[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
This was honestly never a problem for me. There's so many electrolyzer recipes that produce oxygen that I'm surprised its a big issue for you.

At the end of the day I can't really see a strong argument to add more oxygen sources: if you check NEI recipes for oxygen you'll find there's already a ton of them, and you're really going to need to run some of those processes in order to advance anyway. For instance: if you aren't making stainless steel yet, you may as well start your chrome production now. You'll need a ton of it, and one of the primary sources is ruby dust. Which also produces oxygen.

A quick google suggests that Obsidian is a decent source of oxygen. Not confirmed.

yeah thanks Obsidian is a good solution I didnt see. And I honestly dont know why I have too less Oxygen. Im using tons of steel for all the Railcraft stuff, maybe thats why I dont keep up.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yeah thanks Obsidian is a good solution I didnt see. And I honestly dont know why I have too less Oxygen. Im using tons of steel for all the Railcraft stuff, maybe thats why I dont keep up.
Do yourself a big favour though: start processing that redstone/rubydust asap. Everyone will back me up on this :)

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I guess that's true. Do you maybe any idea how to for example farm animals though, because as far as I know Forestry can't, and Gregtech has no real farming abilities.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
How are people feeding plasma into their large plasma generators? Since the large generators will accept up to 150% of their max flow, it's a significant efficiency hit, and they take fluid a lot slower than any pipes allow. I have some fancy split GT pipes, where I half the flow at each branch, but it requires lots of shutters and is very inconsistent.

IC2 fluid regulator. It lets you set a precise amount of fluid that will be output every second or tick.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I guess that's true. Do you maybe any idea how to for example farm animals though, because as far as I know Forestry can't, and Gregtech has no real farming abilities.
Or if you are more about their products:
1) Thirsty Tank with Bovine Glyph to Milk cows
2) EnderIO Farming Station to shear sheeps

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually a neat solution you used.

Does the fluid regulator itself still generate too much throughput?
I had no idea the fluid regulator was a thing. To generate 1 L/s, I had a LV pump (640 L/s), that I split in half 11 times, taking branch 10 (0.625 L/s) and 11 (0.3125 L/s), which was close enough. My setup just got a lot easier...

K

Kiama

I am playing this on Curse Voice and I noticed that iron wands can be put in an alchemical furnace for 22 Metallum, a profit of 12. It's allowed me to make an iron generator vastly superior to an iron golem farm. This is an exploit that should be patched out, right?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Or if you are more about their products:
1) Thirsty Tank with Bovine Glyph to Milk cows
2) EnderIO Farming Station to shear sheeps

Is there any sort of tech tree diagram for GregTech, and how it's integrated with the rest of the mods in this modpack? I'd certainly appreciate getting a better idea of what actually is needed to collect for a given age. I'm currently scanning around a new world because I need relatively common ores like copper and tin. I think the terrain generation could be raised a bit higher, because I'm not seeing good formations of the ores you're going to need for the Bronze Age. I currently raid loot chests scattered around the map, as there doesn't seem to be many sources of copper or tin.

Would it be possible to add oregen level information for all ores, including GregTech ores? There's a mod in FTB Infinity Evolved that does exactly that, gives you a height chart of whatever ore you want information on. If I'm hunting at the wrong level for a particular ore, I'd certainly appreciate knowing sooner rather than having to break pickaxe after pickaxe finding that out.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any sort of tech tree diagram for GregTech, and how it's integrated with the rest of the mods in this modpack? I'd certainly appreciate getting a better idea of what actually is needed to collect for a given age. I'm currently scanning around a new world because I need relatively common ores like copper and tin. I think the terrain generation could be raised a bit higher, because I'm not seeing good formations of the ores you're going to need for the Bronze Age. I currently raid loot chests scattered around the map, as there doesn't seem to be many sources of copper or tin.

Would it be possible to add oregen level information for all ores, including GregTech ores? There's a mod in FTB Infinity Evolved that does exactly that, gives you a height chart of whatever ore you want information on. If I'm hunting at the wrong level for a particular ore, I'd certainly appreciate knowing sooner rather than having to break pickaxe after pickaxe finding that out.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

You can check the GT achievements for height levels. Getting a tin vein is EXTREMELY hard, I only got one after 10+ hours of exploring, you really need to look for Extreme Hills biomes, and only fully explore those. Copper can be either found in a Chalcopyrite vein, which is quite common underground, a Tetrahedrite (relatively common on the surface) or a Limonite/Malachite (but in smaller numbers). You should just be able to find any of these by just exploring caves. But once you find them, you can get way more stacks than you'll ever need in the Bronze Age. I'm using the GregTech Survival Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_suVZdSI91JimQTsgR3ejRt1HbxOM87Sh1OO2Fou6zM/) as a guide for GregTech, it contains some useful tips.

Hope this helped,
Eradur

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing this on Curse Voice and I noticed that iron wands can be put in an alchemical furnace for 22 Metallum, a profit of 12. It's allowed me to make an iron generator vastly superior to an iron golem farm. This is an exploit that should be patched out, right?
It has been, a bug in thaumcraft causes iron wand caps to be incorrectly given 15 metallum, it's being lowered to an amount in line with other recipes whenever an update comes, probably 3.2.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
It has been, a bug in thaumcraft causes iron wand caps to be incorrectly given 15 metallum, it's being lowered to an amount in line with other recipes whenever an update comes, probably 3.2.
Its fixed in 3.1.23. At least it should.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
GT Ore Guide book

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone confirm? As I said, for me it says 22, not 15.
As mentioned it's wand caps that have 15, not wands, can you try scanning those instead? If wands still have 22 despite that it can be easily changed, if the changes don't work there than there are other admittedly more complicated ways of getting around the issue.

K

Kiama

As mentioned it's wand caps that have 15, not wands, can you try scanning those instead? If wands still have 22 despite that it can be easily changed, if the changes don't work there than there are other admittedly more complicated ways of getting around the issue.

Ahhh yes I just checked and wand caps had 15. I just needed to update :) By the way well done Jason and team on an amazing modpack.

Reactions: Jason McRay