[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Btw guys when approximately do you go to the Moon? In HV era?

Mikhail, I always come to the forum with a question, only to find that you've just recently posted the same one. It's pretty amazing how many times this happens!

You can go to the moon once you have the implosion compressor (and approximately 1000 stacks gunpowder).

I started to reply about Pneumaticraft, but suddenly realized this is not from that mod but rather from GT itself... and I have no idea why we need an Implosion Compressor but I suppose I'll figure it out quickly. 1000 stacks? That shouldn't be a problem, I already have at least 2 and a half stacks, maybe even close to 3. LOL sigh Oh Lord. The 'fun' never ends!

Last edited:
Reactions: DarknessShadow

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Implosion compressor is for compressed plates Galacticraft uses. Other recipes is compressing of coal in industrial diamonds, some dusts into gems and iridium into iridium reinforced plates.
In some packs the coal to diamond in normal compressor is disabled.

I plan to soon change the recipes of tnt. tnt will get a real chemical tnt recipe with mv tech. I will also add a gunpowder crate for early game explosives and a hv or ev tier C4 recipe for high end explosives. The impcom will use different amounts of them and some recipes will need the high tier materials to work in the first place.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
A more important question (I suppose) is... what is the point of going to the Moon (or planets)? What is out there that isn't down here in the Overworld/Nether/End? Are there unique materials in the Galacticraft dimensions which is the reason for going there, or is the reason for going just so we can say "I did it!"?

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
A more important question (I suppose) is... what is the point of going to the Moon (or planets)? What is out there that isn't down here in the Overworld/Nether/End? Are there unique materials in the Galacticraft dimensions which is the reason for going there, or is the reason for going just so we can say "I did it!"?

I went to the moon on 2.x. not missing much, I think. I recall finding a diamond vein, and fighting giant skeleton bosses in hard-to-find moon dungeons. And useless villagers that don't sell anything. Occasionally I would lose my para-chest and soon learned not to carry valuable stuff on my journey back to earth.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The "good stuff" was past the moon last pack I played with galacticraft. Most of the players I talked to didn't even bother setting up shop on the moon. Built a station and from there went further.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I do not remember the settings, but mars and asteroids should contain many rare materials. So they are perfect for mining and more.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Occasionally I would lose my para-chest and soon learned not to carry valuable stuff on my journey back to earth.

Do you mean don't carry valuable stuff in your inventory or just in a cargo rocket? Do you die on re-entry to earth sometimes or what? Wouldn't having bags enchanted with soul-bind fix that? I wonder if magic mirrors work in space...

I haven't done anything with Galacticraft yet, but my son is really, really, really itching to build a rocket and go to the moon. We can probably afford the resources, but I want to get all my AE2 autocrafting stuff up and running before I move on to the next thing. I've had molecular assemblers set up for a few days now and have been encoding patterns like crazy. I started setting up GT machines on ME IO ports now too and doing patterns for those. Plus I have a TC assembler and a alchemical construct with recipes :)

So if I understand this right, going to the moon is mostly for the purpose of building a launch pad to get to asteroids and Mars and such where the real good stuff is at (GC wise)?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You can build a space station instead of building on the moon. I think the moon's relative uselessness is an artifact of how Galacticraft developed, although I suppose it might mirror reality. :)

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Mikhail, I always come to the forum with a question, only to find that you've just recently posted the same one. It's pretty amazing how many times this happens!
Man till you said that noone knew you were my alt forum account. :(

Also, got another issue with my thaumcraft stuff. For some reason, every time I reload my singleplayer world, some of my vis relay nodes get disconnected. Why? What can I do to prevent it? As soon as I replant em, the situation fixes itself.

Also, regarding the Mars/Moon/Asteroids.
According to the Oregen book*, some of the ores can generate only in the End or Mars/Moon. Honestly, having in mind that we have Hardcore Ender Expansion installed, I'd prefer to go to the Mars to get Naquadah when the time comes. Also, I find the idea of spacestation base kinda very very nice.

*: Snímek z 2015-10-20 18-30-19.png

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
So if I understand this right, going to the moon is mostly for the purpose of building a launch pad to get to asteroids and Mars and such where the real good stuff is at (GC wise)?
You need the plan for a rocked tier 2. You find that in dungeons on the moon. Also you need meteoric iron that drops as asteroids from time to time in loaded chunks on planets.
So fly to moon, build a small air supply (solars, plant farm, oxygen collector), chunkload a relatively big area, search for an dungeon and get a tier 2 rocked plan from the boss. Go back to chunkloaded area. After 1-2 hours there did likely drop enough asteroids for enough materials. Then fly back. Next build tier 2 rocket. That can fly to mars. There you find tier 3 rocket and cargo rocket plans. Also desh ore underground. Once you have collected that, again back to earth, build tier 3 and cargo rocket. Fly either to asteroids or mars and start mining for expensive ores. The cargorocket allows for automatic material transfer.

Reactions: asb3pe

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
hm I somehow did this earlier but can't figure out now: how the hell do I put flint & steel on my arcane pedestal?
When I rclick it, it tries to fire up the pedestal instead.
Up: alt-rclick it is.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Really you can hopper stuff onto pedestals? Cool didn't know that one. Putting the flint & steel was a pain in the arse, needed 2 of those (1 to find exact spot to alt-rclick, 2nd to click it second time for the sake of non-broken infusion ingridient).
Thanks for the info, tho.

Reactions: DarknessShadow

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
hm I somehow did this earlier but can't figure out now: how the hell do I put flint & steel on my arcane pedestal?
When I rclick it, it tries to fire up the pedestal instead.
Up: alt-rclick it is.

I wasted a few Flint & Steel's because I clicked them trying to get them onto the Pedestal... and since they had been used one time (accidentally), they no longer worked and I had to make another. I think on the 4th try I finally got it seated properly. LOL

And I really am glad Galacticraft is in this pack. :)

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I wasted a few Flint & Steel's because I clicked them trying to get them onto the Pedestal... and since they had been used one time (accidentally), they no longer worked and I had to make another. I think on the 4th try I finally got it seated properly. LOL
You can repair flint & steels by combining 2 of em.
I've sitted on the pedestal, trying to find ideal click-zone, then when it got onto the position I've grabbed the flint & steel, repaired it & alt-rclicked again.

something about building nuclear reactors without much of theoretical preparation:

Last edited:
Reactions: sprAngles

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Also, how much crystalizers do I need to match speed of 2-alembic arcane furnance, did anyone do the tests? Crystilizers are powered by vis constantly.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Man till you said that noone knew you were my alt forum account. :(

Also, got another issue with my thaumcraft stuff. For some reason, every time I reload my singleplayer world, some of my vis relay nodes get disconnected. Why? What can I do to prevent it? As soon as I replant em, the situation fixes itself.

Also, regarding the Mars/Moon/Asteroids.
According to the Oregen book*, some of the ores can generate only in the End or Mars/Moon. Honestly, having in mind that we have Hardcore Ender Expansion installed, I'd prefer to go to the Mars to get Naquadah when the time comes. Also, I find the idea of spacestation base kinda very very nice.

*: View attachment 23940
Moon = Kinda of waste to go there
Mars = I dont remember
Asteroids = Naquadah

But all in all... the main reason of GC is... just fun :)