[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Btw is durability of the tools same for different harvest levels?
E.g., if I can mine say 256 blocks of <something> with iron pickaxe (durability 25600, lvl 2) does it mean I'll mine same amount of blocks with thaumium pickaxe (durability 25600, but lvl 3)?

up: ok tested it myself, no same dmg amount for thaumium & iron & wrought iron on same cobble block.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How do people speed up tungsten production? Build more EBFs or overclock the recipe with more amps/higher voltage somehow? It takes forever to cook tungsten ingots with 1 HV input.

You're way past the point you should have a builder's wand, no excuse to not have rain-proof walls, Dlur100. :p

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Btw is durability of the tools same for different harvest levels?
E.g., if I can mine say 256 blocks of <something> with iron pickaxe (durability 25600, lvl 2) does it mean I'll mine same amount of blocks with thaumium pickaxe (durability 25600, but lvl 3)?

up: ok tested it myself, no same dmg amount for thaumium & iron & wrought iron on same cobble block.
The damage only depends on the hardness. For example netherrack does close to no damage (~10), stone normal (~100) while obsidian or other really hard stuff does really a lot of damage (500+).

How do people speed up tungsten production? Build more EBFs or overclock the recipe with more amps/higher voltage somehow? It takes forever to cook tungsten ingots with 1 HV input.
Depends on your possible energy supply. I usually build a quad EBF with shared walls. 4 EBFs together needs as many materials 3 single ones would do. These would then be 3 MV and 1 HV EBF. My biggest base so far had even 14 EBFs.
But should you have enough energy, just build a higher tier. Overclocking 1, max 2 tiers is sometimes better.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Guys how do I drop items to the world from inventory? Can't find relevant buildcraft pipe for that and don't want to build a redstone pulsar for that...

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Guys how do I drop items to the world from inventory? Can't find relevant buildcraft pipe for that and don't want to build a redstone pulsar for that...

Thaumcraft item grate can do that. I use piping to push items from inventory to the item grate so that the stuff drops on to a magic mirror below.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the crafting table feeder done. Now I should wait.
It consists of an obsidian platform ~20z levels higher than the node, two chopper golems, several item pipes, two gatherers and one user. Plus, of course, the auto-projecters and an item grate. Thanks, Gatsu!

Right now the node is 80 Terra, 60 ordo and ~30-40 everything else. Wanna see what would it be tomorrow morning. :-3

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

You're way past the point you should have a builder's wand, no excuse to not have rain-proof walls, Dlur100. :p

Having mostly recovered from the hole in my base now (minor setback I think Greg would call it), I've rebuilt my HV EBF to be a double multiblock with shared walls. But I think I left myself enough room to add another 2 HV EBFs to it, once I make enough Nichrome again. I've got a separate MV EBF, but I'll just bring that into the fold I guess.

Never even tried using a builder's wand, or crafting an unstable ingot for that matter. I'll give it a go somewhere. I'm guessing if I try to do this in a room made out of warded glass and screw up the only casualty ought to be me? The base has been rebuilt today though, with walls and windows even this time. And I overbuilt the machines that I lost :)

Speaking of machines I lost, I can't believe I haven't tried using the GT type filters before. Holy cow these are the best thing since sliced bread. Using them to feed super item buffers with 4 and 9 count outputs into a packager with a dust schematic. It's frickin' awesome! I'm going to redo the place where the stuff from my Ender Quarry arrives at my base ASAP to pre-sort things into chests. Wow!

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the crafting table feeder done. Now I should wait.
It consists of an obsidian platform ~20z levels higher than the node, two chopper golems, several item pipes, two gatherers and one user. Plus, of course, the auto-projecters and an item grate. Thanks, Gatsu!

Right now the node is 80 Terra, 60 ordo and ~30-40 everything else. Wanna see what would it be tomorrow morning. :-3
Sweet.

I just bred empowering bees tonight. A few apiaries of these next to the hungry node that I fed up past 1000 primals should be fun :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Never even tried using a builder's wand, or crafting an unstable ingot for that matter. I'll give it a go somewhere. I'm guessing if I try to do this in a room made out of warded glass and screw up the only casualty ought to be me? The base has been rebuilt today though, with walls and windows even this time. And I overbuilt the machines that I lost :)

I've blown myself up dividing by diamond a number of times and every time the explosion was limited to my character.

The only thing I do in terms of safety is divide in the nude.
rnfabBO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sprAngles

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Never even tried using a builder's wand, or crafting an unstable ingot for that matter. I'll give it a go somewhere. I'm guessing if I try to do this in a room made out of warded glass and screw up the only casualty ought to be me?

If you haven't activated your sigil thing, yet, I recommend you craft a golden lasso for the sacrifice portion of the activation ritual--makes wrangling a sheep or w/e onto the enchanting table easy for the midnight kill.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
How to find... melons? I discovered like 15 villages, noone trades them.
Also, how does JABBA hopper upgrade work? I need barrel to output items into machine, how do i achive that?

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How to find... melons? I discovered like 15 villages, noone trades them.

Melons can be found all over the place in vanilla Jungle biomes.

I've never used the hopper upgrade but presumably it works the way you'd think it would. Needs X amount of structure points so put enough structure upgrades on the barrel to support the hopper upgrade, then put the hopper upgrade on. At which point I'd expect the barrel to eject items into any inventory it detects directly beneath itself. Hmm, I'd also expect it to suck items from any inventory directly above it. I've never used them myself as I hate making JABBA upgrades and by the time I've got a system that autocrafts them I'm using conduit/buses everywhere so no longer need hoppers.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that. Does not work for me.

A quick google search finds mention of a hopper facade. You put the upgrade on then stick the facade on the face you want to have hopper functionality. Tried that? Getting kind of complex lol, I'd really need to save that one block of space to not just stick a real hopper in there.

Err, I might be reading that wrong, the upgrade itself might be the facade and you need to stick it on the face you want hopper functionality. That means you'll need to put the barrel somewhere you can get ot the bottom of it, stick the upgrade on the bottom then use the dolly to put it on top of the machine. I used to be able to use wrenches to turn jabba barrels but the yeta doesn't seem to do that for me, I should try the quartz wrench I made early on. Either way I wouldn't trust it to also "turn" the hopper upgrade so use the dolly.

I can play with it myself once my world loads. Looking in NEI there is indeed an upgrade AND a facade.

Update: Works fine on my Ore Washing Plant.

Last edited:
Reactions: GammaGoblin

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
How do you guys handle world breaking updates on your servers/single player worlds? the 3.1x update destroyed my last world and haven't had the time to start anew again after that. I had hoped that we would get 3.2 soon so i could start anew then and have plenty of time before i encountered that kind of problem again but with 3.2 being pretty far away i was thinking of starting anew now on 3.14.

Is there any way around this issue? For normal servers this is less of a problem but due to the time it takes to get anywhere in this modpack (which i think is a good thing) so by the time i get to the interesting parts (MV-HV+) i usually run into update issues with my server.

Also keeps me away from putting a lot of effort into building nice looking bases as the servers generally don't last that long for me before i run into troubles :(

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
OK, them hoppers work not fast enough, how else can i input items into machines from chests/barrels? There are eIO item conduits, they also dont work fast enough. There are GT item pipes, but i dont know how i make them to work with chests/barrels.