[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
1) That is IC2 missing NEI support, so really not my stuff.
2) that they have now 4309:1 when crafting is correct. The 4309 are wrong.
3) Jep, really missed that one recipe. Fixed for the next version.
4) As i wrote, 4309:1 is correct, so it working is also just right. Also found that 3 10k cells into 1 30k cell does not work, but that is a IC2 recipe i do not touch, so IC2 bug.

That all broken recipes, or are there more?

If you're collecting broken recipes, I found that in 3.1.14, the thick neutron reflector isn't craftable (uses a beryllium plate surrounded by four neutron reflectors, I think).

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
SO whose problem is that? Is that server issue? is that player issue? I see alot of these missing recepies.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
SO whose problem is that? Is that server issue? is that player issue? I see alot of these missing recepies.
If you are running a IT2 version 3.1.9 through 3.1.11 there is a bug with minetweaker scripts that require you to load into single player before joining a server to see accurate recipes. This was fixed in 3.1.12 and newer.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm talking about processing redstone ore: i thought you got decent quantities of cinnabar in various steps of the GT ore processing chain for redstone.
You get tiny cinnabar dusts from the ore washing route. I have more cinnebar dust, mercury, and rare earth metals than I know what to do with so I end up still washing my redstone dust in a crucibal because it's the fastest. I really should get around to building that SAG mill...

I also need to either make more HV macerators or start building EV macerators as the two HV macerators I have can't seem to keep up with my Ender Quarry.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, you're correct about that, my bad... but the reason I process my Redstone Ores the GT way is for the tiny dusts of Rare Earth. I'm up to 8 stacks of Rare Earth Dusts now, even tho I have absolutely no idea what the Rare Earth components are used for. But this is my entire point - taking a shortcut for "speed" is often not the best idea in a GT modpack. At some point in the game I am quite certain I will need those Rare Earths and will be quite happy I made so many of them.

The SAG Mill also only returns 8.20 Redstone Dusts per Ore block, while the GT processing gives 10 Dusts per. Probably not a huge deal, but again... it's a shortcut for speed, which costs you mats. Which is more important? That's for each of us to decide for ourselves, of course.

Well I always found that redstone ore was clogging my ore processing system. The byproducts you get (small amounts of cinnabar and rare earth) isn't really worth the time it takes to process that crap. SAG Mill outputs pure redstone dust, in a bit smaller quantities, but not by much.
This, again, is from a perspective of a player with quarry, so if you're counting every redstone you're probably better off with processing it GT-style. But rare earth is really almost useless, you get yttrium which can be used in superconductors, and neodymium which is used for EV recipes. But a single neodymium vein will last you lifetime.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well I always found that redstone ore was clogging my ore processing system. The byproducts you get (small amounts of cinnabar and rare earth) isn't really worth the time it takes to process that crap. SAG Mill outputs pure redstone dust, in a bit smaller quantities, but not by much.
This, again, is from a perspective of a player with quarry, so if you're counting every redstone you're probably better off with processing it GT-style. But rare earth is really almost useless, you get yttrium which can be used in superconductors, and neodymium which is used for EV recipes. But a single neodymium vein will last you lifetime.

This kind of info is so valuable to have, because its difficult to know which dusts are really important and which dusts are "meh" and can be safely ignored until you actually need a few of them. If something like Rare Earth Dust is important in late game, I'd much rather be stockpiling it the whole way as I climb up the GT ladder so I don't have to suddenly make a lot of it at a key moment and slow down to wait while I get enough of it. But if it really isn't very important, I'd rather not waste the time on adding the extra processing steps for Redstone Ore during my entire game. Until we play thru the mod/modpack at least once, the only way to know about these things is by talking to other people, and listening to them. Thanks for sharing.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of tool do i need to mine Iridium? I tried Pickaxe of Core and Advanced Diamond Drill - they just break block, with no ore yielding.

Edit: ok, AdvDiamDrill DOES mine iridium in BigHoles mode, but DOES NOT in any other. Simple DIamond Pickaxe also can`t mine it.

Last edited:

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of tool do i need to mine Iridium? I tried Pickaxe of Core and Advanced Diamond Drill - they just break block, with no ore yielding.

Edit: ok, AdvDiamDrill DOES mine iridium in BigHoles mode, but DOES NOT in any other. Simple DIamond Pickaxe also can`t mine it.

A lvl4 pickaxe or I guess dynamite should also work.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just accidently dropped my Ender IO Capacitor next to a GT LV circuit, and to my great surprise and wonderment, it connected and began to charge up. The whole time I've been playing I've been lugging out a Buildcraft Combustion Engine and basically doing things the hard way to charge that thing up. sigh, and LOL

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I had some ic2 luminators left over from a recipe, stuck them on the wall, can't charge them by right-clicking with a battery like every source I can find says should work. Tried with an re-battery, eneragy crystal, lv battery, and even a chainsaw. Suppose it is just another thing in ic2-exp that doesn't work(yet).

I just accidently dropped my Ender IO Capacitor next to a GT LV circuit, and to my great surprise and wonderment, it connected and began to charge up.

Yeah, Blood Asp mentioned something to this effect when replying about the industrial steam engine. I just figured I was hallucinating, RF out of GT? :) Or is it ender i/o taking in EU?

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
GT5U has RF support. All GT cables can output RF. 32V works everywere, for higher voltage, the targed RF buffer must accept the full package at once. For HV/512V for example, the RF machine must accept at last ~2000RF/t so it works. GT can also in theory convert RF into EU, but that is disabled in IT2.

Reactions: asb3pe

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
could someone tell me the usual mistakes you make when building the EBF?

I just finished my first one and it doesn't run. I have 4 LV Energy Hatches and enough EU stored to finish the Operation, aswell as air above the muffler hatch, but it still fails after using about 12k EU

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
could someone tell me the usual mistakes you make when building the EBF?

I just finished my first one and it doesn't run. I have 4 LV Energy Hatches and enough EU stored to finish the Operation, aswell as air above the muffler hatch, but it still fails after using about 12k EU
Likely not enough Ampere. Depending on cable distance and repair status 5-7 Amp are needed.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
Likely not enough Ampere. Depending on cable distance and repair status 5-7 Amp are needed.

Thank you for the fast reply! it was indeed the amperage... I supplied it with 4 amps, not taking in consideration that there is one maintenance problem i still can't fix

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
The best way for an EBF is to build 3 energy hatches on the corner and get a 9 space battery box facing the middle energy hatch. This way youll be able to supply 8 amps of power to EBF with minimal distance loss (1-2). This is important as EBF has costly recepies and distance DOES matter when we speak >100k energy

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
The best way for an EBF is to build 3 energy hatches on the corner and get a 9 space battery box facing the middle energy hatch. This way youll be able to supply 8 amps of power to EBF with minimal distance loss (1-2). This is important as EBF has costly recepies and distance DOES matter when we speak >100k energy

You'll need to draw me a picture of this setup...

Are you saying that the energy hatches can act as a single unit and 6A can go directly to one of them? Or are there still wires you didn't mention?