[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and btw. I managed to tweak my recording setup and I am able to record InfiTech in 1080p with whooping 60fps :D

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm outta ideas. In theory he could do what he wanted through galacticraft storage clusters, but they already convert power outside of blood asp's stuff anyway.

PneumaticCraft conversion would be really cool at this stage but he might not have the tech/resources for the conversion blocks.
No both of those are way too high, Galacticraft requiring HV machines and Pneumaticcraft MV machines.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I really was hoping it will work, but finding out that it will just not... Also i realized that eIO machines cant be also powered by GTEU... well :(

If someone doesnt have working suggestion (either mod suggestion or coding suggestion) how to make this actually work, I will be removingkeep partial RF support in 3.0.1 and will again use visibly separate two energy systems. :(
Why, just why there is not just ONE energy system, why almost every other mod needs to come with their own.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The only suggestion I can think of is attempting to find an EU/RF convertor, some mod has got to have one and if you can then you can even keep the GT cables only thing by making them basically just act as transformers. Not sure what mods add them though, they tend to be fairly uncommon.

On a different note I was just testing something and had a crash, I placed two thickened glass covers next to each other specifically to see what the connected textures look like as I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that XU has some support for them with microblocks. I got this crash log though which seems to have nothing to do with it, a bigger issue is relaunching the world gives this crash. So yeah, don't place XU blocks with connected textures as microblocks next to each other. I was using thickened glass to be more precise.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think the two energy systems is Fine Jason. This is how it is in every pack ever, its not a big deal.

Suggestion: Lets see if we can lower the entry level for Rf->Eu conversion in pneumaticcraft. Its bulky but its scaleable, and it makes realistic sense for machines that use just compressed air and no electricity.

This works even better if you make the speed upgrades require MV. Speed upgrades increase the conversion threshold, so early-tech conversion would be very limited on throughput.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only suggestion I can think of is attempting to find an EU/RF convertor, some mod has got to have one and if you can then you can even keep the GT cables only thing by making them basically just act as transformers. Not sure what mods add them though, they tend to be fairly uncommon.
We have two: GC and pneumaticcraft. And as per above, the PC version would make thematic sense in the LV or Steam era.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
We have two: GC and pneumaticcraft. And as per above, the PC version would make thematic sense in the LV or Steam era.
So make it so you don't need stuff like advanced circuits to do it? That makes sense.

There is a separate thing though, what actually needs RF still? With Ender IO's machines gone and integrated into GT it's just buildcraft that still needs it right? So what if you don't include more then it's RF gen and transfer for RF? It's much lower tier generally and you only have a couple of machines such as the quarry, the lasers to deal with robots unless they can be integrated away and pipes. Unfortunately pipes and machines I can't see a good method of dealing with, well pipes are fine as they need direct contact with the engine and different engines just give better pipe speeds but if people want stuff like the quarry or mining well or whatever they'll need RF gen, you could limit them to just buildcraft engines as they power Buildcraft machines though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So make it so you don't need stuff like advanced circuits to do it? That makes sense.

There is a separate thing though, what actually needs RF still? With Ender IO's machines gone and integrated into GT it's just buildcraft that still needs it right? So what if you don't include more then it's RF gen and transfer for RF? It's much lower tier generally and you only have a couple of machines such as the quarry, the lasers to deal with robots unless they can be integrated away and pipes. Unfortunately pipes and machines I can't see a good method of dealing with, well pipes are fine as they need direct contact with the engine and different engines just give better pipe speeds but if people want stuff like the quarry or mining well or whatever they'll need RF gen, you could limit them to just buildcraft engines as they power Buildcraft machines though.
I'd hate to get rid of Big Reactors. They're totally op in a lot of ways (which can be fixed in configs) but they're so fun, and I like how they take up a stupidly huge amount of space. And they look cool :)

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
I think the two energy systems is Fine Jason. This is how it is in every pack ever, its not a big deal.

Agreed, most Gregtech packs that I have played keep them apart because they just don't play well with one another. So RF for RF machines and GTUE for his stuff. You could try out the power converter mod and set the ratio for RF to GTUE to a rate that would keep them balanced to allow some cross over. Now can Forestry hard mode setting. 4 times the standard power consumption is pretty insane...

So far really enjoying the pack, still working my way thru the bronze age (god I forgot just how much damn bronze I needed....) and having the RF situation sorted out will be helpful once I hit the electric age and can start building machines from across several different packs.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Has Forestry and AE been converted to run on GTEU?
I'm running on the last of the old version (2) of infitech but i can run a AE2 charger on EU but i ended up moving the charger to my treefarm where i don't have EU so i ended up using AE power instaid which i get from the vibrator chamber something from the AE2 mod itself, accepts most solid fuels apparently.

