[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the fusion reactor working ? I have 4 LuV energy hatches and power it using 1x 8192 line(deut+trit recipe), and it has lots of tritium and deuterium in input hatches.
K4GAx9B.jpg

It just depletes the energy. It has a dedicated battery buffer. I used to have 4x 4X ev batter buffers but that still didn't work :(
Deuterium/Tritium fusion needs 40mio EU start energy, the 4 LuV hatches exactly supply 40mio cap, but because of rounding it will be slightly below and not have enough energy to start. So for it to work, you must add a 5th energy hatch. There is no need to attach a cable to it, the EU/t should be enough with 3 connected energy hatches.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, can you use LPG buckets in a large boiler or the like? Since PneumaticCraft gives LPG buckets a ludicrously high burntime, equal to about 56 coal blocks per bucket.

In a boiler I believe refined liquid fuels have 1/4 efficiency, and LPG might be considered that?

Anyways I needed 5 LuV hatches since it wasn't enough, ah well a passive ~16-20k eu/t isn't too bad.

edit: well I guess that seemed the thing to do, but man that was a fun thing to setup and plan.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
LPG counts as gas GT internally, so it burns in GT (large) gas turbines. But i don't think pneumaticraft and GT LPG are compatible.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So then the question becomes how does GT deal with liquid fuels it doesn't know about? Does it just treat a bucket of fuel with a burn time set as a burnable item or ignore it or what?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
if you check NEI it states that it will burn in gas turbines for 256k EU so i assume it would work in a large gas turbine as well. However i think the gregtech and pneumaticraft might produce different LPG fuels as they have different IDs, GT LPG fuel is 5686:71 and pneumaticraft is 1716. LPG is considered a gas and im not sure you can burn gases in GT boilers. However if it can it should run as a refined fuel and should produce about 300k steam per 1000 mb of LPG in a tungstensteel boiler.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I checked, fluids are different, and the boiler seems to treat it as a fluid fuel but ignores it. Pity, although from the looks of things the RC solid fuelled boiler does work. According to here, it'd take nearly 15 buckets of LPG to heat up a 36HP boiler, upon which it'll produce about 15.6k buckets of steam per bucket of LPG. As you can apparently get over 700mB of LPG per 1000mB of oil that could be the most fuel efficient use of oil by quite a lot, each 36HP boiler produces 14400L/s of steam. As you produce EU from steam at what, 1 EU per 2mB? After efficiency gains from a large turbine you could potentially be looking upwards of 7mil EU per bucket of oil. As BC oil is listed as only producing a tad over 1mil EU on the spreadsheet this could be a clear winner, all you'll need to do is combine the trickiness of PneumaticCraft fuel refining with automating a Railcraft boiler to use buckets and combining that with GT large steam turbines.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
One important thing i always see here: IDs are not say anything about the item anymore since Minecraft 1.7... The IDs get randomly assigned on worldgeneration and might be different for everyone, so sharing that numbers does not help anyone...
About liquid fuels, all of them must be known by GT to be usable. Either as part of the materials list or directly registered. It is possible to add new fuels with help of minetweaker. Only the solid furnace fuels have a global fuel list.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Dont forget my sheet assumes you use cracking unit and second distillation tower as well. So if you do a low tech processing of oil you would be able to get 600 mb of methane and 600 mb of LPG per bucket of BC oil which is what you get from oilsand. That has a total fuel value of 0.6*45000+0.6*256000= 180.6k Eu per bucket of oil. That is still a lot less than you get from making nitro diesel as that produces 1250 mb of nitro diesel for every bucket of oil or 640k EU which is 3 times as good. Your example with using it in a railcraft boiler would be much less efficient than just using it in a regular GT gas turbine.

Also i fucked up with my setup a bit, the hydrogen from the methane is not enough to run the entire process when im also running the cracker on hydrogen so om gonna have to add electrolyzing water anyway :p

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
So, that Water from the Sky quest; has it been fixed yet? I have 2,000 units of water in the raintank, but I can't complete the quest. The quest book mentions a QDS block. What's that?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, that Water from the Sky quest; has it been fixed yet? I have 2,000 units of water in the raintank, but I can't complete the quest. The quest book mentions a QDS block. What's that?
upload_2016-4-19_19-43-58.png

You bind your quest book to it by selecting a quest and then rightclicking the QDS block (or something like that)

It accepts liquids and such. Once it has received >= the amount required you'll be able to submit for the quest.

