[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There is an old famous mod named, most appropriately, "Power Converters". Its latest version can convert between EU and RF. I have used it for that purpose in the Resonant Rise pack. It has "producers" and "acceptors" for the various types of power, connected through an energy bridge.
I've been avoiding raising that up since it still just converts power via the bridge, and we can already do that.

It also has some cheesy abilities like turning steam directly into power.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Are you telling me I really have to use knowledge fragments for that? All other hidden research can be uncovered by scanning specific things, and that's how I usually get my hidden research since I go out of my way, sometimes for hours, to really scan everything. Which is good since I rarely get more than a handful of knowledge fragments in any given world.
Yeah I think so, really the best way to be sure is to ask @Blood Asp how do you unlock advanced metallurgy and can you please make it not a hidden research?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I've been avoiding raising that up since it still just converts power via the bridge, and we can already do that.

It also has some cheesy abilities like turning steam directly into power.
You could remove those by disabling the steam acceptor block. Also, we can already do that? How?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I just noticed that the ability to paint conduit facades is gated beyond the HV tier because making the electrical steel needed for the painting machine requires 480 EU/t. Isn't that a little extreme?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You could remove those by disabling the steam acceptor block. Also, we can already do that? How?
We can bridge RF/EU via GC and PneumaticCraft.

In galacticraft you use Energy Storage Modules/Clusters, which have a limited throughput.

In PC you use Flux Compressors and Pneumatic Generators to go from RF to EU.

See pneumaticcraft example: http://imgur.com/Asoi2W0

What you see is three bridges surrounded by heatsinks. In this case I'm trying to handle the 10k rf/t output from a BR turbine. I'm only managing around 7k of it probably, at an efficiency of around 75% due to overheating.

I just noticed that the ability to paint conduit facades is gated beyond the HV tier because making the electrical steel needed for the painting machine requires 480 EU/t. Isn't that a little extreme?
Well the steel itself isn't horrible at 480 eu/t, but having facades tiered back there is really silly.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask why Elecrtical steel is 480 eu/t? What's the point of that? It's required for making Yeta wrench, which is a basic tool for anything EIO-related, as well as other basic machines. So to start using simple things like eio conduits you need HV tech? WTF?

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Dayum so much research done in TC today basicly the entire automagy tree, lots of interesting stuff.
Notibly: golem workbench for one :D white list and black list and hungry hand mirrors! geessh so much good stuff not enough time to try it all.
With so much TC stuff i might as well go all the way and do as much as possible with TC if anything to just learn what there is and how it works :)

Isn't that hard actually when i start doing stuff with a goal, i notice i have a problem of getting distracted, that large bronze boiled should have been finished 2 days ago lol, isn't so hard... But i just have to do it the "nice & clean" way, sorta, in a perfect hyper efficient order or something.

Like should i really go for the LBB before i even have 5 basic steam turbines to make use of the steam?, should i instaid automate ingot production to make that easier before doing all of this? or should i start with the electric blast furnace... or with centrifuging tetrehedrite to make batteries? or make the battery buffers before the batteries? or. oor... WHAT is the "best" path!?!? arghh can think about this for a long time lol. Yet it might take like 2 minutes to reach one of these goals =_= anyone else have this problem?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I really was hoping it will work, but finding out that it will just not... Also i realized that eIO machines cant be also powered by GTEU... well :(

If someone doesnt have working suggestion (either mod suggestion or coding suggestion) how to make this actually work, I will be removingkeep partial RF support in 3.0.1 and will again use visibly separate two energy systems. :(
Why, just why there is not just ONE energy system, why almost every other mod needs to come with their own.
You are right the enderio MACHINES cannot accept GTEU BUT the enderio capacitor bank has no problem accepting it (works from batterybuffer / transformer and cable to capacitor) and the basic capacitor bank (1million rf storage) is not so expensive that you cannot place one infront of every enderio machine (4 basic capacitors , 4 iron and 1 redstone block)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Can I ask why Elecrtical steel is 480 eu/t? What's the point of that? It's required for making Yeta wrench, which is a basic tool for anything EIO-related, as well as other basic machines. So to start using simple things like eio conduits you need HV tech? WTF?
I'd suggest a change, but there's an additional problem: Electrical Steel requires silicon, which is also gated beyond the MV tier at least. Meanwhile, conduit facades are really easy to make and the conduit recipes are (appropriately) LV. I think it would be best to change the recipes for the yeta wrench and the painting machine to require normal steel instead of electrical steel.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You are right the enderio MACHINES cannot accept GTEU BUT the enderio capacitor bank has no problem accepting it (works from batterybuffer / transformer and cable to capacitor) and the basic capacitor bank (1million rf storage) is not so expensive that you cannot place one infront of every enderio machine (4 basic capacitors , 4 iron and 1 redstone block)
Basic capacitors now use gold ingots instead of nuggets. I'd say the capacitor has become extremely expensive.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Painting machine is supposed to be "early" tech, so yea, its bit too much, it will be changed. Thanks for pointing that out.
Electrical steel recipe is default gregtech recipe. It is not even HV, it is MV (4x MV energy hatch). Yeta wrench should be craftable within Steam age (Regular wrench + 3x pulsating iron) I have it in my dev environment, i must have forgot to push it in. Thanks.

Also you don't need Yeta Wrench to work with eIO conduits. You can use regular BC wrench, it doesnt have functions as hiding other conduits, but still works perfectly.
As for basic eIO machines. There are no basic ones. Well maybe the Item Buffer (but who uses that really) and said Painting Machine.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
As for basic eIO machines. There are no basic ones. Well maybe the Item Buffer (but who uses that really) and said Painting Machine.

I'm using the buffers, they're very useful and should be cheaper.

Also about 2 separate energy system. I don't understand why you have a problem with it. EU and RF are just separate - they have different uses, different purposes etc. EU can't be used for powering RF machines. RF CAN be used for EU machines, but with a lot of effort. So it's fine.

Any other reasons to get rid of RF other than purist ones?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the buffers, they're very useful and should be cheaper.

Also about 2 separate energy system. I don't understand why you have a problem with it. EU and RF are just separate - they have different uses, different purposes etc. EU can't be used for powering RF machines. RF CAN be used for EU machines, but with a lot of effort. So it's fine.

Any other reasons to get rid of RF other than purist ones?
As I mentioned. RF gen machines and conduits will be back. Its quite simple to do as well, all required is just disable zRFsupport.zs script (so you can also do it on your own). It will bring back everything, and still it will be bit GTed.

I will lower the cost of buffers for you then :)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
16 gold for 1 basic capacitor bank is not extremly expensive
No, but 4 gold for one basic capacitor is, especially considering how scarce gold is in this pack. Taking the latter into account - at this point in other packs, I usually have about ten times as much gold as I have now in Infitech - I'd say it's about 100 times as expensive as in non-GT packs with the original recipe. I'm fine with the lower prevalence of gold, but making the capacitors 9 times as expensive on top of it is drastic.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
If you're modifying Ender IO costs look at the conduit upgrades, the conduit speed upgrade, speed downgrade, probe, mod filter, and chargeable filter all require electrical steel making them MV-HV stuff and the advanced item and existing item filters are also MV due to needing silicon plates. You also missed some of the uses for crafting devices while removing them, the two I've spotted being the teslatite alloys and the Buildcraft lenses.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
In the previous version, there were some recipes that required an industrial diamond specifically, rather than "a diamond, natural or man-made". IIRC, I noticed this first with the diamond grinding head but there are a few others. Was this intentional? I haven't checked if they're unchanged in V3 but I can't see any rationale for that restriction, so I think it may have been unintentional, in which case it should be changed. Not that it's all that difficult to make an industrial diamond (at least it wasn't in V2) but IMO a restriction like that should make some sense.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
As I mentioned. RF gen machines and conduits will be back. Its quite simple to do as well, all required is just disable zRFsupport.zs script (so you can also do it on your own). It will bring back everything, and still it will be bit GTed.

I will lower the cost of buffers for you then :)
GTEU into basic capacitor bank works without problems
maybe bring the energy conduits back but not the generators

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Hi - long time thread lurker - but just started out in v3.

Woe is me. Found a decent amount of iron, tons of copper, bundles of tin (yay) but .... no coal veins anywhere, just lignite. So I thought I'd best build an Iron Tank so that I don't waste any steam.

In a previous GT pack I played with, the railcraft iron plates were interchangeable with GT Hammer-ed iron plates (where you use the hammer in the crafting grid, that is), but here they're not. Is that intentional?

BTW whoever was looking for antimony, I saw (in either Lac's or Joe's vids) that Stibnite is a source.