[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For anyone who's interested, re-creating my aura node setup from my previous world turns out to be not at all difficult using a command listed on the TC wiki and a command block. Too bad that the only thing I can't transfer is the one thing whose acquisition I liked least: the knowledge of ore vein locations. At least I've already seen some tin.

Reactions: Yeti

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So anyone know why transfer nodes were totally disabled?

As for the essentia mirror @Pyure the only use I know for it uses Witching Gadgets, it adds a plethora of minor goodies including a device allowing you to put essentia that's gone through a mirror back into jars making them actually useful. Other minor goodies include such things as a cobble gen, the ability to change biomes, a search bar in the thaumonomicon, microblock support for essentia tubes, armour capable of countering warp, and some heavily endgame weapons/armour with a nifty customization system. A couple of things such as the infernal blast furnace would probably have to be disabled by eh, not sure how well it adding clusters for every ore would work either.

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
So, as someone who hasn't really touched Big Reactors...
What's the setup for using it with Gregtech EU in V3? Just built a 3x3 in my test world and I've never had to do any sort of conversion before.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well now when I log back in I am greeted with the following error

Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 6/7/15 1:38 AM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147281_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:745)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S0FPacketSpawnMob.func_148833_a(SourceFile:97)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S0FPacketSpawnMob.func_148833_a(SourceFile:15)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1602)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

God now I wish Gregtech didn't take nearly 5 minutes to load... Ok, I tired three times now and I just get this error every time the world loads. The game played fine an hour ago but now I can't even load that world.
Please make an issue report on github, and provide full crash log and full fml log.
Fro Crashlog please use pastebin.com
For fml log uploadid to dropbox or any other file sharing website and post there a link

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
So, as someone who hasn't really touched Big Reactors...
What's the setup for using it with Gregtech EU in V3? Just built a 3x3 in my test world and I've never had to do any sort of conversion before.
Turbine Power Port -> GT Transformer -> Battery Buffer
connecting cables directly does NOT work
Reactor Power Port is disabled so only with steam

Reactions: Yeti

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I forget all the reasons. Personally I put up an argument on that one in the senate and lost horribly cuz #JasonIsNotADemocracy :p

Turbine Power Port -> GT Transformer -> Battery Buffer
connecting cables directly does NOT work
Reactor Power Port is disabled so only with steam
Sadly I haven't tested this yet. Some RF buffers apparently won't output into the GT grid, such as Capacitor Banks. I hope the Turbine buffer isn't included in that list.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Capacitor bank -> GT Transformer not working is EnderIOs fault for not implementing the full RF API. All other mods i tested so far work (Forestry/Buildcraft and TE have the nesseary method implemented).
But is RF->EU transfer even activated in the config?
If not. BR Reactor -> Steam -> GT Large Turbine -> Directly EU.

Reactions: Yeti and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

As for the essentia mirror @Pyure the only use I know for it uses Witching Gadgets, it adds a plethora of minor goodies including a device allowing you to put essentia that's gone through a mirror back into jars making them actually useful. Other minor goodies include such things as a cobble gen, the ability to change biomes, a search bar in the thaumonomicon, microblock support for essentia tubes, armour capable of countering warp, and some heavily endgame weapons/armour with a nifty customization system. A couple of things such as the infernal blast furnace would probably have to be disabled by eh, not sure how well it adding clusters for every ore would work either.
Yeah, ultimately I gave up on essentia mirrors. I was able to get it done with a janky essentia tube network instead :(

Sadly I haven't tested this yet. Some RF buffers apparently won't output into the GT grid, such as Capacitor Banks. I hope the Turbine buffer isn't included in that list.
OK I actually did test this, woops. BR turbines to GT network work fine, need to input power via GT transformer as Darkness mentions.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Great.. a tele creeper just teleported me outside of the map where i died from being outside the world.. the tombstone probably spawned down there as well....

Telecreepers OP, be at a very low altitude and i die with no chance of fighting back? wouldn't be as bad if i at least got a tombstone i could visit.... i wonder if i can teleport under the world again and grab my stuff?

Anyone know how i should get my stuff back?

I tried typing "/ob_inventory restore" but it just says i don't have permission, can i change this permission somehow? Or should i just live with the fact that concussion creepers are extremely dangerous at bedrock?

Looks like a pain, found world backup i think i can reroll the entire world just to be sure

-Edit: Looks like my backup is successful, i got mystuff :D nevermind then~~

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
As for my mid-game power solution, this is what I'm making:

Railcraft LP steam boiler makes 360 mB/t steam. Of which 32 mb/t are used to cook wood from my golem-run farm into charcoal. Charcoal is transformed into alumentum by automated alchemy by infusion with perditio (cobble), potentia and ignis (more charcoal), which effectively means 2.5 charcoal + 3 cobble = 1 alumentum which burns 4 times as long as charcoal. The remaining 328 mB/t steam feed a Railcraft turbine (needs 320 mB/t) for an output of 200 EU/t. There are two rotors which are automatically repaired when they reach 60% damage by a Thaumic Restorer. This is fed by Instrumentum essentia from rubber bars, which in turn are made in a Forestry rubber farm. One apatite block is good for 40 units of fertilizer (sand comes in from cobblegen->macerator), and one piece of sticky resin uses up 10 mU of it and makes three rubber bars, so one apatite block should be good for 12000 rubber bars. That's as close to a self-contained system as I can think of coming in this pack.

I already built all the Railcraft components in my old world. Now I only have to find an apatite vein in my new world and mine the sh*tloads of coppers a Forestry Farm eats up...or not so much. I notice the farm blocks actually got cheaper. If you use the right recipe for the item casings, that is. May I say that I like this change? More complexity, less materials. Good! Forestry automation also is highly attractive in this pack since it's available at LV.

Edit:
I may change that for a GT large turbine. Is there any info about its stats? Aluminium isn't exactly a mass product at LV where you can't electrolyze bauxite yet, but it should be doable.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
leldra - is that taking into account that Forestry is set to "hard" mode and it's machines will require 4 times the standard amount of power? It is a very well thought out plan, I do love seeing the creatively some people can display when working out a solution to a problem.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I may change that for a GT large turbine. Is there any info about its stats? Aluminium isn't exactly a mass product at LV where you can't electrolyze bauxite yet, but it should be doable.
I'm working on the Wiki but likely still some days until all info is online. Well, optimal Flow and Efficiency stats on the turbines should be selfexplaining. The balancing of the damage the turbines take is also not final.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on the Wiki but likely still some days until all info is online. Well, optimal Flow and Efficiency stats on the turbines should be selfexplaining. The balancing of the damage the turbines take is also not final.

Just finding information on GregTech can be a pain in the butt, some kind of wiki would be great

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
leldra - is that taking into account that Forestry is set to "hard" mode and it's machines will require 4 times the standard amount of power? It is a very well thought out plan, I do love seeing the creatively some people can display when working out a solution to a problem.
Uh....Forestry power requirements have always been so low that I didn't bother looking them up. The rather outdated list I found now lists 9 MJ/t for the rubber farm - times four would be 360 RF/t. I actually can't believe it's so ridiculously high - that would make the design unfeasible. Also this doesn't appear to take the farm's size into account. Does anyone have any current information, I can't find any.

Edit:
I have a simpler solution anyway: I can get Logistics Pipes to autocraft soft hammers from planks and a stick. A soft hammer has 2 instrumentum.

Last edited: