[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
GTEU into basic capacitor bank works without problems
maybe bring the energy conduits back but not the generators
I would like to have, say, the Stirling Generator back because it's the only generator that uses solid fuel and doesn't need a steam setup, so if you just need a little RF power at a remote place where you really don't want to setup something complicated it's the way to go. However, I miss the conduits much more, because of their ability to coexist with other conduit types.

@SolManX
Actually you shouldn't be able to make Railcraft iron plates. IIRC, the rolling machine was disabled and you're supposed to use GT's metal bender which does, basically the same for the same cost. I don't recall exactly but I checked my ability to make an iron tank and all it required was the use of some basic GT machines you will want to have anyway.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Woe is me. Found a decent amount of iron, tons of copper, bundles of tin (yay) but .... no coal veins anywhere, just lignite. So I thought I'd best build an Iron Tank so that I don't waste any steam.

In a previous GT pack I played with, the railcraft iron plates were interchangeable with GT Hammer-ed iron plates (where you use the hammer in the crafting grid, that is), but here they're not. Is that intentional?
1) You cannot make railcraft iron plates anymore.
2) I think this recipes explains it :p

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
@SolManX
Actually you shouldn't be able to make Railcraft iron plates. IIRC, the rolling machine was disabled and you're supposed to use GT's metal bender which does, basically the same for the same cost. I don't recall exactly but I checked my ability to make an iron tank and all it required was the use of some basic GT machines you will want to have anyway.

I hadn't even tried the railcraft plates yet - I'd just gone ahead and GT-hammered a bunch of iron plates assuming they'd work. I was assuming the GT Hammer (tool) and the Steam Forge Hammer each made the same plates and that they would work for the Iron Tank.

EDIT: hopefully I understood DarknessShadow below

1) You cannot make railcraft iron plates anymore.
2) I think this recipes explains it :p

Aha! Is that rather confusing picture up the top is telling me that I *can* use the GT-hammered plates, just need to use the GT tools in the recipe? If so, thanks very much for that.

(I'm at work at the moment so can't check until later).

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Aha! Is that rather confusing picture up the top is telling me that I *can* use the GT-hammered plates, just need to use the GT tools in the recipe? If so, thanks very much for that.
Yes, that's exactly what it means. A wrench (needn't be an electric one) and a hammer plus four GT iron plates make eight iron tank walls.

Reactions: SolManX

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with the FTB launcher not loading the pack? I did a fresh install upon a different computer and now I am getting an error when FTB tries to launch the pack.

[09:07:08] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[09:07:08] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Launcher seems to work for other mod packs.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Anyone else having issues with the FTB launcher not loading the pack? I did a fresh install upon a different computer and now I am getting an error when FTB tries to launch the pack.

[09:07:08] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Have you considered switching to Java 1.8? This appears to be Java 1.7 code...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Make sure you have updated JAVA. If thats not the case its most likeley corrupted download, delete whole instance (or maybe even FTB launcher), make backups (of course before you will delete it) and redownload it again. If it will not help, give me full crash-log via www.pastebin.com

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered switching to Java 1.8? This appears to be Java 1.7 code...

I just checked and it is already running Java 8 version 1.8. Going to try Jason's idea and just remove all FTB folders and try a fresh install of the entire thing. The odd part is I could launch Infinity or Regrowth just fine but not InfiTech.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, the complete removal and re-install of FTB and the mod pack fixed the issue. One odd thing I noticed when I tried loading my saved world, the IDs for all the Extrabiomes XL biomes were different. It was easy to changing the config but did they change some place along the way? Anyways, thanks for the help Jason and keep the youtube videos coming!

Reactions: Jason McRay

Irosu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have problem with steam alloy smelter. I wanted to make a bronze, but steam alloy smelter dont make.
You can a photo
ao9npt.jpg

Can you help me?

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Hi - long time thread lurker - but just started out in v3.

Woe is me. Found a decent amount of iron, tons of copper, bundles of tin (yay) but .... no coal veins anywhere, just lignite. So I thought I'd best build an Iron Tank so that I don't waste any steam.

In a previous GT pack I played with, the railcraft iron plates were interchangeable with GT Hammer-ed iron plates (where you use the hammer in the crafting grid, that is), but here they're not. Is that intentional?

BTW whoever was looking for antimony, I saw (in either Lac's or Joe's vids) that Stibnite is a source.
Thx, it was probably me that was looking for it haha :) yah i saw it can come from stibnite, not sure if i have found stibnite yet tho, thx for the heads up.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have problem with steam alloy smelter. I wanted to make a bronze, but steam alloy smelter dont make.
You can a photo
ao9npt.jpg

Can you help me?
You need to make sure the steam exhaust is unblocked. Right Click with wrench on a side to set it. Of course keep in mind, alloy smelter uses a LOT of steam (i think its most steam hungry machine in Steam Age)

Reactions: Irosu

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, the complete removal and re-install of FTB and the mod pack fixed the issue. One odd thing I noticed when I tried loading my saved world, the IDs for all the Extrabiomes XL biomes were different. It was easy to changing the config but did they change some place along the way? Anyways, thanks for the help Jason and keep the youtube videos coming!
v2 worlds arent really compatible with v3.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
You can a photo
ao9npt.jpg

Can you help me?
It seems like your machine is stuck in an infinite loop, you need to craft a wooden hammer and use it on the machine to disable machine processing so you can let it fill up with steam again.
Keep in mind that the steam alloy smelter requires a shit-ton of steam to operate, try plunking the steam alloy smelter directly to a steam output source without fluid pipes if possible, or just craft a really good fluid pipe for it... or don't smelt too much at once with it and let it refill between batches.

Use the hammer on the machine again to enable machine processing after it has refilled for a while.

Or what @Jason McRay said, forgot about the exhaust, not sure how it looks like when it is blocked :D

Reactions: Irosu

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
v2 worlds arent really compatible with v3.

That is the odd thing, this is not a v 2 world. I held off starting the pack until v3 was out Satudary and then I started a new DL'ed the pack and started my world. Yet when I went to copy the save game over into the new install the ids for Extrabiomes where different. Guess I will just have to keep any eye upon them in future updates.

Irosu

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like your machine is stuck in an infinite loop, you need to craft a wooden hammer and use it on the machine to disable machine processing so you can let it fill up with steam again.
Keep in mind that the steam alloy smelter requires a shit-ton of steam to operate, try plunking the steam alloy smelter directly to a steam output source without fluid pipes if possible, or just craft a really good fluid pipe for it... or don't smelt too much at once with it and let it refill between batches.

Use the hammer on the machine again to enable machine processing after it has refilled for a while.

Or what @Jason McRay said, forgot about the exhaust, not sure how it looks like when it is blocked :D

Thank you and @Jason McRay. The problem is the steam exhaust is blocked. Thank =)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
So....an Electric Furnace can't cook wood into charcoal like any other furnace can? Is that intentional? I've been at it for an hour getting the Electric Furnace to work which it didn't appear to do, before I thought to put some ore in instead of wood. It smelts the ore all right, but does nothing with wood.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
So....an Electric Furnace can't cook wood into charcoal like any other furnace can? Is that intentional? I've been at it for an hour getting the Electric Furnace to work which it didn't appear to do, before I thought to put some ore in instead of wood. It smelts the ore all right, but does nothing with wood.

No furnace can smelt wood. But a coke oven can (as well as turning coal into coke, ofc).

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Actually no furnace can smelt wood to charcoal, your only options for it really are coke ovens or thaumcraft. Technically the arc furnace or something can do it as well but that's not really effective.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Having a strange issue with this pack, it appears it might be just me, but wondering if anyone has any idea what's going on. It's like my game is stuck in an endless cycle of chunk updates, more than my PC can keep up with. If I hit F3 and escape to pause I can watch it work through the backlog of chunk updates and eventually hit 0, as soon as I unpause it instantly jumps back to over 100 chunk updates, my FPS starts to tank, and the game eventually becomes unplayable due to lag when trying to place/break blocks. This happens in a fresh world with the default mods and settings while I am just standing still looking at the ground. Reducing my view distance and walking around I may have found small areas where this doesn't happen (or it just randomly stops for a few minutes at times), so it seems like something in the world gen is causing this in certain areas.

I have tried everything I can think of, removing fastcraft, adding optifine, disabling dimensional anchors (I know mods related to chunk loaders can sometimes cause issues), adding chicken chunks, editing my FTB launcher settings to add more permgen. I looked through the logs and found nothing that indicates a cause, just a lot of world has leaked messages and can't keep up errors.

I have a pretty decent PC with the latest java, I usually play at "max settings" without issue, even in other large mod packs, so I'm really at a loss here.

Last edited: