling or tripling that wouldn't keep up. I also don't have the infrastructure to make gasoline yet. Is there some in-between steam or power generation I should look at? Or should I bite the bullet and push to gasoline using local puddles and then push for the RC biofuel for renewable.
Just tapping the oilwells you can easily find may last you until you get into something more substantial, like fission, especially if you can work them efficiently (pumping cheaply and refining to diesel or nitrodiesel)

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
Just tapping the oilwells you can easily find may last you until you get into something more substantial, like fission, especially if you can work them efficiently (pumping cheaply and refining to diesel or nitrodiesel)

Thanks! I'll have to go looking for wells. All I have found so far are lakes. They look like the regular ponds that spawn but with oil in them. I know the BC wells can be huge but I recall burning through the oil ponds in regular MC pretty quickly.

M

Meatl

4? Did you mean FOUR?))) ahahahaha
I've got:
1 jungle tree EnderIO farm without capacitors. Supplied by 6 EnderIO Stirling engines getting charcoal form coke ovens
96 Coke ovens - and my log barrel keeps growing (Yes, just ONE basic EnderIO jungle tree farm produces it extremely fast).
1 Large boiler (Just upgrated to Tungstensteel).
20 High Pressure Coal Boilers to keep charcoal +/- balance (need MORE boilers. And ovens. And turbines. And... And...!! It's a gregtech)
1 Large GT Turbine with 12-bladed tungstensteel rotor.
16 LV Turbines.
And I'm getting ~1,5k eu/t FOR FREE. Except of lag ofcourse.

So... I decided to show you, guys, how it looks like.

There's a second turbine on screenshots... Nevermind. It's for superheated steam processing. Lava + LHE = Superheated steam + Pahoehoehoehoe lavalava = Steam + Energy + Tin&Copper&etc

Attachments

• 2016-01-29_00.23.47.png
    2016-01-29_00.23.47.png
    691.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2016-01-29_00.27.18.png
    2016-01-29_00.27.18.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • 2016-01-29_00.27.25.png
    2016-01-29_00.27.25.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 2016-01-29_00.27.44.png
    2016-01-29_00.27.44.png
    645.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 2016-01-29_00.27.57.png
    2016-01-29_00.27.57.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 2016-01-29_00.33.24.png
    2016-01-29_00.33.24.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
M

Meatl

But until you can't get enough charcoal for Large Steam Boiler... You just shouldn't use it.
That's all about gregtech: If you can't afford something - you don't need this. Yet.
You can use steel lava boilers and pumping lava from Nether.

It's fun to use this language. I've never had a chance to talk to someone using it...

PS I STRONGLY recommend to install recent Java update. Just do it. My FPS changed from 20 to 40 (SIC!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
But until you can't get enough charcoal for Large Steam Boiler... You just shouldn't use it.
That's all about gregtech: If you can't afford something - you don't need this. Yet.
You can use steel lava boilers and pumping lava from Nether.

It's fun to use this language. I've never had a chance to talk to someone using it...

PS I STRONGLY recommend to install recent Java update. Just do it. My FPS changed from 20 to 40 (SIC!)

Lava?! I didn't even think to look for those. I figured since lava is considered a "cheat" in most other packs it would be disabled as a power source by default. Hmm no tesseracts or teleport pipes or ender chests. Rail tanks? It's been awhile since I have had to make one of those. Sounds fun.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019

Personally i use Kinetic Water Generator with Iron Rotor for the time being (merely have 3 setup in a Ocean) and i generate arround 300EU/t total. I could manage to get 143.5 EU/t per Generator if well placed but i don't wanna bother due to where i've built. It's a fairly easy and decent mid-way between steam and higher tier energy generate i believe. If used in river, you'll get aproximitly 40EU/t per generator. On top of being decent, it doesn't have the added lag of steam pipe.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Lava?! I didn't even think to look for those. I figured since lava is considered a "cheat" in most other packs it would be disabled as a power source by default. Hmm no tesseracts or teleport pipes or ender chests. Rail tanks? It's been awhile since I have had to make one of those. Sounds fun.

I actually used lava for quite some time before I got fusion. Ender-thermic pump powered by RTG, Dimensional Transceiver (getting power from my base), a very simple, 6-7 block setup that was easy to move when the pump drained all the lava around. In my base LHE and 3 large turbines. Quite a lot of power, if you don't mind moving the lava setup every so often.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Okay wait 96 Coke Ovens from one EnderIO treefarm?
That sounds weird. Either there was a major change or you are confusing something. When I did the treefarm stuff back in 3.0 or something I needed three octadic treefarms to supply 72 Coke Ovens. And Im pretty certain octadic farms are way better then just normal ones.