[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
T

targetingyou78

Is it just me or do the crops seem a little unbalanced. I spent less than a day working on them and now I have crops that pump out Sticky Resin to Ghast tears and everything in between. Just curious, is this intentional? I looked into doing bee's and they seem so identical but with such higher investment cost. I was told that bee's can produce one or two things that plants can't but is that the only reason to invest in bees?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to the Recycler? The quest book says it turns items into scrap, but I ran 6 stacks of cobblestone thru it while AFK and came back to exactly zero scrap. LOL I put some dirt in and got one scrap piece after like 6 dirt... so did you turn off cobblestone recycling for some reason? Are any other items "turned off" or is it just cobble?

Quite honestly, the idea of "Recycling" anything is unpleasant. Everything has a use, no matter how small. Right? That's why I always use cobblestone, because a cobblegen can make it for free, and therefore, recycling cobble doesn't feel like I'm wasting anything.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

What happened to the Recycler? The quest book says it turns items into scrap, but I ran 6 stacks of cobblestone thru it while AFK and came back to exactly zero scrap. LOL I put some dirt in and got one scrap piece after like 6 dirt... so did you turn off cobblestone recycling for some reason? Are any other items "turned off" or is it just cobble?

Quite honestly, the idea of "Recycling" anything is unpleasant. Everything has a use, no matter how small. Right? That's why I always use cobblestone, because a cobblegen can make it for free, and therefore, recycling cobble doesn't feel like I'm wasting anything.
I'd suggest building a scrap"farm" that grows wood and cut's them into planks... that way you aren't wasting your "valuables" :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do the crops seem a little unbalanced. I spent less than a day working on them and now I have crops that pump out Sticky Resin to Ghast tears and everything in between. Just curious, is this intentional? I looked into doing bee's and they seem so identical but with such higher investment cost. I was told that bee's can produce one or two things that plants can't but is that the only reason to invest in bees?
I'd say no they are not unbalanced or OP considering you can't automate crops until you reach HV. Sure you can grow pretty much of anything but if you have to harvest them manually, it's still gonna take a while. Plus, if you make super crop, you won't be doing anything else other than applying fertilizer unless you have a Crop-Matron (which require HV tech.)

Bees on the other hand do not have this constraint. On the other hand, they have a pre-determine ammount of "time" for their cycle to end which on it's own make it take some time to actually get to where you want unless you have the technology to shorten either their life span or a way of nearly assuring a new species (mostly Gendustry.)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update v3.2.17 (coming soon)
New Mod:
- Block Properties

Mod Updates:
- InfinityCore -> 1.7c
- Ewy's Workshop -> 1.1.4 - Customized
- HardcoreEnderExpansion -> 1.8.6 - Customized
- GTTweaker -> 1.4.3

Changes/Fixes:
- Added Assembler recipes for remaining BC Pipes (thanks @codewarrior0)
- More crop tooltips (thanks @Nex4rius)
- Fixed Shard Oredictionary Entry
- Getting killed in the End now spawns properly Gravestone
- Workaround scripts moved to separate file
- Show both Node Transducer recipes in Thaumonomicon
- Include Dragon Blood recipe in thaumonomicon entry
- More clearly state Notches Brew recipe
- Added Ender-Shifted Refined Firestone
- ESR Firestone is now used in place of Refined Firestone in Kami Leg Recipe
- Extracted ChickenChunks script file from InfinityCore, for users to modify
- Vanilla Coal, Diamond, Emerald and Redstone ores will always drop themselves
- Brought back old EnderIO Alloy recipes (slightly tiered across Steam/LV and MV)
- Added (warded) Jars back to biliocraft potion shelves
- Lowered chance and amount of Food in chests (Chance 5 -> 1; Amount 16 -> 4)
- Updated Naquadah Cluster blast furnace recipe to new EBF requirements
- Added Dimensional Alloy
- Used in place of NaqAlloy in Player X-Dim teleporting machines
- Changed IC2 Teleport recipe to want Enderium instead of NaqAlloy
- EnderChest now drops Obsidian Plates and Enderium Dust instead of Obsidian Blocks
- Fixed HQM crafting detection in Ewy's Workshop table

A

Alven4

The quest Another source of water has a mistake in it saying that all wrenches except IC2/GT can be used to toggle auto output of reservoir. I found out that GT wrenches can be used to toggle it too.
I found that if player is killed by taint (standing on taint tendrils), the gravestone won't spawn.

T

targetingyou78

First, thanks for fixing the Ewy's working with HQM! Second, I have been playing around with the different benches in the game and from what I have experienced, it seems that XACT workbench is almost strictly worse than the forestry workbench. XACT workbench which is made out of forestry workbench, by default has no memory and can only be given a total of four chips at once, whereas the forestry workbench has a memory of 9 by default. Also, the XACT table seems to bring my game to a halt whenever I try to craft more than one of a recipe at once either by right clicking or shift clicking.

TL;DR Forestry workbench is cheaper and better than XACT workbench. Should the Forestry workbench recipe require a XACT workbench instead of vice versa?

I'd say no they are not unbalanced or OP considering you can't automate crops until you reach HV. Sure you can grow pretty much of anything but if you have to harvest them manually, it's still gonna take a while. Plus, if you make super crop, you won't be doing anything else other than applying fertilizer unless you have a Crop-Matron (which require HV tech.)

Bees on the other hand do not have this constraint. On the other hand, they have a pre-determine ammount of "time" for their cycle to end which on it's own make it take some time to actually get to where you want unless you have the technology to shorten either their life span or a way of nearly assuring a new species (mostly Gendustry.)

I guess you're right in the sense that they are manual and even if I get them to a decent point, I could have spent that time mining and probably came back with large amounts more of resources. So yeah, opportunity costs. However, for harder to get resources, it just felt strange that after maybe 30 minutes of staring at crops that I got a crop that now produces free ghast tears. I guess I've always considered ghast tears a rare commodity. Also, I'm not saying that they are unbalanced overall but what I felt was unbalanced was that to get crops running I just needed sticks and maybe half a day and BAM here are ghast tears, ender pearls, ways to quadruple your ores etc. Whereas to get bees up and running I needed to make machines to extract seed oil, machines to make apiaries, make countless frames, centrifuge the honey combs. After doing all that I got started and after two days (IRL) of trying to get a common bee from a meadow and forestry bee, I still have no common. What I was wondering is... is this intended to be incredibly longer than breeding plants? Is it just not possible to breed bees without Gendustry anymore? Or am I just very unlucky? Or possibly doing something wrong.

TL;DR 2 Hours investing into crops got me rare items I would not expect to be farmable until very late game, ie ghast tears. Days of bees and tons of machines later, I have zero progress. Not sure of the intention here.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
TL;DR 2 Hours investing into crops got me rare items I would not expect to be farmable until very late game, ie ghast tears. Days of bees and tons of machines later, I have zero progress. Not sure of the intention here.

Funny you say that. I decided crops were pretty useless and found bees to be massively lucrative. This was a few months ago though though, ymmv.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
The ghast tear plant is pretty easy to get but I don't really see anything overpowered here because ghast tears in large quantities are pretty useless.

T

targetingyou78

Wait no one has answered my core question yet, can bees breed normally? I would love to do bees and have considered dropping crops because I have done crop breeding in other packs and have never really done bees in a significant way but I can't seem to get any bees to breed. Also, I don't think crops are op overall, just my observation was that I am still to this point, breeding the entry level bees and have not yet been able to progress. Surely, I must be missing something. At this rate I will probably finish crops before I even get to common bees xD 2016-11-18_12.27.59.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wait no one has answered my core question yet, can bees breed normally? I would love to do bees and have considered dropping crops because I have done crop breeding in other packs and have never really done bees in a significant way but I can't seem to get any bees to breed. Also, I don't think crops are op overall, just my observation was that I am still to this point, breeding the entry level bees and have not yet been able to progress. Surely, I must be missing something. At this rate I will probably finish crops before I even get to common bees xDView attachment 30552
I did bees as far as Chrome bees, they seemed to work properly to me. They do have various requirements, which are shown in NEI.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Wait no one has answered my core question yet, can bees breed normally? I would love to do bees and have considered dropping crops because I have done crop breeding in other packs and have never really done bees in a significant way but I can't seem to get any bees to breed. Also, I don't think crops are op overall, just my observation was that I am still to this point, breeding the entry level bees and have not yet been able to progress. Surely, I must be missing something. At this rate I will probably finish crops before I even get to common bees xDView attachment 30552
Are you using Bee house or Apiary? If i recall correctly, Bee house prevent breeding and only yield.results.

Edit: someone correct me if i'wrong. I can't go check at the moment.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm... reading about crops and how powerful they can be - 'if' you know how to do them - a question:
- As someone who only knows the agricraft crossbreeding so far, and finding only guides about IC2 crops from like 3 years ago, is it good to get into crops early on?
Or is it better as "newbie" to IC2 crops and gregtech to just focus on finding veins to mine and not mess around with weeds, the stats of the IC2 crops and so on?

[edit]
And any hint for finding new veins?
I tried one for gregtech I found which said "dig down a 2x2 staircase every 3 chunk" but I'm at my 5th staircase now and still only found some "small" ores and yellorite, no veins :/

(counting the 3 chunks from the one vein I found right under my base)

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
First, thanks for fixing the Ewy's working with HQM! Second, I have been playing around with the different benches in the game and from what I have experienced, it seems that XACT workbench is almost strictly worse than the forestry workbench. XACT workbench which is made out of forestry workbench, by default has no memory and can only be given a total of four chips at once, whereas the forestry workbench has a memory of 9 by default. Also, the XACT table seems to bring my game to a halt whenever I try to craft more than one of a recipe at once either by right clicking or shift clicking.

TL;DR Forestry workbench is cheaper and better than XACT workbench. Should the Forestry workbench recipe require a XACT workbench instead of vice versa?

Well the power for XACT comes in interaction around it. You can build couple XACT benches and they will conect to each other if they are touching (so you are able to have a lot more recipes stored in and access them all from one spot). It is also capable of pulling stuff out of AE system and other nearby inventories. So if you have planks in chest next to XACT Crafter, or in your AE system and the XACT Crafter is touching ME Interface (must be the full block version one), and you want to craft a chest. No problem. It will see the items in nearby inventories and grabs them from there.

As for the freeze when crafting multiples... Does not happen to me :(

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm... reading about crops and how powerful they can be - 'if' you know how to do them - a question:
- As someone who only knows the agricraft crossbreeding so far, and finding only guides about IC2 crops from like 3 years ago, is it good to get into crops early on?
Or is it better as "newbie" to IC2 crops and gregtech to just focus on finding veins to mine and not mess around with weeds, the stats of the IC2 crops and so on?

[edit]
I tried one for gregtech I found which said "dig down a 2x2 staircase every 3 chunk" but I'm at my 5th staircase now and still only found some "small" ores and yellorite, no veins :/

Depending on what your looking to grow, it can be ok to start with crop early on as some stuff can be quite usefull (Stickreed for example.) Though i caution against raising the stats too much as high stats crops (i don't know where it begins) require Fertilizer to grow. Otherwise they simply die and quite fast at that (dissapear literally.)

Edit (Edited): I just noticed i answered only half the question. If your looking to make Ore Crops, then i'd probably recommend waiting when you have access to a steady source of Fertlizer and HV machinery to automate the process using a Crop-Matron at the very least (Crop-Harvester is usefull but not a must.) Thus finding veins is probably a better option in the beginning.

Last edited:
T

targetingyou78

Are you using Bee house or Apiary? If i recall correctly, Bee house prevent breeding and only yield.results.

Edit: someone correct me if i'wrong. I can't go check at the moment.

I am using Apiary and you are correct, Bee houses are unable to breed bees.

[edit]

Until you get into MV and can use the Portable Scanner and the Cropnalyzer, I would seriously recommend avoiding crops. Because you probably won't get far fast without being able to see the stats and species of each crop. Many crops look the same first few stages of growth. From personal experience, I would just mine and process until you get to MV or HV and have plenty of time to kill. Maybe while smelting a couple of stacks of Stainless Steel you can go work with crops.

Well the power for XACT comes in interaction around it. You can build couple XACT benches and they will conect to each other if they are touching (so you are able to have a lot more recipes stored in and access them all from one spot). It is also capable of pulling stuff out of AE system and other nearby inventories. So if you have planks in chest next to XACT Crafter, or in your AE system and the XACT Crafter is touching ME Interface (must be the full block version one), and you want to craft a chest. No problem. It will see the items in nearby inventories and grabs them from there.

As for the freeze when crafting multiples... Does not happen to me :(

I did not realize you could chain them together and that they can pull from adjacent inventories-- This makes things a lot more interesting. I also had the XACT next to a Ewy's workbench and a forestry workbench so now knowing that it interacts with adjacent blocks I could see why it would cause lag where I had it. I'll have to go back to testing it. Thanks for the response. I'm not going to lie, kind of disappointed you can't have the recipes Wood -> Planks and Planks -> Sticks then Sticks -> Crops and then put in Wood and just have it craft all three at once if you click the Sticks -> crops. I know there are a few mods that can do multiple steps at once.

Last edited: