[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
For early prospecting do we still have the BC miner thing which digs a 1x1? I've used that for early prospecting, its more or less tolerable.
Mining Well? It wants StainlessSteel Drill Tip, so not LV.
I'm trying to download 3.2.1.1. Once it is downloaded i get this message:
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: EB6AB138AD0B001272F809AEA6DFD1A6
FTB Servers were having severe issues. Either stay on 3.2.1 or wait for 3.2.2.2

Reactions: Astrik

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Servers were having severe issues.
I probably talk to wrong person and in a wrong place, but still, why is that so? I mean, all there is for launcher to do, is download modpack and unzip it to destinated folder. Why all of a sudden all hell broke loose?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I probably talk to wrong person and in a wrong place, but still, why is that so? I mean, all there is for launcher to do, is download modpack and unzip it to destinated folder. Why all of a sudden all hell broke loose?
All modpacks are stored on the FTB repository servers and the launcher is pulling the packs from there. Not sure what happend exactly, but it probably corrupted something there.

Jared Frane

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously a nether star lens for a warding focus? I know somethings in TC were a tad op compared to the pack (like the easy steel) some of these recipes seem a bit over nerfed

Reactions: Dlur100
R

Rogash

Hey guys i'm relatively new and wanted to ty the tc transmutation expansion of gregtech...Are there any prerequisities for steel transmutation? i unlocked iron, copper, thin, and lead...but i can't do research for steel

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys i'm relatively new and wanted to ty the tc transmutation expansion of gregtech...Are there any prerequisities for steel transmutation? i unlocked iron, copper, thin, and lead...but i can't do research for steel

You might need coal (or charcoal - can't remember which) transmutation.

D

Dmitriy Panarin

it seems jar files in a mods directory are corrupted and have a bad size on your githab repository InfiTech-1.7

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Sf3MQnq.jpg

Man sometimes railcraft acts strangely. These are part of the same train and move in parallel without requiring fuel o_O

Edit: seems to be caused by this intersection, and I just can't identify what is wrong with it. The train seems to try to go the left(from picture perspective) even though it should go right?
wRPsoyp.jpg

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously a nether star lens for a warding focus? I know somethings in TC were a tad op compared to the pack (like the easy steel) some of these recipes seem a bit over nerfed
That was chosen because the warding focus normally uses a nether star, it was the use of iridium I was less sure of when setting it. Looking into being able to attain a warding focus without needing a nether star block however, that is a bit much.

For steel transmutation you need gold transmutation, that unlocks the magical fabrication methods (one metal -> different metal) which steel is part of.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
That was chosen because the warding focus normally uses a nether star, it was the use of iridium I was less sure of when setting it. Looking into being able to attain a warding focus without needing a nether star block however, that is a bit much.

Without warding focus we can't jar a node, and therefore can't really energize a node. Without being able to move or energize a node the pack basically cut off a 1/3 of the TC mod. A nether star alone is difficult enough for most folks considering that a wither is intended to be a "boss" mob in the game. But when things like iridium get tossed in at this stage of the progression it gets sort of silly fast. The only even remotely reasonable way to acquire iridium through the early and mid stages of the pack is to find it in chests. Iridium ore itself is one of the rarest in the GT oregen, and it requires a level 4 pick to acquire. Looking for iridium is something that generally is in the phase of the game where you're messing around with nuclear reactors, fusion, and Galacticraft. Energized nodes should be far earlier in the progression than that.

This is the sort of thing I was trying to convey the other night on the server. Basically every thing that's fun or worth doing in Thaumcraft is now gated behind GT, and in no small way. I fully agree that some parts of TC needed a significant overhaul in order to fall in line with the pack and fit into the spectrum of balance. For example, what you all did with transmutation is spot on both in the ways it was balanced and the additional content that is provided. Major kudos there! I also totally understand why golems needed to be adjusted, although I feel like it may have been better to address the balancing in the specific golem core recipes than in the golems themselves. I'm also loving the new content like Witching Gadgets and more.

However, I don't know why everything in Thaumcraft had to be changed and made reliant upon GregTech technology tiers. Certainly it's a GregTech balanced mod pack, but why does it have to be a linear progression instead of a choose-your-own-adventure? GregTech can be great fun, challenging, and rewarding. It can also be frustrating and make you want to pull your hair out. In those moments it was always nice to take a break from GregoriousT's madness and just go sling some magic around for a while until you figure out how to fix that large gaping hole in your base. In my opinion, that's something that's missing now with the way that TC was tied so tightly to GT this go round.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
You can jar a node without warding focus, but you are likely to damage the node. Thaumic Tinker introduces advanced node jarring, which requires you to ward the silverywood logs before you jar the node. There is no chance of node degregation with this method.