[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
So I got into this pack and I like it a lot so far.
However I already experienced the explosive nature of GT machines and can not explain why it happened in the following case:
0e426bcf0d75944be372e7e1a0a5369d.png

Setup:
The EBF is fed via 3 LV battery buffers with 4 sodium batteries each, powered by 5 basic steam turbines. My power net is not strong enough to handle the constant load, but smelting 2 ingots at a time works after buffering some energy. Also I disabled wire fires in the config.

Explosion:
While testing whether I lose the items when the EBF runs out of power (as expected I do), I hit the controller multiple times with a soft hammer to force it to start. I was greeted by a nice sized crater, however the explosion seems to have come from the power setup as the left side (in the pic) of the EBF was still mostly intact. It was also raining at the time, but all machines are either covered by the floor of the next level or at least conduits. I also did not hear any fire before the explosion, which I assumed would happen before.

My guess is that either conduits do not count as a block when it comes to protecting from rain or even rain on the block next to a machine can cause explosions. Or is it related to starting the EBF several times in a short time frame with not enough power?

P.S. It is funny how playing a heavy GT pack makes me look for ways to work around the Greg, I got into Thaumcraft much deeper and earlier than before. The steel processing is much faster and I think I figured out how to mass produce aluminium with nearly completely renewable resources, only Metallum needs to be supplied. Even this aspect seems to be renewable using some high end foods.

When you tested to run the EBF without energy did you remove any batteries? The Battery Buffers can handle "2x Number of stored Batteries" as Amperage input. Also I would always recommend to put your machines inside. GT isnt messing around when it comes to rain or any other environmental things.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I have tested it further. Turns out removing batteries is no problem, I think the input is based on the max amount of batteries you can store in those buffers. However, when I stress-tested your setup in the rain (I cried doing this) it turns out if a Block next to a GT machine isnt protected from rain its ending in a big boom. Always put your machines inside I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: catt0
C

catt0

Okay, so I have tested it further. Turns out removing batteries is no problem, I think the input is based on the max amount of batteries you can store in those buffers. However, when I stress-tested your setup in the rain (I cried doing this) it turns out if a Block next to a GT machine isnt protected from rain its ending in a big boom. Always put your machines inside I guess.
Ah this explains it, thanks :)

And sorry for the tears, I hope they did not fall besides a machine :p

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Question: Do steam powered machines, in the Bronze Age, care about the rain? It wouldn't make much sense to me for some steam-powered machine to blow up in the rain, although Greg might have coded them that way for some unknown reason. :D I usually try to give my machines some sort of cover unless they need to see the sky. If I'm building a machine room, I normally build it with a cobblestone roof or deep underground, so for more advanced ages that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Question: Do steam powered machines, in the Bronze Age, care about the rain? It wouldn't make much sense to me for some steam-powered machine to blow up in the rain, although Greg might have coded them that way for some unknown reason. :D I usually try to give my machines some sort of cover unless they need to see the sky. If I'm building a machine room, I normally build it with a cobblestone roof or deep underground, so for more advanced ages that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
afaik no steam machines care about the rain

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
afaik no steam machines care about the rain

So they do care or they do not care about the rain? Without proper punctuation, I have to guess at what you're trying to say here. A factual statement saying yes they will blow up or no they won't would be a more accurate response.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Only machines that can store energy need rain protection. So for example a multiblock only needs it's energy hatch protected. Cables also only transfer power with no storage, so they can go trough rain.

Reactions: Gamejet

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So they do care or they do not care about the rain? Without proper punctuation, I have to guess at what you're trying to say here. A factual statement saying yes they will blow up or no they won't would be a more accurate response.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I didn't skip a comma. But there's no reason you should know that since I'm omitting periods, so I absolutely see how I could have been more clear. For clarity please replace the word "no" with "zero".

"To the best of my knowledge zero steam machines care about rain. You can get your steam machines all kinds of wet and they will be just fine. You may, if it pleases you, inject a comma into the first sentence of this paragraph following the word 'knowledge'. It is not, strictly speaking, necessary."

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Is it even faster than HV-Drill (Tungsteen steel, as common) from GT? Try it, it doesn't have any problems with ghost blocks. And it is as fast as you can RUN through ores and mine.
does the hv drill do 3x3 mining? That's all I really care about tbh.

Btw, we've found that every time we login, we need to cycle through the modes and if we do that, the problem hardly ever occurs. Going to probably re-enchant it and test again. As opposed to when it does it 100% of the time.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, I'm going to chime in and say that we too, are having a LOT of serious issues with rc tanks, rc coke ovens, being unformed when we either login or, more often, when we leave the area and come back.

3 days ago when this problem first occurred, we ditched the immibis chunkloaders because that was what was stated helped in this thread.

The problem never got better and still happens, and when it does, it kills everything in our base.

We are currently using rc personal anchors and it's not helping the situation whatsoever.

Any thoughts? Known issue, any workarounds? Again, running on a server, so this is SMP.

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone maybe know a good technique to reliably find diamonds. I've been exploring dozens of caves and have even branch mined at level 11 for a while, but have found none.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone maybe know a good technique to reliably find diamonds. I've been exploring dozens of caves and have even branch mined at level 11 for a while, but have found none.

I usually find it easier to make my own Diamonds out of coal. especially if I only need a few.

btw, be sure to check out the recipes for extracting the Diamonds out of the ore, I think it's still better to smelt the ores if you want to get Diamonds, but better to go the Sifter route if you need the dust

Reactions: DarknessShadow