Why i'm doing this? going into AE2? it is annoying as fuck not knowing about it when everybody else seems to use it... also i heard it can be used for autocrafting stuff, which i need for my automated metal production i'm planning on doing. I've seen that i can store essentia (or the equivalent) in AE2 systems as well, this might be a great boon to me as my storage system isn't the best.

BUUUT.. then i saw that i needed silicon ingots/plates...... which is not possible until i build an electric blast furnace (EBF?) This is gregteched to make it a more later game mod (AE2) than usual i guess, if it was easier i can see why everybody is using it.

I already wanted to make a large bronze boiler tho which is great, a LBB can supply a EBF by itself so i don't need to build like 30 coal burners.. i just realized: with all that steam where am i going to store the power or steam it generates? I REAAAALY want to start with batteries to make this a nonissue... BUUUUT to start with batteries i need.. sulfur (already got tons) but also BATTERY ALLOY!!! i can easily duplicate it if i find it somehow.. but i haven't.... i can make battery alloy with a rare metal: antimony and common metal: lead....

All this shiet made me go out and explore and do the 1x1 holes to bedrock explorational digging every 3 chunks or so, already found several veins of stuff but no redstone, diamonds or antimony(or battery alloy for that matter) found some small redstone ore and that made me happy tho :D

Okay this made me wet a tear just right now as of typing: Found out that i can centrifuge (20 eu/t) tetrahedrite for antimony!! :) already have a centrifuge as well..

Think i have veins of that stuff, need to check again as i don't have any of the ore left, with this i can finally start producing endless steam eventually without wasting anything! (particularly useful when i get the LBB built which produces tons of steam)

Geesh, all my problems seem to be non-issues for you guys, i'm such a slow progresser.

TL;DR: Struggling because bad automation :(

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running on the last of the old version (2) of infitech but i can run a AE2 charger on EU but i ended up moving the charger to my treefarm where i don't have EU so i ended up using AE power instaid which i get from the vibrator chamber something from the AE2 mod itself, accepts most solid fuels apparently.

Why i'm doing this? going into AE2? it is annoying as fuck not knowing about it when everybody else seems to use it... also i heard it can be used for autocrafting stuff, which i need for my automated metal production i'm planning on doing.

BUUUT.. then i saw that i needed silicon ingots/plates...... which is not possible until i build an electric blast furnace (EBF?) This is gregteched to make it a more later game mod (AE2) than usual i guess, if it was easier i can see why everybody is using it.

I already wanted to make a large bronze boiler tho which is great, a LBB can supply a EBF by itself so i don't need to build like 30 coal burners.. i just realized: with all that steam where am i going to store the power or steam it generates? I REAAAALY want to start with batteries to make this a nonissue... BUUUUT to start with batteries i need.. sulfur (already got tons) but also BATTERY ALLOY!!! i can easily duplicate it if i find it somehow.. but i haven't.... i can make battery alloy with a rare metal: antimony and common metal: lead....

All this shiet made me go out and explore and do the 1x1 holes to bedrock explorational digging every 3 chunks or so, already found several veins of stuff but no redstone, diamonds or antimony(or battery alloy for that matter) found some small redstone ore and that made me happy tho :D

Okay this made me wet a tear just right now as of typing: Found out that i can centrifuge (20 eu/t) tetrahedrite for antimony!! :) already have a centrifuge as well..

Think i have veins of that stuff, need to check again as i don't have any of the ore left, with this i can finally start producing endless steam eventually without wasting anything! (particularly useful when i get the LBB built which produces tons of steam)

Geesh, all my problems seem to be non-issues for you guys, i'm such a slow progresser.

You think your progression is slow? lol
Half the stuff @Pyure and @Xavion talk about on this thread ... well, they may as well be in fuckin' dutch!
I have to see someone else do it to understand and i havnt seen any gregtech automation tutorials on youtube...

Reactions: Tsuko

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Why i'm doing this? going into AE2? it is annoying as fuck not knowing about it when everybody else seems to use it... also i heard it can be used for autocrafting stuff, which i need for my automated metal production i'm planning on doing.

I dunno man it sounds like you're doing pretty good to me :)

Antimony comes from tetrahedrite veins. Like tin, its a high-elevation ore, you'll find it just running around on the surface.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
On a different note I was just testing something and had a crash, I placed two thickened glass covers next to each other specifically to see what the connected textures look like as I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that XU has some support for them with microblocks. I got this crash log though which seems to have nothing to do with it, a bigger issue is relaunching the world gives this crash. So yeah, don't place XU blocks with connected textures as microblocks next to each other. I was using thickened glass to be more precise.
Known issue. https://github.com/rwtema/extrautilities/issues/620

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno man it sounds like you're doing pretty good to me :)
Antimony comes from tetrahedrite veins. Like tin, its a high-elevation ore, you'll find it just running around on the surface.

thx :)

ahhh that makes sense, i like the by-product system and how the ore generation works.

Edit: Geesh i just automated iron ingot crafting with a BC auto workbench next to my thaumcraft nugget production.. so simple, doesn't even require RF as i feared (even then it would only be an issue of making some redstone engines i guess.. but still, i want to avoid RF 100%) I was thinking about using super crafting frames and a golem with the golem animator core "USE" to punch the super craftin frame to craft stuff with stuff in the chest? but my first thought was to have golems walk to the super crafting frame with a nugget in their hand and craft things that way, i wonder if this works?

Can't seem to get golems to punch super crafting frames.. maybe i'm just doing it wrong?
Oh well, there is also automagy, which i think has autocrafting? i need to look into that.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
thx :)

ahhh that makes sense, i like the by-product system and how the ore generation works.

Edit: Geesh i just automated iron ingot crafting with a BC auto workbench next to my thaumcraft nugget production.. so simple, doesn't even require RF as i feared (even then it would only be an issue of making some redstone engines i guess.. but still, i want to avoid RF 100%) I was thinking about using super crafting frames and a golem with the golem animator core "USE" to punch the super craftin frame to craft stuff with stuff in the chest? but my first thought was to have golems walk to the super crafting frame with a nugget in their hand and craft things that way, i wonder if this works?

Can't seem to get golems to punch super crafting frames.. maybe i'm just doing it wrong?
Oh well, there is also automagy, which i think has autocrafting? i need to look into that.
I eventually want to see images of all these crazy plans please :)

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I eventually want to see images of all these crazy plans please :)
Ahh sorry, here is a picture of a lot of thaumcraft stuff.
The thaumatorium is the nearest device with some hungry chests nearby and the super crafting frame and the "use" golem i'm trying to use.

Uhm.. its a chest item on the super crafting frame ATM because i ran out of nuggets testing this thing lol....

Mah.. the Super crafting frame is just something to use manually, not even red stone will activate it, searching forums and doing my own testing... So i either use build craft or steve's factory manager for autocrafting "early game" OR automagy, which is just an addon of an existing mod.

I like doing as much as possible with as few mods as possible, which is why i'm avoiding RF for example. Super crafting frame is such as small mod but it would be nice if i could do without addons and mods, just gregtech or thaumcraft autocrafting... maybe there is one for gregtech and i just missed it... hmmm the packager! perhaps.

I did something cool before with arcane ears and a noteblock and a golem pulling a lever activating the noteblock many times keeping many valves open/closed for as long as i wanted without some complicated redstone logic (or i just didn't think straight lol) it was like the golem was drumming, playing a tune saying: valves SHUT! or valves OPEN!, was fun but i was already on a slippery slope because i was piping different essentia in the same tubes which caused problems, which is why i'm using the filter tubes on the thaumatorium now, i never get problems and all the extra essentia (or random essentia) i might need can be added by advanced double aer upgraded flesh golems with bowties traveling on paving stone of travel!, hint: they are friggin fast! :D (interesting experiment here to see how fast i can get a golem to work!)

I wonder: is it possible to combine paving stone of travel speed buff with ice blocks and all that jazz to boost the speed gain?

The fast golem approach is nice if i want to cut down on golem usage, but i could also use another strategy of buffering: just put a jar near the thaumatorium and have a alchemy golem fill that jar (a strong golem preferly) and then have another golem but a cheap alchemy golem fill the thaumatorium via the jar next to it, a lot of fun stuff.

Attachments

• 2015-06-08_22.22.16.png
    2015-06-08_22.22.16.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The TC aluminum recipe is hidden research iirc, you have to get evrything required and then combine knowledge fragments for it.
Are you telling me I really have to use knowledge fragments for that? All other hidden research can be uncovered by scanning specific things, and that's how I usually get my hidden research since I go out of my way, sometimes for hours, to really scan everything. Which is good since I rarely get more than a handful of knowledge fragments in any given world.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The only suggestion I can think of is attempting to find an EU/RF convertor, some mod has got to have one....
There is an old famous mod named, most appropriately, "Power Converters". Its latest version can convert between EU and RF. I have used it for that purpose in the Resonant Rise pack. It has "producers" and "acceptors" for the various types of power, connected through an energy bridge.