[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok according to various reddits, in 4.2 essentia mirrors no longer have any use. They can theoretically be used with an infusion altar, but that's a non-use since, like everybody else, I simply place my warded jars within the massive range of the altar.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure, the lamp should work through a floor, but keep in mind for every block higher or lower, you lose a block of radius.

(The effect is a sphere.)

EDIT: Also, the closer to the lamp, the more effective it is (unless it's changed)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure, the lamp should work through a floor, but keep in mind for every block higher or lower, you lose a block of radius.

(The effect is a sphere.)

EDIT: Also, the closer to the lamp, the more effective it is (unless it's changed)
Got it, thanks sir, but I don't think they work like this anymore. I'd have to pipe all the way to my farm since I cant seem to make essentia mirrors work.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh.. i'm finally getting somewhere and V3 comes around :S

I think i jump versions too often.. last time i only got around to the metal bender before new world, this time i got pretty far with TC and i'm starting to gain resources easily.

Even got to the basic assembling machine (damn its expensive) but i want to find a redstone vein someday..

Meh V3 looks good but not good enough to drop everything just when i'm about to lift off!

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh.. i'm finally getting somewhere and V3 comes around :S

I think i jump versions too often.. last time i only got around to the metal bender before new world, this time i got pretty far with TC and i'm starting to gain resources easily.

Even got to the basic assembling machine (damn its expensive) but i want to find a redstone vein someday..

Meh V3 looks good but not good enough to drop everything just when i'm about to lift off!
Just play hardcore like me! You are ALWAYS ready for a new world!

Reactions: Tsuko and Yeti

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Just play hardcore like me! You are ALWAYS ready for a new world!

If i played like that, with what usually befalls me ... hardcore would be infuriating, i dont normally take many risks, but you can bet your brass buttons something rotten always happens ... ive been bow shot by a skeleton with a punch bow, into lava before while carrying a huge haul of ore. -_-

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it will say not responding even if you don't wait long enough, that's true for everyone.

Next time you think its stuck, go have a beer/cup of tea/relaxing shower. Come back and see if its magically fixed itself.

I had the chance to try it today. I left it for an hour and came back to check on it. No progress. Then I went to work for a few hours and came back, still no progress.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I had the chance to try it today. I left it for an hour and came back to check on it. No progress. Then I went to work for a few hours and came back, still no progress.
That's terrible, sorry to hear it :(

I'm not sure what else to suggest. I haven't heard of anyone else having the problem, so its clearly limited to something with your system or setup.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Well now when I log back in I am greeted with the following error

Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 6/7/15 1:38 AM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147281_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:745)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S0FPacketSpawnMob.func_148833_a(SourceFile:97)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S0FPacketSpawnMob.func_148833_a(SourceFile:15)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1602)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

God now I wish Gregtech didn't take nearly 5 minutes to load... Ok, I tired three times now and I just get this error every time the world loads. The game played fine an hour ago but now I can't even load that world.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
An update to my last post. I looked up the error and apparently it has to do with mob spawning. Seeing the only mod in the pack that adds mobs was Ender Zoo, I disabled it and tried again. This time it loaded just fine.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For anyone who has managed to get BoP working in v3, what version are you using? I'm using the latest version but I cannot select Biomes I Plenty as my world type.
I am using v2.1.0.1237-universal. Also, simply putting the file in the mod folder sometimes doesn't work. It's safer to use the "edit modpack" function from the launcher.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Transferring Thaumcraft research and scanning lists from my old world worked perfectly. Just copying the .thaum files from the playerdata folder did it. There don't even appear to be ID mismatch problems. Now how do I go about cheating a barrel full of 16384 smooth stone in...

Also, a question: is there another way to create cobble fast in this pack than GT's rock breaker? I resent the fact that it costs power, and full 32 EU/t at that.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a question: is there another way to create cobble fast in this pack than GT's rock breaker? I resent the fact that it costs power, and full 32 EU/t at that.
I think thats it and for a reason ... either that or man up, grab a pickaxe and get digging ...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I think thats it and for a reason ... either that or man up, grab a pickaxe and get digging ...
The thing is, I need a steady supply for my alumentum production. To keep a LP steam boiler from Railcraft running, I need a piece of alumentum every 19.5 seconds, which means I need a piece of cobble (for the perditio) every 6.5 seconds. Since the rock breaker needs 16 ticks to make a piece of cobble that means effective power use is at about 4 EU/t. Not really that much, but I still resent it considering the process occurs without any power input out in the wild.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, I need a steady supply for my alumentum production. To keep a LP steam boiler from Railcraft running, I need a piece of alumentum every 19.5 seconds, which means I need a piece of cobble (for the perditio) every 6.5 seconds. Since the rock breaker needs 16 ticks to make a piece of cobble that means effective power use is at about 4 EU/t. Not really that much, but I still resent it considering the process occurs without any power input out in the wild.
AE2 Annihilation Plane

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
AE2 Annihilation Plane
Hmm..that hadn't occurred to me. Thanks. I am not in the position to make AE2 components yet, but it may be a way to get to bedrockium ingots later. I'd rather use GT quantum tanks for dense liquid storage but they require a resource I haven't seen at all in this pack - osmium. You get that....as a byproduct of iridium ore, thank you very much.