[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me with this.

I am trying to run a server of the 1.7.2 version of this pack. I used the 'download server' button on the launcher to get the files, but when I try to run them, the included .jar server file fails to run and complains about the signatures within the .jar itself.

When I try to run the server with a fresh version of Forge recommend 1.7.2 server, it breaks complaining about a missing class in Apache regarding logging. The recommend 1.7.2 Cauldron fails the same way.

I am at work now, but I can post logs this evening.

In the meantime, for anyone running a 1.7.2 server with this pack, what server jar are you using and how did you get it to work? I have run a variety of servers on this machine before, so the dependencies should be correct. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the server doesn't work. I copied over only the mod-packs folder:

• config
  • mods
  • scripts

...onto a fresh 1.7.2 Forge 1121 or 1147 (try 1121, then if that doesn't work, try 1147) install. I renamed the stock Forge 1.7.2 .jar to Infinity2.jar ,but kept the stock minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar as-is. Here's my java invocation on my 4-core CPU:

Code:
java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc -jar Infinity2.jar nogui

It also might not hurt to pull in and edit your other server files such as:
  • server.properties
  • white-list.txt / whitelist.json
  • ops.txt / ops.json
  • etc.,.
[DOUBLEPOST=1409931534][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had this problem to, additionally the console window would overflow with red errors, solved it by deleting the mapwriter saves, in the saves folder

I use this for my 4-core client and my server. Both have 16GB RAM. It seems to work well. Very stable:

Code:
-Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Reactions: MajPayne21

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure @MigukNamja @AlCapella

I'm here just to drop by some suggestions and information aswell for you :3

Steam from machine exhaust should do damage, if they don't something is wrong.
GregTech pipes with hot fluids (steam and lava) will also do damage if you touch them, beware. Same applies to uninsulated Greg's wires. (Read GT Electricity for more info)
Do not use wooden pipes with steam or other hot fluids if you don't want to set fire on your house. Watch out the temperature limit of metal pipes or they will melt. Copper pipes for example can't handle lava.
Crop automation can be partially done with golems, but the lag generated by those, well, your choice. Especially since a (use) golem is too stupid to harvest more than one crop. Also it will not work well crops that has multi stages of harvest (like reed, coffee and stickreed).
Just for fun, ever tried stabbing your friend with a File or any other GregTech tool? The death messages are cool, try it :3

More materials info woo:
If you have problems with enderman, get a silver sword, it has Disjunction enchant (remember redpower dagger thing?).
If you like to autosmelt but is short on fire shards, get RC firestone, it has fire aspect III.
If you just want extra damage on your tools, get steel {blue steel is the best, but has a very complex production line}, it has sharpness.
Beware if you find an uraninite/uranium 238/plutonium 244 vein. Picking up plutonium 244 ore without a hazmat suit can be fun...nilly dangerous.

Suggested mods for addition to the pack:
IHL Tools and Machines (disable advanced water physics if you don't like it) and FastCraft (as mentioned by @AlCapella)
The former plays very well with GregTech and has recipes designed for it. The latter as you may know is a WIP by Player (IC2 lead dev) and can improve your performance (can be installed on either the server, the client or both).

Reactions: AlCapella

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure @MigukNamja @AlCapella

I'm here just to drop by some suggestions and information aswell for you :3

Steam from machine exhaust should do damage, if they don't something is wrong.
GregTech pipes with hot fluids (steam and lava) will also do damage if you touch them, beware. Same applies to uninsulated Greg's wires. (Read GT Electricity for more info)
Do not use wooden pipes with steam or other hot fluids if you don't want to set fire on your house. Watch out the temperature limit of metal pipes or they will melt. Copper pipes for example can't handle lava.
Crop automation can be partially done with golems, but the lag generated by those, well, your choice. Especially since a (use) golem is too stupid to harvest more than one crop. Also it will not work well crops that has multi stages of harvest (like reed, coffee and stickreed).
Just for fun, ever tried stabbing your friend with a File or any other GregTech tool? The death messages are cool, try it :3

More materials info woo:
If you have problems with enderman, get a silver sword, it has Disjunction enchant (remember redpower dagger thing?).
If you like to autosmelt but is short on fire shards, get RC firestone, it has fire aspect III.
If you just want extra damage on your tools, get steel {blue steel is the best, but has a very complex production line}, it has sharpness.
Beware if you find an uraninite/uranium 238/plutonium 244 vein. Picking up plutonium 244 ore without a hazmat suit can be fun...nilly dangerous.

IHL Tools and Machines (disable advanced water physics if you don't like it) and FastCraft (as mentioned by @AlCapella)
The former plays very well with GregTech and has recipes designed for it. The latter as you may know is a WIP by Player (IC2 lead dev) and can improve your performance (can be installed on either the server, the client or both).
Fantastic input as always man.
Is there presently a "good and proper" way to manage IC2 crops?

I've been using wooden pipes with steam without issues so far, but I'll accept that I've been lucky and look for an alternative. Unfortunately I don't recall how to "force" extract steam from a tank. I used a particular cover in 1.6.4 for this purpose and I can't seem to find anything like it.

In the 1.7.10 server, our base happens to be smack dab on top of a uranium vein. So...good timing on that advice.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
IHL used to have a crop harvester, but it got replaced by IC2 one, you may have to try it.
By the way, those harvesters only harvests the crop in front of it, but it is still worth using, since you only need one gather golem around and your crop harvesting is good.

Also, it is highly recommended that you live in a swamp and pimp your crop stats to 21-31-N {N is between 0 and 10}. Best way to do so is to have GT portable scanner and use stickreeds (they have the quickest base growth rate) within several 2x2 "nursery" plots.
Environment required for said crop stats: Swamp biome, 3 blocks of dirt below the farmland, height 128 and skylight.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019

• config
  • mods
  • scripts

...onto a fresh 1.7.2 Forge 1121 or 1147 (try 1121, then if that doesn't work, try 1147) install. I renamed the stock Forge 1.7.2 .jar to Infinity2.jar ,but kept the stock minecraft_server.1.7.2.jar as-is. Here's my java invocation on my 4-core CPU:

Code:
java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc -jar Infinity2.jar nogui

• server.properties
  • ops.txt / ops.json
  • etc.,.

I use this for my 4-core client and my server. Both have 16GB RAM. It seems to work well. Very stable:

Code:
-Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Thank you very much! I will give this a try tonight. I appreciate the Java arguments as well.

Unfortunately, I was at a loss after trying three or four different server jars.

Did you copy over the mods from the server zip or the client files downloaded from FTB? There should be no difference except for the minimap mod, if any, correct?

Thank you again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
IHL used to have a crop harvester, but it got replaced by IC2 one, you may have to try it.
By the way, those harvesters only harvests the crop in front of it, but it is still worth using, since you only need one gather golem around and your crop harvesting is good.

The 1.6 IC2 crop harvestor could be overloaded to double its range repeatedly. I just didn't know if it made it into the 1.7 version. It also 'vacuumed' harvests after a couple seconds.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.6 one is the GT one. The one i'm talking about is from vanilla IC2, not GT, it got added recently (about IC2 exp 600ish)

Also, if you wish to talk directly to me, you can use IC² forum shoutbox, might be easier.
I'm on the esper.net IRC on these channels aswell: #GregTech #Industrial-Craft #kirara (the server me and greg plays)
I'm saying this because i don't want to clutter up this thread with lots of posts.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The 1.6 one is the GT one. The one i'm talking about is from vanilla IC2, not GT, it got added recently (about IC2 exp 600ish)

Also, if you wish to talk directly to me, you can use IC² forum shoutbox, might be easier.
I'm on the esper.net IRC on these channels aswell: #GregTech #Industrial-Craft #kirara (the server me and greg plays)
I'm saying this because i don't want to clutter up this thread with lots of posts.
Clutter away man. I know you have better things to do, but everyone here benefits from your input and advice, and frankly the boss here (Jason) will not be adverse to more "hits" on his thread anyway so long as they're on topic.

I can't find any info at all on the IC2 crop harvester :( Your comparison to the gather golem confused me so I wanted to learn more.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I still play. Where did you get that idea that i don't?

If you are having troubles finding ores, here is something i found on a wiki (Naquadah worldgen enabled, which is something disabled by default and I recommend turning on):
SpwnX said:
OverworldOre.png
NetherOre.png
EndOre.png
OreValues.png

Credits to "Goalie".

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@SpwnX, how on earth do I extract fluids from a BC tank with GT pipes in the "early" game (bronze/steam age)?

I'm desperately trying to do this w/o cheating (using wooden bc pipes or something)

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
LV pump cover. If it is too expensive for you, go ahead with your wooden BC pipe.
By the way, don't use BC tank for fluid (steam) storage.

Steam tip: Use large RC tanks with valves, those will auto-output the steam on the bottom.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
LV pump cover. If it is too expensive for you, go ahead with your wooden BC pipe.
By the way, don't use BC tank for fluid (steam) storage.

Steam tip: Use large RC tanks with valves, those will auto-output the steam on the bottom.
Thanks man.

I went with BC tanks cuz they're dirt cheap. I can definitely extract from them using BC pipes, so is there a particular reason not to?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Well Unggod was mumbling something about you not playing anymore in one of his videos. Also the wiki hasn't been updated for ages and I thought you were taking care of it.

BTW about gold veins - do they exist? I mined a lot, found every other vein except gold. What ores does it consist of? I hope this magnetite with traces of gold isn't the actual gold vein?

Last edited:

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019

• config
  • mods
  • scripts

Code:

• server.properties
  • ops.txt / ops.json
  • etc.,.

Code:

Hello again. I got the server working by trying what you suggested. Thank you for the help. Forge 1147 worked well for me, and I had to install that version of Forge into an empty folder and then copy all the mods, configs, and scripts folders in. Then, after successfully testing it with the Forge install, I had to wholesale copy all of that into my regular server folder location, which I had emptied out in preparation for this. Forge and/or the mods did not seem to play well with existing server files, even when I deleted ALL the old mods, configs, scripts, etc. For some reason, installing a fresh Forge into a new location and then bringing the mods TO that installation worked better.

However, now, I am having lots of instability with the server, even when using your Java arguments (I have used a very similar set of args for our 1.6.4 servers). I make it all the way through the FML ServerStart event and I cleanly start the server, and then for some reason the server decides to stop, and it saves the world and cleanly issues a ServerStopping event, at which point it shuts everything down and closes Java. This happens anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes after actually starting the server. There is no crash, no crash report log, and no errors or even warnings in the Forge event log. It just seems to issue a server stop command to itself, silently, and then cleanly shuts down.

Thoughts? At this point, I may just take my ball and go home and ask if I can play with you and Pyure.

Reactions: MigukNamja

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Brief update from me: fastcraft just won't work with the 1.7.2 infipack :( tried 1.6, 1.8 and 1.8-debug2 versions... Wasted a loong time. Nothing to show for it. :(

EDIT: I threw a bunch of 1.7.10 mods and tried fastcraft 1.8. It made some difference to the fps. 8-10 instead of 1-2 fps. No, it's still not a toaster. Thanks!

@SpwnX thanks for those tips. Those graphs! [drools]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

IHL is added for the 1.7.10 update. FastCraft seems usefull, but what i read on the FastCraft thread: "redistribution is prohibited, without exceptions." :( So i guess I will just add it to the first post as a suggestion

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I might include it as disabled per default, so ppl will be able to enable it if they will want.

^^ This would imply that EXBL might *never* get used with the pack. I would have been happier if it was the opposite (like 1.6.4 where EXBL was enabled over BoP). Otherwise it's nigh impossible for people downloading servers to enable one mod over another.

Oh well who am I kidding! Guess I should just stuff it and join the BoP bandwagon along with the rest of them.