[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
@Blood Asp, is there anything you can think of to implement that would allow players to use monstrous amounts of power to brute-force the huge scanning processes? Are we able to overclock the scanner (further) with power from, say, a fusion reactor or something?
Each tier halves time while quadrupling EU/t requirement right? and it's an LV recipe while the machines max at IV, so that's still four tiers above possible. NEI says it takes 444,596,224 EU at 32 EU/t, which should work out to about 13.9M ticks and 695,000 seconds but the tooltip says 40.96 million seconds, any idea where I went wrong? The figure I worked out is only 8 days, so should only be about half a day with an IV scanner, the figure NEI gives however is 474 days, dropping to about 30 days with IV, and thus under two days at a theoretical MAX tier scanner.

Assuming the figure I got is accurate it'd actually work though, I mean sure you'd have to supply 8192EU/t for around 12 hours straight which is a huge 114 billion EU but it's not totally unfeasible, it's still really slow but that level of power should be sustainable over that amount of time with a good reactor setup. A MAX tier scanner on the other hand would need about 2 million EU/t for under an hour, but that's going to be several large plasma generators being pushed to their limits to supply that level of power, it'd fit with your idea of monstrous amounts of power to brute force it though, either get stable IV power gen and sit for a day with the IV scanner or push it down to under and hour but need a terrifyingly huge amount of power with over 29 trillion EU.

Also just checked replication costs, it costs 100,000 UU and takes 45 minutes even with an IV replicator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Someone mentioned 30 days above :\
It's 30 days if I had used the top tier scanner, but I didn't. I tossed it into a HV scanner like this:

BWxB56v.png

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I just got back from work. Let me know if it isn't fixed yet and you need help testing.
I am unable to make it work. I reported the problem to @InfinityRaider on his github repo for the YouShallNotStack mod. If the fix will not happen I will hardcode it to InfinityCore mod. But that will come in v3.2.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Dont forget that its not even secured that scanned neutronium will be usefull for anything. The recepie to replicate it takes 100buckets of UU-M, thats more than you cam fit into an IV replicator...

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to clarify something
this page claims: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Magic_Energy_Absorber_(GregTech_5_Unofficial)
that there is a config option for multiple dragon eggs
with the pack, it is possible to create multiple dragon eggs (dragon chunks from draconic bees). I just got to those bees, so I wanted to check if I would be able to use 2nd dragon egg for power generation. I didn't find the configuration option - in fact, there is no machineconfig.cfg, and all I have with "dragon" in config folder is as follows
./MaterialProperties.cfg: D:ryudragonryder_0.0=0.0
./Recipes.cfg: I:item.dragonfruitItem_100=100
./Recipes.cfg: B:item.dragonfruitItem_true=true
./Recipes.cfg: B:tile.extrabiomes.flower.snapdragon_true=true
./Recipes.cfg: I:fluid.potion.dragonblood_2048=2048
./Recipes.cfg: B:RyuDragonRyder_true=true
./Recipes.cfg: B:RyuDragonRyder_true=true

So still.. The question is, can I have multiple dragon eggs with absorbers in the pack?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Time is a rare commodity for me this day. I have my oil distillation tower planned in minute detail. The sulfuric acid is not enough to run the entire process so ile add some methane to make ends meet. Excess methane will go into turning the fuel into nitro diesel. both triglycerine and gasoline will be used for the nitrofuel production and complemented with my old carbon dust/air based system. Lubricants will be shipped for storage in a huge iron tank for future use once 3.2 arrives. Problem is i won't be able to play untill the middle of next week ;(

A quick question regarding distillation tower and oil, at what level do the distillation tower output the different fluids? Would make it a lot easier to properly plan placement of output hatches and piping. Basically something like gasoline y lvl 1, methane y lvl 2 etc etc

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to clarify something
this page claims: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Magic_Energy_Absorber_(GregTech_5_Unofficial)
that there is a config option for multiple dragon eggs
with the pack, it is possible to create multiple dragon eggs (dragon chunks from draconic bees). I just got to those bees, so I wanted to check if I would be able to use 2nd dragon egg for power generation. I didn't find the configuration option - in fact, there is no machineconfig.cfg, and all I have with "dragon" in config folder is as follows

So still.. The question is, can I have multiple dragon eggs with absorbers in the pack?
https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/GregTech/MachineStats.cfg#L15

So yes you can have multiple eggs.

Reactions: Mikhail Krutov

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Looks like the backpack dupe issue is fixed in forestry itself. Haven't tested it, just saw it on their github. So that makes one less thing I need to do :)

Apart from testing it once you can verify that it will work for your version of Minecraft. :D

When Mojang finally fixed the hashmap issue with the chunk loading in Minecraft, and gave it an overhaul, there was for a time still the problem of the rendering not rendering the chunks properly. So the chunk hashmap issue being fixed meant Mojang had to overhaul the rendering engine. For future versions of Minecraft I'm glad they did so. I can only hope the situation for the Forestry dupe bug is not as bad. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to be able to pick up the Dragon Egg by Sneaking and left clicking it with a sword. Is there another way intended to pick it up?

Edit: Crowbar fixed the problem. >_>

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, is there some way you can fix recipes that stubbornly refuse to show up? I'm looking at how to make pyrotheum dust in this modpack and nothing tells me how I should make it. If this is because it's made in a table that NEI doesn't normally show, or can't show, can you please put together an in-game guide comprised of any and all items that don't craft via a NEI-visible recipe?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, is there some way you can fix recipes that stubbornly refuse to show up? I'm looking at how to make pyrotheum dust in this modpack and nothing tells me how I should make it. If this is because it's made in a table that NEI doesn't normally show, or can't show, can you please put together an in-game guide comprised of any and all items that don't craft via a NEI-visible recipe?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
What do you need pyrotheum dust for? It shouldn't be needed in 3.1, and in 3.2 it definitely has a recipe.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
What do you need pyrotheum dust for? It shouldn't be needed in 3.1, and in 3.2 it definitely has a recipe.

I need it because some recipe said I needed it to electrolyze a few things from. I was also looking into blaze powder and this pyrotheum dust came up in one of the related recipes. It's looking as if I did need it for anything in 3.1 it's not showing the recipe for whatever reason. If it definitely shows up in one recipe in 3.1, to my knowledge, it already has a use.

I probably will go with grabbing a spawner from the Nether if I want blaze powder. Apparently, though, there are some things that show up with pyrotheum dust as a part of the recipe yet NEI won't show how I make it. That alone is of significant concern.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah GT adds recipes automatically for a lot of things, even if you can't get said things. In the case of pyrotheum (once the crafting recipe is in) the recipe centrifuge recipe works as predicted, it just splits it only what is required to make it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight Forest. So no obtainable because we dont have TF
Technically not quite true, Ironwood was always obtainable with thaumcraft, infused metallum crops should be able to get you any variant of iron.

On a different note most of the TF materials should actually be obtainable with thaumcraft in 3.2 for anyone interested.

D

drakaros3

I recently started to integrate ae2 network to my base, make first molecular assembler and cpu, add few pattern ect.
But I found that when i try to craft something with GT tool in recipe, my tool is destroyed whole in process. Is it normal or must be done something specific ?

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight Forest. So no obtainable because we dont have TF
Aha, thanks. Just was interested, what adds that thing.
up:
Dear Diary, today I've learned that I can hang the openblocks clipboard on a wall. This one looks just great in my lab!
Ticking the entries and pages works as well, but the edit does not. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Quayludious