[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got to Bedrockium Drums... altho it is taking me two days of play to grind enough coal ore to make 54 Industrial Diamonds. Ugh.

So I'm wondering, how many of you got rid of your Railcraft Tanks once you reached this stage? Did you immediately switch over to drums since they hold more and are obviously quite a bit more compact? Or is the diamond requirement for them just so huge that you kept on using RC Tanks?

The main reason I made a Drum is so I can pump oil geysers without the need for a gazillion of the regular drums, or else the need for another RC tank and a transport method (such as Dimensional Transceiver). With the Bedrockium Drum, all I need is a BC Pump, an Ender IO Capacitor, a Chunk Loader and the Drum. Set it and forget it. Very nice.

But should I convert all my Tanks to Drums now? Is that what some of you do? Or not?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got to Bedrockium Drums... altho it is taking me two days of play to grind enough coal ore to make 54 Industrial Diamonds. Ugh.

So I'm wondering, how many of you got rid of your Railcraft Tanks once you reached this stage? Did you immediately switch over to drums since they hold more and are obviously quite a bit more compact? Or is the diamond requirement for them just so huge that you kept on using RC Tanks?

The main reason I made a Drum is so I can pump oil geysers without the need for a gazillion of the regular drums, or else the need for another RC tank and a transport method (such as Dimensional Transceiver). With the Bedrockium Drum, all I need is a BC Pump, an Ender IO Capacitor, a Chunk Loader and the Drum. Set it and forget it. Very nice.

But should I convert all my Tanks to Drums now? Is that what some of you do? Or not?

Only reason I might keep the RC tanks is they look good!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
If the last reply is not too old, then dont bother. I usually when i see it already reported and last reply is within 2 weeks, just keep an eye on that.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I generally keep my steam tank as a max size RC steel tank just for the sake of having less limits on connections. If you can afford the tungstensteel and enderium to make the top tier EnderIO liquid conduits then it doesn't matter and you could use bedrockium drums for steam, but by then you probably don't still need steam.

Everything else I convert to bedrockium drums and maybe GT quantum tanks if I know I won't ever need to move it.

I wouldn't waste industrial diamonds on bedrockium drums unless you have somewhat automated their creation. (I just use 2 BC autocrafting tables to automate mine). I process my coal with a SAG mill. You're better off mining for diamonds or getting diamondi bees though.

Reactions: asb3pe

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
If the last reply is not too old, then dont bother. I usually when i see it already reported and last reply is within 2 weeks, just keep an eye on that.

13 days! So I posted. On a 'dupe' thread it's said that backdating to 2.3.0.414 solves it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I generally keep my steam tank as a max size RC steel tank just for the sake of having less limits on connections. If you can afford the tungstensteel and enderium to make the top tier EnderIO liquid conduits then it doesn't matter and you could use bedrockium drums for steam, but by then you probably don't still need steam.

Everything else I convert to bedrockium drums and maybe GT quantum tanks if I know I won't ever need to move it.

I wouldn't waste industrial diamonds on bedrockium drums unless you have somewhat automated their creation. (I just use 2 BC autocrafting tables to automate mine). I process my coal with a SAG mill. You're better off mining for diamonds or getting diamondi bees though.

Thanks for advice. Good point about RC Tank offering more conduit connections. By Centrifuging lava 24/7 over the past 10 days I now have 6 stacks of Tungstensteel. I am very conflicted over what to use these 6 stacks on. I need 6 stacks to make a Tungstensteel Large Boiler, but I already have a Titanium Large Boiler. I know the total steam output would be 40,000 L/s (Tungsten) and 32,000 L/s (Titanium) for a total of 72,000 L/s which would almost run 7 MV Steam Turbines (at 10,560 L/s each for a total of about 74,000 L/s).

But I'm also taking the forum guidance into account, someone (I think it was Pyure) told me I shouldn't be using steam by the time I get to HV era. So I doubt I want to waste 6 stacks of ingots on a Large Boiler anymore. I had my heart set on it, but with my BedrockiumDrum-Oil-Fuel plan I think I need to concentrate on the GT Diesel Generators now. I know Jason said we won't find too many of the typical BC oil geysers, but I guess he hasn't seem my world! I know of at least 4 of the max-sized monsters, and I plan to pump them all and convert the oil to fuel.