@Jason McRay, if we're calling it QDS in the quest book, we should revise that to "Quest Delivery System Block" for clarity.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
It says I can pipe the water into it, but I can't get any fluid pipes to attach to the QDS. I've tried the small wooden fluid pipes and some small bronze fluid pipes as well. Trying to put buckets of water into it doesn't work either.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Others have had trouble with GT pipes too.

For blocks that auto-output, such as the RC tank that auto generates water, or the bottom hatch of an RC Iron Tank, you can just put the block against the tank/hatch and it will work.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Okay, so then there's no way to do it with a forestry raintank?
If you can extract the water without GT.

Some other options that are fairly low level include wooden fluid transport pipe with redstone engine, fluid conduits from ender io (kinda sorta low level). The fluid hopper from pneumaticcraft would also work, you might have to bucket water into it but it would then flow into the QDS.

Btw, if your QDS doesn't have a weird mushroom face on it, its not active.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Okay, so then there's no way to do it with a forestry raintank?

If you can extract the water without GT.

Some other options that are fairly low level include wooden fluid transport pipe with redstone engine, fluid conduits from ender io (kinda sorta low level). The fluid hopper from pneumaticcraft would also work, you might have to bucket water into it but it would then flow into the QDS.

Btw, if your QDS doesn't have a weird mushroom face on it, its not active.

As Pyure said, you'd need some kind of fluid transport that doesn't need a "tank" as a reciever... since the QDS isn't a real tank it won't be recognized by GT pipes, as those will not connect to non-tank blocks... easiest solution imo is to raid some dungeons for early nether quartz, to make the first enderIO conduits, if you haven't yet got any GT pumps, or those pesky BC fluid pipes...

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 26978

You bind your quest book to it by selecting a quest and then rightclicking the QDS block (or something like that)

It accepts liquids and such. Once it has received >= the amount required you'll be able to submit for the quest.

@Jason McRay, if we're calling it QDS in the quest book, we should revise that to "Quest Delivery System Block" for clarity.

Funny thing is, I always tend to look to the center of the image first, and only then read the actual text. So this time, I was struggling to understand why is it important that QDS burns for 300 ticks, for like ~2 seconds till I've read your message.

Reactions: Pyure

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Dont forget my sheet assumes you use cracking unit and second distillation tower as well. So if you do a low tech processing of oil you would be able to get 600 mb of methane and 600 mb of LPG per bucket of BC oil which is what you get from oilsand. That has a total fuel value of 0.6*45000+0.6*256000= 180.6k Eu per bucket of oil. That is still a lot less than you get from making nitro diesel as that produces 1250 mb of nitro diesel for every bucket of oil or 640k EU which is 3 times as good. Your example with using it in a railcraft boiler would be much less efficient than just using it in a regular GT gas turbine.
My example was using PneumaticCraft LPG, it produces a different amount of energy and has a different process to refine it from oil. You've got to first refine oil in a refinery and then run the diesel, kerosene, and gasoline you get through a thermopneumatic processing plant.

A 36HP railcraft turbine produces 14400L/s steam as I already said, by the maths a single bucket of PC LPG will run that for slightly over 18 minutes, in a large steam turbine with a T3 turbine that's enough for 468EU/t, as the bucket of PC LPG runs for about 1086 seconds at that rate it would produce about 10.1M EU per bucket of oil. As already mentioned you get about 734mB of LPG per bucket of oil at max using PC refining, which when multiplied through gives 7.46M EU before processing costs which are trickier to work out. As it's so efficient with something resembling even a half decent setup you should easily be able to run a dozen or more 36HP boilers in parallel, quite possibly several dozen. Considering PC LPG seems to be able to power it's own compressors with similarly amazing efficiency I suspect that the processing costs wouldn't be all that high, I've been trying a test setup and the lower tier of air compressors seem to be much more effective due to the inability to overheat, I've got three with seven speed upgrades each keeping 7 vortex tubes and three thermopneumatic processing plants at 4.8-5.0 bars without trouble, and the fuel still looks like it'd last forever per bucket. Keeps my refinery and plants all at 400+ degrees.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I will be adding an extra early quest about QDS so those of you not familiar with HQM will have better understanding about that function.