[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, i started this pack and saw the new GregTech ... my first thoughts were "what the actual f*ck?!"
I guess hes going stand alone now, but the weird part is ... im also enjoying this, boy am i masochistic, do i need help? lol. (j/k, but it is fun)

Ive found plenty of goodies in the thaumcraft obsidian standing stones, damascus steel etc.
NEI seems to be, incomplete at best and buggy as hell - isolate forestry items, click to learn a recipe, NEI throws AE2 and thaumcraft into my selection complete with dithering items every time i click on something to see what it is - either alot of recipes are banned, or it seems to lack to data for them.

And is anyone else getting memory leaks on minecraft recently? i get it on crash landing too, minecraft seems to have no respect for the upper limit imposed by the launcher.

Hmmm...my client is stable so far. If it is leaking, it's not enough to cause stability issues. No *knock on wood* crashes or unexpected client exits so far.

ive found that to clean the issue you actually have to reboot, it might be something to do with java creating a stale environment for itself? im still using v7u67 considering that FTB wont play nice with java 8u20.

Same Java version. Perhaps the difference are the args, which I dutifully copied from another thread that discusses 1.7.x performance woes. Here are my client Java settings on my 4-core processor:

Code:
-Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

I have 16GB of RAM, but I'm setting MAXHEAP and MINHEAP to 2GB each.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday and the day before, @Pyure logged in for a few hours and helped a ton. He helped re-organize the mess I called a 'base', did a lot of mining/exporing, and found a huge Iron vein and a huge Copper vein. Yeah !! Had enough copper to fully convert all Tin to Bronze and get a good start in the bronze age. Then, ran out of Tin.

=== Exploration ===
So, late last night, I went searching for:
  • more bee hives
  • chicken feathers (needed those for Thaumcraft)
  • tin
I found all three ! I went due North, well past the Extreme Hills that's NW of our base. I found another Extreme Hills. At first, I was only finding Lignite and Coal. I went around the entire biome, and was about to leave, when I noticed a *very* faint white coloring on the stone. Tin !!! It was at Y=84. I marked it on my map and started picking. I only found half a stack from the small outcropping that peaked around Y=86. However, I had enough wits to check a nearby (maybe 15m away) dirt-covered peak and found Tin there ! I had run out of torches, so I didn't pick all of it. But, I did bring back 3 stacks of Tin and a single Cassiterite. Odd that there was a single Cassiterite in all that Tin.

=== Bronze Age Steam Machines ===
I also made some minor changes (improvements) to the bronze steam machine setup.
  • Had enough silver (thanks to @Pyure :)) to make 2nd Solar Boiler, which brings total boilers to 3 (2x solar, 1x coal)
  • 2nd Macerator
  • Alloy Smelter
  • Added more capacity to steam buffer
Bottleneck on processing right now is Macerator, so I built a 2nd one of those. Also built an Alloy Smelter. I tried using 2x Macerator + Alloy Smelter, but Smelter wasn't getting enough steam. Bottleneck is the golden waterproof pipe. Will need to upgrade to bronze pipes, but bronze should not be a problem now. Plenty of Tin and Copper to *hopefully* last well into the Steel and Stainless Steel eras.

Steam buffer is now 10x of the BC tanks for a total of 160 buckets. This *should* be enough to buffer the solar boilers through the night. But, it's easy to add more. Just dig down and add to the bottom.

Automation right now is very crude, but effective : a line of hoppers below, aimed in the same direction and ending in a chest at the end of the line. The hoppers pull from the machine above them, and push into the next hopper in the line. Also, hoppers on top of each machine. Can load up several hours' worth of 'work' for each machine and then do other stuff.

I have the steam coming into the back of each machine, the 'face' pointed to the side, and steam exhaust vent wrench to come out the front. I wish the steam did damage to the player to make it real (i.e. pay a cost for the setup I chose to do), but I haven't noticed any damage when I'm standing in front and there's a burst of steam exhaust.

=== Thaumcraft ===
While waiting for processing, I got a start on Thaumcraft. Made iron wand, Thauminomicon (book), and made the hand-held hexagon Thaumy-magnifying-glass thingy. Also made the research table and put a few shards around it. Did a little research, but not much. Mainly wanted to 'discover' the aspects so scans are successful. Also wanted to start gathering aspects from the nodes. Next up are gold-capped, greatwood wands.

The good and the bad thing about Thaumcraft is the beginning stage is almost entirely about investing into Thaumcraft itself. I can't think of any noticable external contributions until about Thaumium, monster-blocking blocks (with the red center), and some of the wand foci that don't require Infusion. The really good stuff is gated behind Infusion crafting, which requires a lot if investment into Thaumcraft.

We'll see if we get TC4.2 flight first or IC2 jetpack flight first :)

Edit : Wood golems are great early-game automation. I'll see what I can do with those.

=== Bees ===
@Pyure found a village with a bee expert in it. He 'borrowed' some queens, Apiaries, and frames :) Should have enough Pristines and enough diamonds to get a good start on an automated line of Apiaries. Will need to make a Carpenter and some starter MJ power to power it. Shoudn't be a problem since we have plenty of iron and bronze now. Not sure if creosote will work to make apiaries. If not, I'll make a big wheat/seed farm and will squeeze those.

I'm aiming for a 20 Apiaries total. That's enough to fairly quickly (re-)purify bee species and eventually make enough royal jelly and pollen for Alvearies when we get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlCapella and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 servers at my disposal, bitches.

No wait. Gentlemen.

Miguk did try to invite you, but you were like nooooo, I'll just do my own thing, which is make odd comments Pyure can't understand, and not play at all *whine whine whine*

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
wait... @Pyure is actually playing on your server?!?

/faints (swoons is more appropriate?) :p
Oh, and just to clarify, is this the SMP that @Pyure was talking about in his "chronicles of a gregtecher", or is he doing one of those direwolf-like cameo/guest appearance in your server?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, and just to clarify, is this the SMP that @Pyure was talking about in his "chronicles of a gregtecher", or is he doing one of those direwolf-like cameo/guest appearance in your server?
Who the hell do you think I am, Jesus? I don't cameo servers, I ruin them with my innane blather.

You should see the chatlog on Miguk's.

Miguk: Hi Pyure
Pyure: Hi. So I'm doing this stuff now....
Pyure: oh this thing just happened....
Pyure: Man this thing just killed me....
Pyure: What's this other thing do here....?
Pyure: Can we sleep plz.....?
Pyure: Miguk you still there?
Miguk: ....Yup, I just said hi to you like 2 minutes ago.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I have 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 servers at my disposal, bitches.

No wait. Gentlemen.

Miguk did try to invite you, but you were like nooooo, I'll just do my own thing, which is make odd comments Pyure can't understand, and not play at all *whine whine whine*
LOL! Boop.
Wait till I get the machine back.... Then I'll take him up on the offer. :) I thought I clarified it, but maybe not... "Boop" again anyway, while we're at it. :p

oh, and you did get that bigger boat? [thum thum thum thum][DOUBLEPOST=1409926063][/DOUBLEPOST]
Who the hell do you think I am, Jesus? I don't cameo servers, I ruin them with my innane blather.
You should see the chatlog on Miguk's.

^^
Heaven: Playing on a server with Pyure....
Hell: Playing on a server with Pyure
^^ along the lines of this un-PC joke I heard from the 90s.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure
Out of curiousity, for the same modpack, how does 1.7.2 performance compare with 1.7.10 on your machine? FPS/TPS/etc/etc/

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure
Out of curiousity, for the same modpack, how does 1.7.2 performance compare with 1.7.10 on your machine? FPS/TPS/etc/etc/
Similar, other than load time (1.7.10 loads more slowly for me).

I noticed the first couple minutes in a new 1.7.2 world were a bit laggy as the world generates around me (this is unusual on my computer), but it cleans itself up shortly.

Generally speaking, I can't complain about either one. There's no significant difference for me for 1.7.2 vs 1.7.10 vs 1.6.4 for that matter.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@AlCapella
You're more then welcome to join, sir. Plenty of room so far.

