[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

M

Meatl

Okay wait 96 Coke Ovens from one EnderIO treefarm?
That sounds weird. Either there was a major change or you are confusing something. When I did the treefarm stuff back in 3.0 or something I needed three octadic treefarms to supply 72 Coke Ovens. And Im pretty certain octadic farms are way better then just normal ones.
I've attached screenshots) 1 farming station -> 96 Coke Ovens. And it needs more. Just make shure you give it enough energy and axes. And it should be a JUNGLE TREE farm

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've attached screenshots) 1 farming station -> 96 Coke Ovens. And it needs more. Just make shure you give it enough energy and axes. And it should be a JUNGLE TREE farm
or give it one healing axe which works just fine and is indestructible.

On a separate note, I didn't read the info too closely on how that book dictates what oreveins are comprised of which ore.

Need a bunch of chrome and had found some veins of grossular, etc, so looked in book and voila, manganese vein has grossular, so dug around for a long time till I looked back at base, found zero manganese, looked at book again and noticed, the book calls the vein manganese, but there actually isn't any manganese in that vein. Assuming misleading text in book?

So assuming chrome == redstone /rubies only then?

btw, once you get enderium, wow does this game change quite a bit. being able to make mirrors and golden bags, etc... really opens up paths and makes mining so much less tedious.

edit: another question. does anyone recollect how to unlock hungry hand mirror?

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019

Hah, I did it with Oak Wood since they were in a cave similar environment. Didnt know Jungle Wood would make such a difference, but it sounds logicaly to me now that I think about it.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
So I managed to get my first automated processing line setup last night. It's not perfect its slow and the LP have to be programmed for the different ores I want but it processes to the second byproduct for most of the ores. However I ran into a power problem. My large steam boiler eats too much coal to keep the processing line in steam non-stop. I'm running 4 coke ovens but even doubling or tripling that wouldn't keep up. I also don't have the infrastructure to make gasoline yet. Is there some in-between steam or power generation I should look at? Or should I bite the bullet and push to gasoline using local puddles and then push for the RC biofuel for renewable.

If you run 18-24 coke ovens with a constant feed of lumber, you will produce enough charcoal and creosote oil to run two full sized railcraft LP boilers under constant load (ive tested it, it works) - one Solid & one liquid - these will run under railcraft turbine load (2 or 3 i think?), GT boilers should be run in bursts and are better served as a "high load demand" or "turbo boost" kind of function in early game, once youve got a nice set of stuff working you can leave them going all the time :p (which im not even going to chance with my stuff right now)

So, i've played a few sessions since i came back now ... ive hit a wall with several things in enderio, are the conduits disabled or is nei being a chode (as usual?) and not referencing the tweaked recipes correctly?

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
If you run 18-24 coke ovens with a constant feed of lumber, you will produce enough charcoal and creosote oil to run two full sized railcraft LP boilers under constant load (ive tested it, it works) - one Solid & one liquid - these will run under railcraft turbine load (2 or 3 i think?), GT boilers should be run in bursts and are better served as a "high load demand" or "turbo boost" kind of function in early game, once youve got a nice set of stuff working you can leave them going all the time :p (which im not even going to chance with my stuff right now)

So, i've played a few sessions since i came back now ... ive hit a wall with several things in enderio, are the conduits disabled or is nei being a chode (as usual?) and not referencing the tweaked recipes correctly?

Im pretty sure they arent disabled. The recipe got changed though you will need a couple of LV machines for conduit binders. Maybe you have a NEI bug or something? Btw your numbers are right, I did the whole calculation once. You will need 18 coke ovens for one charcoal LP boiler and 24,2 for one creosote oil lp boiler. Therefore I ended up with 72 + x ovens for 4 charcoal and 3 creosote oil boilers.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Pack reinstall... If it will not help, load your minecraft > load new world > find minetweaker.log file in the InfiTech2/minecraft directory and either look through it if there are any errors, or if you dont know, upload the log file somewhere and give me the link :)

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
Im pretty sure they arent disabled. The recipe got changed though you will need a couple of LV machines for conduit binders. Maybe you have a NEI bug or something? Btw your numbers are right, I did the whole calculation once. You will need 18 coke ovens for one charcoal LP boiler and 24,2 for one creosote oil lp boiler. Therefore I ended up with 72 + x ovens for 4 charcoal and 3 creosote oil boilers.

This and the 96 ovens just seems a little insane to me. Isn't there a better way to generate more concentrated energy? I would need 24 HP Lava boilers. That's 120 mb per second (1 bucket every 8 seconds) of lava to generate the same amount of energy. And that is while heating up. At max temperature it would take just one bucket every 20-21 seconds (1 bucket every 500 seconds each). So a 16 bucket train could take a round trip of 5 minutes and still stay ahead of the power needs. It would also consume ~2.4mb water per tick. I think I'm going with lava.

Now I have some questions about power consumption but I think I'll hold off until I read a few more articles as I am sure my noob questions are a little crazy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This and the 96 ovens just seems a little insane to me. Isn't there a better way to generate more concentrated energy? I would need 24 HP Lava boilers. That's 120 mb per second (1 bucket every 8 seconds) of lava to generate the same amount of energy. And that is while heating up. At max temperature it would take just one bucket every 20-21 seconds (1 bucket every 500 seconds each). So a 16 bucket train could take a round trip of 5 minutes and still stay ahead of the power needs. It would also consume ~2.4mb water per tick. I think I'm going with lava.

Now I have some questions about power consumption but I think I'll hold off until I read a few more articles as I am sure my noob questions are a little crazy.
Questions are good.

Yes its a little insane. There's lots of ways to generate more energy in the pack; most people are not spamming coal coke ovens to do it. You can do diesel, nitrodiesel, biofuel to name a few. There's thaumcraft generators to consider as well, or you could work towards an IC2 fission reactor if you're near that level of technology.

Also you don't need to run those boilers fulltime, and those numbers were sorta assuming you would.

If you really want to do a treefarm, there's other boilers: a Large Steel Boiler looks inefficient at a glance because it consumes charcoal so quickly, but in terms of steam production its comparable, and its logistically far superior because of its drastically lower heatup duration: you get steam when you need it. Titanium and Tungstensteel boilers are insane (25% improvement each)

Instead of multiple HP Lava Boilers you can look into a Large Heat Exchanger once you have the tech for that. It can consume lava and output superheated steam which can be "double-dipped" by Large Steam Turbines or IC2 Steam Generators.

Black0305

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys, is there a chance that 3.2 will be released soon? My finals are over in a few days and i cant wait to play again but i dont want to play befor the update so i can start a whole new world.
Ps: We reached the 2. Milestone on Patreon :)

Reactions: lafflam and Pyure

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Sometimes when going caving for ores etc, I have terrible luck finding lava. Where are you getting your lava from, or is there a relatively cheap method of obtaining large quantities of lava in this pack? The Nether comes to mind, but that would be expensive to pump out from unless you have the infrastructure required to create a transportation system to get it out of there in the first place.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Pack reinstall... If it will not help, load your minecraft > load new world > find minetweaker.log file in the InfiTech2/minecraft directory and either look through it if there are any errors, or if you dont know, upload the log file somewhere and give me the link :)

Something in my folder must of been very, very broken ... because those are not the fluid conduit recipes i was using yesterday, but that does explain why half of the enderio recipes were irretrievable when querying nei, Thanks @Jason McRay .
Edit: It would stand to reason, for the sake of common sense that i should be running a clean install of the pack each time it updates, i guess ... but my mind hasnt been focused on that lately, just gaming out and trying to relax.

Sometimes when going caving for ores etc, I have terrible luck finding lava. Where are you getting your lava from, or is there a relatively cheap method of obtaining large quantities of lava in this pack? The Nether comes to mind, but that would be expensive to pump out from unless you have the infrastructure required to create a transportation system to get it out of there in the first place.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I do believe that everyone who uses lava, uses the nether as a nearly perpetual source.
Its been considered cheating in many packs, which is why some disable tesseracts and similar "cheap" item teleportation methods, i will tell you that it can be accomplished with Railcraft and a Nether Portal - you should be able to skim a "how to" from jasons second season of Infitech 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

This may sound a little odd, but back in the earlier stages of Infitech 2 (like pack version 1.13?) i joined the original public server - its something i do from time to time and wander around peoples bases to see if there is anything i can learn from their setups (which is why HoH and SoL pissed me off so much.)
One guy he had, probably a 10x10 field of solar boilers, i know thats a hilarious amount of silver to invest in a low end power source but youre investing retarded amounts of steel in hp lava boilers if you go that way and its not really about whats cheap, its about what is effective and needs a minimal amount of babysitting.

lonewulfx3

Jul 29, 2019
i just started this pack and i've noticed there isn't alot of stuff for rf matters. what can i do to run an ender quarry if the only thing i got is bc engines, which i really don't fancy

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
i just started this pack and i've noticed there isn't alot of stuff for rf matters. what can i do to run an ender quarry if the only thing i got is bc engines, which i really don't fancy

1. Ender quarry accepts EU.
2. By the time you're able to build Ender Quarry you'll have much better power sources than BC engines.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Solar boilers are nerfed in 3.2, after a few hours they'll start to decrease yield over another few hours until eventually they run at 1/3 output, the only solution is to break them and replace them.
As mentioned there is EU, for RF big reactors is the highest output solution, the main potential issue being the large amounts of graphite, and that's only an issue if you never found a diamond vein.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. Can smb tell me how to create destruction pickaxe? I crafted 3 unstable ingots, put 2 obsidian pieces and nothing happened, no pickaxe in the crafting grid. So I had to die.. (

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess the main reason to use coke ovens is one can simply set them up along to a tree farm an will never ever have to worry about that again. Lava needs to be replaced eventualy and the same goes for diesel. Sure there are way better and more enjoyable ways of producing energy but most of them are late-game orienteds. So mostly they are no option to be used as your first energy source. I like to use coke ovens a lot for earth bases and then move on to mars/ any other planet to use those crazy late-game ways of producing energy there. That way I can come back to earth at any time and my energy setup will be running just fine.