[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure Does the Cassiterite in GT 5 look like it does in previous GT, i.e. white-on-gray ? Or does it look similar to the Small Tin Ore, i.e. silver/dark gray-on-gray ?

I'm not color-blind and the Small Tin Ore is *very* difficult to spot.
Sorry man I'm not really sure. I carved out a 2x2x30-long shaft and didn't bother looking at what I was getting. I ended up with mostly tin and just 1 cassiterite and I didn't see what its texture was. ( and I've already smelted it)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
^^ LOL! Your writing's getting very humourous, btw. But it's oh, somewhat spoilery, so I'm torn if to continue reading your diaries or not!

Also, I admire your dedication in setting up a server for this pack already! Well done, you!

I usually hate playing single player nowadays, because my time constraints for playing the game means that I sometimes cheat in items if I find that something's taking too long to make or find (a privilege that servers deprive me of, forcing me to play fair and legit!). For example, despite my not touching thaumcraft at all, I usually cheat in a boots of the traveller to give me early game step assist and speed *embarrassed smile*.

If you want to play on (my) 1.7.10 version of this pack, you're welcomed to join my server. GT really, really benefits from multiple people working towards the same goal.

Reactions: AlCapella and Pyure

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to play on (my) 1.7.10 version of this pack, you're welcomed to join my server. GT really, really benefits from multiple people working towards the same goal.

What a gent! Thank you very much for that offer, kind sir. But for all this,

A hose, a hose... My gaming machine for a hose! Which is presently hosed :-/ (apologies to that bard!)

[runs away before @Pyure turns up with sticks and stones, which are known to break them bones][DOUBLEPOST=1409762749][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry man I'm not really sure. I carved out a 2x2x30-long shaft and didn't bother looking at what I was getting. I ended up with mostly tin and just 1 cassiterite and I didn't see what its texture was. ( and I've already smelted it)

^^ screenshot it the next time please. (friendly liberty mode: or else you will get a kick on that backside from us)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
[runs away before @Pyure turns up with sticks and stones, which are known to break them bones][DOUBLEPOST=1409762749][/DOUBLEPOST]

^^ screenshot it the next time please. (friendly liberty mode: or else you will get a kick on that backside from us)

friendly what now?

I decided not to do pics, otherwise I'd move my spam over to the showcase thread. Tempting, but I do my spam from work, so I dont have screenshots anyway.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I think of when someone writes "kick" and "boop"

medscalebetty-boop-high-kick-stand-up-card.jpg

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I have a confession. I'm....I'm considering trying bees again. It almost always ends with me getting annoyed and taking a break, but I'm gonna try it again.
Yeah ! Please don't hesitate to let me know if/when you get annoyed. I'll be very glad to help however I can.

^^ Seen my brother-in-law wade through bees for weeks, and throw things at his screen in frustration at it. Every time I get tempted, I play that mental image, and the "bee in the bonnet" feeling passes. :D

You lost me friend :(

^^ Heavens be praised. I remembered a meme. My kick in the back was a metaphor. In all likelihood, that would be a "boop" in reality...
Spider-man-and-Deadpool-nose-boop.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1409765167][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is what I think of when someone writes "kick" and "boop"

medscalebetty-boop-high-kick-stand-up-card.jpg

^^ Yup. I was exactly like that myself, until a few younger members on these forums told me what modern day "boop" is :D

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Before one even begins bees, one must accept most attempts will be failures and success is measured in days or weeks.[DOUBLEPOST=1409765293][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^ Yup. I was exactly like that myself, until a few younger members on these forums told me what modern day "boop" is :D

I doubt anyone would confuse me as a "younger member", lol.

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Before one even begins bees, one must accept most attempts will be failures and success is measured in days or weeks.[DOUBLEPOST=1409765293][/DOUBLEPOST]

I doubt anyone would confuse me as a "younger member", lol.

Yup. It was the third week when things went flying towards the screen. :D

"Touche" for that last line. same goes for me too (does "young at heart" feeling count?). ;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, how the hell do I get redstone dust?

I have impure redstone, crushed redstone, and redstone ore. None of which can be furnaced. Going nuts.[DOUBLEPOST=1409787168][/DOUBLEPOST]nevermind, I'm supposed to "throw it into cauldron to get dust".

Thanks for nothing NEI

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Been resisting to post this one from yesterday, but I have to get it out of my system, else I can't even sleep....

Diary of a One-Seven-Two Newbie

"Quest for Tin, Part I"
---------------------------------------------
Asked a friend which way I should search for tin. He suggested north-east, since it was mostly virgin territory.

Spend three hours boating around, looking at mountains and trying to identify tin/cassiterite veins from exposed rock faces.