I did find one diamond vein, but I cleared it out and got about 1.5 stacks of Diamond Ore - not a lot of diamonds. That's why I mined for coal instead and make my 6 Diamond Blocks that way instead, to save my Diamond Ores for a rainy day. But wow it is ever a slow process, it literally took me 24 hours using LV machines to make 54 diamonds. LOL

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of any good guides for getting into Nuclear power with Gregtech? Or maybe just some advice for what is a good path into it? I'm currently comfortably into the MV era on steam power, but I would like to do another power source for HV.

So far I've got my rubber suit made and I've been mining out a Plutonium vein in preparation, but I haven't started processing any of it yet.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for advice. Good point about RC Tank offering more conduit connections. By Centrifuging lava 24/7 over the past 10 days I now have 6 stacks of Tungstensteel. I am very conflicted over what to use these 6 stacks on. I need 6 stacks to make a Tungstensteel Large Boiler, but I already have a Titanium Large Boiler. I know the total steam output would be 40,000 L/s (Tungsten) and 32,000 L/s (Titanium) for a total of 72,000 L/s which would almost run 7 MV Steam Turbines (at 10,560 L/s each for a total of about 74,000 L/s).

But I'm also taking the forum guidance into account, someone (I think it was Pyure) told me I shouldn't be using steam by the time I get to HV era. So I doubt I want to waste 6 stacks of ingots on a Large Boiler anymore. I had my heart set on it, but with my BedrockiumDrum-Oil-Fuel plan I think I need to concentrate on the GT Diesel Generators now. I know Jason said we won't find too many of the typical BC oil geysers, but I guess he hasn't seem my world! I know of at least 4 of the max-sized monsters, and I plan to pump them all and convert the oil to fuel.

I did find one diamond vein, but I cleared it out and got about 1.5 stacks of Diamond Ore - not a lot of diamonds. That's why I mined for coal instead and make my 6 Diamond Blocks that way instead, to save my Diamond Ores for a rainy day. But wow it is ever a slow process, it literally took me 24 hours using LV machines to make 54 diamonds. LOL

Do you use thaumcraft at all? If so, infused seeds are an easy answer to regular diamonds. I have 3 diamond plots producing 3 diamonds/hour roughly. I can scale up fairly easily if I ever need. Though I'm up to 600+ diamonds right now, and I've got dozens of Diamond plated chests to act as item buffers and general non-ae2 storage. Bees are an answer, as well, however, I find that infused seeds are quicker to get going.

Set up a harvest golem with the re-plant upgrade and either a gather golem or a vacuum chest, and you're good to go.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use thaumcraft at all? If so, infused seeds are an easy answer to regular diamonds. I have 3 diamond plots producing 3 diamonds/hour roughly. I can scale up fairly easily if I ever need. Though I'm up to 600+ diamonds right now, and I've got dozens of Diamond plated chests to act as item buffers and general non-ae2 storage. Bees are an answer, as well, tho I find that infused seeds are quicker to get going.

Oh cool, yeah I did unlock the infused seeds and had an instant flashback to my Regrowth modpack world. Also known as "Magic Seeds Mania" modpack. LOL That's why I post my questions, so I get a nudge in the proper direction. Thanks!

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Oh cool, yeah I did unlock the infused seeds and had an instant flashback to my Regrowth modpack world. Also known as "Magic Seeds Mania" modpack. LOL That's why I post my questions, so I get a nudge in the proper direction. Thanks!

No problem. Alternating ordo and Terra seeds on a single plot should eventually yield diamond seeds (if I recall correctly....). Be sure to keep your plots apart drop one another, to prevent aspect transfer. I plant my infused seeds diagonally from each other in checkerboard pattern.

Reactions: Dlur100

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
No problem. Alternating ordo and Terra seeds on a single plot should eventually yield diamond seeds (if I recall correctly....). Be sure to keep your plots apart drop one another, to prevent aspect transfer. I plant my infused seeds diagonally from each other in checkerboard pattern.

Yep that's pretty much why I didn't pursue the crops when I unlocked them - I read thru the explanation in the Thaumonomicon and it was too complicated to comprehend, so I shelved it... and never returned to it. It's still too complicated. LOL But if it'll produce diamonds then yeah... I'll go find a youtube tutorial and then feel like a dummy at how easy it is. :)

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of any good guides for getting into Nuclear power with Gregtech? Or maybe just some advice for what is a good path into it? I'm currently comfortably into the MV era on steam power, but I would like to do another power source for HV.

