[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Was machines breaking down re-enabled in v.23? I had previously been fixing all machines with duct tape from the beginning.
I've never not had my GT multiblocks with maintenance hatches eventually require maintenance, with or without duct tape.

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
i remember seeing something a while back but cant find it in the thread ...

fusion recipes automatically overclock when when you go from a mark I to a mark II or mark III?

figured id ask before i go through the trouble of converting my mark I. dont expecially want to have a power generation system that doesn't run continuously and requires emergency intervention :p

also on another not i wanted to get into SG Craft but im not finding any villagers or all that much materials in dungeons i assume you're meant to synthesize or find the naquadah in world?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
i remember seeing something a while back but cant find it in the thread ...

fusion recipes automatically overclock when when you go from a mark I to a mark II or mark III?

figured id ask before i go through the trouble of converting my mark I. dont expecially want to have a power generation system that doesn't run continuously and requires emergency intervention :p

also on another not i wanted to get into SG Craft but im not finding any villagers or all that much materials in dungeons i assume you're meant to synthesize or find the naquadah in world?

About fusion - yes, if you run a mk1 recipe in mk2 reactor, it will consume 2x as much fuel, producing 2x as much plasma. Don't know if energy usage is x2 or x4, it's a bit hard to measure with fusion.
There used to be a bug with that, where any mk2 or mk3 recipe was treated as "overclocked" even though it was being run in an appropriate reactor tier. That was fixed a while ago, so unless you're running an old version this shouldn't be a problem.

SG Craft - some components can only be found in dungeons, some can only be purchased from villagers, others you need to craft. And naquadah can be found in Asteroids dimension (used to occur also in End, but I think that was changed. not sure), or you can get it from Naquadah Bees, which are insanely hard to breed.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I've never not had my GT multiblocks with maintenance hatches eventually require maintenance, with or without duct tape.

Huh... very strange then. I didn't see a single malfunction on my machines in about 6 months of heavy use, but then in 2 weeks I have dozens of problems, and overnight about 1/3 of my processing arrays had an issue.

Were you always on 3.1.23?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Huh... very strange then. I didn't see a single malfunction on my machines in about 6 months of heavy use, but then in 2 weeks I have dozens of problems, and overnight about 1/3 of my processing arrays had an issue.

Were you always on 3.1.23?

Been playing GT packs for the past couple years, so not just one version.

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
You wouldn't be able to post a couple of screenshots, by any chance? Oregen might change in the next version of the modpack which is due out when Jason gets around to making it stable enough to release on us. It'd be nice, however, in the meantime, to be able to work out how to orient my own mining operations. I normally would do a branch mine stretching 100 by 50 (approximately) but this doesn't seem to reveal a whole lot of GT ores. If there's a better way for me to do early mining, before I can actually get a mining well powered and running, that'd be nice to know. Mainly I've so far been doing exploring around caves and mineshafts with the usual mixed results. What I'd like is to learn the oregen and the levels better so I can adapt my mining technique to reveal ores sooner rather than later.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Sorry it took a bit to post. Its been a busy week. There's an imagur album below.

http://imgur.com/a/mwK0o

The first shot is of the map and my markers. On the lower right are the platinum and olivine ores that allowed me to figure out where the center of the 3x3 ore spawning chunks were. I had one that was three tall which allowed me to find the center horizontal chunks and one that was three wide which allowed me to find the center of the vertical chunks. After that its just count over three or up three from one of those to find the next center area. Alternatively you could do some math with multiples of 48 + the coordinates in the center chunk. To the left you can see that big line of nothing which is what inspired my original post. In the center top you can see a two nothings. One is because I miscounted. I hope this makes sense to you.

The second is the mining setup. BC Mining Well, BC Stirling Engine, a chest and a lever. I just throw it all in a bluepower bag and take it when I want to go prospecting. It takes very little power to run. I just chop down a tree or two onsite and throw the wood in the engine.

Finally the last is a shot of a mine shaft. I drop the 3 high cobble with a light on top so I can find the holes. You can use a rope ladder to goto the bottom or a bucket of water. Then break them and drop real ladders to go back up. I make a room at what I think is the bottom of the vein and branch mine out from there.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Does anyone know of a good early game Pickaxe that can quickly mine GregTech Red Granite and ores in it? I'd prefer it had some way to enchant it with a speed boost, as this variety of granite seems rather slow to mine with a Dark Pickaxe or an Iridium Pickaxe and I have a large quantity of Red Granite I want to mine out so I can make machine rooms in the area where I encountered this Red Granite. I'd also prefer it if it was relatively easy to get materials for.

Damascus Steel and Ruby Pickaxes are not high enough level for mining this Red Granite, so I would definitely prefer something really good.

There do seem to be some variations of blocks that this Red Granite can convert into, also it can be processed to extract dusts from it. I don't seem to be in short supply of it although it's not really a room decoration block, as the GregTech Red Granite is a little too red for my tastes.

There are Ilmenite, Aluminium, and Bauxite deposits contained in it, along with random bonus small ores, as you'd expect in a GregTech world. Is there a good GregTech fortune mining tool that can boost the bonus drops from any kind of small ores?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Sorry it took a bit to post. Its been a busy week. There's an imagur album below.

http://imgur.com/a/mwK0o

The first shot is of the map and my markers. On the lower right are the platinum and olivine ores that allowed me to figure out where the center of the 3x3 ore spawning chunks were. I had one that was three tall which allowed me to find the center horizontal chunks and one that was three wide which allowed me to find the center of the vertical chunks. After that its just count over three or up three from one of those to find the next center area. Alternatively you could do some math with multiples of 48 + the coordinates in the center chunk. To the left you can see that big line of nothing which is what inspired my original post. In the center top you can see a two nothings. One is because I miscounted. I hope this makes sense to you.

The second is the mining setup. BC Mining Well, BC Stirling Engine, a chest and a lever. I just throw it all in a bluepower bag and take it when I want to go prospecting. It takes very little power to run. I just chop down a tree or two onsite and throw the wood in the engine.

Finally the last is a shot of a mine shaft. I drop the 3 high cobble with a light on top so I can find the holes. You can use a rope ladder to goto the bottom or a bucket of water. Then break them and drop real ladders to go back up. I make a room at what I think is the bottom of the vein and branch mine out from there.

Is that your base in the top right corner of the first image, where you apparently took over a village? :D

It looks simple enough, I'll have to give it a go when I have some spare time and see if I can get it to do likewise. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a good early game Pickaxe that can quickly mine GregTech Red Granite and ores in it? I'd prefer it had some way to enchant it with a speed boost, as this variety of granite seems rather slow to mine with a Dark Pickaxe or an Iridium Pickaxe and I have a large quantity of Red Granite I want to mine out so I can make machine rooms in the area where I encountered this Red Granite. I'd also prefer it if it was relatively easy to get materials for.
Damascus is T2 iirc, try a T3 material, thaumium is probably the best in terms of cost/usefulness, it's basically just a better iron. Remember you can make vanilla style thaumium picks too, which just take one durability per block regardless of hardness, very useful those are for hard blocks like obsidian.
There are Ilmenite, Aluminium, and Bauxite deposits contained in it, along with random bonus small ores, as you'd expect in a GregTech world. Is there a good GregTech fortune mining tool that can boost the bonus drops from any kind of small ores?
At least as far as I know small ores ignore things like fortune.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Damascus is T2 iirc, try a T3 material, thaumium is probably the best in terms of cost/usefulness, it's basically just a better iron. Remember you can make vanilla style thaumium picks too, which just take one durability per block regardless of hardness, very useful those are for hard blocks like obsidian.

At least as far as I know small ores ignore things like fortune.

I take it by vanilla style Thaumium picks, you mean in a Thaumcraft Arcane Worktable or the basic Thaumcraft crafting bench equivalent, if I'm naming that item wrongly? I don't dabble in Thaumcraft a lot, if at all, but the normal version of the Thaumcraft pick recipe is subverted by GregTech changing it to require a Thaumium metal plate, changing it's cost from 3 ingots to 4 ingots in a vanilla crafting table, along with the requirement to consume durability from a file and hammer. If I have to create it in a Thaumcraft bench, I may well set up for Thaumcraft if I can find all the requisite starting research a.k.a. "scan all the things". :D

