[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
@asb3pe one other word of warning. There's an infused seed that produces saplings. Possibly herba. It will occasionally drop an unnamed sapling that, if held, causes an immediate client crash. Best bet is to not plant the seed, or, if you must because you're working towards another aspect, to exercise great care in picking up the saplings. Ie, have all of your hand slots full of other stuff. And then destroy the sapling.

If you do end up holding the sapling by accident and crashing, restart minecraft client and hold down a hand slot number button to switch what you're holding as you log in. Hopefully you get the switch before your client processes what you're holding.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My worst fear has come true, after 2 weeks of nobody but me logging onto the server, its being shut down. Can't blame him at all, I certainly don't expect someone else to run a personal server just for my own use. :) But it's depressing. I'll get a copy of the world and hopefully it will convert over from SMP to SSP (no reason it shouldn't, is that correct?) so I can keep right on going. But it's sad. If I wanted to play SSP, I would have played SSP! But I joined a server so the game wasn't so lonely and now look what's happened... Murphy's Law. Turn that frown upside down. :)

I'd join the official server but starting over is painful to contemplate, just when I'm getting to the good stuff. Maybe if a new server appears for us die-hards, I'll begin anew there.

Earthmagnet

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing this modpack for quite some time - a few months to be precise.

I have been never been so angry at a modpack before. Everything's so hard to get, nothing's really holding your hand - you have to plan out most of your actions or else you're going to have something or another explode in your face.

I love it.

Thank you for making this modpack.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
My worst fear has come true, after 2 weeks of nobody but me logging onto the server, its being shut down. Can't blame him at all, I certainly don't expect someone else to run a personal server just for my own use. :) But it's depressing. I'll get a copy of the world and hopefully it will convert over from SMP to SSP (no reason it shouldn't, is that correct?) so I can keep right on going. But it's sad. If I wanted to play SSP, I would have played SSP! But I joined a server so the game wasn't so lonely and now look what's happened... Murphy's Law. Turn that frown upside down. :)

I'd join the official server but starting over is painful to contemplate, just when I'm getting to the good stuff. Maybe if a new server appears for us die-hards, I'll begin anew there.

You're welcome to join my server if you like. I rent an aws server and have the latest version of the modpack installed. I'm in the ev era, and have a pretty solid setup with lots of resources you can tap in to to get you back on your feet. Also, I've got the stargate recipes in my AE network. Walking to each others bases is for suckers!

Another guy from this forum is on there, too. Shoot me a private message if you're interested.

Reactions: asb3pe

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to self fix it? Or is it more than just a couple lines of code changes?

You can create a temporary minetweaker script for that. I can't show you how the script will look like, because I am at work and do not have access to Minecraft, so can't look at the item IDs.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hm I thought that Growthcraft was a part of InfiTech 2. Can't find anything in changelogs regarding it, and dont' have it in my mods folder for some reason.. configs are there tho. What's up?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hm I thought that Growthcraft was a part of InfiTech 2. Can't find anything in changelogs regarding it, and dont' have it in my mods folder for some reason.. configs are there tho. What's up?

v3 doesnt have Growthcraft, because at the start there was an issue with the forge we needed to use. It wasnt updated for a while, so I just ignored that afterwards. Config files are just remnants from testing times (same as RFTools config files for example)

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
By the way. I heard something about infitech 3?

aand another. I am total 0 with newer Thaumcraft. Anybody has a decent tutorial\letsplays for latest (or more or less) Thaumcraft? it seems like a lot of cool stuff.

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
By the way. I heard something about infitech 3?

aand another. I am total 0 with newer Thaumcraft. Anybody has a decent tutorial\letsplays for latest (or more or less) Thaumcraft? it seems like a lot of cool stuff.

There are a ton of videos/guides on Thaumcraft 4, its been out for a while now.

Here's a youtube series on just about everything in Thaumcraft 4 and some of its addon content by Martysgames: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbJG2CPCrTKLDKEG_GJORJeOGlpJCxUzk he also did some additional videos on the Automagy addon (which is in the pack) but I don't think they are on that playlist for some reason.

Also, Thaumcraft is really well documented in game with the Thaumonomicon. Make a Iron Banded Wand (recipe in NEI) then use it to click on a bookshelf and you got the Thaumonomicon, it'll walk you through discovering all the parts of Thaumcraft.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If I use thaumium golems with 2 strength upgrades wonder how many choppers I'll need for 248 coke ovens?

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
If I use thaumium golems with 2 strength upgrades wonder how many choppers I'll need for 248 coke ovens?

They are pretty quick to chop down trees and coke ovens are pretty slow. I'm not sure on the actual numbers, but when you experiment and find out, please report back. I've got a 2 terra upgrade thaumium golem in my tree farm and with 8 2x2 plots of Fir trees, he can barely keep up with chopping them down as fast as they grow and it produces a ton of extra logs than I need for my meager 8 coke ovens.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 double terra upgraded thaumium chopper golems for my tree farm as well. I have 6 2x2 fir spawn spots and 6 rubber tree spots in the space. All are affected by lamp of growth and the trees are growing on enchanted earth.