I *like* to think I'm doing @Jason McRay and the InfiTech2 dev team some kind of service by beta-testing a 1.7.10 version of this wonderful pack. With IC2 crops harvesters (apparently) not yet working in 1.7.x and Extra/MagicBees requiring 1.7.10 (and not 1.7.2), I wanted to go to 1.7.10 to take advantage of tiered and progressed (bees/IC2 crops) automatic resource production.

What I hope I am not doing is pulling people away from the official 1.7.2 version of this pack. This is truly a wonderful pack with a *lot* of attention to detail and balance put in. Very, very fun :)

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
@AlCapella
You're more then welcome to join, sir. Plenty of room so far.

I *like* to think I'm doing @Jason McRay and the InfiTech2 dev team some kind of service by beta-testing a 1.7.10 version of this wonderful pack. With IC2 crops harvesters (apparently) not yet working in 1.7.x and Extra/MagicBees requiring 1.7.10 (and not 1.7.2), I wanted to go to 1.7.10 to take advantage of tiered and progressed (bees/IC2 crops) automatic resource production.

What I hope I am not doing is pulling people away from the official 1.7.2 version of this pack. This is truly a wonderful pack with a *lot* of attention to detail and balance put in. Very, very fun :)

I certainly think so! Between yourself and @Pyure you're definitely helping John McLane is his fight with Hans Gruber, unlike a certain someone else here, who's hijacking this whole thread to make (unfamiliar) pop-culture references non-stop. ;)

I had one of those revelation/clarity moments this morning to try the fastcraft mod with Infitech 2 and my older machine over the weekend (and that fastcraft thing itself is like some temperamental beast... 1.6 works for some and 1.8 works for a few others, and 1.8-debug2 version as helped the other hoi polloi!). We'll see if that "strategy" works out (Fingers crossed). I was actually on the phone with my PC dealer and found out that the card's gone back to the supplier for one final test (and an impending replacement). Well, there's some cheer for an otherwise uneventful weekend.

P.S: Be warned, your chatlog might get flooded albeit entertaining, once both of us log into the server at the same time, at some point!

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
LOL! Boop.
Wait till I get the machine back.... Then I'll take him up on the offer. :)

Looking forward to it ! Hopefully (for you), we won't have Fusion by then :)[DOUBLEPOST=1409928388][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's a lot more big boats where that came from. I can't be stopped that easily.

btw:I wonder if golems harvest IC2 crops properly. Anyone know? Crop Harvesters = expensive to run. Golems = dirt cheap as far as I know.

Let's try ! I'll make the golems if you make the crops.

Reactions: Pyure and AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaargh, why do you do this @Pyure! Every reply of yours induces a "riposte" in me :p I resisted posting it long enough, but I have to say it now, or my head's likely to explode from all the stress!

^^ You ain't no Jesus... Jesus ain't be needin' no boat! Now, y'all know that, Jesus, he be walkin' on water! And he be catchin' that big-ass fish for dinner with his bare hands!

okay.. I'll probably see myself out now!

Reactions: Pyure

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me with this.

I am trying to run a server of the 1.7.2 version of this pack. I used the 'download server' button on the launcher to get the files, but when I try to run them, the included .jar server file fails to run and complains about the signatures within the .jar itself.

When I try to run the server with a fresh version of Forge recommend 1.7.2 server, it breaks complaining about a missing class in Apache regarding logging. The recommend 1.7.2 Cauldron fails the same way.

I am at work now, but I can post logs this evening.

In the meantime, for anyone running a 1.7.2 server with this pack, what server jar are you using and how did you get it to work? I have run a variety of servers on this machine before, so the dependencies should be correct. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MigukNamja

AndrewAmmerlaan

Jul 29, 2019
And is anyone else getting memory leaks on minecraft recently? i get it on crash landing too, minecraft seems to have no respect for the upper limit imposed by the launcher.
I had this problem to, additionally the console window would overflow with red errors, solved it by deleting the mapwriter saves, in the saves folder