[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Those volcanos are OP.
As far as I see this each volcano has 2-4 chests in them with random loot + each chest is standing on 6 ruby/saphire/tungsten blocks

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I try to launch it, it crashes on the loading screen while loading MineTweaker or ModTweaker. I tried the manual download too and that crashes at the same place as well. Crash report attached
its known issue. Go to your config folder and find splash.properties open it in any editor and change the line saying enabled=true into enabled=false

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm not an expert with minetweaker scripts. I'm removing ExtraBiomes, so I went to the gt_ic2.zs script file. I see the following entries.

var logWood3 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log1:*>;
var logWood4 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log2:*>;
var logWood5 = <ExtrabiomesXL:mini_log_1>;
var logWood6 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_baldcypress>;
var logWood7 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_rainboweucalyptus>;
var logWood8 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_oak>;
var logWood9 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_fir>;
var logWood10 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_redwood>;
var logWood11 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log_elbow_baldcypress>;
var logWood12 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log_elbow_rainbow_eucalyptus>;

Do I need to delete those plus the arc furnace recipes?
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood3, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood4, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood5, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood6, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood7, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood8, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood9, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood10, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood11, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood12, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm not an expert with minetweaker scripts. I'm removing ExtraBiomes, so I went to the gt_ic2.zs script file. I see the following entries.

var logWood3 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log1:*>;
var logWood4 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log2:*>;
var logWood5 = <ExtrabiomesXL:mini_log_1>;
var logWood6 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_baldcypress>;
var logWood7 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_rainboweucalyptus>;
var logWood8 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_oak>;
var logWood9 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_fir>;
var logWood10 = <ExtrabiomesXL:cornerlog_redwood>;
var logWood11 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log_elbow_baldcypress>;
var logWood12 = <ExtrabiomesXL:log_elbow_rainbow_eucalyptus>;

Do I need to delete those plus the arc furnace recipes?
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood3, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood4, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood5, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood6, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood7, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood8, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood9, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood10, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood11, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
ArcFurnace.addRecipe([charcoal], logWood12, oxygen * 32, [10000], 200, 32);
Yes

Sheepthief

Jul 29, 2019
What are the methods for moving mobs (and while i'm asking, mobspawners) in this pack? Whenever I start a new world next to a village I like to huddle all the villagers into one house and barricade them in to make sure they don't die from zombie invasions. This lasts until I develop sufficient fortification for the village.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I notice those dynamically-lighting torches from the previous version are gone. Too bad. Which mod were they from? Also, in the previous version the light range of torches was increased. Haven't tested that yet...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What are the methods for moving mobs (and while i'm asking, mobspawners) in this pack? Whenever I start a new world next to a village I like to huddle all the villagers into one house and barricade them in to make sure they don't die from zombie invasions. This lasts until I develop sufficient fortification for the village.
Golden lasso works.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Mobspawners - Break them, pick up the broken spawner and combine it with Powered Spawner inside anvil.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't realize the volcanos had loot (I've asked before if they spawned anything interesting)
To elaborate on how it works, the rules for them are the following.

• They'll generate around the lava column randomly between where the normal terrain would've been and 20 blocks below the top of the volcano.
  • There will be a five block tall cylinder of sapphire reinforced glass around the lava column in the room, the room itself is 9x9x5.
  • There is a 50% chance of generating a chest on each of the four sides of the room, so 6.25% none, 25% 1, 37.5% 2, 25% 3, and 6.25% 4.
  • Each chest has a 20% chance of generating a random amount of tungsten ingots from 6-15 and an 80% chance of being a normal dungeon chest.
  • Underneath the chest is a 2x3 of either ruby, amethyst, sapphire, or tungsten blocks. It's random which it uses per chest.
  • Each of those blocks has a 1/6 chance of being trapped, that consists of a tnt directly underneath it with a redstone block below that so as soon as a block update is registered the tnt activates.
So yeah, that's the extremely detailed rundown of how the treasure rooms work. Notably while exploring watch out for the traps, there is about a 66.5% chance the blocks under the chest will be trapped and I know of no way to safely destroy them due to the fact it's only a lack of updates stopping them from exploding on creation.

On a different note can a recipe for macerating bluepower basalt into basalt dust be added? It'd add a use for it which would be nice, most of those generally meaningless terrain blocks have a similar use with the whole centrifuging/electrolyzing for scraps of resources thing. Also INpureCore, it'd be nice to deal with the NEI spam from things like facades and drums as it removes all of those down to just one of them so we don't have seven pages of items for Applied Energistics for example, pretty sure it's not client side only though so I don't use it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the tungsten ingots and tungsten blocks are the most iffy thing, otherwise it's just a nifty dungeon really as gems aren't particularly useful and the reinforced glass is just a cheaper alternative to ender io's reinforced obsidian. So the question becomes then is it worth leaving them enabled if it means they might allow people to get a bunch of tungsten ingots without advanced tech? It basically comes down to a question of is it bad to let them have access to tungsten? As far as I can tell the actual ingots part isn't that bad, tungsten itself has very little uses except for tungstensteel which it isn't useful for. So really it's whether or not getting that tungsten is unbalancing enough to make volcanoes worth removing, how valuable as tungsten as a resource in comparison to the veins it spawns in?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
how valuable as tungsten as a resource in comparison to the veins it spawns in?
Let me answer your question with a question: How many ingots of tungsten average should I find in a given volcano?

If that answer is higher than, say, 5, I'd go out of my way to scrape every volcano for it.