[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
You can jar a node without warding focus, but you are likely to damage the node. Thaumic Tinker introduces advanced node jarring, which requires you to ward the silverywood logs before you jar the node. There is no chance of node degregation with this method.
You can restore jarred node in Advanced Node Stabilizer, which takes some time, but what in this pack doesn't? :) (I've had a node go from Pale to normal in about 24 hours, may be that was me being extremely lucky, I don't know. )

Jared Frane

Jul 29, 2019
Without warding focus we can't jar a node, and therefore can't really energize a node. Without being able to move or energize a node the pack basically cut off a 1/3 of the TC mod. A nether star alone is difficult enough for most folks considering that a wither is intended to be a "boss" mob in the game. But when things like iridium get tossed in at this stage of the progression it gets sort of silly fast. The only even remotely reasonable way to acquire iridium through the early and mid stages of the pack is to find it in chests. Iridium ore itself is one of the rarest in the GT oregen, and it requires a level 4 pick to acquire. Looking for iridium is something that generally is in the phase of the game where you're messing around with nuclear reactors, fusion, and Galacticraft. Energized nodes should be far earlier in the progression than that.

This is the sort of thing I was trying to convey the other night on the server. Basically every thing that's fun or worth doing in Thaumcraft is now gated behind GT, and in no small way. I fully agree that some parts of TC needed a significant overhaul in order to fall in line with the pack and fit into the spectrum of balance. For example, what you all did with transmutation is spot on both in the ways it was balanced and the additional content that is provided. Major kudos there! I also totally understand why golems needed to be adjusted, although I feel like it may have been better to address the balancing in the specific golem core recipes than in the golems themselves. I'm also loving the new content like Witching Gadgets and more.

However, I don't know why everything in Thaumcraft had to be changed and made reliant upon GregTech technology tiers. Certainly it's a GregTech balanced mod pack, but why does it have to be a linear progression instead of a choose-your-own-adventure? GregTech can be great fun, challenging, and rewarding. It can also be frustrating and make you want to pull your hair out. In those moments it was always nice to take a break from GregoriousT's madness and just go sling some magic around for a while until you figure out how to fix that large gaping hole in your base. In my opinion, that's something that's missing now with the way that TC was tied so tightly to GT this go round.

yeah going to agree with this, all the useful cores being gated behind HV is pretty over the top too

Majshock

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree, the excavation foci feels better gated behind titanium. It was too strong for how easy to get.

W

WT91

First time posting here, just wanted to say huge thanks Jason for this awesome modpack. My friends and I have been enjoying 3.1.23 and recently updated to 3.2.1 (and will upgrade to 3.2.2 when I update my home server). I noticed a bug that I'm not sure is known about or not. I was playing around with the Pneumaticcraft refinery (first time doing so, our 3.1.23 server used coke oven+charcoal+creosote+ethanol up til HV when the update came out) and couldn't seem to get the gasoline to want to come out. Fluid conduits set to extract on that level of the refinery would make the gasoline disappear from the refinery GUI, but it never arrived in the drum. Upon trying with a GT pipe+pump, my server crashed with a "State engine in incorrect state" error.

Is this a known thing? Can someone help me get my precious gasoline out of the refinery? None of the pipes/transportation methods I've used so far have worked.

F

FutureCode

Got a weird bug.
I can no longer eat food/shoot arrows/throw eggs/read books/block with swords JUST after I right-click-harvested a pam's harvestcraft crop.
I'm in single player. Suiciding will not fix the glitch. Restarting the game can however.

Tested with a new save. The bug is replicable.

That almost rendered my save unplayable. Anyone got the same issue?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Without warding focus we can't jar a node, and therefore can't really energize a node. Without being able to move or energize a node the pack basically cut off a 1/3 of the TC mod. A nether star alone is difficult enough for most folks considering that a wither is intended to be a "boss" mob in the game. But when things like iridium get tossed in at this stage of the progression it gets sort of silly fast. The only even remotely reasonable way to acquire iridium through the early and mid stages of the pack is to find it in chests. Iridium ore itself is one of the rarest in the GT oregen, and it requires a level 4 pick to acquire. Looking for iridium is something that generally is in the phase of the game where you're messing around with nuclear reactors, fusion, and Galacticraft. Energized nodes should be far earlier in the progression than that.

This is the sort of thing I was trying to convey the other night on the server. Basically every thing that's fun or worth doing in Thaumcraft is now gated behind GT, and in no small way. I fully agree that some parts of TC needed a significant overhaul in order to fall in line with the pack and fit into the spectrum of balance. For example, what you all did with transmutation is spot on both in the ways it was balanced and the additional content that is provided. Major kudos there! I also totally understand why golems needed to be adjusted, although I feel like it may have been better to address the balancing in the specific golem core recipes than in the golems themselves. I'm also loving the new content like Witching Gadgets and more. d

However, I don't know why everything in Thaumcraft had to be changed and made reliant upon GregTech technology tiers. Certainly it's a GregTech balanced mod pack, but why does it have to be a linear progression instead of a choose-your-own-adventure? GregTech can be great fun, challenging, and rewarding. It can also be frustrating and make you want to pull your hair out. In those moments it was always nice to take a break from GregoriousT's madness and just go sling some magic around for a while until you figure out how to fix that large gaping hole in your base. In my opinion, that's something that's missing now with the way that TC was tied so tightly to GT this go round.
Not being able to jar nodes without advanced jarring is your issue, just because an addon adds a method superior to the normal method of jarring nodes it doesn't make the normal method useless. If you really, really need to move it with no chance of loss but haven't got a warding focus then just use a dislocator, that can move it without any risk of damage, just no more than 16 blocks at a time. There's tons of methods of dealing with nodes though, complaining you can't get nodes to your base without advanced jarring is unneeded, even other than the dislocator, normal jarring, you've got things like node farms, and bees to be able to fantastic nodes wherever you want, framez might work for moving nodes too. Needing T4 mining is totally irrelevant, that's trivial to get with a bit of thaumcraft progression, same with rarity as it's not that rare and you can find a good bit from dungeon loot anyway, you only need 1 ingot too so that works. My potential issue was that it's a HV metal, and wasn't sure if the warding focus should be behind the freezer, in the end I figured it works and indestructible blocks aren't that important to anything, and you can still do normal warded arcana along with sapphire glass for wither proof blocks if that's why you want them. Energized are actually right at the bottom of HV as an aside, requiring only a sensor and emitter, I've even been decided to revert the recipe back to the earlier version so just those are required and not a HV laser engraver.

As for the why is everything in Thaumcraft made reliant on GregTech? Some of it was minor and more thematicy, for example all lens were changed to the 4 rings + lens style to keep them consistent, some of the foci got specific gating via the metals require but the changing all was for consistency. Why are some other things gated? Generally when they were the best option, chop cores were the go to solution for woodchopping, alchemy cores rendered essentia tubes basically useless, golems themselves were far, far cheaper and earlier for their effectiveness than anything else. Flight? Gated to a point where flight is an option, and really that's the case for most of the gating, they're gated to a point where Thaumcraft becomes an alternative rather than an alternative available for voltage tiers sooner for a quarter of the price as it was in some cases. Thaumcraft is still a solid alternative really, it's just no longer always the best alternative.

As for HV cores, I've been thinking on lowering the cost of the sorting core and the use core is the only one that is actually HV other than it. Chop, Fishing, and Alchemy merely require a HV component, which as all components are possible to craft in the tier below so you can actually craft machines of that tier, so they only require MV stuff, no actual HV machines needed. Of course creating a tree farm without the use core is trickier but hey, be creative and all that, there are ways to place saplings at arbitrary locations without needing to have any blocks adjacent to them that would block growth.

Reactions: Pyure

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
To build an Advanced Circuit, you need Polyethylene, which comes from Naphtha which comes from cracked light fuel, which requires an Oil Cracking Unit, which requires and Advanced Circuit to build.

What is the subtle work-around here?

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
To build an Advanced Circuit, you need Polyethylene, which comes from Naphtha which comes from cracked light fuel, which requires an Oil Cracking Unit, which requires and Advanced Circuit to build.

What is the subtle work-around here?
Naphta you can get without cracking unit.
Distillery (not multiblock) > sulfuric naphta -> chemical reactor -> naphta.

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
Crops of the IC do not grow do not grow up to the last stage.
I can not grow Tin, Coupon. What to do?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Got a weird bug.
I can no longer eat food/shoot arrows/throw eggs/read books/block with swords JUST after I right-click-harvested a pam's harvestcraft crop.
I'm in single player. Suiciding will not fix the glitch. Restarting the game can however.

Tested with a new save. The bug is replicable.

That almost rendered my save unplayable. Anyone got the same issue?
This issue has been in here in past. The problem was Malisis Doors if I am not mistaken. Can you try to remove Malisis Doors (and maybe Malisis Core too) and try to replicate it? Thanks

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
While malisis doors is a fun nice cosmetic mod, which I really like, it has used to create different sort of wondorous problems with ic2 and gregtech in my experience. first time I installed it, I've spent hours upon hours to find out what causes ic2 plants not to work at all (the sticks would not accept seeds at that time).

That being said, I like malisis doors. Just hope it wouldn't break in such a strange ways.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some kind of crafting table in the modpack, that would allow me to place tools into some kind of slots, and would automatically place the tools where they're needed? Like, when I want to craft a pickaxe head, it would place File and Hammer from its buffer into the table by itself, would reduce the durability of the tools, and would work automatically for the GT's recipes?

edit: I understand that there can & would be recipe conflicts this way (high pressure something block made from 8 steel plates <-> lv machine casing), but that is solvable, and I've seen this kind of request on IC2 forums, so may be there is something like it already. :)

F

FutureCode

Is there some kind of crafting table in the modpack, that would allow me to place tools into some kind of slots, and would automatically place the tools where they're needed? Like, when I want to craft a pickaxe head, it would place File and Hammer from its buffer into the table by itself, would reduce the durability of the tools, and would work automatically for the GT's recipes?

edit: I understand that there can & would be recipe conflicts this way (high pressure something block made from 8 steel plates <-> lv machine casing), but that is solvable, and I've seen this kind of request on IC2 forums, so may be there is something like it already. :)

I think you can just leave your tools on the crafting grid (some crafting tables from mods keeps them when gui is closed).
Since there aren't many recipes that demand tools (namely machine casings, rotors, electric pumps and some occasionally used ones), you can make one crafting table for each of them, and use the specific one when needed.