Pyure's Tip #4: Find mid/high elevation ores by looking at hills. Props to greg since this seems like realistic "prospecting" compared to vanilla branch-and-prayer mining.

In my case, apparently I'm cursed? My journey ended up with something like 15 magnetite veins (many of which had gold), several lignite veins (in case I ever need coal), and zero tin.

^^ On other news, @Pyure finally gets to realise that maybe he "needs a bigger boat" after all. :D

Reactions: Pyure

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Laughing with @Pyure . I was wondering the same thing ! Just hadn't had a need for redstone yet, heh.

OK, so I sort of had a need for redstone last night, and am very glad @Pyure shared his knowledge. Made a cauldron, put water in it just for the heck of it, and cleansed all of my ores (including Redstone) that needed to be cleansed. Interestingly, it didn't use (consume) any of the water in the cauldron. I wonder whether the water is really necessary.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Found a swamp biome last night, waited until night, and fursiously fought off zombies, skeletons, and creepers so I could get a shot at slimes. Killed a few slimes. Made it home and built a few Railcraft 3x3x3 (hollow) wood+slime+iron tanks. 'Infinite water' problem has been abated for now. This *should* be enough for quite a lot of steam, a Forestry multifarm, etc.,.

Now, if I can only find enough copper and tin...

At the current rate, I may find enough small copper and tin ores from just wandering around to at least enter the bronze age. Can't wait to start smelting so I'm not wasting so much copper. I've found tons of other ores, though, and most of them are Tier 2, ex. Nickel. Also, lots of iron. Found a huge iron vein at around Y=15.

Amazingly, Cobalt is pick-able with a stone or flint pickaxe and is a level 3 ore and is vanilla smeltable ! I've made some amazing tools with cobalt ingots and plates.

I'm not sure if this is a GT 5 for 1.7.2 thingy or a GT 5.x for 1.7.10 thingy.

Oh, and I found a very nice diamond vein :) Interesting how GT 5 diamond is an ore, and when picked, drop an ore block. You then smelt/macerate/etc.,. to extract the diamond. In this era, the yield is 1 for vanilla smelting. In later eras, it looks like the yield is over 2x per ore.

Reactions: Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, i started this pack and saw the new GregTech ... my first thoughts were "what the actual f*ck?!"
I guess hes going stand alone now, but the weird part is ... im also enjoying this, boy am i masochistic, do i need help? lol. (j/k, but it is fun)

OK, so I sort of had a need for redstone last night, and am very glad @Pyure shared his knowledge. Made a cauldron, put water in it just for the heck of it, and cleansed all of my ores (including Redstone) that needed to be cleansed. Interestingly, it didn't use (consume) any of the water in the cauldron. I wonder whether the water is really necessary.
Ive found plenty of goodies in the thaumcraft obsidian standing stones, damascus steel etc.
NEI seems to be, incomplete at best and buggy as hell - isolate forestry items, click to learn a recipe, NEI throws AE2 and thaumcraft into my selection complete with dithering items every time i click on something to see what it is - either alot of recipes are banned, or it seems to lack to data for them.

And is anyone else getting memory leaks on minecraft recently? i get it on crash landing too, minecraft seems to have no respect for the upper limit imposed by the launcher.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
And is anyone else getting memory leaks on minecraft recently? i get it on crash landing too, minecraft seems to have no respect for the upper limit imposed by the launcher.

^^ Lately, I get this problem all the time. 20 minutes of gaming, followed by the discovery of 96% RAM usage (seriously? I told you that Xmx is 3G, minecraft!) forcing me to close minecraft client, leading to my losing flow, leading to simply abandoning gaming for the night.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
^^ Lately, I get this problem all the time. 20 minutes of gaming, followed by the discovery of 96% RAM usage (seriously? I told you that Xmx is 3G, minecraft!) forcing me to close minecraft client, leading to my losing flow, leading to simply abandoning gaming for the night.
ive found that to clean the issue you actually have to reboot, it might be something to do with java creating a stale environment for itself? im still using v7u67 considering that FTB wont play nice with java 8u20.
The issue does come back in time, but at least you have a little while before it rears its ugly head, people have suggested s*it tons of ideas for the issue, isolating things like TE's itemducts (which arnt in this pack) causing overflowing threads and memory stacks that dont vanish till the tube is un-clogged.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
NEI seems to be, incomplete at best and buggy as hell - isolate forestry items, click to learn a recipe

Forestry recipes arent showing because of no NEI Plugins mod. It has been quite a while since it was last updated and there is still no port for 1.7.x... Thats the reason why there is CraftGuide mod included. By default you should be able to access it by pressing [,] on numpad (next to 0).

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban