[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Update on server being hacked. Everything is gone including the automated backups on the host. We were on a cheap host and got what we paid for. Our most recent offsite backups are a month old. I was 1 or 2 days away from having a steady supply of Naquadah (bees) when it went down, which I guess is about as end-game as you can get in GT5. So we decided to just call it good and go enjoy spring/summer. This means I'm done with MC again for a while. Maybe I'll be back in the fall/winter for a go at InfiTech-R.

Thanks to everyone here for all your help and kindness. This is a great little community!

Wait for InfiTech Reloaded, by then it'll probably be late fall/winter again!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure, some answers to questions over the last few pages about thaumcraft for you. It seems most have already been answered but whatever, I typed answers as I saw them.
  • I tried really hard but I couldn't figure out a way to totally skip the bronze age, you seem to need both an extractor and an alloy smelter to get the rubber plates you need.
  • Go for the candleberries, you can break the messis down into herba which feeds into a lamp of growth to boost the candleberry farm allowing for fast automation once you've got it working.
  • A centrifuge works by breaking down 1 essentia into one of it's components, so 1 vitreus will give either 1 ordo or 1 terra in about a 50/50 mix. It's not worth it.
  • Glass is only worth 1 vitreus, it's only real use is for vitreus. Primarily for tin transmutation, ordo/perditio seeds produces plenty enough for that though.
  • Charge your wands/staffs/scepters with wand recharging pedestals, nodes are cheap and energized nodes are just slower then a dozen standard nodes or however much you've got.
  • Nodes are cheap because they'll appear when growing silverwood in a considerable portion of silverwood trees, the thaumium grafter gives a 10% chance of getting saplings when breaking silverwood leaves but it only has 16 durability so get repair and be careful not to break it. You can easily get over a dozen silverwood saplings per tree with one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure, some answers to questions over the last few pages about thaumcraft for you. It seems most have already been answered but whatever, I typed answers as I saw them.
Xavion, thanks man. Some of this isn't new to me but a lot is.
  • I tried really hard but I couldn't figure out a way to totally skip the bronze age, you seem to need both an extractor and an alloy smelter to get the rubber plates you need.
Agreed, and that's fine. I made the exact same two machines. I debated a macerator but I'll skip it.
  • Go for the candleberries, you can break the messis down into herba which feeds into a lamp of growth to boost the candleberry farm allowing for fast automation once you've got it working.
I did do candleberries, but I didn't consider breaking down the messis. Also, do lamps of growth require the infusion altar? I've avoided infusion like a coward so far.
  • A centrifuge works by breaking down 1 essentia into one of it's components, so 1 vitreus will give either 1 ordo or 1 terra in about a 50/50 mix. It's not worth it.
Ok good tip.
  • Charge your wands/staffs/scepters with wand recharging pedestals, nodes are cheap and energized nodes are just slower then a dozen standard nodes or however much you've got.
I haven't looked into capturing nodes yet, but I've seen my basemates make monstrous energized nodes before
  • Nodes are cheap because they'll appear when growing silverwood in a considerable portion of silverwood trees, the thaumium grafter gives a 10% chance of getting saplings when breaking silverwood leaves but it only has 16 durability so get repair and be careful not to break it. You can easily get over a dozen silverwood saplings per tree with one.
Good tip.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Nodes are cheap because they'll appear when growing silverwood in a considerable portion of silverwood trees, the thaumium grafter gives a 10% chance of getting saplings when breaking silverwood leaves but it only has 16 durability so get repair and be careful not to break it. You can easily get over a dozen silverwood saplings per tree with one.

Thats a good point actually, is it possible to yank the node out of the silverwood trees? or are they anchored these days?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
  • I made a compressor myself, I hadn't started infused crops and had no other source of diamonds when I went for my LV macerator.
  • Lamps of growth do require the infusion altar, it's really easy to deal with though and they're not one of the more dangerous recipes.
  • Just spam candles for the infusion altar, you use 2 rotten flesh, 1 string, and 4 praecantio for 3 candles which is all really easy to get so making a stack or so of candles and chucking them down will cover pretty much any infusion you can do. Mob heads work too but there is no difference in strength, it's the amount of stuff that matters, not the type of item.
  • Energized nodes can be huge and useful, they generally take time though and many nodes will always beat the regeneration of one node. If you want a staff you'll want some anyway as charging staffs with energized nodes is awkward and can only be done using the vis amulet anyway.
  • Aluminium transmutation is a secret research allowing you to get even into the MV era with a TC backbone, it however requires access to a nugget first so you'll have to figure out some way of getting one without an EBF to use. I haven't yet other then getting lucky with dungeon loot so if you figure one out I'd like to hear it.
Thats a good point actually, is it possible to yank the node out of the silverwood trees? or are they anchored these days?
Yep, I just tested and you can jar them, it will destroy the silverwood and just give a jarred node. Note however they tend to be pretty pathetic nodes, I recommend just making a hoe of growth and growing a couple of dozen trees destroying non-node blocks until you have a bunch of nodes just around wherever you want the pedestal to be. The only use for moving is to bring some to where you're growing a supernode but as you can just grow nodes around it even that's not needed. The hoe can grow around 50 silverwoods without breaking and while it can't be enchanted with repair the thaumic restorer works on it just fine.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What are infused crops? Reminds me of Magical Crops (which we don't have of course)
They're from thaumic tinkerer, there is one type of crop for each aspect and each aspect gives a different reward. They've also got a somewhat complex stat system which is needed to get rewards from them in decent amounts, a max speed crop grows about 250x faster then a default crop after all. The growth is quadratic too so you need to basically max stats as those last few points are worth much more then the first few. I've just made a list of all possible outputs, just search for what aspect you want to check and it will have a list of what items you can get right below it including how many you get and the weight of getting that item. Weight is fairly simple, if you have one result with 5 weight, one with 10, and one with 2, you'd have 5/17 of getting the first item, 10/17 of the second, and 2/17 of the third when harvesting. Be warned that because of Greg adding a gajillion items for every material this list is much, much longer then it normally is. Anyway here is the list, I'm not 100% certain of some things on it and without making a server to be able to enter long commands I can't test, mostly it's bestia I'm not sure on.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I disable malisis door and malisis core, and then i can place ic2 crops on empty farmland i don't know how to report if anyone know how to do it ?

I assume you are trying to say that disabling Malisis core and door fixes the problem of placing IC2 crops on empty farmland. If so then good job for figuring that out, and reporting here should be fine.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
They're from thaumic tinkerer, there is one type of crop for each aspect and each aspect gives a different reward. They've also got a somewhat complex stat system which is needed to get rewards from them in decent amounts, a max speed crop grows about 250x faster then a default crop after all. The growth is quadratic too so you need to basically max stats as those last few points are worth much more then the first few. I've just made a list of all possible outputs, just search for what aspect you want to check and it will have a list of what items you can get right below it including how many you get and the weight of getting that item. Weight is fairly simple, if you have one result with 5 weight, one with 10, and one with 2, you'd have 5/17 of getting the first item, 10/17 of the second, and 2/17 of the third when harvesting. Be warned that because of Greg adding a gajillion items for every material this list is much, much longer then it normally is. Anyway here is the list, I'm not 100% certain of some things on it and without making a server to be able to enter long commands I can't test, mostly it's bestia I'm not sure on.
Jebus I'd never even heard of this.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Jebus I'd never even heard of this.
It's fairly obscure, it's tucked away behind the imbued fire research and imbued fire is generally an absolutely horrible idea to use as it can kill servers if you screw it up even a little. Luckily it's actually really easy to contain, infused crops though are behind it and they look complex and don't mention the potential rewards so they're generally avoided for that reason, add in that they're one of the newest parts of the mod only coming in in september and they're not much discussed online and they're definitely a fairly obscure part.

For reference by the way the three long lists of items correspond to everything with wood in it's oredict, everything with iron in it's oredict and everything with gear in it's oredict. The iron one is particularly notable as Greg has four or five materials with iron in their names from iron to ironwood and it will register every single thing made of those from tiny dusts to quintuple compressed plates, it also does some random stuff like Ender IO phased iron. No predictability though, other then about a 20-25% chance of getting 4 ingots.

I also may not have mentioned this well enough but it has a stat system which is critical, speed is the most important as a crop with 0 stats can easily take over an hour to grow, not quite ender lily on dirt length but definitely close. Add in that the stat system makes it really annoying to increase stats as the stats from 6-50 can only be gained by stealing off adjacent crops which can steal them right back and it is definitely not a simple endeavour. It can really pay off though, my maths for tutamen indicates a potential average speed of one diamond every 3.5 seconds, stuff like humanus or praecantio are very nice as well, heck perditio/ordo can be great if you don't have access to deserts, even without primals being able to get stats that's still a speed of a sand every minute or two until you decide to breed them off for something better.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It's fairly obscure, it's tucked away behind the imbued fire research and imbued fire is generally an absolutely horrible idea to use as it can kill servers if you screw it up even a little. Luckily it's actually really easy to contain, infused crops though are behind it and they look complex and don't mention the potential rewards so they're generally avoided for that reason, add in that they're one of the newest parts of the mod only coming in in september and they're not much discussed online and they're definitely a fairly obscure part.

For reference by the way the three long lists of items correspond to everything with wood in it's oredict, everything with iron in it's oredict and everything with gear in it's oredict. The iron one is particularly notable as Greg has four or five materials with iron in their names from iron to ironwood and it will register every single thing made of those from tiny dusts to quintuple compressed plates, it also does some random stuff like Ender IO phased iron. No predictability though, other then about a 20-25% chance of getting 4 ingots.

I also may not have mentioned this well enough but it has a stat system which is critical, speed is the most important as a crop with 0 stats can easily take over an hour to grow, not quite ender lily on dirt length but definitely close. Add in that the stat system makes it really annoying to increase stats as the stats from 6-50 can only be gained by stealing off adjacent crops which can steal them right back and it is definitely not a simple endeavour. It can really pay off though, my maths for tutamen indicates a potential average speed of one diamond every 3.5 seconds, stuff like humanus or praecantio are very nice as well, heck perditio/ordo can be great if you don't have access to deserts, even without primals being able to get stats that's still a speed of a sand every minute or two until you decide to breed them off for something better.
This is a massive tip, I just worry about infinite resource acquisition methods. I avoid bees like the plague for the same reason, and I'm not a big fan of treefarm/steam power (notwithstanding that I still seem to run my space age industries off it frequently)

PS: Before you remind me how hard it is to acquire etc etc, I never consider "difficulty" a mitigating factor with respect to infinite resource sources. That said I'm gonna check it out anyway cuz its new and it sounds fun and interesting :)

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Update on server being hacked. Everything is gone including the automated backups on the host. We were on a cheap host and got what we paid for. Our most recent offsite backups are a month old. I was 1 or 2 days away from having a steady supply of Naquadah (bees) when it went down, which I guess is about as end-game as you can get in GT5. So we decided to just call it good and go enjoy spring/summer. This means I'm done with MC again for a while. Maybe I'll be back in the fall/winter for a go at InfiTech-R.

Thanks to everyone here for all your help and kindness. This is a great little community!

If you feel like coming back your more than welcome over with us at infitech.enjin.com on the whitelisted public server!

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I just did a CESU and a Low Voltage Transformer. But I can´t make it work... I thought IC2 storage output to the GT Transformers.. Don´t they? Or Am I setting up something wrong?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just did a CESU and a Low Voltage Transformer. But I can´t make it work... I thought IC2 storage output to the GT Transformers.. Don´t they? Or Am I setting up something wrong?
IC2 Storage will output directly to GT Transformer if there's no wires in between and you have everything facing the "correct" direction.

In this case you probably want the high voltage dot pointing into the output dot of your CESU (but try the other way around if that doesn't work)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The CESU has 3 sites.
1 blank (top)
2 Small Dot
3 like a small window.

Wich is the output? I assume it is 3..

The Low Voltage transformers output are the 5 dot sites and the input the one with the face?

Edit: Got it... CESU was wrong side

Last edited: