[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
1) Try to go to the InfiTech 2 folder, delete usernamecache.json (and usercache.json if present) and try that again.
2) Update Java
If it will not help please provide full log? In launcher console click on upload and send me the generated link. Thanks.

1. Said files didn't exist anywhere within the InfiTech 2 folder. Maybe because I've never successfully launched it?
2. I was running Java 8 Update 60. I updated to Java 8 Update 65, but it didn't change anything.

Here is the link to the log.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
That was faster than I expected. Comming in few minutes
v3.1.16 Hotfix
Mod Updates:
- GregTech -> 5.08.32

Changes/fixes:
- Fixed forestry processing in GT counterpart machines (combs, squeezing, fluid extracting, etc...)
- Fixed forestry backpacks not accepting items they should

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Enriched Uranium Nuclear Fuel, I suppose I have to turbo centrifuge U-238 dust for the U-235 if I don't have any 235 ore?

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Enriched Uranium Nuclear Fuel, I suppose I have to turbo centrifuge U-238 dust for the U-235 if I don't have any 235 ore?

I think the intent is that neither U235 or Plutonium are naturally occurring. Both should require either centrifuging out of other materials, or breeding in reactors.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I think the intent is that neither U235 or Plutonium are naturally occurring. Both should require either centrifuging out of other materials, or breeding in reactors.
Plutonium is appearing in the world curerntly. But Pu spawns is getting removed in v3.2 and will get replaced by Uranium (right @Blood Asp? :) )

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
In GT5.09 Pu got replaced by U235 in worldgen and processing. So you have like in IC2 start with uranium reactors to get pu. Getting huge anounts of Pu also becomes much more difficult. 6 u238 turn into 1 tiny pu. Also RTGs have IV tier recipes.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Getting huge anounts of Pu also becomes much more difficult. 6 u238 turn into 1 tiny pu. Also RTGs have IV tier recipes.
Plutonium is easy with GenDustry...

Well realistically, just about everything is easy with Gendustry if you apply enough EUs, U-238, and seed oil :) I fed a hungry node for 3 weeks and couldn't get all the primals above 1000 vis. I bred bees and now I have 9 nodes that will energize to over 32 cvis..

Last edited:

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
In GT5.09 Pu got replaced by U235 in worldgen and processing. So you have like in IC2 start with uranium reactors to get pu. Getting huge anounts of Pu also becomes much more difficult. 6 u238 turn into 1 tiny pu. Also RTGs have IV tier recipes.

Ah, so no tiny Pu dusts from centrifuging U238 either? What about thermal centrifuging byproducts of ore processing? If they're all gone that would make it much harder to generate lots of plutonium.

I had a quarry running to mine out 2 Uranium veins, powered by 8 reactors, each with 1 Quad MOX fuel rod. The reactor bred me like 7 plutonium by the time I was done processing all the ores. The processing of the ores got me ~250 plutonium ingots.

I just built an RTG cluster, and it is crazy how good it is at the moment, requiring higher tier materials is a good idea.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Ive got aa node with 15 centivis, and its way to bright already to have inside my base. I could only imagine what would 1k via node look like....

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
There's something weird going on with the packager in 1x1 and 3x3 mode, I can manually put in the items and it'll work, but when I use a setup with a chest buffer (like one would do for dusts), it doesn't receive any items.
I have the exact same setup working with converting small/tiny dusts into 'full' dusts, but a seperate setup for nuggets doesn't work. All the nuggets are just sitting in the chest buffer, impatiently waiting to become a full ingot. It has power and is set to eject 9 at a time to the packager and it is working because it ejects 9 nuggets at a time when I remove the packager. When the packager is there with a 3x3 schematic it stops ejecting. Is there something I'm missing?

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
I think removing Pu veins is a very fair thing to do, not sure why they existed in the first place. Its so goddamn long and resource eating to enrich into Pu and there are veins full of it? My first reaction was - ZOMG.

By the way - why the puck plutonium stacks just fine? Do you know what happens when you stack some plutonium in one close place? how about 64 units of Pu in 1 place? I think it shouldn't stack AT ALL imo lol.

Another thing is, that U238 ore should give when thermal centrifuged (Imo) not tiny Pu dusts, but tiny u235 dusts. Getting U235 tiny dust can be only in centrifuge which is WAY harder, than geting Pu simply with thermal centrifuge. What is supposed to be easier - getting u235 or Pu? As of now - getting Pu is way easier than U235. At least I think getting u235 should be easier and getting Pu should be harder. Personally I would like better centrifuge recepie. Wtf 256k energy for 2% chance for tiny Pu?????? While I can simply throw some crushed uranium 238 into thermal centrifuge and 100% get same tiny Pu dust in several seconds?? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS IT STRANGE? wtf would I use that weird centrifuge recepie??
I think, that centrifuge recepie u238>u235+pu244 should be re-worked. At least to become usefull and to become less crazy. It should be LONGER, but WAY less expensive (as its output is just tiny and will never pay off those millions of energy), maybe something like 10 times longer (400 secs) 10 times less energy (25600eu) (10 times less voltage), the percentages should be something like 60% for u235 and 20% for Pu244 and it should RETURN up to 3 u238 small piles with maybe 60% each pile in the same way Rare earth is centrifuged so it wont be playing roulette with 2% chance, 20% chance or all lost. Thats the way it should more-or-less be as what we have now makes NO sense. Maybe thats the old recepie nobody cared about.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I think removing Pu veins is a very fair thing to do, not sure why they existed in the first place. Its so goddamn long and resource eating to enrich into Pu and there are veins full of it? My first reaction was - ZOMG.

By the way - why the puck plutonium stacks just fine? Do you know what happens when you stack some plutonium in one close place? how about 64 units of Pu in 1 place? I think it shouldn't stack AT ALL imo lol.

Another thing is, that U238 ore should give when thermal centrifuged (Imo) not tiny Pu dusts, but tiny u235 dusts. Getting U235 tiny dust can be only in centrifuge which is WAY harder, than geting Pu simply with thermal centrifuge. What is supposed to be easier - getting u235 or Pu? As of now - getting Pu is way easier than U235. At least I think getting u235 should be easier and getting Pu should be harder. Personally I would like better centrifuge recepie. Wtf 256k energy for 2% chance for tiny Pu?????? While I can simply throw some crushed uranium 238 into thermal centrifuge and 100% get same tiny Pu dust in several seconds?? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS IT STRANGE? wtf would I use that weird centrifuge recepie??
I think, that centrifuge recepie u238>u235+pu244 should be re-worked. At least to become usefull and to become less crazy. It should be LONGER, but WAY less expensive (as its output is just tiny and will never pay off those millions of energy), maybe something like 10 times longer (400 secs) 10 times less energy (25600eu) (10 times less voltage), the percentages should be something like 60% for u235 and 20% for Pu244 and it should RETURN up to 3 u238 small piles with maybe 60% each pile in the same way Rare earth is centrifuged so it wont be playing roulette with 2% chance, 20% chance or all lost. Thats the way it should more-or-less be as what we have now makes NO sense. Maybe thats the old recepie nobody cared about.
Most of the changes you list here are long done and inside GT 5.09.xx. It just takes a bit until it will be part of IT2. If you want to look at is now, just download the IT2beta version.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, NEI shows wrong recipe:
Snímek z 2015-10-21 22-25-44.png
That's for Damascus Steel

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Only one impregnated stick per log? That is highway robbery. If a villager tried to make that trade he'd be tarred and feathered and ran out of the village on a rail. I can only imagine a dead planet after the beekeepers cut down three oak trees for every frame they needed.

Reactions: adamich