I remembered something since writing that post above, and it turns out GregTech adds a Thaumcraft hammer recipe that allows Aqua shards to create a fortune hammer, GregTech style. I keep forgetting little things like that, sorry about that. it seems to slightly increase the drops from the small ores I was talking about, consumes durability on the tool rapidly, though.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I take it by vanilla style Thaumium picks, you mean in a Thaumcraft Arcane Worktable or the basic Thaumcraft crafting bench equivalent, if I'm naming that item wrongly? I don't dabble in Thaumcraft a lot, if at all, but the normal version of the Thaumcraft pick recipe is subverted by GregTech changing it to require a Thaumium metal plate, changing it's cost from 3 ingots to 4 ingots in a vanilla crafting table, along with the requirement to consume durability from a file and hammer. If I have to create it in a Thaumcraft bench, I may well set up for Thaumcraft if I can find all the requisite starting research a.k.a. "scan all the things". :D
Yes GT modifies the recipe but it's still the same tool, one is the GT style tool, made by crafting a pickaxe head and a rod together to create a tool from GregTech, but the other is used by combining the tool head recipe with a couple of sticks to create the one from thaumcraft, that's what I mean by vanilla style. Doesn't need an arcane worktable, although you will need to scan iron. Off the top of my head I think easiest/minimal scanning path would be something like a bowl, charcoal, elemental shard, iron ingot. The bowl to get vacuos, the charcoal for potentia, the shard for vitreus and praecantatio, and the iron ingot because it's needed for the thaumium research and unlocks metallum.
I remembered something since writing that post above, and it turns out GregTech adds a Thaumcraft hammer recipe that allows Aqua shards to create a fortune hammer, GregTech style. I keep forgetting little things like that, sorry about that. it seems to slightly increase the drops from the small ores I was talking about, consumes durability on the tool rapidly, though.
Thaumium actually has fortune as an aside, it's not as high as aqua but thaumium has significantly more durability, really the shard tools tend to be rather poor, generally good effects, just horrible durability. Perditio is the most notable though, easiest T4 material to acquire I know of.

M

Meatl

Can someone help me with BEES?
I know nearly nothing about them, but it is not a problem...
Just answer:
1. Which bees is really worth to breed? Maybe some free rare resourses or smth
2. Can I utilize byproducts such as honey and drones? Could I convert it to energy somehow?

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
My project for the snow day today: reduce the FPS burden of my base. I want to check my understanding of how that works before I do it though.

I think: Minecraft renders all transparent and partially transparent blocks, and all faces of solid blocks that don't touch a solid block. What this should mean, is that most pipes are terrible, but lots of the GT items (buffers, huge pipes, 12x cables) can reduce lag by reducing the number of visible faces. I also wonder - how does this affect covers/facades? will they reduce rendering if placed smartly?

I also suspect replacing a lot of my machine banks with processing arrays will go a long way.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Yeah I try and repurpose them when I can. Unfortunately I couldn't save the villagers.

I know what you mean. They have this curious habit of clustering around a door with a drop that will ultimately kill them, going mad trying to incessantly open it, or there's some cactus or other worldgen that will give them an early untimely death. :D

I haven't tried to save Villagers, but I might consider saving a couple of zombie villagers - some day - if I find need of their primitive emeralds! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
wtf
replacing the controller fixes that crap but overall - wtf

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-01-23 23-04-22.png
    Screenshot from 2016-01-23 23-04-22.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 66

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
My project for the snow day today: reduce the FPS burden of my base. I want to check my understanding of how that works before I do it though.

I think: Minecraft renders all transparent and partially transparent blocks, and all faces of solid blocks that don't touch a solid block. What this should mean, is that most pipes are terrible, but lots of the GT items (buffers, huge pipes, 12x cables) can reduce lag by reducing the number of visible faces. I also wonder - how does this affect covers/facades? will they reduce rendering if placed smartly?

I also suspect replacing a lot of my machine banks with processing arrays will go a long way.

What I found out in my bases is that RUNNING GT machines make my FPS go down a lot. When they're idle it's fine, but when 10+ of them are running simultaneously it drops hard. Also large numbers of EiO conduits and complex TC contraptions tend to reduce my FPS.

In short - I don't think there's a way to maintain high fps in a large base with lots of machines. Using Optifine helps a lot in my case though, so I suggest you try it.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with BEES?
I know nearly nothing about them, but it is not a problem...
Just answer:
1. Which bees is really worth to breed? Maybe some free rare resourses or smth
2. Can I utilize byproducts such as honey and drones? Could I convert it to energy somehow?

Bees can be powerful, but if you never tried them before I must warn you that they require a lot of patience and dedication, especially in this pack.
Bees I usually go for are Diamandi, Edenic (for the Explorer effect, which gives xp), Draconic (eggs can power Magic Energy Converters (or Absorbers?), Withering (wither skulls for nether stars), and whatever I currently need (you can get many different things from bees - most metals, minerals and mob drops). I suggest starting bees when you're at least in HV and can make some Gendustry machines, otherwise breeding can be really painful.

C

catt0

Is there a way to turn the EBF on and off using redstone? Placing a machine controller does not work on the EBF controller block and the input hatch also does not react to it.