It's rare to see 2 trees standing at the same time. Those 2 choppers are quite effective. I'm feeding 48 coke ovens, full time alumentum production, and also tossing crafting tables at a hungry node as fast as 3 eIO fully upgraded crafting machines can make them. The tree farm almost keeps up, but ends out losing in the end due to the crafting tables.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Depends on your tree I suppose, tho I also suppose we're all using the ExtraBiomesXL 2x2 Fir Trees... and it also depends how many you can plant and get him to harvest. My little guy is working atop a commercially-standard CreoTek CreoStak 36 so I only have 4 tree locations up top, and he's outproducing the ovens to the point where I only run him one day and let him rest for 2 days before throwing him back out there again. So that tells me that I could run about 36x3 coke oven with my little purple Barney? Maybe 100 or so? Off of 4 Fir Trees? So you might need 2 purple Barneys working and 8 trees? That might cover the wood supply or it might be just a little short and you'll need 3. That's my guess.

Oh, I don't use a Lamp of Growth on my trees. That would prob help a lot.

I'm also burning straight charcoal in my GT Large Boiler. It was only yesterday that I realized that perhaps we can use Alumentum in them instead, for a 4x increase in fuel? Is that true? If so, wow... I've really been slacking. I could build 3 more Large Boilers in that case, and get 4x as much steam on demand per charcoal/Alumentum I make. Wowee. Need to try it out for sure.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That was planned after GT6 came out. But that is so slow that IT Reloded is on hold for now.

How do you say "slow as molasses" in german? LOL Greg works at his own pace obv and nobody will ever affect it in the slightest.

While we're on the subject... I've never heard anyone's reaction to GT6... have any of you played it, in whatever state it is in? How is it? Similar? Or very different? Is it anywhere near completion or is it more of a simple "lol" answer to that?

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I could run ~150 coke ovens with 2 chop golems easily. I guess 3 chop golems should still be enough for 248 ovens.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

More importantly, how are you organizing 248 coke ovens? That's too many to fit in a 2x2 config from bedrock to sky. :)

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on your tree I suppose, tho I also suppose we're all using the ExtraBiomesXL 2x2 Fir Trees... and it also depends how many you can plant and get him to harvest. My little guy is working atop a commercially-standard CreoTek CreoStak 36 so I only have 4 tree locations up top, and he's outproducing the ovens to the point where I only run him one day and let him rest for 2 days before throwing him back out there again. So that tells me that I could run about 36x3 coke oven with my little purple Barney? Maybe 100 or so? Off of 4 Fir Trees? So you might need 2 purple Barneys working and 8 trees? That might cover the wood supply or it might be just a little short and you'll need 3. That's my guess.

Oh, I don't use a Lamp of Growth on my trees. That would prob help a lot.

I'm also burning straight charcoal in my GT Large Boiler. It was only yesterday that I realized that perhaps we can use Alumentum in them instead, for a 4x increase in fuel? Is that true? If so, wow... I've really been slacking. I could build 3 more Large Boilers in that case, and get 4x as much steam on demand per charcoal/Alumentum I make. Wowee. Need to try it out for sure.

I was having a problem where Fir sapplings from the top of my tower tree farm were falling to the ground and planting themselves? Then I had all these Fir trees around the base of my tower. I didn't want to extend the lip of the tree farm to catch all the sapplings so I switched first to Birch, but some of those would grow with leaves so low that the golems would get stuck, so I switched again to Jungle trees. Those seem to be keeping up just fine with only 4 2x2 plots.

I also upgraded to use Alumentum, seems like a big improvement in fuel usage, I used to be able to run down my charcoal stockpile by running my EBF non-stop, but now I'm steadily building up more and more alumentum in the barrel.

If I need further upgrades to it, I was thinking of adding an automated Thaumcraft charcoal production setup feeding into the alumentum production, since it seems my system is slowed down by slow charcoal production from only 8 coke ovens. Anyone else tried that instead of just adding more coke ovens?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
More importantly, how are you organizing 248 coke ovens? That's too many to fit in a 2x2 config from bedrock to sky. :)

No, that is a 2x2 bedrock to sky. 62 per column, 4 columns. Top 2 rows I had to build scaffolding for because the jetpack stops working that high.

248/4=62
62*3=186+61=247

255-5? for the bedrock layer = 250. 250-247=3 spaces left over at the top.

I'll do tree platforms same size as the creostak but probably put one on each face of the tower for starters. Add more below that if I need it.

Using a Railcraft Steam Oven to smelt the bricks. Is a good poor man's exp farm if you unload it by hand. :p

I use jungle trees, they don't seem to plant themselves when left laying around. Unless you're using the saplings for something---I just void anything over the first barrel---I don't see any reason to use Fir instead of Jungle. You could always change the ground beneath the tower to something other than dirt if you want to stick with fir and not change your tree platform.

rEtQmb5.jpg

I think on average the jungle trees have fewer leaves to waste time chopping.

I'm not using thaumcraft outside of golems and boots of the traveler. Wouldn't even use the golems if there was a comparable early game tree farm option. Forestry is a lot more work for a lot less return and Ender IO isn't an option till mid-game. Thaumcraft is easy mode in this pack just like Botania is easy mode in Beyond Reality.

I think Steve's Carts might be a good fit to give a technology solution for some early game automation of tree farming and/or mining. Takes a bit of work to get going and is hardly ever entirely hands-off. It would still be outclassed by zero-energy, zero-maintenance golems but is more interesting/entertaining to work with than Forestry multiblocks. Was kind of sad when Sengir removed the old Forestry farming blocks which at least gave you some room for creativity.

Last edited: