[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I cant craft MOX fuel rods in double\quad. I place the recepie with 3 iron plates, 2 copper plates and 4 MOX fuel cells and it crafts, but at that moment it uncrafts back to crafting grid. I feel, that recepie is different..?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
If you are having issues with crafting with Reactor components, try to put IC2 items on their own in the grid. There should be "conversion" recipe (1x1 crafting) to fix them. I can't take a look at this until the weekend.

As for crafting MOX, i dont know what can be wrong in there... Will take a look as well on weekend.

Coolant cell as well... will take a look on weekend.

Also guys please remember to report even the "slightest" issues on github, because I easily can forget it if its just mentioned in here.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Started making electrical steel today. Once I have a Sag Mill are there any important processes that I might be doing with GT that I should do with the Sag Mill instead?

Actually, I use SAG Mill for redstone ore. It takes very long to process GT-style, with very weak byproducts. SAG Mill is faster and gets you redstone dust directly.

Cruds72

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give their save the map, who's well developed? Interesting to see how other people have made. I would be very grateful!!:):)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I use SAG Mill for redstone ore. It takes very long to process GT-style, with very weak byproducts. SAG Mill is faster and gets you redstone dust directly.

But do you get Mercury when using the SAG Mill? That's the whole reason I process Redstone Ore the slow GT way, so I can get Mercury, so I can then process my Magnetite Ores with the Mercury and get Gold.

Speed is good, until the point where it begins to cost you some materials. But maybe people make their gold another way entirely (such at Thaumcraft)?

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
No you get mercury by processing redstone dust, not ore.

Actually, you're correct about that, my bad... but the reason I process my Redstone Ores the GT way is for the tiny dusts of Rare Earth. I'm up to 8 stacks of Rare Earth Dusts now, even tho I have absolutely no idea what the Rare Earth components are used for. But this is my entire point - taking a shortcut for "speed" is often not the best idea in a GT modpack. At some point in the game I am quite certain I will need those Rare Earths and will be quite happy I made so many of them.

The SAG Mill also only returns 8.20 Redstone Dusts per Ore block, while the GT processing gives 10 Dusts per. Probably not a huge deal, but again... it's a shortcut for speed, which costs you mats. Which is more important? That's for each of us to decide for ourselves, of course.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Technically you get a lot of it via cinnabar which you primarily get from the full GT ore processing route. (if memory serves, correct me if I'm wrong)

True, except Cinnabar is found in extremely less quantity than Redstone. I mean, I cannot believe how much Redstone there is to be found and mined out there. I clear out Redstone Ore veins solely for the Ruby Ores (Chrome Dusts), and I usually see that the Cinnabar Ores are low in number compared to the astounding number of Redstone Ores.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
True, except Cinnabar is found in extremely less quantity than Redstone. I mean, I cannot believe how much Redstone there is to be found and mined out there. I clear out Redstone Ore veins solely for the Ruby Ores (Chrome Dusts), and I usually see that the Cinnabar Ores are low in number compared to the astounding number of Redstone Ores.
I'm talking about processing redstone ore: i thought you got decent quantities of cinnabar in various steps of the GT ore processing chain for redstone.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm talking about processing redstone ore: i thought you got decent quantities of cinnabar in various steps of the GT ore processing chain for redstone.

I guess it all depends how you process it. I simply Macerate for 10 Crushed Ores, then Thermal Centrifuge the Crushed Ore for Rare Earth dusts, then Forge Hammer the Centrifuged Redstone to get my 10 Redstone Dusts per ore. No Cinnabar or Mercury involved at all.

To get my Mercury, I then Centrifuge the Redstone Dusts since I have almost infinite quantity. It takes 170 seconds to process 10 Redstone Dusts into 3 buckets of Mercury, so if speed is any concern, you will clearly never be using this method to make your gold ingots. LOL

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
How do i make Overclocker upgrade next? I put all the stuff (3 cool cells, basic/advanced circuit and copper cables) and there is no output.
One thing bothers me - coolant cell i have have ID (or w/e its called now) 4309:1 and recipe has just 4309. I trid to freeze cell - output still 4309:1.
No one knows?:(

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

You have to put the cells into a vacuum freezer to get the version you need for the overclock. that is why the id doesn't match.

I also noticed a few recipes that won't craft in a steve's workshop production table so try a different type of crafting table from whatever isn't working, just in case.

Anybody use Industrial Steam Engines lately? I haven't used them in a long time and they do not work the way they used to. It has an RF buffer now and while the engine produces 80RF/t internally I'm not getting 80RF/t out of it regardless of how I cable it. I'm afraid if I leave it running it will explode when that buffer fills up. I've tried directly attached to a capacitor bank, with conduit, and with kinesis pipe. Nothing pulls 80RF/t and that buffer still fills up.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

This is the "metadata" error with some IC2 recipes that I mentioned earlier. When you look at 10K Coolant Cells, then item number is 4354:1 - the ":1" part is called "metadata". In this modpack, most if not all recipes using 10K Coolant Cells calls for Item#4354, not Item#4354:1, so the recipe doesn't work.

What Jason McRay said is to put the 10K Coolant Cell into a Crafting Table all by itself, and there should be a recipe to convert the item this way from Item#4354:1 to Item#4354. However, it did not work for my and I had to ask my server operator to "creative-spawn" the items into the game in exchange for my raw materials.

At the time I was dealing with this issue, I did not know about any Vacuum Freezer recipe, so I did not try that method. But it makes sense, putting coolant cells into a Freezer to make them!! It's just not obvious in NEI because who looks at metadata? I sure don't. The Vacuum Freezer recipe looks like "put a 10K Cell in, get a 10K Cell out", so it looks like it is a broken recipe.... but its the metadata, you have to look closer at that recipe.

You will have to use the "Jason McRay" method (put item into a crafting table by itself) for stuff like "Advanced Heat Exchanger" which is required to make a Nano Suit. But I still had issues with other IC2 items and had to ask for help from the guy who runs my server.

Last edited:

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it is an error, at least not for every version of the pack.

The recipe worked perfect for me. Pre-vacuum freezer 10k coolant cells did not have the right metadata. After freezing them they had the right metadata and the recipe worked fine.

I can't remember if that was the specific recipe I had to do in a vanilla crafting table as opposed to a production table, though.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: "10K Coolant Cell", which is both Item 4354 and Item 4354:1, should have unique names - such as:
- 10K Coolant Cell (Uncharged) 4354:1, and
- 10K Coolant Cell (Charged) 4354
which would eliminate the confusion, specifically with the Vacuum Freezer recipe.

But perhaps this isn't possible with metadata, to have 2 unique names. I'm not a programmer.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it

Also, in freezer recipe both Input AND Output have ID 4309:1. So yeah, thats not it.

type "10K Coolant Cell" into NEI and click over to the Vacuum Freezer recipe. It's 4354:1 in, and get 4354 out, with no metadata. In other words, a "charged up" Coolant Cell.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
type "10K Coolant Cell" into NEI
Here
2015-10-09_19.57.32.png

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use the most recent version of IT2? It should be all fixed in that. If not, what recipe exactly does not work? All reactor component now should have :1 and all recipes use the :1 items.