So far I've got my rubber suit made and I've been mining out a Plutonium vein in preparation, but I haven't started processing any of it yet.

In short - get some thorium. Go to Ic2 forum and look for reactor setup. The most powerfull and the cheapest is probably this: http://prntscr.com/848wvw and http://prntscr.com/848xjn this. next you will be probably stuck with this or more-or-less close setup. Next you would go into MOX to get lots of plutonium to get more plutonium, basically - turn 4x6 U238 per quad MOX fuel cell into 4\9 plutonium, so you would need tons of uranium. TONS. CHESTS FULL WITH U238. If you will be more reseachfull, you will be able to build 250+ eu\t 0-chamber MOX auto-reactor for your needs. This will get you tons of energy too (roughly 100M energy per 1 quad MOX). At this point, you will have tons of plutonium and probably EV tier. Next is probably fluid reactor as it makes no sence to build them before you would be able to gather many many stacks of titanium for large heat exchanger. Next you build turbine and there you have it - tons of plutonium for whatever need, MOX or perma-fuel, Large heat exchanger, Steam turbine to supply you with a *uckatron of almost free energy and a fluid reactor.
As for starters - you have to be at least at MV tier as it needs MV plate bending and MV assembler with MV laser-smthing and MV press. And thats about it.

Reactions: UrNotFunny

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
By the way - about those blinking pipes.
I read about it. It happens when chunk has a lot of block (graphical maybe) updates or something. If that bothers, just use BC golden pipes. They are less cheaty and way more..comfortable and simple, I guess. They are cheap as shit (at higher tiers where are no problems with gold) and offer 80mb\t vs 120, if I recall correctly.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Yep that's pretty much why I didn't pursue the crops when I unlocked them - I read thru the explanation in the Thaumonomicon and it was too complicated to comprehend, so I shelved it... and never returned to it. It's still too complicated. LOL But if it'll produce diamonds then yeah... I'll go find a youtube tutorial and then feel like a dummy at how easy it is. :)

I can sum it up for you. Plant an ordo seed, and wait an hour or two for it to mature. Harvest it, and note that your seed left behind 1 point of ordo in the plot. Next plant your Terra seed in that 1-ordo plot. Wait until it matures, and harvest. Note that it left 1 point of Terra in that plot. You now have a plot of soil with 1 point of ordo and 1 point of terra, which are the aspects that make up the gem compound aspect. There's a chance that your seed has become that gem compound aspect. If it has, you've got your gem seed that you should plant on a fresh plot. If it hasn't changed, then plant the ordo seed again. Harvest, and if it hasn't changed yet, plant the terra seed. Keep alternating the seeds until you get a gem seed. I alternate the seeds so as to keep the aspects in the soil even.

You do not want to plant infused seeds adjacent to each other, because aspects in the soil can spread to adjacent infused soil plots, making the numbers uneven.

Anyhow, once you've got your gem seeds, plant them in fresh soil and set up your harvest golem and gather golem.

Does that make sense?

As an aside, I recall hunting for information on infused seeds and not finding much that was helpful. I learned this through trial and error, and whatever I could glean from online resources on infused seeds.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks gatsu. Much obliged, perfect tutorial. Thaumcraft really is one of the best, if not THE best, mod in all of modded minecraft. And I'm really not a magical mod kinda player - but having pushed the Taint back with Ethereal Blooms, it just amazes me how the mod changes the landscape - totally - but allows you to change it back to where you can't even tell that anything happened except for the loss of the trees and grass/flowers (which can obv be replanted). I mean, some mods add a new machine or a new material, but the things TC does is just "wow".

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks gatsu. Much obliged, perfect tutorial. Thaumcraft really is one of the best, if not THE best, mod in all of modded minecraft. And I'm really not a magical mod kinda player - but having pushed the Taint back with Ethereal Blooms, it just amazes me how the mod changes the landscape - totally - but allows you to change it back to where you can't even tell that anything happened except for the loss of the trees and grass/flowers (which can obv be replanted). I mean, some mods add a new machine or a new material, but the things TC does is just "wow".

I agree, thaumcraft is an awesome mod. Just stay away from those terrain altering potions. They rage like a forest fire and have no safeties built in. I once completely wrecked the nether by turning it into snow. I had assumed that the potion would have limits to how far it would alter terrain. Nope. It will keep going forever.

Reactions: sprAngles