[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing you can do to "work the system" a bit is to only toggle the network on when its needed. If you use it mostly for autocrafting and storage, you can sometimes simply arrange it so that when you approach, say, a crafting monitor, the system switches on. You can also get clever and ensure it stays on while its autocrafting by judicious use of BC Gates and wireless redstone signals.

With AE2 it's relatively easy to set up subnetworks for storage ala Super Soaryn Drives, only better. And then you can keep your ME crafting and processing on your primary network where you have your ME Controllers to handle all the channels needed for these functions. Then you can use an Online Detector to turn off the really power consuming portions of your ME network, aka tons of ME Drives in subnets so that you don't drain your coal/charcoal/steam/yellowrium reserves while you're not in your chunkloaed base. Or, I guess a level would work too.

I tend to prefer better barrels with a storage bus to store large numbers of the same item (iron ingots for example--my iron golem mob summoning tablet produces 3 ingots / minute--we're up to 174K last I checked). And I put interfaces & devices I don't use all the time on a toggle bus, to save power. Although we recently implemented a stack of geothermal generators using lava pumped from the nether (via a system of fluid tanks, relocator pipes, buckets, and magic mirrors), so we're good on power, now.

I use 1K, 4K, and 16K storage modules for everything else, including fluids and essentia. Haven't had a need for a 64K, yet.

There is also an ME Block Container that comes with Extra Cells, which is an ME drive that holds just one item, ala JABBA barrel. It's cheaper to craft than a diamond level jabba barrel and holds as much. It's definately cheaper than a diamond level jabba barrel and a storage bus plus the cabling to support a storage bus for 1 jabba barrel.

The only downside being is that it takes AE to run, but if you subnet off your deep storage and power it down when it's not in use or when you're offline that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Are you spelling it correctly? (There's no third "I")

Sources include anything with sand in it, typically glass, sand, flint, that sort of thing. It usually needs to be extracted via electrolysis iirc.

If you're near a Mesa biome, grab piles of hardened clay and toss it in a MV electrolyzer. Very good resource for silicon and other regularly needed minerals. Towards the end of my world I was pulling silicon out of centrifuged lava (along with gold, tungsten, and a few other things). GT silicon plates replace eIO silicon balls in all recipes.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I suggest glass as the source of silicon, it's 3 glass per silicon as opposed to the 26 red granite or 10 redstone per silicon. Black granite can make a decent substitute if you have it as it's about 3.4 granite per silicon. Sand is generally the easiest to collect by far though and glass is incredibly easy to get from it, sand is also not very hard to make from cobble which is incredibly plentiful and easy to generate.

Reactions: Dentvar

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I've used infused crops to an extent--mostly for the diamond generation. I've found that the unnamed saplings that are produced can crash my client and/or the server and that the bulk of the metallum output just takes up space until I can feed it into the arc furnace. So, I avoid both the sapling-generating seeds and the metallum seeds; but otherwise its pretty nice to have.
How do you increase the stats properly? Because the fact that it's auto balancing means I haven't figured out a way to increase crops stats reliably without aer and that's really slow and useless for the last few points which are the most valuable.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I´m getting more and more into GT now that I have TC very advanced. And I have some questions.

1. Ore Generation: GT does generate Ores in Veins. So once I find a Vein I do not have to search for more of this material for a while. But also the Veins are not always of one Material. There are tables which tells me which material can spawn together with others.

But I saw some videos were for example there were 3 y levels of Iron and the upper 3-4 y levels of Copper. So if you are in the need for Iron you just mine the lower y levels. But in my case it is not like that. I found a veins and it seems that Copper, Iron , Pyrite, Chlorite(the other copper thing) are all mixed. SO I´m forced to mine the hole chunk.

2. Ore Generation: How does Veins generate? Based on chunks? So there can just be 1 Veins per chunk or a vein is always “n” chunks long? Some rules there?

3. Fluids and chemicals: I just got a canning machine and a Autoclave. Now to turn dusts to crystals it needs water. I think my first Fail was to do a canning machine and not a FLUID canning machine… but then can I just output water from the canning machine into the Autoclave? What is the normal way to get the fluids and other chemicals for the GT machines and recipes.

4. GT5 information: Is there a good updated wiki were I can read all this stuff? Because at the moment I search for each machine in Google and I almost ever get to an outdated wiki entry
Edit: 4 is already been answered in a other post from I was just to stupid to open the links.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I´m getting more and more into GT now that I have TC very advanced. And I have some questions.

1. Ore Generation: GT does generate Ores in Veins. So once I find a Vein I do not have to search for more of this material for a while. But also the Veins are not always of one Material. There are tables which tells me which material can spawn together with others.

But I saw some videos were for example there were 3 y levels of Iron and the upper 3-4 y levels of Copper. So if you are in the need for Iron you just mine the lower y levels. But in my case it is not like that. I found a veins and it seems that Copper, Iron , Pyrite, Chlorite(the other copper thing) are all mixed. SO I´m forced to mine the hole chunk.

2. Ore Generation: How does Veins generate? Based on chunks? So there can just be 1 Veins per chunk or a vein is always “n” chunks long? Some rules there?

3. Fluids and chemicals: I just got a canning machine and a Autoclave. Now to turn dusts to crystals it needs water. I think my first Fail was to do a canning machine and not a FLUID canning machine… but then can I just output water from the canning machine into the Autoclave? What is the normal way to get the fluids and other chemicals for the GT machines and recipes.

4. GT5 information: Is there a good updated wiki were I can read all this stuff? Because at the moment I search for each machine in Google and I almost ever get to an outdated wiki entry
Edit: 4 is already been answered in a other post from I was just to stupid to open the links.
1) Refer to the GT Oregen book for everything you want to know about where does which vein spawn
2) Pretty much the only rule to vein spawning is 1 vein in 3x3 chunk area, where the borders of vein can slightly overlap
3) Mostly to get fluids you will use Fluid Extractor. To safely output liquid from IC2 machines (if that is the canning machine you made) you need a extraction module from IC2 which I dont remember its name. You cant easily pump stuff out from certain IC2 machines

Reactions: Dentvar

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You found a chalcopyrite vein. Those definitely do mix iron and copper, but its still all one vein, with copper above and iron below. If you mine a lot you are going to find an absolute ton of these veins.

You can definitely output water from one machine directly into another. For GT machines, make sure the fluid-output button is pushed, and make sure its not outputting into the output dot of the receiving machine.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5 might be the most updated for GT5.

Personally I suggest glass as the source of silicon, it's 3 glass per silicon as opposed to the 26 red granite or 10 redstone per silicon. ... Sand is generally the easiest to collect by far though and glass is incredibly easy to get from it, sand is also not very hard to make from cobble which is incredibly plentiful and easy to generate.
Shovel + fire aspect ftw :)

Am I the only one who uses Minechem for silicon?
Nope, I used minechem for absolute tons of stuff. Diamonds, emeralds, tungsten, etc. Jebus does it take forever though and its annoying as hell to try to automate (and buggy in places). I really like minechem, but man its rough around the edges :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

I never mined out an entire chunk unless I'm using an Ender Quarry. For GT veins that I"m dong by hand with a pickaxe I always follow this pattern:
sXU2qEC.jpg

with gray being the horizontal shafts I follow off my main branch. This way you ensure you get every piece of ore without digging anything extra.

As for finding ore veins in GT I use the grid squares on the map. Each square on the map is one chunk. Count out a pattern every 3 chunks and dig a prospecting hole there. There should only be one ore vein per 3x3 chunk square, but sometimes there's overlap as Jason said. It's also possible for there to be no vein in a 3x3 chunk square, but you're more likely to find a vein than not with this method. If you're searching for a very specific type of ore (say diamonds) it may be better to dig very long horizontal shafts at the appropriate Y level (11 for diamonds) instead of doing vertical samples. Tin and Tetrahydrite are usually easier to spot by flying around above ground though. Usually.

I recommend setting waypoints for any types of veins that you don't need right now, because with the exception of sapphires you'll need every single type of ore to progress in GT.

faradiel

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a bug happen only on a server: I can't get charcoal from vanilla and gregtech furnace but i can from enderio alloy furnace and coke oven from railcraft. All work fine on single player...
edit: Or maybe its a config file ?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've found a bug happen only on a server: I can't get charcoal from vanilla and gregtech furnace but i can from enderio alloy furnace and coke oven from railcraft. All work fine on single player...
Your scripts or configs may be out of date in single player. Unless it got changed again (i dunno), charcoal from furnaces is disabled in infitech2, and the server is working correctly.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Charcoal production is possible only with:
1) Coke Ovens
2) EnderIO Alloy Smelter
3) Thaumcraft Transmutation
4) Cheating it in through NEI/creative

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Charcoal production is possible only with:
1) Coke Ovens
2) EnderIO Alloy Smelter
3) Thaumcraft Transmutation
4) Cheating it in through NEI/creative
5) Minechem

Minechem can straight up synth charcoal after all, it costs about 19k RF per charcoal though so you need an upgraded stirling gen to make it energy positive. It does however make three charcoal per log along with producing 2500mB of water as waste.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
5) Minechem

Minechem can straight up synth charcoal after all, it costs about 19k RF per charcoal though so you need an upgraded stirling gen to make it energy positive. It does however make three charcoal per log along with producing 2500mB of water as waste.
That is... awesome. Thank you so much.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, I'm a thaum-newbie. I wanna capture some nodes so I'm not traipsing all over the universe to recharge my wands.

Can I get some basic tips on what I should research/build for this? Will I need to do infusion stuff which I've avoided so far?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I'm a thaum-newbie. I wanna capture some nodes so I'm not traipsing all over the universe to recharge my wands.

Can I get some basic tips on what I should research/build for this? Will I need to do infusion stuff which I've avoided so far?

Notetapping but I assume you already have this. Then try to get inside the artifact tree the topper left side. Node stabylizer and other stuff. That is the way to go.
I personally prefere to get me a small energiezed node 3/3/3/3/3 done asap. So you can charge your wand via a relay on a TC crafting table.
Not as fast as having some big notes there, but for the start its fine and you won´t need so much Vis at the start in your wand if you still researching or goleming. (is this even a word)