[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Cruds72

Jul 29, 2019
You have to make it actively cooled and it will produce steam. Presumably that steam will work in anything in the pack that uses steam, including a Big Reactor's turbine. Or you could just skip the RF step and run the steam into something that produces EU.

The only thing passive BR reactors produce in this pack is waste, which might come in handy if you want to build a BR turbine.
thx !!!

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
How viable are big reactors in this modpack and what tech tier do you get it? Considering how easy it is to automate based on level in a railcraft tank it should be a very good alternative to gregtech large boilers for producing huge amounts of steam.

Based on the config files the fuel consumtion should be x10 and power output should be 0,6 and from what ive read it must be in steam.

Also what materials can you use to cool the reactor in gregtech? i guess graphite should work but im guessing we are missing a lot of the better cooling materials such as cryotheum and liquid ender and the like.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How viable are big reactors in this modpack and what tech tier do you get it? Considering how easy it is to automate based on level in a railcraft tank it should be a very good alternative to gregtech large boilers for producing huge amounts of steam.
They're very viable if you don't mind spending an absolute ton of space and resources on the cooling infrastructure required to convert the power to EU.

A single BR turbine with the best coils (ludicrite) can generate approximately 15000 RF/t. If you can convert that to eu at the optimal rate you get 3750 eu/t from a single turbine.

Optimal Rate is the trick: converting it to EU requires you to first convert the RF into Compressed Air, and then Compressed Air into EU, both of which require pneumaticcraft machines that generate heat when overclocked. And the less you overclock, the more conversion machines you'll need.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking more in the line of using an automated big reactor to produce steam for my regular gregtech steam turbines. So basically keep a tank filled with steam and then convert it to either EU with gregtech steam turbine or rf with one of the rf generators using steam.

Then i could also use the steam to refine other fuels such as oil to diesel and biomass to methanol if i want denser power sources than steam for HV and IV

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was thinking more in the line of using an automated big reactor to produce steam for my regular gregtech steam turbines. So basically keep a tank filled with steam and then convert it to either EU with gregtech steam turbine or rf with one of the rf generators using steam.
That'll work fine if you can supply the reactor with enough water. Also, you don't even need to have a buffer in this case because the reactor heats up almost immediately: you can just skip the buffer, and turn on the reactor whenever you want to send power to your turbines.
(Edit: unless you really do need RF in quantities of course)

The problem is the water: Big Reactors uses an absurd steam/water ratio which means its hard to use if it isn't getting its water back via a closed loop with its turbine. But for your purposes, so long as you keep the reactor really small, several enderio reservoirs will probably suffice.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Aaahh right, is there any better infinite water source than enderio reserves? Previously ive been using fluid transfer nodes in other modpacks that can move extraordinary amounts of fluids in a short time. Wonder how many reservoars i would need to run a 2000 mb steam/tick big reactors, probably to many :)

Edit: ugh, it produces steam at a 1:1 ratio, so 2000 mb/tick of steam means 40 buckets of water per second. Think the reservoars produces 1 bucket per second so i would need 1 reservoir per 100mb/tick of steam the reactor produces...

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Aaahh right, is there any better infinite water source than enderio reserves? Previously ive been using fluid transfer nodes in other modpacks that can move extraordinary amounts of fluids in a short time. Wonder how many reservoars i would need to run a 2000 mb steam/tick big reactors, probably to many :)
A bunch probably but dunno for sure.

If @Xavion's around he can probably give you numbers on the ...thaumcraft...tank...thingies...whose name I forget.

thirsty tanks, right :)

Last edited:

Black0305

Jul 29, 2019
In the latest patchnotes there is a change to Magic Generators ("Allowed Multiple Dragon Eggs in Magic Generators"). But i cant find any working recepie in NEI for them. Is this intended or am I overlooking something?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the gamepedia wiki it says the reservoir puts out 2 buckets per second or 100mb/t.

EDIT This was for @Joel Falk

EDIT: Just saw your edit!!

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Unable to create the alloy Fe50CW. What am i doing wrong?
Personal guess: Wrong voltage? Tungstensteel needs HV, allmost all other recipes only MV.
In the latest patchnotes there is a change to Magic Generators ("Allowed Multiple Dragon Eggs in Magic Generators"). But i cant find any working recepie in NEI for them. Is this intended or am I overlooking something?
They are made with thaumcraft. So look into it's book to research them.

Reactions: Black0305

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Been breeding a lot of bees lately, and I'm to the point where I can get Vis bees now. Before I go down this path, do Vis bees even matter in TC 4.x? Looking specifically at Empowering bees to grow some nodes and Rejuvenating bees near my wand recharge pedestal area.

Also, I built 2 magic apiaries. I didn't bother with the vis enhancers because the magic apiaries don't let you automate with any sort of pipe. You can't even shift-click bees into them they are so manual. I was really excited about this since I'm TC heavy. Sadly, I've had to relegate myself to collecting vast amounts of royal jelly and make alvearies :(

Also, I started this last night. It's highest aspect was 15 when I jarred it:
y4TXAum.jpg

I'm going to let it get to at least 700 in each aspect before I think about energizing it.

Last edited:

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Been breeding a lot of bees lately, and I'm to the point where I can get Vis bees now. Before I go down this path, do Vis bees even matter in TC 4.x? Looking specifically at Empowering bees to grow some nodes and Rejuvenating bees near my wand recharge pedestal area.

Also, I built 2 magic apiaries. I didn't bother with the vis enhancers because the magic apiaries don't let you automate with any sort of pipe. You can't even shift-click bees into them they are so manual. I was really excited about this since I'm TC heavy. Sadly, I've had to relegate myself to collecting vast amounts of royal jelly and make alvearies :(

Also, I started this last night. It's highest aspect was 15 when I jarred it:

Holy smokes, that is a strong node. Re: alveary production, you can automate the paneling and casing production using ae2, crafting cards, export busses, fluid extractors, assemblers, and the carpenter.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I wrote that last message on the metro. To clarify, I've automated my alveary production as follows:

1. My bee combs get routed to a series of centrifuges via ender IO item conduits and filters.
2. Comb products are sent into my AE2 network.
3. Honeydew is exported to a fluid extractor, and the honey is pushed into a drum via ender IO fluid conduits.
4. Honey is pushed from the drum to the carpenter via ender IO fluid conduits.
5. A better barrel is set up with an AE2 export bus / crafting card for completed paneling.
6. An AE2 interface is hooked up to the carpenter with the panel recipe (3 planks, 2 beeswax, 1 royal jelly, 1 pollen).
7. An AE2 import bus is hooked up to the carpenter to pull in the panels.
8. An AE2 recipe for wheat > seed conversion is set up on a molecular assembler.
9. An AE2 export bus / crafting card is hooked up to a fluid extractor, and the seed oil is pushed into a drum via ender IO fluid conduits.
10. Seed oil is pushed from the drum to an assembler via ender IO fluid conduits.
11. An AE2 export bus is hooked up to the assembler, exporting logs.
12. An AE2 import bus is hooked up to the assembler, importing the casings.

It's a bit of a chore setting this up, but once its set up, the alvearies will start rolling in at a steady rate. I've noticed that my seed oil production is lagging behind badly. I've only got 2 farmerly bees producing wheat--I might need to treble that, or perhaps scrap them and set up a Forestry wheat farm instead.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it's not so much the crafting or automation of the alvearies that bothers me. I've bred Chestnut trees with forestry so that seed oil isn't an issue. I've got 4 LV centrifuges to sort out bee combs. It's that I can't seem to produce enough royal jelly to build the alvearies I want and to satisfy my insatiable need to mutate things with the mutagen :)

Alvearies work fine. But I wanted Magic Apiaries being fed by a nice sized node to be even more fine. And they're not, as far as I can tell they're broken or never fully implemented :(

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it's not so much the crafting or automation of the alvearies that bothers me. I've bred Chestnut trees with forestry so that seed oil isn't an issue. I've got 4 LV centrifuges to sort out bee combs. It's that I can't seem to produce enough royal jelly to build the alvearies I want and to satisfy my insatiable need to mutate things with the mutagen :)

Alvearies work fine. But I wanted Magic Apiaries being fed by a nice sized node to be even more fine. And they're not, as far as I can tell they're broken or never fully implemented :(
Yeah, i, too, was disappointed by that. I think that recipe should be removed so that people like you and I don't make them by mistake.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I collected a bunch of Thaumcraft Aura Nodes and moved them to my base in jars, but I only separated them by 1 block and they all combined and basically all dropped to 1 point each. Useless. So I destroyed them all and gotta start over. LOL So what is a safe distance to keep nodes separated so they won't do this, and still be close enough so my Wand Charging Pedestal will still work off the Nodes?

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
So I collected a bunch of Thaumcraft Aura Nodes and moved them to my base in jars, but I only separated them by 1 block and they all combined and basically all dropped to 1 point each. Useless. So I destroyed them all and gotta start over. LOL So what is a safe distance to keep nodes separated so they won't do this, and still be close enough so my Wand Charging Pedestal will still work off the Nodes?

I found 5m distance between was adequate.

Reactions: asb3pe

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019

Node Bullying has a range of 5 blocks and the Wand Charging Pedastal has a range of 8 blocks. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/Thaumcraft/Node

Reactions: asb3pe