[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
Did you remove Biomes O Plenty by accident? It is not in the mod folder after update. Cannot make a new world with BoP.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Did you remove Biomes O Plenty by accident? It is not in the mod folder after update. Cannot make a new world with BoP.
It was removed deliberately due to boredom with it (every pack has it)

Feel free to re-add it yourself, it shouldn't cause any major problems.

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
It was removed deliberately due to boredom with it (every pack has it)

Feel free to re-add it yourself, it shouldn't cause any major problems.
Why remove it? You can select if you want to use it or not ingame. Also, its not in the changelog, thats why I wondered.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I've re-added BOP because I found the worlds I created without it strangely tame. There were no problems.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Let me answer your question with a question: How many ingots of tungsten average should I find in a given volcano?

If that answer is higher than, say, 5, I'd go out of my way to scrape every volcano for it.
Simple maths, average yield of 2.1 tungsten per chest + 13.5 ingots in the form of blocks combined with the probability for chests to spawn gives an average rate of 31.2 ingots per volcano if my quick maths is right. Of course you're almost definitely going to lose some of it to the TNT traps but that's pretty difficult to calculate as it varies a ton, so yeah a few blocks of tungsten on average.

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
I've re-added BOP because I found the worlds I created without it strangely tame. There were no problems.
Yeah, I have just explored a while in a non-BoP world and it is just too boring. I will add BoP back too. Good to hear there was no problems (so far).

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
The spawnrate was lowered in the version in the pack. So maybe you are just "unlucky" with RNG.
D:volcanoSpawnChance=0.01 so cant go any lower :D

There needs to be another way to control these things. This is not unusual from the test worlds I have built, matter of fact I generally find 5 of them withint 1.5k block of spawn points.

Attachments

• 2015-06-06_17.36.50.png
    2015-06-06_17.36.50.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That's why the chance of volcanoes is normally lower, it's actually double the default rate at the moment. The bluepower default was changed to 0.005 about a month back afaik but this has a 0.01 chance so yeah, it's actually higher then normal.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
That's why the chance of volcanoes is normally lower, it's actually double the default rate at the moment. The bluepower default was changed to 0.005 about a month back afaik but this has a 0.01 chance so yeah, it's actually higher then normal.
Hmm... will be changed to 0.001 in next pack version. For now just edit the bluepower.cfg manually (its on the end of the file).
And thats my friends why you dont test in flat worlds with generate structures off :D

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have just explored a while in a non-BoP world and it is just too boring. I will add BoP back too. Good to hear there was no problems (so far).

ExtraBiomes XL isn't that bad. I added BOP back in but disabled all over world generation, as I really wanted the nether biomes it adds. I wish more packs would use alternate biome mods, really like Highlands.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone who has managed to get BoP working in v3, what version are you using? I'm using the latest version but I cannot select Biomes I Plenty as my world type.

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
I have never had big problems finding cassiterite vein. Either you are looking at incorrect heights (40-120 is where cassi spawn) or just not looking properly. Sometimes after using the command GT ores can be visible only as gt.blockore.name thingies, to fix that you must put down some block next to it, to make the block update.

That you have played Ressurection pack doesn't mean anything, you can't compare IT to it in any way.
If you want to change oregen just open WorldGeneration.cfg and do some edditing which will suit you. But keep in mind, that messing with it has a chance of making other veins more problematic to find.

So no this is not a bug. Would you mind sharing the seed you are using?

edit: Well I had a problem locating tin vein, but after few "hours" i have found out that the vein was just 2-3 chunks away from my house.

yeah after hours of searching for tin and almost going insane even with /cofh commands i have found tin but i have decided to just put gregtech 5 aside for the meantime its just too much of a grind for me
but if anyone has a good seed with good ore generation id love to try it out

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yeah after hours of searching for tin and almost going insane even with /cofh commands i have found tin but i have decided to just put gregtech 5 aside for the meantime its just too much of a grind for me
but if anyone has a good seed with good ore generation id love to try it out
All seeds have excellent ore generation. If you did cofh clearblocks 500 500 500 around you, you saw tons of veins.

I suspect you're right that this may not be a good pack for you. Its not for everyone.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, question: Do thaumcraft lamps of growth work through walls/floors?

I have a lamp lighting up a mana-bean farm, but i could place another farm (not mana bean) right above and still be within just a couple blocks range of the lamp. Would that work?

Sheepthief

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, Pyure and Jason.

To all who are discussing BoP, I have a question. It would appear from the wiki that BoP adds a bunch of gems and cool items to craft. Won't this throw off the balancing in this mod pack? For example, some gem armor (amethyst) from BoP is better than diamond armor.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
People need to come back to this thread and be active. I'm coming up with stupid thaumcraft questions way faster than people can answer them.

To wit: I can't make essentia mirrors work. Why?

According to thauminomicon: well, nothing. They're not explained at all.
According to wikis: I place the receiver and link the sender, and place the sender. Nope.